Magmar vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mesirus
ok Magmar is a pokemon constantly at the temperature of lava, so ryu is dead before he hits him, his extreme heat also provides decent protection to any ranged attack

if you need me to explain Ryu's powers go to hell

no polls as their are too many SF fanboy's so its pointless

Remulous
So is this a thread basicly made to bash Ryu and his fans?

Mesirus
nope, its a bi*chy way of showing not all pokemon suck

IceJaw
Well said but what would magmar do if got hit by an allmighty hadoken? laughing out loud

Kaled
fire blast, more powerful than ryu puny powers ryu is disadvantaged in every aspect here, face it, he's toast.....literally

Remulous
Originally posted by Mesirus
nope, its a bi*chy way of showing not all pokemon suck Well o.k. We are all intitled to our own oppinion.You say SF sucks.I say pkm sucks and in my oppinion Ryu will kick his Ass while hes hog tied simply because i've never even seen a pkm especialy Magmar kill a human.I beileve Magmar is not capable.Ryu has been in far hotter spots than any pkm can ever produce.But that's my oppinion, so please try not to get so heated.I don't wanna argue, I just wanna debate.

IceJaw
Wild pokemon are highly capable of killing, genius erm

ESB -1138
Magmar would just burn Ryu till he dies. Heck if Magmar's heat makes a Charizard fall back I doubt Ryu would able to withstand it. And Magmar and Charizard went into lava.

Kaled
Originally posted by Remulous
Well o.k. We are all intitled to our own oppinion.You say SF sucks.I say pkm sucks and in my oppinion Ryu will kick his Ass while hes hog tied simply because i've never even seen a pkm especialy Magmar kill a human.I beileve Magmar is not capable.Ryu has been in far hotter spots than any pkm can ever produce.But that's my oppinion, so please try not to get so heated.I don't wanna argue, I just wanna debate.

simple physics magmar's body burns at the temperature of lava, ryu would actully melt if he gets within 20 feet of magmar

get it people this is a joke thread its to show you:
1) SF characters can die horrible, nasty deaths
2) most pokeman are actully very powerful, and because its a kids show that doesn't kill people every episode doesn't mean their not capable.

IceJaw
Good post thumb up

SpadeKing
Ryu beats the hell outta Ash and steals his pokeballs and throw them at magmar

no expression

IceJaw
laughing

Kaled
lol, pokemon contridicts itself there, if magmars that hot, he's impossible to catpure, and unlike squirtle you can hug him after every battle ^^

badacyborg
I say if a shinkuu hadoken hits magmar, magmar would take some serious damage...what happened to "shin" remy

Darkstorm Zero
Oh boy.... if this is what debating here on KMC has degenerated itself to, then I'm jumping ship over to Crossworlds...

Anyways, I'm not so sure Magmar's heat will affect Ryu as much as you think it would, Have a look at one of his attacks, the Shankunetsu Hadouken (The Red one). Translated roughly means "Scorching Heat Surge Fist". Rty can manipulate his Ki into heat based attacks, and can defend himself to said attacks accordingly. This isn't as oine sided as you may beleive...

But this is entirely pointless now, it's obvious that this is purely a spite thread, and other than my comments above, I will not drop my standards so low as to participate any further...

Swe_Bum
Why cant some people see Ryu lose!?!?! he CAN!!
he isn't a "god" like all Sf fanboys seems to think. mad

Kaled
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Oh boy.... if this is what debating here on KMC has degenerated itself to, then I'm jumping ship over to Crossworlds...

Anyways, I'm not so sure Magmar's heat will affect Ryu as much as you think it would, Have a look at one of his attacks, the Shankunetsu Hadouken (The Red one). Translated roughly means "Scorching Heat Surge Fist". Rty can manipulate his Ki into heat based attacks, and can defend himself to said attacks accordingly. This isn't as oine sided as you may beleive...

But this is entirely pointless now, it's obvious that this is purely a spite thread, and other than my comments above, I will not drop my standards so low as to participate any further...

