I'm Making A New Novel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultraman Baltan
Cool, huh?

masterkit
Yes... no expression

-Vanish-
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Cool, huh?

what's it about and then I'll decide if it's cool no expression

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by -Vanish-
what's it about and then I'll decide if it's cool no expression

I'm trying to keep it classified, so this is all I will tell you for now: It's all about choice. No "Chosen Ones" or "The Touch", but choice and a way of being.

Prabhodh
I'm trying to keep it classified, so this is all I will tell you for now: It's all about choice. No "Chosen Ones" or "The Touch", but choice and a way of being.

No chosen one.... I'm not reading it ermm

Itzak
Cool, huh?

How... droll. no expression

Captain REX
Rock operas are better.

-Vanish-

sounds good, I'm more of a horror novel/Stephen King guy but it sounds like a good topic for a novel.

Barker
Originally posted by Captain REX
Rock operas are better.
October Rock Operas are better. erm

undercoverninja
rocktober is better

Vinny Valentine
You couldn't write a novel even if Stephen King was your dad.

undercoverninja
ohhhhh buuurrrrrrnnnnnn.....okay ive had my fill no expression

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
You couldn't write a novel even if Stephen King was your dad.

That's funny. I'm laughing still. I'll probably laugh all the way to the bank once I'm finished my book.

So hey. I won. I'll make money(no matter how much) and you don't. Burn.

Ultraman Baltan
Oh, and writing a book isn't genetic, Mr. Brilliant. It's all in how you use your time. Thus, it would not matter whose son you are. It's if you put the effort into it.

lil bitchiness
Cool, huh?

Wait, wait. Don't you write a novel, not make it?

~Lord_Vezon~
no expression

Council#13
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Maybe he's actually making it. Someone else wrote it, but he makes it ermm Binding and stuff

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Writing it IS making it. You can't say it's a novel until you make it, one of the ways of making it is writing it.

Quiero Mota
Cool, huh?

What genre and what's the synopsis?

Council#13
Writing it IS making it. You can't say it's a novel until you make it, one of the ways of making it is writing it.

It's much more..... natural to say that you're writing one.

Bardock42
So...how did your last one do?

bogen
books are good big grin

Slay
Originally posted by bogen
books are good big grin
Your grammar isn't.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
What genre and what's the synopsis?

Genre's action/drama(if you count it as a book genre). I'm keeping the rest classified.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Bardock42
So...how did your last one do?

This is my very first one.

§P0oONY
That's funny. I'm laughing still. I'll probably laugh all the way to the bank once I'm finished my book.

So hey. I won. I'll make money(no matter how much) and you don't. Burn.

I highly doubt you'll make any money.... You know how hard it is to get a book published? You're chances are low. Especially if it's just a generic action title.

Slay

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Slay
Maybe it'll be like the Da Vinci Code. Shit, but with everybody thinking it's good.

Yeah, probably... I assume if you put something controversial about any religion in it, it will become a success.

Slay

Bardock42
Like The Tom Cruise Code? About Scientology... haha, I crack myself up.

Like...funny?

Ultraman Baltan

Slay
Like...funny?
Suck my bratwurst, baby.

Bardock42
Suck my bratwurst, baby.

I'm not gay.

Ultraman Baltan
Maybe it'll be like the Da Vinci Code. Shit, but with everybody thinking it's good.

Like Harry Potter?

Ultraman Baltan
Suck my bratwurst, baby.

You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Bardock42
If you were a human being, I would care.
Oh, and I've shown people who actually published books my introduction, and they absolutely loved it. One even said it may go pretty damn far.

Aww, aren't people cute when they are lying?

ADarksideJedi

Good titles.Let me know when you are finish with it.jm cool

Ultraman Baltan
Aww, aren't people cute when they are lying?

Yes, but I am not. My father actually tried publishing a book, so he gave me names of people to critique my book. Not publishers, but other writers.

§P0oONY
If you were a human being, I would care.
Oh, and I've shown people who actually published books my introduction, and they absolutely loved it. One even said it may go pretty damn far.

I bet you all the money I will ever have that you will not get this thing published.

Ultraman Baltan

Slay
I'm not gay.
Not like that. I just made my first bratwurst ever. ermm

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Good titles.Let me know when you are finish with it.jm cool

Right now I wanna think of a title. Hmmm..........
How 'bout Cloth or The Choice?

