Yet even more money for War...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RZA
I think it was the late Tupac Shakur who said it best, 'You know it's funny when it rains it pours, they got money for wars but can't feed poor!?' confused srug

PVS
its a money vaccume. not only that but this is the first financed war in american history. but screw it, by the time the bill comes, these corrupt old scumbags will be either long dead or too senile to understand how they ****ed us all over. GO DUBYA!!!

Robtard
Well, do you think under funding the war now will make it better? We can't pull out as it is now, might as well pay to make it better, even if it is a long shot.

RZA
^
Seems to me like they keep digging themselves into a bigger hole each and every time.

Can't pull out now, really? Well, that's for another topic but I'm sure there might be some that would disagree.

Continuing to throw money at it wont make it go away

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Robtard
Well, do you think under funding the war now will make it better? We can't pull out as it is now, might as well pay to make it better, even if it is a long shot.

Well technically they could pull out - the question is should they and the pros/cons of such an act.

PVS
the con: taliban - the sequel

yeah, we're stuck there....and thats based on the overly optimistic assumption that we'll have a choice, but i fear that in the end we will have no choice but to pull out and wait to reap what we sew.

Capt_Fantastic
Actually, what the passage of this bill indicates is the apathy for governing that is common practice for every member of the governing body, be they democrat or republican.

Robtard
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Well technically they could pull out - the question is should they and the pros/cons of such an act.

I wasn't arguing the physical possibility of pulling out obviously. Iraq is a sh!t hole as it is now, but there is progress being made. Leaving it now would be the wrong thing to do and would only result in another extremist theology being set up in the Middle East with another POS like Saddam taking control.

It's almost a lose/lose situation, but one lose is far worse. I do not have faith in the Bush Admin fixing it, I can only hope come 2008 the next admin doesn't have it's collective head up it's ass.

Robtard
Originally posted by RZA
^
Seems to me like they keep digging themselves into a bigger hole each and every time.

Can't pull out now, really? Well, that's for another topic but I'm sure there might be some that would disagree.

Continuing to throw money at it wont make it go away

Yes, it is a hole.

Not arguing the physical aspect of pulling out, argueing right/wrong side of it.

Not sayig money will make it go away, but cutting funding would be a guaranteed lose.

Fishy
Yes, it is a hole.

Not arguing the physical aspect of pulling out, argueing right/wrong side of it.

Not sayig money will make it go away, but cutting funding would be a guaranteed lose.

Well the real question you have to ask what are the benefits of staying and leaving, and if you stay what's the chance that you will stay until the end you desire happens. Staying for 10 more years and then retreating just costs you more money and more lives for the exact same result. Staying is the best thing to do, if there is a chance that this will actually work out in the end, but I doubt that, that chance excists. So cruel as it is for all those Iraqi's that supported the Americans and those that don't want a civil war retreating might be in the best interested of the United States.

Robtard
Originally posted by Fishy
Well the real question you have to ask what are the benefits of staying and leaving, and if you stay what's the chance that you will stay until the end you desire happens. Staying for 10 more years and then retreating just costs you more money and more lives for the exact same result. Staying is the best thing to do, if there is a chance that this will actually work out in the end, but I doubt that, that chance excists. So cruel as it is for all those Iraqi's that supported the Americans and those that don't want a civil war retreating might be in the best interested of the United States.

We have three fingers in the dam now, we can either keep investing fingers (money) and hope it holds or we can pull our fingers out and watch it all crumble as it surely will. I agree that both scenarios are not ideal, I am hoping that the next admins fingers aren't covered in butter.

PVS
with another POS like Saddam taking control.

so you still buy the line that hussein was a threat to us? in fact that his name pops up first in your mind instead of the taliban/bin laden?

redcaped
War cannot be stopped but it can be rejected from the moment you hear about it.

Fishy
We have three fingers in the dam now, we can either keep investing fingers (money) and hope it holds or we can pull our fingers out and watch it all crumble as it surely will. I agree that both scenarios are not ideal, I am hoping that the next admins fingers aren't covered in butter.

Even if you could put all ten of your fingers in the dam, more holes could still pop-up and then what would you do?

hardwoodman
I kind of like the fact that we have bases on both sides of Iran. And we are only spending 3 % of gnp as apposed to 7% in WWII and we actually lost more men on iwo jima in 2 weeks than weve lost in this whole war. But, you can always sit back and pick apart anything without offering a better solution. Of course I'm sure you believe that we can "talk" these assholes into not hating us for the freedom that we all hold so dear. And appease them into leaving us alone.

redcaped
They refuse to communicate. You cannot ask what exactly do they want for us to help the best way possible. I think they are ambitious and they know they want bad things...that explains their refusal.

