favorite war movie. poll.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
i know theres already a vote going on, but i thought id make it an official poll. so here you go.

BackFire349
if your favorite isnt listed, just write it in.

Pinky
GOD DAMN IT!!!That signature of yours makes me have nightmares at night!!!I hope you are happy! sad
Anyhow i voted Braveheart.

mah
I voted Apocalypse Now!

Ushgarak
Knackers, that's a tough one. SPR, cruel as it may be, loses out because Band of Brothers is superior, but I can't vote for that as it is not a film.

FMJ is good but not what I immediately think of with war films- if it is there then Officer and a Gentleman probably should be as well.

Bridge too Far is tempting...

But to be honest, I'd probably be choosing between Thin Red Line or The Longest Day (the latter, if nothing else, due to its VERY enlightened even-handed portrayal of every single side in it, something you don't get much these days. Sadly, after seeing SPR and the like, the site of people quietly falling over with no visible damage when shot no longer rings true).

Billy The Kid
hmmz....I voted SPR.....you could have added The bridge over Kwai though.

Thomas H
what about adding movies which have actually been a sucsess and gotten Oscars like, Patten and Black hawk Down?
Anyway, I go for black hawk Down!
and how can you take hamburger hill on that list? it sucks!

Corran
I voted FMJ just for the "This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun." chant, that still amuses me after all these years, I think it will never cease to be amusing.

BackFire349
actually, if you know anything about the vietnam war, you would know that hamburger hill is arguably one of th emost realistic movies about tha twar.

Thomas H
it was nothing special!

Fire
okie where the hell is the longest day?

Fire
well I think a few other war movies aren't in this poll as well, my all time favorit war movie will still be the longest day, shows a very good capture of that day from a lot of view points, tho sadly enough on the visual effect the movie blows, but what do u want it was an original black and white

Black Hawk Down wasn't bad tho there are some things in it I don't really believe. same goes for we were soldiers
tho both movies show how shitty war can be even if u have the best weapons and techonology terrain can be and will always be a very huge factory in the chance of winning the war or battle

Thomas H
what dont you belive in BHD fire? tell me, and I will check it out!

BackFire349
what do you care what fire believes?

Thomas H
I am interessted in what he though did not seem to be ok, I have heard so many things about war movies, people think things are wrong but they seem always to have wrong themselfs, the things they though where bull actually happen, so fire comon!

BackFire349
yes, many of the things in war movies did happen in some way, shape or form, but the vast majority are very exagerated and glorified.

Thomas H
yep thats right, many things are glorifyed, but that aint what I am talking about, lets have an exampel, when Delta Sergant Martin Grizz (kim Coates) got blow in two pices, a lot of people said, yea like he ever could speak after beeing blown in two..but to tell the thruth, he lived for 2 hours afterwoods!thats just one of the situations!
For them who dont know what movie I am reffering to..its Black Hawk Down!

Fire
u want it here it is, at the end when they leave by foot walkin' to the stadion they are followed by a lot of somali rebels if I remember correctionly and they are still fired upon, once they reach the hill and see the stadion the rebels stop shooting and turn around and walk away. it could be that it really happened like that, tho it seems unlikely

Thomas H
well, you are wrong, they all ran, one got wounded, and the rebels stop shooting, no body knows why, some people say it was a direct order from farrah aidid himself, to let them be alone.! This is actually 100% right, if you dont believe me, by the documentery! I have seen it, I have read the book and seen the movie...so trust me...'
Anything else you might think dont make scense!.....

Fire
well if u say so I guess it's true, still doesn't make much sense. But u seem to feel a personal attack, I only gave my opinion on the movie and the scenes I said they looked fake I never said they were fake

Thomas H
if thats how you think it is i am sorry, no meaning to bash you what so ever..anyway..I can promis you that this scene was true! On my grandmother grave!

BackFire349
who cares guys, let it go. just cuz a scene is real or not, doesnt have any effect on whether or not someone will like a movie or not.

Fire
that's true, tho too much of unrealistic crap can make a movie into a flop

Thomas H
BHD grossed 108$ in the US only (wich is superb for a winter movie) so I guess that you are not reffering to BHD as a flop...and btw 2 oscars it also won hehe

Fire
no I wasn't refering to BHD

Thomas H
ok, im just making my self sure.......smile

Fire
lol, man u're obsessed with tha movie, don't turn into sabrea with her hayden thing

jayride
FMJ has to be it. I mean if you've ever been through basic training at one of the harder forts, you'd understand that stuff like that really does happen to the fat kid. Did I torture him that much? Nooo...only held him down while some other guys teabagged him.

Thomas H
nothing to worry about, i can controlle this situation, and stop dising Sabrea! There are a lot of obsessed people here!just look at the sw fans

Fire
yea could be, she was just the exampl at hand at the given time, it was nothing personal

Thomas H
smile

Fire
trust me thomas u'll notice when I'm gettin' personal

Patient_Leech
Hmm... I've never heard of a lot of those. And some of them I wouldn't necessarily classify as "Action." But out of that list the choice was easy: Full Metal Jacket is one of my all-time favorite films. Effing amazing.

Kazenji
Spot the odd one out on that list........braveheart.

Patient_Leech
Oh, whoops.. I read it as "Action" for some reason.. but it's "war." My vote still stands, though. Full Metal Jacket all the way. Braveheart is also an excellent choice.

Kazenji
Surprised its not platoon for you since Dafoe is also in that movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Surprised its not platoon for you since Dafoe is also in that movie.

Yeah, strange huh? But Kubrick has the power to trump Dafoe.. he's that epic. I liked Platoon, too. I actually just bought Platoon the other day... for that very reason. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but anything with Dafoe is worth owning in my book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.