Firstly, heat attacks would more than likely aid magmar, since he lives in molten lava, purely because i can't see ryu's attacks being hotter than that confused

Secondly he can attack with heat, can he resist it and i'm not talknig match stick fire here, this is lava heat, in REAL LIFE its not safe to be within 100m of it, or the heat coming off it can damage your skin, nevermind about hitting it erm

Thirdy good stay on your cloud in fairyland where ryu contols time and space and all beings worship him no expression last thing we need is more SF fanboys

meanwhile on earth....

Tha C-Master
Magmar can't kill team rocket laughing

Anyways like I said about these silly pokemon matches, they don't go right into the human world. I play the games, they only KO. I watch the shows they only ko (except with very rare exceptions), yes they are powerful and I have all the pokemon, but if their evidence is simply koing, scorching, the humans in their world. How do they translate into uber-killers of death in the SF world? Sounds like a fanboy/hater wet dream.

Hoshi
well ,some guys say if ryu get 2 meters from magmar he will die , but pikachu(which i believe is a lot weaker than ryu) wasnt knocked down even when magmar hit him with his fire puch smokin' .
Ryu fought urien (who could dive in lava just like magmar) , and won , besides,urien is not a pocket monster who just follow orders, he is a class a martial artist. Ryus hadouken vs magmar fire blast ?? well , the strongest fire blast i ever saw from magmar destroyed a rock as big as a tree. Ryus strongest hadouken destroyed a building . Magmar strengh?he is able to lift big rocks , ryu trains lifting rocks twice as big like seen in his ending.I dont know what magmar really has against a guy like ryu

Remulous
Magmar wont survive a Shinshoryuken, plane and simple!If other WEAKER pkm can survive Magmars' flame and if Ash and other HUMANS can survive it with out even being K.O.ed, so can Ryu. As I said before, from the looks of things pkm are unable to kill humans.

Kaled
heheh fanboys, this was obviosuly a set-up thread to catch out fanboys, looks like it worked

IceJaw
yes

shin_remy
ohw we are fanboys..... uhg

shutupho!!!!!!!!!!

Hoshi
what is the definition of a fanboy???
someone who does anything to let his character win a batle , even lie.What us(considered by some sf haters fanboys ) did , we told them solid arguments and official stuff . YO , who is the fanboy now

Kaled
a fanboy is someone who ignore the logic of an arguement and denies the obvious facts. e.i. magmar would vapourise ryu

i'm a SF hater because of epopel such as yourself who can't seem to unstand ryu is and this is a keyword MORTAL he can die! and he does need superman to do it ok?? he has human weaknesses, e.i extreme heat, its not his fault its just the way it is, let this go people its really getting sad

Swe_Bum
Yeah erm

Blax X
. As I said before, from the looks of things pkm are unable to kill humans.

i figure I'm just going to ignore your posts on this subject, because I have already given proof multiple times that Pokemn can kill people.

In the first Pokemon movie, Mew-Two blew up an entire island, killing thousands of people, with one blast.

Professor oak tells Red and Ash that you ahd best have pokemon with you at all times when traveling, because Pokemon can seriously hurt, or kill you.

When Scyther and Electabuz fought each other the townspeople ran and hid for fear of getting killed by accidently during the battle due to Scyther and Electabuz's ferociety during battle.

It's very obvious that Pokemon can kill, and the nly reason why they don't show Team Rocket's flesh peeling off and there inards exploding outwards when they get blown up is because the show is meant for ages 10 and below. DBZ is emant for older children actually, and even then alot of Parents (Including mine) filed complaints saying that the show was too violent.

Kaled
actully this thread is funny, its obviously a joke, and you'v more than fell more it, your actully under the impression that ryu should win..... www.WTF.com ..... i mean seriously what is running through your head i wonder...... no expression a probe gone wrong??

