What if...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nogoodnamesleft
-The Vikings won the Battle of Stamford Bridge and completed their conquest of England?
-The Crusaders won the Crusades?
-The British won the Revolutionary War?

Also, medieval Europeans (in the time of the Crusades, but Europe's not exhausted from them) led by King Richard the Lionhearted VS the Huns led by Attila, and then (everybody's fresh in every battle) the medieval Europeans (also then led by Richard) VS the Mongols led by Genghis. Plus, the Huns (under Attila) VS the Mongols (under Genghis).

Edit: By "medieval Europeans" I mean England, the Holy Roman Empire (which I think included Germany at the time, but I'm not sure), France, and Austria, as well as everyone else who was on the Crusaders'/Europeans' side in the Crusades.

Also, IMO you shouldn't just claim that the Mongols are invincible because they're fighting Europeans in one of the conflicts I mentioned. Remember that King Richard once defeated Saladin and his men, and from what I read it was until that happened that there was a belief that Saladin was invincible.

Slyððering
Even if the Vikings won at Stamford Bridge, they might not have succeeded in "conquering" Britain, (although they eventually essentially did)....

Joker1237
Crusaders won the Crusades??

They won the first Crusade, but that was it. They were never able to get a strong hold in the middle east.

Lord Coal
The Vikings couldn't have won the Battle of Stamford Bridge. William was seriously ****ing clever and he knew exactly what he was doing when he made his plans with Harald Haldraade. And if by some miracle the Vikings had managed to defeat the Saxons under Harold Godwinson, their losses would have been great and their fatigue severe, and then to complete a conquest of England they would have had to fight William's Normans at some point, and that would have been absolutely impossible to win considering the condition the Vikings would end up in.

Fishy
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
The Vikings won the Battle of Stamford Bridge and completed their conquest of England?

England and France would likely have been a bit more peaceful, but after that it's just to hard to say really.

Christianity would have been the major religion in the world, or even larger then it is today. The Church would have had more power, and the kingdom of Jerusalem would still be one of the richest country's to date, especially if they would have managed to withstand the European threat, which I think is very possible. The oil and power they could have had would have been enormous. If it would existed today and in the same power as the idea's of the Crusades then it would likely have been the most powerful nation in the world.

England would have been the most powerful nation in the world probably. The US would not have existed or a later rebellion would have thrown the English out anyway. The idea of independence never stops to exist in lands that do not feel they need or like the governing body, and the Americans just didn't.

What?

If you want to ask us how a battle between the Western Crusading army's and the mongols would end then I would have to say I don't know.

The Mongols were fierce powerful smart light weight and fast, the HRE were not. The English would not have stood a chance either, throw in France and the other powers then you would still have an army of incredible might that did conquer more then any other Empire ever...

But I have no idea on how the two would fight, if however all the army's the Mongols would ever had would march to Europe then the Europeans wouldn't stand a chance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.