Slay
Right now I wanna think of a title. Hmmm..........
How 'bout Cloth or The Choice?
How about:

What to do when at gunpoint for Dummies? ermm

ADarksideJedi
I think there is a book aready out called that.jm reading laughing

Ultraman Baltan
How about:

What to do when at gunpoint for Dummies? ermm

.....Either that was random, or the absolute worst joke ever.

§P0oONY
I don't gamble with people who I normally don't pay attention to.

Looks like someone doesn't beleive their book will be a sucess.

ADarksideJedi
Title for a book.I think I like "The choice" for a title.jm

Slay
.....Either that was random, or the absolute worst joke ever.
What? With a title like that, people might believe your scam.

ADarksideJedi

§P0oONY
"How to stop terrorism for dummies"

Now that'd sell.

§P0oONY
Hey spoonly!You never know it maybe.jm smile

Trust me, I do know...

ADarksideJedi
Can you see into the future?jm wacko

§P0oONY
Can you see into the future?jm wacko

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423850

ADarksideJedi
And I am mary!jmpray

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
Woo!?

Slay

ADarksideJedi
See you guys later.jm

Ultraman Baltan
Actually, the money is not just for me, but because something may happen, and I hope that if I make enough I can stop a horrible ripple out of a choice that I do not wish to have.

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
Actually, the money is not just for me, but because something may happen, and I hope that if I make enough I can stop a horrible ripple out of a choice that I do not wish to have.

You might as well just skip the book idea and buy lottery tickets then... Just to increase your odds you know?

Ultraman Baltan

Ultraman Baltan
Bump.

Spartan005
You fail. no expression

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Spartan005
You fail. no expression

For what? Trying? Doing my best to uphold something I wish to show? You sicken me. Go back to your cave, troll.

~Lord_Vezon~
Nooooooooooooooo!

Spartan005
laughing I guarantee the reason you bumped this thread is to try and get back at all the people who made fun of you with these pathetic insults.

Calm down... god

Ultraman Baltan
laughing I guarantee the reason you bumped this thread is to try and get back at all the people who made fun of you with these pathetic insults.

Calm down... god

I bumped it so other people can have the chance to comment, creating a fair balance of opinion. You are pathetic in your attempts to harm me.

Spartan005
I bumped it so other people can have the chance to comment, creating a fair balance of opinion. You are pathetic in your attempts to harm me.

Ok, ok.... so whats the point of making a thread only to say that your making a book? Honestly who the **** cares if you don't even say anything about it. You just respond to every post with either an insult or by saing "its classified." What the f**k?

Ultraman Baltan
Ok, ok.... so whats the point of making a thread only to say that your making a book? Honestly who the **** cares if you don't even say anything about it. You just respond to every post with either an insult or by saing "its classified." What the f**k?

To peak interest, of course.

~Lord_Vezon~

Calm down... god

That's the truth. stick out tongue

Spartan005
K

Have fun with your book

Ultraman Baltan
I just sent Masterkit the major synopsis of the book, but I'll keep you guys guessing.

Ultraman Baltan
I just did more of Chapter 1. Jeez, it's going to be a pretty darn long chapter!

Damien B
I have plans my self to write a biography in my head but not on paper yet

H. S. 6
Bump.

laughing

You bumped your own thread about a book you're going to get published... but don't even have a chapter of finished yet. Amusing. laughing out loud

TheKingofKINGS!
I'm trying to keep it classified, so this is all I will tell you for now: It's all about choice. No "Chosen Ones" or "The Touch", but choice and a way of being. Been there, done that, almost got published, got the t-shirt.

Yawn.

-Vanish-
t-shirts are still cool though w00t

TheKingofKINGS!
t-shirts are still cool though w00t Yeah that's true.

it says "I wrote a 323 page novel about choices and love, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

(and potential publication)"

-Vanish-
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Yeah that's true.

it says "I wrote a 323 page novel about choices and love, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

(and potential publication)"

can I get one?

TheKingofKINGS!
can I get one? Nah. no expression

-Tired Hiker-
I think the title of your book should be, "The Graham Cracker Proxy."

TheKingofKINGS!
Mine's called "And the world goes 'round"

It's about a small time hollywood agent who must choose between love and money.