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Kaled
Firstly, heat attacks would more than likely aid magmar, since he lives in molten lava, purely because i can't see ryu's attacks being hotter than that confused

No atrtack in PKM ever benefits another pokemon unless it's a healing technique, proof of this is Charizards fire based attacks forcing Magmar back... You lose

Secondly he can attack with heat, can he resist it and i'm not talknig match stick fire here, this is lava heat, in REAL LIFE its not safe to be within 100m of it, or the heat coming off it can damage your skin, nevermind about hitting it erm

You want to play real life scemantics here? alright... one Shinkuu Hadouken vapourises Magmar from a distance... you still lose.

Thirdy good stay on your cloud in fairyland where ryu contols time and space and all beings worship him no expression last thing we need is more SF fanboys

meanwhile on earth....

Are you stupid? I never said Ryu wins, I game my oppinion and why, you and your friends made this thread out of spite, your the one with your head in the clouds trying to piss on everybody with this stupid thread, now I have been away for a week, I dunno whats happened here on KMC to cause such ill thought out shit as this, I only stated my oppinion, and you start jerking your cock from your happy delusion land right at me.

I want to know, why did you just attack me, and what the hell has happened here on KMC to cause all this nonsense?

Kaled
No atrtack in PKM ever benefits another pokemon unless it's a healing technique, proof of this is Charizards fire based attacks forcing Magmar back... You lose

other way round i believe, the point still stand i can't remeber Ryu calling on his fire to be hotter than lava, you got a link that'd be great.

You want to play real life scemantics here? alright... one Shinkuu Hadouken vapourises Magmar from a distance... you still lose. pikachus electrical attacks didn't affect magmar, whats to say Ryu's will, plus in terms of power of energy i think Magmars fire blast would be more powerful than Ryu's but thats a ugess, too hard to tell

Are you stupid? I never said Ryu wins, I game my oppinion and why, you and your friends made this thread out of spite, your the one with your head in the clouds trying to piss on everybody with this stupid thread, now I have been away for a week, I dunno whats happened here on KMC to cause such ill thought out shit as this, I only stated my oppinion, and you start jerking your cock from your happy delusion land right at me. because thats mature, i didn't start this, but i know the guy who did in real lfie, its because all the SF fanboys need putting down to size its beyond belief they think this is even a match.

I want to know, why did you just attack me, and what the hell has happened here on KMC to cause all this nonsense? SF Fanboys got to someone no expression they must be stopped

Darkstorm Zero
other way round i believe, the point still stand i can't remeber Ryu calling on his fire to be hotter than lava, you got a link that'd be great.

The Shankunetsu Hadouken is a Ki energy attack designed to heat uo whatever it hits to inhuman levels of temperature, but unlike Akuma's variant of the technique, he will not kill with it

The link to that Exerpt is Here

pikachus electrical attacks didn't affect magmar, whats to say Ryu's will, plus in terms of power of energy i think Magmars fire blast would be more powerful than Ryu's but thats a ugess, too hard to tell.

Ryu's energy is not electricity.... it is Ki energy, focused and launched from the hands... Pikachu's electricals attack is essentially just a souped up Electric Eel theory. Ryu has displayed enough power to level buildings with the basic hadouken, more than anything I've seen Magmar do, even with the Fire Blast

because thats mature, i didn't start this, but i know the guy who did in real lfie, its because all the SF fanboys need putting down to size its beyond belief they think this is even a match.

It's mature to attack a person thats merely stating an oppinion?... And you deciding whats beyond beleif without providing proof of anything says more for you than it does about Remy and Remo... I'll admit to your face that Remy and Remo are overzelous and tend to overestimate Capcom games, but you've insulted me without provocation, and I don't like that at all...

SF Fanboys got to someone no expression they must be stopped

If you had a problem with Fanboys, you should stick to your guns and stay on them rather than attacking ANYONE with a divergent oppinion.

Kaled
...ok taking a de-tour i know but zaptos destroyed the flying base and pikachus electricity matched his... so sort not disimilar.

i can't remeber what it is now, but i beleive they did mention a effect of the heat means energy is transformed or somethink, so even that has a lil doubt in it.

ugh, the idea that pokemon can't kill instantly tells me they hate pokemon, becuase thats a ridicoulous statemnt to make, its like say "this kitchen knife can't cut human flesh because i haven't seen it do it" werid way of translating but whatever, when you said pokemon can't kill. i wrongfully assumed, for that i'm sorry.

