Best Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
I tried to put some of the best respect threads in the poll. I had to leave quite a few good ones out since the limit is 10.

Anyway....

1. The "best" respect thread.

2. Your favorite respect thread.

...two very different things. Usually I grade a respect thread not just by the sheer number of scans, but also how organized and useful it is.

My favorite: Spider-Man (obvious bias)

Best thread: For my money, it's Spawn.

cool

Lucid Lui
Bah!

Favorite: Aquaman, of course.

Best: Alpha Flight.

Scoobless
I'd be between Deadpool and Spider-Man (mainly because I contributed quite a few scans to each)

Other than those, I rarely look through respect threads

willRules
Namor respect thread is full of soooo many feats it's incredible eek!

Validus
Namor

Blair Wind
Favorite: Iceman*, Captain Atom*, Black Adam*, Crystal of the Inhumans*, Flash, and Kyle......big grin

Best: From KMC posters? Alpha Flight, Namor, and Spawn
From non KMC posters? Flash and Kyle

*duh, they are mine

Scoobless
Looks like DC has been spreading the cash around again

juggernaut66666
Favorite:Parallax/Ion,Spider-man
Best:Namor

batdude123
Superman

snoopdogg
Supermans is the best I have seen.

Big Sexy
The best I have seen is Spawns respect thread. Over 130 issues posted.

Soljer
Either Spawn, Spider-man, or the Lanterns.

Deadpool's respect thread is my favorite though. Half of the scans aren't feats, they are just hilarious shit Deadpool said.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Soljer
Either Spawn, Spider-man, or the Lanterns.

Deadpool's respect thread is my favorite though. Half of the scans aren't feats, they are just hilarious shit Deadpool said.

There's just so much to choose from:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9605/scan0019ch8.th.jpg

Maestro
My personal favourite is the Hulks, but the Best has to be Spawns, so much work went into that, and Urizen scanned majority of the issues, not only the 'feat' scans.

capt it up
alpha flight is easilyi one of the best and it all becuase of one man mangi

Maestro
Longpig gets a special mention by the way, seeing that how he enlightened us all about Dr Strange thumb up Nice one fella.

jumpmann
I thought the Wonder Woman respect thread was the most well done one. I was never fond of any of these characters but seeing some of WW's feat made me into a fan of her character and I actually went out and got a couple of trades from her books. Namor's is cluttered with like thousands of repititive and old feets and some of the others are more of less the same. Wonder Woman's may not of had the best scans but what was there was far superior(in my mind) to that of any other RT.

Ethereal
I already knew Dr Strange was great sad

inamilist
that green goblin one was amazing wink

for real i like the alpha flight and namor ones, specifically because they showcase a more obscure character or group, and they are extensive and fairly well organized...

Scoobless
Rhino!

stick out tongue

Psyquis52
Favorite: Deadpool. Nothing's better than an I Pod with some tape as a weapon. He has some of the funniest writing.

Best: I lean towards Alpha Flight. It's nice to be on a forum that doesn't consider Alpha Flight to be a cheap version of the Avengers or X Men. They deserve the respect they get here.

long pig
I demand more votes!

I mean c'mon, before Dr.Strange's respect thread, he was losing to friggin' Hulk and Supergirl in the vs forum. Two days after the respect thread and he was fighting King Thor...BITCHES!

Also, I'm the one who started respect threads! ME MEMEMEMEM! What about MMEEEE?

I voted for Namor..

bigbran
Best: Spawn.

Favorite: Hmmmm.....Deadpool, or Silver Surfer.

Tha C-Master
Spawn/Namor...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Scoobless
Looks like DC has been spreading the cash around again

shifty

Anyway, my favorite is Namor, duh. And it's also the longest Respect Thread in internet, so that has to give it some points...yes

Best one in term of content has to be Spawn, though...close second is Alpha Flight. Then my own. I could make Chronology type one, like Spawn to make as long in terms of content, or I could have a team of many characters like Alpha Flight.

Eh, my site will have pages worth of content anyway. Found a way to get infinite amount of text to fit in one page, so I can write as much stuff as I want. Namor's history is only halfway finished, and it's already this long. big grin
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8624/webskl8.png

Lucid Lui
Bloody hell. That'll either be one the most extensive bios on the net, or a huge amount of incoherent fanboy blathering. stick out tongue

Really looking forward to the site though DC, Namor needs better internet representation than he has now.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, it will be one of the most extensive biographies ever dedicated to one character, I think. Although that doesn't have his powers included, just history. His powers are elaborated better on another section. The history section currently has about 90+ pages of comics of different points of Namor's life, so it's kind of picture loaded too. smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Eh, my site will have pages worth of content anyway. Found a way to get infinite amount of text to fit in one page, so I can write as much stuff as I want. Namor's history is only halfway finished, and it's already this long. big grin
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8624/webskl8.png

Do you want someone to give you a hand with the grammar?

