Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
I have finished reading it, and I have 2 words for you. GET IT !!

Darth Scythe
I just saw this today at borders. It pisses me off when new sh*t is only released in hard cover. I refuse to fall into the trap of getting a bigger book for $20 more than a paperback would be. I really want to read it and Outbound Flight still but I feel like Ackar did when the Rebels came out of hyperspace over Endor: "It's a trap!"

Or maybe I'm just cheap. big grin

Darth Sexy
I guarantee you this book will answer a LOT of your questions

zephiel7
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I guarantee you this book will answer a LOT of your questions

Awesome... Tell me Sexy... is the holocron of Darth Revan an actual artifact? stick out tongue

Darth Sexy
Yes.. This book makes Revan look like one of the top 5 sith of alll time. I was very pleased with it. I don't want to ruin anymore lol..But Revan is definitely up there now.

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
I just saw this today at borders. It pisses me off when new sh*t is only released in hard cover. I refuse to fall into the trap of getting a bigger book for $20 more than a paperback would be. I really want to read it and Outbound Flight still but I feel like Ackar did when the Rebels came out of hyperspace over Endor: "It's a trap!"

Or maybe I'm just cheap. big grin

Blue_Hefner
What the hell? I thought it came out in November

Smoker Stevens
Does he kick some major ass??

Darth Sexy
Yea Bane kicks major ass, but it's Revan everyone should focus on.

Quinlan_Vos
Well even before it, lot of people believed Revan is slightly greater than ROTS Sidious and even more powerful as Post-Star Forge Revan. Hey Sexy, since I'm not going to get the book, can you like send me the whole story recap and Bane's and Revan's powers? If you can do this, I will very much obliged?????

Lightsnake
The entire book is that egotist Drew Karpshyn's valentine to his ego-trip.

Blue_Hefner
Well, what happened? I don't feel like buying it.

Darth Sexy
Its worth the money dude

Blue_Hefner
I already have like twenty books to read about John Steinbeck for English before October 13. I don't have time to buy it.

Darth Sexy
oh god, John Steinback? Ew..

ESB Vader
did bane really pull a moon out of orbit? and how powerful was he?

Darth Sexy
no he didn't and he was pretty damn powerful. Definitely top 10 material. In terms of intelligence he was brilliant, maybe second or third greatest.

ESB Vader
damm, i thought i read on wiki he "nudged" the moon closer to onderon, just abit closer so he could cross

Jedi Priestess
Have you people never heard of The Public Library? blink

Darth Sexy
Yea, because a brand new novel is going to be in the public library anytime soon..

ESB Vader
but honestly did he really from dxun cross to onderon? like make it closer while he is on a beast to cross

Darth Sexy
it didn't get that far into the book, and that isn't even a canon source. The book ended with him finding Zannah.

ESB Vader
damm wiki must have been bull sh!t

zephiel7
I just read it.

Best. Star Wars. Book. Ever.

Bane does some pretty cool things...

He collapses a twenty story temple offhandedly in order to kill the best duelist of the sith order (as well as his personal lightsaber mentor)

Darth Sexy
Kas'im was not only the best dueler of the order, he was possibly the greatest lightsaber duelist ever.. POSSIBLY...

Yet after reading this, Revan owns.

zephiel7
http://www.thecharmedones.com/spoilers.jpg

That fight scene had to be the coolest fight in the book. I've read the part about him mastering the seven lightsaber forms and studying since day 1 to be the best lightsaber duelist around. He is definately a good candidate for being the best ligthsaber duelist. Despite that fact, Bane was winning before Kas'im 'unleashed' his Jar'Kai style.

Of course, all that went to hell when Bane destroyed the temple...

As it would seem, canonically, all of Bane's uber techniques were learned mostly from Revan. The thought bomb, force storm, the huge surge of energy he unleashed on the temple etc.,

Yeah man, these two guys are pretty high up on the strongest Sith list stick out tongue

Darth Sexy
Revan higher than Bane at least.. In power and knowledge, cunning. intelligence..

zephiel7
Revan higher than Bane at least.. In power and knowledge, cunning. intelligence..

