I broke my finger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lana
Spending the morning in the emergency room SUCKS ASS.

Yeah. Got my hand slammed in my bedroom door this morning. It's bleeding everywhere and I nearly threw up and passed out from the blood and the pain.

So I go into the emergency room and get it x-rayed and all that fun stuff. My left middle finger is broken, and the nail is smashed and will fall off, so I need to go see a hand doctor tomorrow from that. And since it was still bleeding more than three hours after it happened, I got three stitches.

Holy **** this hurts so much cry

PandoraMomo
Originally posted by Lana

Yeah. Got my hand slammed in my bedroom door this morning. It's bleeding everywhere and I nearly threw up and passed out from the blood and the pain.

So I go into the emergency room and get it x-rayed and all that fun stuff. My left middle finger is broken, and the nail is smashed and will fall off, so I need to go see a hand doctor tomorrow from that. And since it was still bleeding more than three hours after it happened, I got three stitches.

hugflowershug
Oh Lana, I think I shall buy you some fake nails

Yoshiaki
ouch... get well soon

Lana
Originally posted by PandoraMomo
hugflowershug
Oh Lana, I think I shall buy you some fake nails

laughing out loud

redcaped
A hand doctor?! It is comprehensivle...Oh, get well.

silver_tears
Oh dear god, I have no pain threshold, pass out from the slightest pain, I stubbed my toe on a couch once and fainted embarrasment

LanceWindu
Originally posted by silver_tears
Oh dear god, I have no pain threshold, pass out from the slightest pain, I stubbed my toe on a couch once and fainted embarrasment

*pinches Irene, watches her pass out*

Lana
When they were giving me a shot for the anesthetic, it felt like they were stabbing right through my hand...and even with that it still hurt like all hell.

silver_tears
Originally posted by LanceWindu
*pinches Irene, watches her pass out*

faint Oh no, my kryptonite

Jack of Blades
Hmm well all i can say Get Well soon and dont kill a person just couz the pain is Horible

Bardock42
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LanceWindu
When they were giving me a shot for the anesthetic, it felt like they were stabbing right through my hand...and even with that it still hurt like all hell.

Try breaking your wrist in 3 places and having the doctor inject painkiller directly between the broken bones and then the painkiller not working while they seperate your hand from your arm and manually squeeze the bones back into place. That hurt.

Lana
Try breaking your wrist in 3 places and having the doctor inject painkiller directly between the broken bones and then the painkiller not working while they seperate your hand from your arm and manually squeeze the bones back into place. That hurt.

****ing owww eekermm

Bardock42

Sounds like fun...I once listened to How Soon is Now by Tatu ...the whole song.

~Lord_Vezon~
That was unnecessary.....smart

FoxMeister

And the first thing you decided to do with your severed hand is to tell people on a forum by typing with you fingers. I dont see the LOGIC

Bardock42
Originally posted by FoxMeister
And the first thing you decided to do with your severed hand is to tell people on a forum by typing with you fingers. I dont see the LOGIC She's an addict.

Diamonds
And she doesn't need to type with that finger.
Hope it heals soon.
The worst thing is that you're too old for a sticker and a lolly pop from the doctor for "being a good girl" stick out tongue

Jack of Blades
No more Lolly Pop sad

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Diamonds
And she doesn't need to type with that finger.
Hope it heals soon.
The worst thing is that you're too old for a sticker and a lolly pop from the doctor for "being a good girl" stick out tongue

Pfft, I'd ask for one anyways.

~Lord_Vezon~
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
No more Lolly Pop sad

petpet

Jack of Blades
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/pitt_cookie.gif

masterkit

Im srry...but we still luv u(not that darned door*runs into lana's house and tears down door and replaces it with a NICER new one*) happy

Noble Strong
good for you telling us your broken finger. and feed upon the sympathy/love from others.