.....yeah but they tend to make socks >_>

Darkstorm Zero
...ok taking a de-tour i know but zaptos destroyed the flying base and pikachus electricity matched his... so sort not disimilar.

*Shrugs* The basic hadouken leveled a building... but imagine a Hadouken with 5 times the oomf, bigger, meaner and just slightly more menacing, and you'll grasp the Shinkuu Hadouken

i can't remeber what it is now, but i beleive they did mention a effect of the heat means energy is transformed or somethink, so even that has a lil doubt in it.

It depends on the type of energy transferrance... since Hadou is essentially Life energy, it's hard to quantify...

ugh, the idea that pokemon can't kill instantly tells me they hate pokemon, becuase thats a ridicoulous statemnt to make, its like say "this kitchen knife can't cut human flesh because i haven't seen it do it" werid way of translating but whatever, when you said pokemon can't kill. i wrongfully assumed, for that i'm sorry.

I certainly didn't say that pokemon couldn't kill... Hell man if PKM had an M, MA or R ratings, you'd be seeing Humans dropping like flies... humans are definitely on the bottom of the food chain in that reguard...

BUT, Ryu is no normal human, and I think these arguments would do well to remember all the facts before claiming vicory for any side...

Anyways, apollogy accepted dude.

.....yeah but they tend to make socks >_>

Then you must unleash..... the almighty Sock Cannon! big grin

Kaled
thx for the apology accepting

anyway i thionk i working it out, ryu find this strange pokemon and laughs at it because it looks like he's got boobs on his head, magmar blushes (someone you can tell) and jumping in the volcano)

lol i must invent the sock destroyer......wait that already out, what do they called it? washing machine eh?

Darkstorm Zero
Lol, now thats amusing... stick out tongue

I'll admit this though... in full combat, if Magmar gets in flose, Ryu would be killed if the Pokemon brought his heat levels up to that level. In close combat (Usually Ryu's forte), Magmar wins, there is no question. However, at a distance, I beleive that Ryu's Ki attacks (Especially those huge beams) would win the day for him. Thats my opinnion in a nutshell.

Kaled
Lol, now thats amusing... stick out tongue

I'll admit this though... in full combat, if Magmar gets in flose, Ryu would be killed if the Pokemon brought his heat levels up to that level. In close combat (Usually Ryu's forte), Magmar wins, there is no question. However, at a distance, I beleive that Ryu's Ki attacks (Especially those huge beams) would win the day for him. Thats my opinnion in a nutshell.

perhaps the only thing is IF magmar body supposedly burns at 1200oC why didn't ash have pikachu barbeque?

Tha C-Master
I'm getting a bit tired with the fanboy talk here. In the previous threads I haven't given an opinion on who would win, but the haters around here are getting back like they were in old 2005. erm

Are people aware of the different versions of SF?

heheh fanboys, this was obviosuly a set-up thread to catch out fanboys, looks like it worked You have pikachu in your avatar, so did you catch yourself? roll eyes (sarcastic) No I don't always have sf in my avatar and sig, so don't go there.

a fanboy is someone who ignore the logic of an arguement and denies the obvious facts. e.i. magmar would vapourise ryu Let's look at this big contradiction. Your statement basically says.

"How could those sf'ers compare their characters to pokemon, they're so UNNNNNNNNNNDERATED...."

What's your facts, that he can project heat? So can various other characters like Dhalsim and Gill and guess what? They're much better fighters.

i'm a SF hater because of epopel such as yourself who can't seem to unstand ryu is and this is a keyword MORTAL heM can die! and he does need superman to do it ok?? he has human weaknesses, e.i extreme heat, its not his fault its just the way it is, let this go people its really getting sad You mean like Team Rocket?

Originally posted by Blax X
i figure I'm just going to ignore your posts on this subject, because I have already given proof multiple times that Pokemn can kill people.

In the first Pokemon movie, Mew-Two blew up an entire island, killing thousands of people, with one blast.