Accel
Favorite: Daredevil and Hercules

Best: Spawn, Namor and Alpha Flight.

Some honorable mentions: Aquaman, Dr. Strange, and Nightwing

DarkCrawler
Do you want someone to give you a hand with the grammar? I use grammar checker, but it doesn't pick up the mistakes from everywhere.

Draco69
Best: Flash, Green Lantern, Namor, Alpha Flight, Aquaman, Wonder Woman.

These people all sorely needed respect on th forums (especially Alpha Flight...) so they deserve the title of "best".

DigiMark007
Originally posted by long pig
I demand more votes!

I mean c'mon, before Dr.Strange's respect thread, he was losing to friggin' Hulk and Supergirl in the vs forum. Two days after the respect thread and he was fighting King Thor...BITCHES!

Also, I'm the one who started respect threads! ME MEMEMEMEM! What about MMEEEE?

I voted for Namor..

Not to rain on the parade, but the Hulk respect thread was the first one created on KMC, not Strange.

stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Hooray my work has not been in vain making the AF respect thread smile

capt it up
Originally posted by King_Mungi
yes

Draco69
Originally posted by King_Mungi

I still think that Alpha Flight would lose to the Teen Titans...

shifty

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Draco69

shifty

Depends on what members you pick for each team.

sexyking
Without a doubt the best respect thread is the Ion respect thread.

Grimm22
Alpha Flight and Namor's respect threads are the best

Although the Dr. Doom respect thread needs some work shifty

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by sexyking
Without a doubt the best respect thread is the Ion respect thread.
Happy Dance smokin'

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69

shifty

Or Manbearpig .... shifty

bigbran
Originally posted by Grimm22

Although the Dr. Doom respect thread needs some work shifty Dr Doom?

Accel
Or Manbearpig .... shifty
For serial?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Accel
For serial?

Super serial!

wolvertooth
i think that wolverines respect thread is the best around here

Scoobless
Originally posted by wolvertooth
i think that wolverines respect thread is the best around here

Shocking ... stick out tongue

Grimm22
Shocking ... stick out tongue

Indeed! evil face

galan7777777
I'd say the Zoom Respect Thread i made is very informative and fairly well put together....... but to pick on that isnt mine id say it would be the beyonder respect thread

long pig
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not to rain on the parade, but the Hulk respect thread was the first one created on KMC, not Strange.

stick out tongue
I thought it was the Absorbing Man.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by long pig
I thought it was the Absorbing Man.

Both were early, but the Hulk thread was hiding in the now-deleted Hulk forum for a long time, so not everyone knew about it until the Respek craze had taken hold in this forum.

DigiMark007
Probably should have added Ion/Parallax to the list on the poll, but it didn't make it since I just browsed through it today.

Anyway, it's as good as most on there, but a few on the poll are still far and away the most epic of the respect threads (Namor, AF, Spawn, etc.)

And I'm not surprised the Herc thread doesn't have votes. It's long been the best kept secret of the respect threads.

Ultraman Baltan
Links?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Links?

*slaps forhead*

Yeah, they're in the directories that's at the top of this forum. The link to the directory is also under my signature (the Marvel one anyway, which then has the link to the DC/Indy one).

juggernaut66666
Probably should have added Ion/Parallax to the list on the poll, but it didn't make it since I just browsed through it today.

Anyway, it's as good as most on there, but a few on the poll are still far and away the most epic of the respect threads (Namor, AF, Spawn, etc.)

And I'm not surprised the Herc thread doesn't have votes. It's long been the best kept secret of the respect threads.
Happy Dance cool Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Links?
Under my sig

HigH ScholaR
FAVOURITE: Silver Surfer

Best: Hulk

Maestro
*Waits for a 'Worst Respect Thread'*

evil face

Scarlet315
u have to check out the parallax/ion respect thread...really nice

inamilist

i just checked it out

damn well done

KharmaDog
Mungi is the King of all respect threads.

All hail the king!!
king

MightyEInherjar
I like how the Namor and Hulk threads are layed out, easy to find things.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.