Piggle Humsy

ouch!

petpet

At least you weren't hit in the head with a brick and then bottled...
that happened to my brothers mate the other night ermm

Hope you get better soon. smile

Lana
And the first thing you decided to do with your severed hand is to tell people on a forum by typing with you fingers. I dont see the LOGIC

It's called typing one-handed.

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
ouch!

petpet

At least you weren't hit in the head with a brick and then bottled...
that happened to my brothers mate the other night ermm

Hope you get better soon. smile

Yikes messed thanks dear.

ThePittman

Lana

Tptmanno1
That sucks...
But permanently flicking people off is funny!

~Da Rev~
*pinches Irene, watches her pass out* owned.

LethalFemme

The story you told me involved PandoraMomo and a bottle of Jack Daniels.ermm

AOR

Did the nail do beneath the bleeding thing? Where the blood build pressure beneath the nail? If so I feel your pain cry...

If not, take your problems else where mhm

hug I'm just kidding. I hope you get better very soon yes

Punkyhermy
Ouch!!

That must suck so much!
sad

Milkie

Your story makes my heart heavy and my prostate weak... my bladder is full to bursting...

Lana
Originally posted by AOR
Did the nail do beneath the bleeding thing? Where the blood build pressure beneath the nail? If so I feel your pain cry...

If not, take your problems else where mhm

hug I'm just kidding. I hope you get better very soon yes

It did actually, they had to put a hole in my nail so the blood and stuff can drain. Oh my god did that hurt.

Lord Paradise
I've never broken anything... good luck with healing and whatnot.

Lumanix
Why're you typing Lana? stick out tongue

-Tired Hiker-
It did actually, they had to put a hole in my nail so the blood and stuff can drain. Oh my god did that hurt.

Back in Nam, I would sew up my own bullet wounds. sick

LethalFemme
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Back in Nam, I would sew up my own bullet wounds. sick

OMFG you can sow?shock

AOR

Was it the hot burning rod eek! ? Heck yeah it hurts, but the relief is to die for droolio

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by LethalFemme
OMFG you can sow?shock

I's 'sew', and yes, I can sew.

Maple Sugar
...cry you poor thing

BlackSunshine

geez...it must have taken forver to type all that. Sorry you got hurt. sad

Lana
Originally posted by Lumanix
Why're you typing Lana? stick out tongue

I'm using just my right hand stick out tongue

Originally posted by AOR
Was it the hot burning rod eek! ? Heck yeah it hurts, but the relief is to die for droolio

I have no idea, I refused to look at my hand...they did it after the stitches and I'm terrified of needles so yeah.

Originally posted by BlackSunshine
geez...it must have taken forver to type all that. Sorry you got hurt. sad

I copied and pasted it out of my livejournal, but that took me about 20 minutes to type.

LethalFemme
The story you told me involved PandoraMomo and a bottle of Jack Daniels.ermm

ermm

Lana
Sadly, I wish stick out tongue

Piggle Humsy
I have no idea, I refused to look at my hand...they did it after the stitches and I'm terrified of needles so yeah.

I split my head open when I was 6 and I really wanted to look but they wouldn't let me as they said it would traumatise me down
I only got to see it after they'd sealed it with 26 stitches disgust

justjakk
well, my mom got hit by the car. we brought her in the house and sat her on the lazyboy chair, then kicked her feet up. she broke one ankle and two toes on one foot and two toes one the other foot. one was kinda bent up and looked wierd. when the EMTs arrived, this chika woman came up and yanked on her bent up toe. mom liked to flew out of that chair.

LethalFemme
Sadly, I wish stick out tongue

If you drink it you can do it.ermm

Lana
If you drink it you can do it.ermm

I don't drink ermm

Thorinn

Holy **** this hurts so much cry petpet

hug <-----for the pain.

LethalFemme
I don't drink ermm

Does she?ermm

Lana
Originally posted by Thorinn
petpet

hug <-----for the pain.

They gave me vicodin droolio

That shit makes me so out of it (funny story on that already), but it makes the pain less.

Does she?ermm

Mo? Not much.