True, but dude, Bane was pretty smart too stick out tongue. He played puppetmaster with the Brotherhood of darkness.

Darth Sexy
Yea but Revan was a TRUE sith lord who came up with the rule of two.

ESB Vader
who the hell is kas'im dude, i thought tulak hord was a better duelist

force storm? i thought that came from palpatine zephiel

zephiel7
Originally posted by ESB Vader
who the hell is kas'im dude, i thought tulak hord was a better duelist

force storm? i thought that came from palpatine zephiel

Kas'im is the best duelist during Bane's time.

From the book.

Kas'im had trained his entire life for this moment. After years of study, he had mastered all seven forms of the lighstaber. Then he'd honed his skill for decades, perfecting every move and sequence until he had become the perfuect weapon and the greatest living swordsman in the galaxy. Maybe the greatest swordsman ever.

It was apparently a technique discovered (or possibly created) by Darth Revan.

Bane concerted his force attack with the brotherhood in attempt to create a force storm of godly proportions. It was about to wipe out the entire planet of Russan. Far larger than the storm that Palpatine created, but it required the combined power of other sith lords.

He learned the technique from the holocron of Darth Revan.

ESB Vader
wow so bane could create force storm lol, but in order for it to be bigger than mr palpatines, it required other sith to help in

id put revan and bane on a tie, for saber combat, hmmm id say bane cuz of his armour

Darth Sexy
zephiel, the force storm bane was about to create was nothing compared to Sidious' force storm. It would be a conflagration that would cause an X amount of damage, but Sidious' force storm tore the fabric of space-time itself.

ESB Vader
weird, thought tulak hord was the better duelist, compared to the best duelers on the old republic kreia said that they are like children playing with toys, that could even mean revan

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by zephiel7
Kas'im is the best duelist during Bane's time.

From the book.

Kas'im had trained his entire life for this moment. After years of study, he had mastered all seven forms of the lighstaber. Then he'd honed his skill for decades, perfecting every move and sequence until he had become the perfuect weapon and the greatest living swordsman in the galaxy. Maybe the greatest swordsman ever.

It was apparently a technique discovered (or possibly created) by Darth Revan.

Bane concerted his force attack with the brotherhood in attempt to create a force storm of godly proportions. It was about to wipe out the entire planet of Russan. Far larger than the storm that Palpatine created, but it required the combined power of other sith lords.

He learned the technique from the holocron of Darth Revan.

Let's see if people still think Palapatine was the most powerful now.

ESB Vader
palapatine? who the fu8k is that?? lol u mean palpatine. id rate him in the top 5 of known powerful sith lords, as for revan, i hate his armour, so ugly and crud looking like a piece of sh!t and worse of all he has women legs

something likes this
1.exar kun / EE palpatine(empires end)
2.darth nihilus
3.post starforge revan and bane (id tie them because bane learnt everything revan knew and having his own technique, also i saw somewhere where they mentioned bane pulled dxun closer to onderon)
4.darth krayt( if he really is jacen solo, jacen was kick ass in njo and lotf)
5. rots sidious
6. EU darth vader

Quinlan_Vos
that would awesome if Krayt was Jacen. Biggest surprise for Cade.

Anyway, I would rank my Sith as:

0. Nihilus
1.) DE Sidious
2.) Marka Ragnos
3.) Exar Kun
4.) Naga Sadow
5.) Revan
6.) Ulic Qel-Droma
7.) Bane

Darth Kreiger
So wait, Bane was after Revan? confused (<--- little knowledge of Ancient Sith)

zephiel7
It's funny that you are accusing people for making typos when you don't even bother to use punctuation... :,(

ESB Vader
i was just joking

Jedi Priestess
Yea, because a brand new novel is going to be in the public library anytime soon..

Where do you live? blink

My hometown isnt that big and our library will order in whatever you want so that they get it the day it comes out. yes

Alot of people under estimate everything a library can do for them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mišt
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
I just saw this today at borders. It pisses me off when new sh*t is only released in hard cover. I refuse to fall into the trap of getting a bigger book for $20 more than a paperback would be.