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS
so you still buy the line that hussein was a threat to us? in fact that his name pops up first in your mind instead of the taliban/bin laden?

I said Saddam is a piece of shit... Not sure where you get your conclusions from.

Robtard
Originally posted by Fishy
Even if you could put all ten of your fingers in the dam, more holes could still pop-up and then what would you do?

Dude, I am not saying it can be fixed for certain, but bailing out now would guarantee failure, which part of that can't you understand? If you have the perfect plan that doesn't require money, I am all ears.

RocasAtoll
If this bill gives soldiers better protection, then let it be.

redcaped
What kind of protection?

RocasAtoll
Bradley repairs and body armour like it says in the article.

redcaped
Body Armor? wtv

RocasAtoll
Yes. Thank you for stating the obvious.

Fishy
Originally posted by hardwoodman
I kind of like the fact that we have bases on both sides of Iran. And we are only spending 3 % of gnp as apposed to 7% in WWII and we actually lost more men on iwo jima in 2 weeks than weve lost in this whole war. But, you can always sit back and pick apart anything without offering a better solution. Of course I'm sure you believe that we can "talk" these assholes into not hating us for the freedom that we all hold so dear. And appease them into leaving us alone.

But of course shooting them is helping, seeing as Terrorism is only the rise and America is hated more now then ever before.... So war is obviously the right thing to do here....

jaden101
just as a matter of curiosity...how much more is the war costing compared with peace time

you would think that the planes flying and dropping bombs during the war would be practicing flying and dropping bombs during peace...and that the soldiers would be practicing live firing and all the other sections of the military would be training...at the cost of billions of dollars anyway

RZA
^ No, the cost would most definitely not be the same.

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Actually, what the passage of this bill indicates is the apathy for governing that is common practice for every member of the governing body, be they democrat or republican.
I completely agree yes

Congrats to you for taking the time to actually read and comprehend the article while keeping yourself objective and not missing the actual point.

jaden101
i'm mot saying it would...but the 70billion being spent on the troops and war effort in Iraq and Afganistan would still be getting spent...there would still be the same number of troops getting paid...and not far off the same number of munitions being used...given that the miltary operations aren't as full scale as they were at the beginning of the war

sithsaber408

Just as I said in another thread, that is the true purpose of the war in Iraq:

To give us a friendly ally in that part of the world, along with Israel, to fight radical Islamic states.

Good job WHOB, you win the thread! thumb up

jaden101
mmm...ok

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Just as I said in another thread, that is the true purpose of the war in Iraq:

To give us a friendly ally in that part of the world, along with Israel, to fight radical Islamic states.

Good job WHOB, you win the thread! thumb up

So its purpose is to put puppet states and use them to invade countries which haven't done anything to us?

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
So its purpose is to put puppet states and use them to invade countries which haven't done anything to us?

Nazi Germany did nothing to us......

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Nazi Germany did nothing to us......

YOU KNOW NOTHING.

Germany declared war on us. Don't talk about things you don't know about.

Darth Kreiger
YOU KNOW NOTHING.

Germany declared war on us. Don't talk about things you don't know about.

Common mistake, but we declared war on them

RocasAtoll
Common mistake, but we declared war on them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WW2#War_becomes_global:_1941

LEARN.

Darth Kreiger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WW2#War_becomes_global:_1941

LEARN.

Despite using that as a source myself, it is an error, Germany didn't Officially Declare War, we did

RocasAtoll
Despite using that as a source myself, it is an error, Germany didn't Officially Declare War, we did

ARE YOU FVCKING SERIOUS!?!?!

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/wwii/gerdec41.htm

Yale says I'm right.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/timeline/germany-declares.htm

Historians agree with me.

Where's your proof?

Darth Macabre

Germany did declare war on U.S.A, it just happened to be after America did Japan.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Germany did declare war on U.S.A, it just happened to be after America did.

Wrong.

Darth Macabre
Wrong.

And how exactly am I wrong? America declared war against Japan on the 8th then against Germany and Italy on the 11th...Where am I wrong?

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
And how exactly am I wrong? America declared war against Japan on the 8th then against Germany and Italy on the 11th...Where am I wrong?

GERMANY declared war on America on the 11th.

RedAlertv2

You cant seriously compare WWII and the current war in Iraq.

Kinneary
How about the Vietnam War? The Korean War? The first Indochina War? The Iran-Iraq War? Sudanese War? What can we compare the current war to?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.