LethalFemme

That shit makes me so out of it (funny story on that already), but it makes the pain less.

Mo? Not much.

Wait until she's sleep.ermm

Barker

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I split my head open when I was 6 and I really wanted to look but they wouldn't let me as they said it would traumatise me down
I only got to see it after they'd sealed it with 26 stitches disgust
Originally posted by Thorinn
petpet

hug <-----for the pain.

PandoraMomo

Mo? Not much.
yeah, not much, altho tonight one of my coworkers made me the best banana martini.. *drools*

Oh, and Lana? I will get u fake nails

Lana
yeah, not much, altho tonight one of my coworkers made me the best banana martini.. *drools*

Oh, and Lana? I will get u fake nails

Banana? Ewww.

And you're so gonna laugh at my "vicodin makes me make no sense" story stick out tongue

PandoraMomo
Bananas are yummy! and tell me the story

Lana
Bananas are yummy! and tell me the story

My mom asked if I had taken my medicine and I meant to say "yeah, I took my antibiotics", but I was reading an IM from Ush at the same time and he mentioned lightsabers, and I ended up saying "yeah, I took my antisabers...what the hell?!"

My mom was severely confused laughing out loud

PandoraMomo
My mom asked if I had taken my medicine and I meant to say "yeah, I took my antibiotics", but I was reading an IM from Ush at the same time and he mentioned lightsabers, and I ended up saying "yeah, I took my antisabers...what the hell?!"

oh thats great La

LethalFemme

You're a wild one Lana.ermm

Lana
oh thats great La

Hehe.

Antisabers I think will now be my new favorite word...

Prabhodh
Awww.... get well soon lana. bunny

Oh and can we see this hand of yours. ninja

Lana
I suppose I could try and take a pic of my splinted up hand tomorrow...stick out tongue

PandoraMomo
I suppose I could try and take a pic of my splinted up hand tomorrow...stick out tongue do it

Prabhodh
I suppose I could try and take a pic of my splinted up hand tomorrow...stick out tongue

do it

evillaugh

Lana
I've got a doctor's appoinment in the morning so yeah, I'll try it when I get home.

I was given a mini-splint to wear but I have a feeling I'll be stuck with the big one for a few weeks at least.

PandoraMomo
I've got a doctor's appoinment in the morning so yeah, I'll try it when I get home.

I was given a mini-splint to wear but I have a feeling I'll be stuck with the big one for a few weeks at least.
one of the guys at works broke his finger and is in a splint for 2 months

Lana
one of the guys at works broke his finger and is in a splint for 2 months They gave me this weird little one but I doubt I'll be using it for a while.

This big one is really annoying.

And I'm going to bed because I'm really tired stick out tongue

PandoraMomo
They gave me this weird little one but I doubt I'll be using it for a while.

Good night La. Maybe I'll need in and jump on you to wake you up tomorrow

TOH
They gave me this weird little one but I doubt I'll be using it for a while.

offtobed

InnerRise
One bad thing after another huh?

How will this affect your schooling?

is it comprehensible.....

Nichole
Poor thing, I think I broke my toe a few weeks ago, so I know somewhat how you feel. *hugs*

Shelbert Lemon
Lana..... hug

JaehSkywalker
ouch.

luck with that... and take care of it...>.<

Devalion

Oh my God hun, are you ok?

bogen
i broke my pinky once, one of the bones passed straight through another one, so that hurt more than abit.
Also ive broken a toe

ThePittman

Lana
Originally posted by InnerRise
One bad thing after another huh?

How will this affect your schooling?

Well, I'm not gonna be at school on Friday for the next few weeks...just had a doctor's appointment and have another checkup next Friday and the Friday after, and I need to get more x-rays in three weeks to see how it's healing. It's not the hand I write with though so that won't be effected at all.

I went in today to see a hand doctor and they ended up pulling the nail off entirely, and they took out the stitches from yesterday and replaced them with new ones and did a few more. After they did the anesthetic I didn't feel a single thing at all, which was great. Yay no pain!