Hehe, Im the opposite, I'd rather pay for a good hardcover if the book is a good one-shot, but I agree about the cost being ridiculous. I have the choice of buying the paperback for $19, or $50 for hardcover no expression

But Ill probably get this in hardcover if given the choice.

But anyway, read the preview and sounds like a cool story, cant wait for it.

Council#13
I like soft-covers because they can fit into my winter jacket no expression

Darth Sexy
I got a hard cover for $12. Well worth it

zephiel7
Originally posted by ESB Vader
i was just joking
me too

yeesh man

General G
I have got to get this book, it sounds crazy awesome, but I'm not sure if I should wait until paperback or not...hmm.

Darth Sexy
the hardcover is a million times better looking than a stupid paperback

Blue_Hefner
I got a hard cover for $12. Well worth it
Damn, the hardbacks down here are like $40. Where do you live?

Darth Sexy
Texas

zephiel7
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Damn, the hardbacks down here are like $40. Where do you live?

WHOLY CRAP!

here in Canada it is more like $13.

Blue_Hefner
WHOLY CRAP!

Well, I don't believe Canada has as much money as we do. And there is inflation because of gas prices.

Kas'Im
This is by far the best SW book ever. Also, how badass is Zannah? She just choked those two jedi to death purely on instinct, far more impressive than anything Bane did instinctively.

General G
WHOLY CRAP!

I live in Canada, where did you get yours, mine was like $35!

Null ARC Avis
MAJOR SPOILER ABOUT ALL OF THE COOL ACTION THINGS!!!

So in the sith acadamy on korriban, bane owns this one relativly powerful student with the force so bad. choked and killed the bitc4.

Later in the book he WTF pwns the strongest student in the acadamy so bad. Could have killed the man easily about 20 times in their fight.

Then he fights the dude again with the help of Githany against him and 2 other Zabrak sith. Githany wip owns the fools.

Then there are battles that show Hoth WTFpwning sith like their is no tommorow. Hoth is major badass in this book.

Then their is the fight with Bane against Kasim, who he beats in a saber duel, until he gets cock(lol)y and Kasim gets a moment to breath and turn his twin blade into TWIN bladeS. Then at the temple door, which bane barely makes it to alive, Kasim gives a short speech and Bane crushed a temple on the bitches ass.

That was all of the cool fight senes i remember.

Blue_Hefner
I just got it. so far it's good.

Blue_Hefner

As it would seem, canonically, all of Bane's uber techniques were learned mostly from Revan. The thought bomb, force storm, the huge surge of energy he unleashed on the temple etc.,

Yeah man, these two guys are pretty high up on the strongest Sith list stick out tongue

Where did that happen again? I must have missed that part.

Darth Sexy
When he went to the unknown world and studied Revan's Holocron

Blue_Hefner
I didn't read about him learning any powers...

Mider999
is this a comic or just a novel with just words meh comics are kinda a great mixture of visual and litarary art though sometimes there not as good as movies but movies are sometimes not as good as comics.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by King Adas
This is by far the best SW book ever. Also, how badass is Zannah? She just choked those two jedi to death purely on instinct, far more impressive than anything Bane did instinctively.

i disagree. it's certainly an interesting read, but i wouldn't say its the best SW book ever. for starters, i didn't see the grandness of all the other books... it was small scale and not very detailed.
second, Drew made one badass mistake TWICE!!
i fumed when i read about Form VII (also mentioned by name as Vaapad, so it's the same one) when Mace Windo, 1,000+ after Bane's time - CANONICALLY - was the one to create/invent it...
coz dont forget, he named it after a creature indigenous to his homeworld.

Blue_Hefner
Well, he probably meant Juyo and some editor probably changed it. And vaapad are native to Sarapin not Haruun Kal.

xxxpoppunker182
the vapaad thing made me a little mad. but i was a little bummeb out that it left off with bane finding Zannah cause i wanted to learn a little bit more about his apprentice and how he gets the orbalisk armor.

Dessel
Yeah, me too, hopefully it'll be explored in the sequel.

xxxpoppunker182
there's going to be a sequel!

Dessel
There's got to be a sequel. Hasn't been confirmed yet, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna go down, I mean why not, Drew stated that he was up for it.