And it's not cliche!

-Vanish-
Nah. no expression

aww how come? sad

TheKingofKINGS!
aww how come? sad Because you asked.

The bible is wrong. Ask and it won't be given to you.

-Vanish-
Because you asked.

The bible is wrong. Ask and it won't be given to you.

I see, maybe I'll go write my own Bible. ermm

-Tired Hiker-
I'm preparing to write a screenplay called "A Dog Lover In Vegas", but I'm having trouble developing the second act. It may have to be a short film rather than a feature.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by H. S. 6
laughing

You bumped your own thread about a book you're going to get published... but don't even have a chapter of finished yet. Amusing. laughing out loud

Yet I wrote a five page outline on it. I'm pretty damn sure that gives it the right to be called "in the making", Mr. Brilliant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ultraman Baltan
Why are you guys so eager to ruin my inner compitence about writing? What is your problem? I am writing a novel, yet I'm being told over and over that it won't go anywhere. You never know. I'm writing it, so care or not, but NEVER say it's a waste of my time!

TheKingofKINGS!
Yet I wrote a five page outline on it. I'm pretty damn sure that gives it the right to be called "in the making", Mr. Brilliant. roll eyes (sarcastic) a five page outline is nothing compared to a "Publishment pending 323 page novel"

Ultraman Baltan
a five page outline is nothing compared to a "Publishment pending 323 page novel"

But it's step 1. That's why this thread says that I'm MAKING one.

Ultraman Baltan
I just finished writing Chapter 1. Man, this is pretty dark stuff.

ADarksideJedi
Good hope it goes good for you!jm "Remember a writter writes always!"

Strangelove
I just finished writing Chapter 1. Man, this is pretty dark stuff. What is the point of bookmarking your progress on this thread if you're not going to post a preview?

Oh right, there is no point. Because you fail.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Strangelove
What is the point of bookmarking your progress on this thread if you're not going to post a preview?

Yup yes Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Yet I wrote a five page outline on it. I'm pretty damn sure that gives it the right to be called "in the making", Mr. Brilliant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just shut up. no expression

TheKingofKINGS!

So hey. I won. I'll make money(no matter how much) and you don't. Burn. Judgeing by your constant tense changing in your posts, not even "Free publishings: We'll publish anything" would publish you.

TheKingofKINGS!
Good hope it goes good for you!jm "Remember a writter writes always!" Oh god....Throw Momma from the train....good movie....

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Strangelove
What is the point of bookmarking your progress on this thread if you're not going to post a preview?

Actually, I'm about to. That was to get you all going. Thus, you fail.

Ultraman Baltan
Good hope it goes good for you!jm "Remember a writter writes always!"

Thanks for the consent! big grin

Ultraman Baltan

Ultraman Baltan
This is a small piece from Chapter 1. It's not 100% major, but adds up to the first huge scene.

Barker
laughing out loud

Okay, now that you have the funny, joke intro to get us into it, post the real thing.

laughing out loud

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Barker
laughing out loud

Okay, now that you have the funny, joke intro to get us into it, post the real thing.

laughing out loud

..........down
Jeez, my English teacher, my dad's friend, my dad, and my friend all thought it was really well written.

Ultraman Baltan
I changed a part to it, but I can't edit it here now.

Ultraman Baltan

Ultraman Baltan
New part!

He SaT qutly on the stairs eatin his grape jely.
"What if i wanted to kill Bob?" he wondered. But, he didn't care too much as he sat down and ate more. "Idea!" he said. "I'll go save the world!"
He then ran of with his cape tied to his shirt and went to stopp Luth Lexor once and fur al.

Lana
I'm sorry, but so far it's really, really poor and absolutely nothing special.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Lana
I'm sorry, but so far it's really, really poor and absolutely nothing special.

no expression It was a part that I wrote leading to something, thus giving no value or spoiler to the story and maintains the novel a secret to those interested.

Ultraman Baltan
Oh, and whether you know it or not, that second part's a joke.

Lana
no expression It was a part that I wrote leading to something, thus giving no value or spoiler to the story and maintains the novel a secret to those interested.

But it also does nothing at all to really attract any attention or make someone think "I wonder what's next" and make them be interested in wanting to read more.

And please learn to use the edit button.