They gave me a smaller splint as well, so I can actually move my hand without hurting my finger. I'm gonna be wearing a splint for at least 6-8 weeks though.

InnerRise
Let's hope that nail grows back. I don't know about fingernails but I know when I toenail comes off, there's a chance it may not grow back.

Well hopefully you'll have somebody that will let you know what happened in your classes. That sucks. I'd be pissed. I almost ended up missing my class this morning b/c of the doctors. I got back and had 10 mins to get to class.

I think the worse thing that happened to me in terms of injuring certain body parts was when I was playing football with my older cousins and their friend when I was younger, or either we were racing, I don't remember. But I happen to be in front somehow, and then I tripped and fell and then it came. They all came running and they all ran on top of me. They just didn't or couldn't stop.

I sprained my hand so bad. I couldn't close my hand. I couldn't grab anything. I don't actually know what's bad in terms of sprains but I know it was bad for me at least.

There is the time though that my grandma was cooking and I was standing too close and the whole pot of hot grease fell on top of my foot.

Thinking back on it, I don't know which was worse. But oh my god. I don't even remember how I managed to get around or wear shoes and stuff, if I even wore shoes.

Hope you get better and I hope my pain brings you joy in your time of pain.

If that makes since. confused

Lightningrod

did they give something for the pain???

Lana
Eeek, ouch messed

Well, that's why I've got checkups next week and the week after, so they can check on the nail and be sure that it's growing in properly.

Originally posted by Lightningrod
did they give something for the pain???

Yeah, they gave me an antibiotic (so it won't get infected), ibuprofen, and vicodin.

Strong vicodin, too. I keep nearly falling asleep within an hour of taking it laughing out loud

Sanctuary

Ow ow ow. shock

hug

Lightningrod
Eeek, ouch messed

Well, that's why I've got checkups next week and the week after, so they can check on the nail and be sure that it's growing in properly.

Yeah, they gave me an antibiotic (so it won't get infected), ibuprofen, and vicodin.

Strong vicodin, too. I keep nearly falling asleep within an hour of taking it laughing out loud

wow that is some strong stuff
i wish i had something like that

AOR

Well at least all the bad stuff is over and done with stick out tongue. No comes the healing...

Lana
Now the worst is over stick out tongue

I need to go find my camera so I can take a picture of how weird the bandages and splint look.

Oh, and I got to see how my finger looked when I was at the doctor this morning....ewwww. It was all bruised and bloody and gross.

Two months I'll be wearing the splint, though, and 3 until it's all completely healed...at the earliest.

AOR
Now the worst is over stick out tongue

I need to go find my camera so I can take a picture of how weird the bandages and splint look.

Oh, and I got to see how my finger looked when I was at the doctor this morning....ewwww. It was all bruised and bloody and gross.

Two months I'll be wearing the splint, though, and 3 until it's all completely healed...at the earliest.

Lucky you. I dropped a weight on my toe. Let me tell you, the pressure that builds underneath that toenail...weep

Lana
Yeah, I know all about that...but as of this morning, I have no nail on my middle left finger! no expression

crabman
Originally posted by Lana I broke my finger

Punched in the nose?

big grin big grin big grin

j/k

AOR
Yeah, I know all about that...but as of this morning, I have no nail on my middle left finger! no expression

You know as long as there is no nail, that bird will fly laughing

Lana
Originally posted by AOR
You know as long as there is no nail, that bird will fly laughing

laughing out loud I can't put my middle finger down.

Wheee, pic! The hole at the base of my middle finger is where they stabbed me for the anesthetic shot. I have a smaller matching hole on the palm of my hand as well...which is a really painful place for a shot.

AOR

Wheee, pic! The hole at the base of my middle finger is where they stabbed me for the anesthetic shot. I have a smaller matching hole on the palm of my hand as well...which is a really painful place for a shot.