Escape81
On the issue of the Vaapad thing, it just goes to show that the idiot who wrote the book didn't do his homework. He's just a KotoR-producing-Revan-fanboy who attempted to credit all of Bane's success to Revan.

Why? Because he's an idiot.

I want to read the book, and I'll admit that it looks extremely interesting, but it is far from being the best ever. Luceno and Zahn curbstomp this guy as an author.

Darth revan202
i want to get this book so bad now

Kadesh
Originally posted by Escape81
On the issue of the Vaapad thing, it just goes to show that the idiot who wrote the book didn't do his homework. He's just a KotoR-producing-Revan-fanboy who attempted to credit all of Bane's success to Revan.

I want to read the book, and I'll admit that it looks extremely interesting, but it is far from being the best ever. Luceno and Zahn curbstomp this guy as an author. Agreed, originally its from dxun where bane learnt the rule of 2 thing i think, i may be wrong

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Escape81

I want to read the book, and I'll admit that it looks extremely interesting, but it is far from being the best ever. Luceno and Zahn curbstomp this guy as an author.

The guy's only written three novels. Dont give him such a hard time, please. I'm sure some of other people would try to connect their works of art together too.

Lord Coal
Yea but Revan was a TRUE sith lord who came up with the rule of two.

Wrong. Bane invented the rule of two. Check Wiki.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Lord Coal
Wrong. Bane invented the rule of two. Check Wiki.
Revan was logically following the rule of two as well.

Because Revan was DLOTS and Malak was his apprentice. Also, Revan was the leader and Malak was 2nd in command of the Sith fleet.

The rest of the Sith were just followers with different roles and many were Dark Jedi.

But Bane's time was different and he understood that in order to hide the identity of Sith, a proper rule of TWO concept must by used and no followers be added. So just (Master and Apprentice) tradition was adopted by him.

And it might be possible that Bane's idea of rule of TWO might be inspired from Revan's approach to Sith ranking and structure.

Though Bane can still be credited for implementing the actual rule of TWO, which involves only a single Master and an Apprentice.

Sexyback
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4L826PM8

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction - the best fricking Star Wars book ever.

Kadesh
just finished reading it, Damm revan only appeared in like what 2 pages?

And darthsexy, there was nothing in that book which made revan look like a god instead it made naga sadow, exar kun and revan all look equal. 3 of them were refered to the great sith lords the galaxy witnessed

But i agree with swlegend. Bane got his inspiration of the rule of 2 from revan though this tradition predated both of them.

The earliest master and apprentice i know of is naga and nadd

i have read rodv and compared it to Pod and personally vader seems much stronger in RODV than bane in POD.

The super storm bane did with the other sith didnt give me a kick lol because i saw it in jedi vs sith long ago.

Sexyback
I agree, I really didn't think Revan was any more powerful after reading this book, sure his knowledge base was incredible, but that much was obvious from the KotOR games. BTW Kadesh, what did you think of Bane? Do you think he might have one of the highest potentials ever, considering he was only 26 by the end of the book, had trained for less than three years, and is only just beginning to explore some true sith teachings.

Kadesh
yup, what bane did in a short amount of time was actually incredible

Its his determination and eagerness to learn the ancient secrets and learn from the ancient sith which intrests me.

And this is the first sith lord i have read so far where he strait became a sith rather than the same old boring crap of "The dark side consumed him, he became a fallen jedi". But this is different, He strait away chose the dark path

About his potential, yes he has very great potential, after POD im sure he went to the tomb of freedon nadd and he got the orbalisk armour as legacy comics proved.

Bane with orbalisks i think would beat almost everybody in saber dueling

Sexyback
It was stated in tNEGtC that he also developed a saber resistant mask, so the only vulnerable area in his whole body is the back of his head. And he also moved a moon out of orbit, it's been proven.

Kadesh
yup, Legacy comic further backs up his orbalisk on his face.

One thing though.

The dark side source book did put that each scale of orbalisk weighs like 1kg and bane had quite a few of them

anyways im going to bed, merry x-mas all

zephiel7
Originally posted by Kadesh
yup, Legacy comic further backs up his orbalisk on his face.