Professor oak tells Red and Ash that you ahd best have pokemon with you at all times when traveling, because Pokemon can seriously hurt, or kill you.

When Scyther and Electabuz fought each other the townspeople ran and hid for fear of getting killed by accidently during the battle due to Scyther and Electabuz's ferociety during battle.

It's very obvious that Pokemon can kill, and the nly reason why they don't show Team Rocket's flesh peeling off and there inards exploding outwards when they get blown up is because the show is meant for ages 10 and below. DBZ is emant for older children actually, and even then alot of Parents (Including mine) filed complaints saying that the show was too violent. Mewtwo has been covered, the rest are RARE exceptions. There are too many shows with violence. It's no different than Spiderman not killing, he can do it but all matches are in character. Don't get me wrong on the power, they can... (in instances) but they simply don't.

Forum rules are in character but at best potential, which is why I agreed with Mewtwo. There are different tier Pokemon with different tier SF'ers. I know you aren't a main offender, but this is all silly.

Blax X
Mewtwo has been covered, the rest are RARE exceptions.

Including what Prof. Oak said about needing to have a pokemon with you at ALL times, because you can be hurt or killed by a wild pokemeon? oak is talking about ALL wild pokemon, meaning that it is quiet possible that you can get killed from any pokemon.

There are too many shows with violence. It's no different than Spiderman not killing, he can do it but all matches are in character. Don't get me wrong on the power, they can... (in instances) but they simply don't.

So, what are you saying, really? That magmar would prehaps hesitate to attack because Ryu for fear of killing him? Besides, the only pokemon we really see are tame, trained, and restrained pokemon. We don't know what a completely unheld back wild pokemon will do to anybody, mew-Two being the only exception and, well... I don't need to repeat msyelf as you've already heard it like, four times smile

Forum rules are in character but at best potential, which is why I agreed with Mewtwo. There are different tier Pokemon with different tier SF'ers. I know you aren't a main offender, but this is all silly.

As for the rest of this... I'm not sure what you're saying here, because I'm stupid. But I would just like to say here, and now, that I am not an SF hater at all. I love the games, I love the characters, and I love there moves. matter o' fact I've voted that the SF gang would win when fighting against virtually every other major fighting game characters, I make Mortal Kombat an exception, too many gods and immortal bastards. This is just one of those threads were the SF crew are otugunned. Too many pokemon with too destructive of powers.

Kaled
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I'm getting a bit tired with the fanboy talk here. In the previous threads I haven't given an opinion on who would win, but the haters around here are getting back like they were in old 2005. erm

Are people aware of the different versions of SF?

You have pikachu in your avatar, so did you catch yourself? roll eyes (sarcastic) No I don't always have sf in my avatar and sig, so don't go there.

Let's look at this big contradiction. Your statement basically says.

"How could those sf'ers compare their characters to pokemon, they're so UNNNNNNNNNNDERATED...."

What's your facts, that he can project heat? So can various other characters like Dhalsim and Gill and guess what? They're much better fighters.

You mean like Team Rocket?

Mewtwo has been covered, the rest are RARE exceptions. There are too many shows with violence. It's no different than Spiderman not killing, he can do it but all matches are in character. Don't get me wrong on the power, they can... (in instances) but they simply don't.

hehe you still don't got it

Tha C-Master
Including what Prof. Oak said about needing to have a pokemon with you at ALL times, because you can be hurt or killed by a wild pokemeon? oak is talking about ALL wild pokemon, meaning that it is quiet possible that you can get killed from any pokemon.
I agree that pokemon are powerful, no doubt there, but the flux with Pokemon is that trained Pokemon are significantly stronger than their wild counterparts. That Pokemon raised with love and care (lol), are much more effective, this was even shown in the game with their respective levels. I understand the pretext that it's a child's show, but the ones that were trained were usually less likely to kill but also stronger. The thing was that these attacks were capable of knocking out in most cases, unless you go to obvious guys like Dragonite, Garados and whatnot.