Pssssh anesthetics? They just went on ahead and burned right through, pain and all....women roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

I once had keys dropped from about fours stories. Hell of a throw, even more heck of scar...People thought I had a stigmata for a while laughing

Lana
Originally posted by AOR
Pssssh anesthetics? They just went on ahead and burned right through, pain and all....women roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

I once had keys dropped from about fours stories. Hell of a throw, even more heck of scar...People thought I had a stigmata for a while laughing

They were pulling the nail off of and stitching up a broken finger with the bone having been broken clear through stick out tongue that by itself ****ing hurt like hell.

Damn laughing out loud

AOR
They were pulling the nail off of and stitching up a broken finger with the bone having been broken clear through stick out tongue that by itself ****ing hurt like hell.

Damn laughing out loud

mhm pssh

And you want to know the best part? No anesthetics stick out tongue

Lana
Yeck stick out tongue

Well, I'm tired, hand is starting to hurt, and the drugs are kicking in, so I'm gonna go crash stick out tongue

AOR
Yeck stick out tongue

Well, I'm tired, hand is starting to hurt, and the drugs are kicking in, so I'm gonna go crash stick out tongue

wave well don't break another finger ermm

Penelope
I will never forget the time that my finger was also slammed in a door sad
I thought i was gonna die.

fini
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy LANA

i got a kindred spirit
this happened to me last year
my fingers

Somehow i dont think yours were as bad, but I can assure you that your finger will be kinda usable in 2 months. At what part exactly did it break? Mines, the bone got pulverized so i need surgery still to completely fix it.

The nail will grow back, mines has and looks perfectly fine.

But girl that pain, it will get much more manageble with pain medication. After the first 2-3 days, pain killers helped a whole lot. But its after the first cleaning, where the nurse squeezed and pulled on it , after that the pain never went away fully for a couple of weeks.
Dont want to scare you, but thats what happened to me.

I was sooooooooo high on drugs , sometimes i was slurring my words and still that didn't take away the pain.

BUt it gets better, THAT I CAN ASSURE YOU.

fini

OMG , i couldn't sleep after i came home from the ER, cause of the pain when the anesthetic was wearing off, so I emailed people, talked to people online, all while typing with my right hand. I can still type kinda fast with just my right hand up to this day, lol

ITs something to do, lol

Lana
Originally posted by fini
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy LANA

i got a kindred spirit
this happened to me last year
my fingers

Somehow i dont think yours were as bad, but I can assure you that your finger will be kinda usable in 2 months. At what part exactly did it break? Mines, the bone got pulverized so i need surgery still to completely fix it.

The nail will grow back, mines has and looks perfectly fine.

But girl that pain, it will get much more manageble with pain medication. After the first 2-3 days, pain killers helped a whole lot. But its after the first cleaning, where the nurse squeezed and pulled on it , after that the pain never went away fully for a couple of weeks.
Dont want to scare you, but thats what happened to me.

I was sooooooooo high on drugs , sometimes i was slurring my words and still that didn't take away the pain.

BUt it gets better, THAT I CAN ASSURE YOU.

Oooh, OUCH messed

How mine broke is the bone is split down the middle at the tip, and then goes off to the side; they x-rayed it again yesterday and I got to see the x-rays. It looks like this. So while it's a clean break, it's also a pretty nasty one.

Trying to figure out how to do everything one-handed is interesting, though. I woke up this morning and the anesthetic from yesterday finally completely wore off and it was like "oh shit this hurts" so I was trying to get my medicine bottles open (no one else was awake) so that was interesting.

I'm scheduled for lots of checkups to make sure everything heals properly (and the specialist doctor's anesthetic is sooooo much better than the ER's, the nurse was squeezing my finger hard to see if it was numb and I felt nothing) so I'm confident that everything will heal fine, just it's gonna take a long damn time.