One thing though.

The dark side source book did put that each scale of orbalisk weighs like 1kg and bane had quite a few of them

anyways im going to bed, merry x-mas all

In the end the contrast was pretty cool. You have innocent little Raine and Darth Bane.

Bane: Who are you child.

Zannah: I'm a killer too.

Bane: That's cool.

General G
And this is the first sith lord i have read so far where he strait became a sith rather than the same old boring crap of "The dark side consumed him, he became a fallen jedi". But this is different, He strait away chose the dark path

Darth Maul...

Kadesh
Darth maul was a begger

General G
blink

Captain REX
Does that mean all beggers are alligned with the Light Side in Kadesh-land? ermm

Kadesh
yes including you rex *hides*

Crayshear
I have a felling Darth Revan is becoming more poppular than Darth
Vader. No harsh, but Darth Vader is Moody Old

Crayshear
I think Revan would crush Vader easy, Vader will lose.

Kadesh
Um no revan wouldnt "crush" vader,fanbrat revan would beat him in a fight, and sadly sw fans picked vader over every other sith lord which includes revan, so quit your cheerleading fanboyism

EDIT

Your feelings betray you son

Darth Sexy
Easily? No. But he would beat him.

General Kenobl
I rank the Sith as such:

1) Sidious
2) Kun
3) Revan
4) Ragnos
5) Nihilus
6) Vader
7) Bane
8) Tyrannus
9) Sion
10) Nadd

Kadesh
Originally posted by General Kenobl
I rank the Sith as such:

1) Sidious
2) Kun
3) Revan
4) Ragnos
5) Nihilus
6) Vader
7) Bane
8) Tyrannus
9) Sion
10) Nadd

should be more like this

1)sidious
2)revan/kun
3)vader
4)Nihilus
5)Dooku
apparantly i cant rate the ancient sith until they actually do something. And these characters are pretty much the top 5

General Kenobl
Well Ragnos is very powerful Kadesh. He was the Ancient Sith's mightiest, he made them grow powerful, his scepter needed energy from planets to resurrect him, and his passing into the Force sent ripples across lightyears.

Kadesh
Just because he is an ancient sith doesnt mean he is powerful, we saw naga sadow and ludo kressh, they suck ass and ludo cant even block a brick.His scepter is a piece of shit by the way, it couldnt kill any one and it took ages for it to drain the force unlike nihilus who replicated this feat with his hands and who would embarrass marka ragnos. And sidious was described as a black hole in the force.

Therefore i cannot rank ragnos, NOT until i see what he can do.
And so what if he is powerful? Sidious is the ultimate sith lord and vaders like what? nearly as powerful as he is? Vader deserves to be in the top 5, he even flew in Betrayel empire comic, i dont know if it was due to the vacuum or not but he flew a loop to slice a piece of debris, This may well be force flight because he demonstrated this is battlefront 2.

General G
Originally posted by General Kenobl
I rank the Sith as such:

1) Sidious
2) Kun
3) Revan
4) Ragnos
5) Nihilus
6) Vader
7) Bane
8) Tyrannus
9) Sion
10) Nadd

I probably wouldn't even put Sion in the top 10, he just didn't impress me very much, I pretty much owned him in KOTOR 2 with my not even very powerful character. Yeah, he can heal to 100%, thats all fine and dandy, but apparently he can lose his will power pretty easy.

Kadesh
Aparantly sions so called invincibility only happens on malachor V, he himself stated that

General G
Then how come he did it on Korriban? (By the way, I owned him there too, what a fool)

Kadesh
In malachor V you notice his health bar completely goes down, while in korriban in only reaches 1/4 of his health left, Although this is from gameplay, his statements further back it up

General G
In malachor V you notice his health bar completely goes down, while in korriban in only reaches 1/4 of his health left, Although this is from gameplay, his statements further back it up

Mmk, I never really paid attention to how far his health went down, perhaps I will next time I play it smile

Either way, that just further proves that Sion should not be in the top 10, he's a cool character and a cool Sith, just not good enough to be top 10 material in my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.