So, what are you saying, really? That magmar would prehaps hesitate to attack because Ryu for fear of killing him? Besides, the only pokemon we really see are tame, trained, and restrained pokemon. We don't know what a completely unheld back wild pokemon will do to anybody, mew-Two being the only exception and, well... I don't need to repeat msyelf as you've already heard it like, four times smile

Covered above and not quite true, particularly with the older episodes. Many pokemon were seen in the wild as we well know. My point is if they only ko in their world, how can we accurately guage what they translate into in another?

As for the rest of this... I'm not sure what you're saying here, because I'm stupid. But I would just like to say here, and now, that I am not an SF hater at all. I love the games, I love the characters, and I love there moves. matter o' fact I've voted that the SF gang would win when fighting against virtually every other major fighting game characters, I make Mortal Kombat an exception, too many gods and immortal bastards. This is just one of those threads were the SF crew are otugunned. Too many pokemon with too destructive of powers. In the entire pokemon series vs SF series I understand, their are different tiers of Pokemon, the thing is that most Pokemon wouldn't prove a threat unless they are higher tier pokemon or obviously legendary. The thing with SF is that there are sooo many different forms of media and power settings, you have mountain breaking power in one, and comet smashing power in another. Besides the bosses are usually MUCH more powerful than the rest of the cast.

Mewtwo can beat about 98% of SF, but Akuma and other legends can handle about 90 or so percent of the pokemon. I don't think you hate sf, that was aimed towards others. (that know who they are)

hehe you still don't got it It seems you- nevermind, I'm not even going to bother.

Blax X
Alright I get what your saying. We've both made our points, lol.

shin_remy
respect each other and accept each other opinions. and not calling each other fanboys or noobs or something. soo childish....

Remulous

It's very obvious that Pokemon can kill, and the nly reason why they don't show Team Rocket's flesh peeling off and there inards exploding outwards when they get blown up is because the show is meant for ages 10 and below. DBZ is emant for older children actually, and even then alot of Parents (Including mine) filed complaints saying that the show was too violent. How often do pkm actualy kill?I've seen team rocket get burned, electrified,brutalized,and blown up.They come back every episode.If they can take it,so can Ryu, most definently.HARDLY no one dies in pkm.If magmars flames are so hot why doesnt he burn every pkm to ashes in his fights.Also calm down,no need to argue,just debate.

Kaled
How often do pkm actualy kill?I've seen team rocket get burned, electrified,brutalized,and blown up.They come back every episode.If they can take it,so can Ryu, most definently.HARDLY no one dies in pkm.If magmars flames are so hot why doesnt he burn every pkm to ashes in his fights.Also calm down,no need to argue,just debate.

ok this is for all the time anyone brings up pokemon and killing:
its meant for a younger audience so they are NOT ALLOWED to kill, unless its a goodie and theres sad music etc. Rare exception in movies

magmars body burns atleast 1200oC more than enough to scorch Ryu to be fair, ryu's ranged attacks are gonna hurt Magmar, but ultimatly this battle is indeed magmars erm

Remulous
ok this is for all the time anyone brings up pokemon and killing:
its meant for a younger audience so they are NOT ALLOWED to kill, unless its a goodie and theres sad music etc. Rare exception in movies

magmars body burns atleast 1200oC more than enough to scorch Ryu to be fair, ryu's ranged attacks are gonna hurt Magmar, but ultimatly this battle is indeed magmars erm Who's fualt is it that it's a kids show.If the creators made it that pkm are BARELY able to kill people then that should be taken into acount.Just becuase your a fan and you beileve that its that hot doesnt mean its really that hot.Pikachu doesnt get melted by fire blast nor does any other pkm,so why should Ryu?Ryu has also been hit by much greater body destroying force than extreme heat.

Kaled
......i can see your mind is already made up, i will not waste my time on such a closed opinion

Remulous
......i can see your mind is already made up, i will not waste my time on such a closed opinion I feel the same and there's nothing wrong with that.Good debate! thumb up

Kaled
aye smile

Darkstorm Zero
Well, good thing the tension didn't come back in this thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.