I just want the pain to go away a bit, though. The painkillers help but it still hurts a lot, and I've been having trouble sleeping because I'll hit my hand on something on accident which will hurt and wake me up.

amity75
My nail came off once and it was very reminiscent of Jeff Goldblum in "The Fly". sick

fini
ohhhh, thats an interesting break. Also where did you get stitches exactly

OMG, u can sleep, thats great, lol, I could bare sleep, not cause of pain so much. Mostly because i was very tentative about the finger. After the first week they took of the heavy bandage and i only had guaze on it, so that essentially meant that the stitches were all that held my finger together. So i used to sleep very very lightly, plus i had my hand wrapped up in a smal blanket and had it proped up on another pillow. I hardly move when i sleep,

But for you try wrapping the hand in a thick sweater or something, it will cushion the hand.

OMG using one hand is a *****. The worst. THAT damned bra holy crap. lol . I could not use my left hand at all because of the pain, but I had to bare down just to hold one side to clip it. But for the next two weeks, i wore sports bras, lol, nothing to clip. Bathing and washing my hair was quite interesting too, lol. You could PM me to hear bout that oddessy.

Lana
Haha, I haven't even tried putting a bra on yet (I was in pajamas when it happened and I've just pretty much stayed in pajamas)...definitely not going to be fun trying to take a shower and stuff though!

I've got stitches around where my nail was, when the door smashed my finger, part of the nail was pushed into the skin and cut it up pretty badly, it was bleeding all over the place.

I'll try wrapping up my hand in a blanket or something while I sleep, that sounds like a good idea.

TheKingofKINGS!
No Bra? shifty

fini
lucky you, I can't even think bout not going without a bra, breasts too big dammit.
I was in the ER at 8pm and didn't reach home till 3am and i was still in work clothes. I had to figure out some kinda support to wear in order to go to the drugstore in a few hrs.

But try those spandex thingys, I had a tube top thingy, that worked PERFECTLY

OOO tip for a shower, a good poof ( or whatever you call them), one hand can work up a pretty good lather and thats enough to bathe with. LOL I'm in the tropics, SO i had to find a way to bathe, pretty fast

That first bath and change of clothes took over 45 mins. Phew

Hey you got more pics? lol, I never bothered posting mines, unless anyone wants to see.

Lana
I smashed my hand at 7:30am, it was still early and I'd just gotten up. The ER was empty when I got there so I was back home by 11:30am laughing out loud I usually never go braless except at night but...just don't have the energy to deal with it. I've got a few tanktops with built in bras so I'll just wear those under my normal clothes for now, I think laughing out loud

Trying to wash my hair will probably be the most annoying part of trying to shower, I think.

I don't have any other pics, but I'm tempted to bring my camera to my next appointment so I can take a pic of what my finger looks like unwrapped, even though it's really gross looking laughing out loud

fini
LOL, I wished i had told my brother to bring the camera to the ER, woulda have gotten some good pics, lol

the pic I took 10 days later looked real bad, middle finger, half was black due to the blood clot, fingers were swollen, etc etc , lol

Get pics, hehe

Lord Paradise

Wheee, pic! The hole at the base of my middle finger is where they stabbed me for the anesthetic shot. I have a smaller matching hole on the palm of my hand as well...which is a really painful place for a shot. Pic, whee!

Still painful-looking though sick

Penelope
Originally posted by amity75
My nail came off once and it was very reminiscent of Jeff Goldblum in "The Fly". sick

Eww, i hated that movie. sick

Vinny Valentine
Can we get a picture?

D-Double

Sorry bout your bum digit, princess. sad

It could have been worse though. Have you seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? sick

Quiero Mota
I broke my right middle finger when I was about 12. I was trying to catch a football and it ran directly into the finger and the second digital joint completely popped out of place.

fini
Owwwww

How's the hand today Lana?

Eternal Turmoil
Well Lana, that sucks, but imagine how the door feels. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I got my forehead trapped in a door hinge at my fourth birthday party .. got stitches and now have a Harry Potter scar to prove it.

