Improve Torrent download speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Of Evil
I am downloading an 8 Gb bit torrent file using azureus.
I would like to know how I could speed up my downloading.
It is currently at an average of 20-25kb/s and an upload speed of average 20kb/s.My share ratio is 0.762

Is there a way in which I can speed up my downloading process?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
It is currently at an average of 20-25kb/s and an upload speed of average 20kb/s.My share ratio is 0.762

Definitely maybe....

vintageSW77

Ichigo66666
Close all programs. Leave it on for a few days.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Time Of Evil

Minimize your upload speed... that will definitely do it.

§P0oONY
Increase file priority and allow high bandwidth usage... That's what I do and most of my downloads get about 200KB/S. I don't use azureus though and my torrents generally have a tonne of seeds.

El_NINO

Fire
cause it might still work with Azureus

§P0oONY
Originally posted by El_NINO
So why give advice on something not azureus related? stick out tongue

What Fire said...

El_NINO
It wouldnt matter if you prioritize a file because you would still be getting the same download speed. Its all about how many people decide to download and how many people decide to share.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by El_NINO
It wouldnt matter if you prioritize a file because you would still be getting the same download speed. Its all about how many people decide to download and how many people decide to share.

I assume if it's an 8GB torrent that there may be numourous files, therefor increasing priority on the files that less seeds have can increase the torrents overall speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.