And then when I was six I fell out of bed, my right front tooth got thrust up into my gum and the other one was hanging by a thread, and then I got anaestetic which apparently 'could've killed me'.

Luckily though, I can't remember any of these incidents, but I'm sure you won't forget very soon.

Good luck with you healing. smile

PandoraMomo
La, I saw this in todays Trib, and I couldnt stop laughing.

*hides from ineveitable flying shoes*

fini
aaawwwwwwwwww

Lana
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Can we get a picture?

I'm not allowed to remove the bandages or splint, so you'll have to make do with the ones I've posted stick out tongue

Originally posted by D-Double
Sorry bout your bum digit, princess. sad

It could have been worse though. Have you seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? sick

Haha, no stick out tongue

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I broke my right middle finger when I was about 12. I was trying to catch a football and it ran directly into the finger and the second digital joint completely popped out of place.

I did that when I was in middle school, except it was my left ring finger. And I broke my left pinky playing tennis when I was 11.

Originally posted by fini
Owwwww

How's the hand today Lana?

Woke me up around 8 hurting a hell of a lot, I took some painkillers and fell back to sleep for about 3 hours. It's not too bad right now.

Originally posted by Eternal Turmoil
Well Lana, that sucks, but imagine how the door feels. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I got my forehead trapped in a door hinge at my fourth birthday party .. got stitches and now have a Harry Potter scar to prove it.

And then when I was six I fell out of bed, my right front tooth got thrust up into my gum and the other one was hanging by a thread, and then I got anaestetic which apparently 'could've killed me'.

Luckily though, I can't remember any of these incidents, but I'm sure you won't forget very soon.

Good luck with you healing. smile

...a door hinge? How is that possible?

La, I saw this in todays Trib, and I couldnt stop laughing.

*hides from ineveitable flying shoes*

*cringes*

Would you believe this is not the first time I've gotten my hand smashed in a door?

Though last time I was really little and it was my own stupidity that caused it.

This is also only the second time I've gotten stitches.

TheKingofKINGS!
I smashed my hand at 7:30am, it was still early and I'd just gotten up. The ER was empty when I got there so I was back home by 11:30am laughing out loud I usually never go braless except at night but...just don't have the energy to deal with it. I've got a few tanktops with built in bras so I'll just wear those under my normal clothes for now, I think laughing out loud

Trying to wash my hair will probably be the most annoying part of trying to shower, I think.

I don't have any other pics, but I'm tempted to bring my camera to my next appointment so I can take a pic of what my finger looks like unwrapped, even though it's really gross looking laughing out loud Built in bras? Awww. weep

LanceWindu
Oooh, OUCH messed

How mine broke is the bone is split down the middle at the tip, and then goes off to the side; they x-rayed it again yesterday and I got to see the x-rays. It looks like this. So while it's a clean break, it's also a pretty nasty one.

Trying to figure out how to do everything one-handed is interesting, though. I woke up this morning and the anesthetic from yesterday finally completely wore off and it was like "oh shit this hurts" so I was trying to get my medicine bottles open (no one else was awake) so that was interesting.

I'm scheduled for lots of checkups to make sure everything heals properly (and the specialist doctor's anesthetic is sooooo much better than the ER's, the nurse was squeezing my finger hard to see if it was numb and I felt nothing) so I'm confident that everything will heal fine, just it's gonna take a long damn time.

I just want the pain to go away a bit, though. The painkillers help but it still hurts a lot, and I've been having trouble sleeping because I'll hit my hand on something on accident which will hurt and wake me up. You'll get through it Lana, just think that there are much worse things to have broken. big grin

I've had my forearm, my clavicle (shoulder), my wrist, several fingers, and several toes all broken.

Lana
You'll get through it Lana, just think that there are much worse things to have broken. big grin

I've had my forearm, my clavicle (shoulder), my wrist, several fingers, and several toes all broken.

Damn laughing out loud

Worst part of this is that it's going to be a good 3 months before everything's healed - at least.

And I'm supposed to have another job interview this week. This better not **** it up.

Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Built in bras? Awww. weep

Haha stick out tongue

TheKingofKINGS!
Damn laughing out loud

Worst part of this is that it's going to be a good 3 months before everything's healed - at least.

And I'm supposed to have another job interview this week. This better not **** it up.

Haha stick out tongue And you ruined all my wet dreams stories. dodgy

amity75
Haha, I haven't even tried putting a bra on yet Need a hand? whistle

Lana
As I'm kinda short one...

laughing out loud

I'll figure out a way to manage stick out tongue

Commando Queen
I broke my finger last year it was so weird to type.. do you have to wear one of those stiff things?

Lana
A splint? Yeah. I've got a bunch of guaze bandages, the splint, then more bandages.

fini
How's the finger doing Lana??

Lana
Had a doctors appointment this morning, it looks nasty but they say it's healing well, it's not really been hurting the past few days, and next week I'm going to get it x-rayed again.

Impediment
Owie. Hope you're doing alright, and hope it heals up just dandy. I've broken my clavicle before, and that was some of the most intense pain I've ever felt. How, exactly, did you slam your hand in the door?

~Rad~

****, that sounds painful. The description itself almost made ME pass out....Yup, very queasy person over here...shock

Lana
Originally posted by Impediment
Owie. Hope you're doing alright, and hope it heals up just dandy. I've broken my clavicle before, and that was some of the most intense pain I've ever felt. How, exactly, did you slam your hand in the door?

I was arguing with my sister. She tried slamming my door shut. My hand was on the door.

****ing ow.

Jack of Blades
Hmm well did you give your sister a good kick in the ass for that?

Lana
*pokes thread*

Well, update on my lovely injury.

The break in the bone is just about completely healed, I haven't had to wear the splint on my finger for a week now.

The nail is still healing and growing in, and I still keep my finger bandaged most of the time to protect it while it's doing that...plus it's just really disgusting looking. Heh.

But it's mostly healed now, it's just going to look really ugly while the nail grows back completely. So yay.

fini
wow, that was fast, lol

sorry cant offer any tips on the nail regrowing though, hehe. But by the end of the year, you'll have a whole nail, i think, lol.

Council#13
*pokes thread*

The break in the bone is just about completely healed, I haven't had to wear the splint on my finger for a week now.

The nail is still healing and growing in, and I still keep my finger bandaged most of the time to protect it while it's doing that...plus it's just really disgusting looking. Heh.

But it's mostly healed now, it's just going to look really ugly while the nail grows back completely. So yay.

petpet

Piggle Humsy
*pokes thread*

Glad you're on the mend Lana. smile

Now show us some gruesome pics... ermmmouth

ermmkiss

Lana
I don't know where my camera is (I think my sister stole it) else I would ermm

Kongu Dude
I don't know where my camera is (I think my sister stole it) else I would ermm
That happens to me all the time. ermm

InnerRise
I don't know where my camera is (I think my sister stole it) else I would ermm I hope your sister keeps the camera then until you finger heals. shock

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Lana
laughing out loud it's not THAT bad looking...just I don't feel like looking at it constantly stick out tongue

Kongu Dude
laughing out loud it's not THAT bad looking...just I don't feel like looking at it constantly stick out tongue
I see your point. stick out tongue

BlackSunshine
cool. happy

PandoraMomo
Lana, you still have to show me the finger.
Oh, and I still owe you some fake nails

fini
hmmm, does the nail look like how mine did??

FoxMeister
you can draw on your hand well smile

Kongu Dude
Yes she can. no expression

fini
yeah, its one of my side jobs( i do mehendi)

HEYYYY Lana, i guess everything is fine now with the finger??? well besides the nail.

Damien B
I had my wrist shattered and I didnt even know it I had no pain until I went to the dr and had to get a x ray for my ring finger it was jammed and she said you know your wrist is all messed up I said no and she said its shattered.it was pretty bad ass.DMB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.