Ultraman Baltan
But it also does nothing at all to really attract any attention or make someone think "I wonder what's next" and make them be interested in wanting to read more.

And please learn to use the edit button.

I have the edit button and know how to use it, yet it seems you do not understand the process of how the developement of sneak peaking works. I do not mind you being interested or not until the book becomes a functional work, but this is just a tidbit of what is yet to come.

And it seems that you honestly believe the second part to be real when I clearly stated that it was merely a hoax.

TheKingofKINGS!
New part!

He SaT qutly on the stairs eatin his grape jely.
"What if i wanted to kill Bob?" he wondered. But, he didn't care too much as he sat down and ate more. "Idea!" he said. "I'll go save the world!"
He then ran of with his cape tied to his shirt and went to stopp Luth Lexor once and fur al. And you think this is going to be good......nonekok

Ultraman Baltan
And you think this is going to be good......nonekok

If you knew how to read, you would see where I said it was a joke.

TheKingofKINGS!
If you knew how to read, you would see where I said it was a joke. Yes, I'm aware. However, the first part wasn't even worthy of wiping my ass with.

Barker
If you knew how to read, you would see where I said it was a joke.
The ironic part is that your second post was more interesting than the first.

Lana
I have the edit button and know how to use it, yet it seems you do not understand the process of how the developement of sneak peaking works. I do not mind you being interested or not until the book becomes a functional work, but this is just a tidbit of what is yet to come.

And it seems that you honestly believe the second part to be real when I clearly stated that it was merely a hoax.

I know plenty about writing, thanks, but what does that have to do with your double-posting? Nothing.

And I did not believe the second part to be anything real. I'm talking about your first little 'sneak peak'. The whole point of a preview like that is to try and attract people's attention and get them interested in reading more, and your preview does not succeed in that.

Ultraman Baltan
Yes, I'm aware. However, the first part wasn't even worthy of wiping my ass with.

Even though I just said it had little relivence to the actual story and is merely a test to what and what not to put into my novel. My dear King Of Kings, you disappoint me.

TheKingofKINGS!
Even though I just said it had little relivence to the actual story and is merely a test to what and what not to put into my novel. My dear King Of Kings, you disappoint me. What to put in your novel: Good stuff.

What to not put in your novel: Anything you wrote.

no expression

Ultraman Baltan
I know plenty about writing, thanks, but what does that have to do with your double-posting? Nothing.

Double-posting? To keep up answering any questions or reply to anything that needs replying to such as your own post.

Lana
Double-posting? To keep up answering any questions or reply to anything that needs replying to such as your own post.

That's why it's called you edit your post. Not at all hard to do.

Ultraman Baltan
I am greatly surprised you people merely wanting to crush my spirit and make me feel bad about myself. I don't know why, but it shows more about you than it does me.
Besides, the money is not going specifically to me. Something may happen, and it is my duty to see to it that three friends of mine are helped(and possibly saved) through POSSIBLE profit from my book. Besides, it allows me to gain more grammar and writing experience, learn new words, and keep an open mind to new techniques.

TheKingofKINGS!
I am greatly surprised you people merely wanting to crush my spirit and make me feel bad about myself. I don't know why, but it shows more about you than it does me.
Besides, the money is not going specifically to me. Something may happen, and it is my duty to see to it that three friends of mine are helped(and possibly saved) through IMPOSSIBLE profit from my book. Besides, it allows me to gain more grammar and writing experience, learn new words, and keep an open mind to new techniques.
no expression

Ultraman Baltan
no expression

I love you too.

Ladyluck
You're making a new novel, eh? hmm

I could be wrong, but wouldn't it work a little better if you wrote it? hmm

Lana
Besides, the money is not going specifically to me. Something may happen, and it is my duty to see to it that three friends of mine are helped(and possibly saved) through POSSIBLE profit from my book. Besides, it allows me to gain more grammar and writing experience, learn new words, and keep an open mind to new techniques.

I'm being seriously honest, in saying that it is VERY hard to get any sort of work published.

Barker
I am greatly surprised you people merely wanting to crush my spirit and make me feel bad about myself.
Not that you don't bring it upon yourself by trying to own everyone every three posts.

Ultraman Baltan
I'm being seriously honest, in saying that it is VERY hard to get any sort of work published.

But there's always hope, no matter how slim.

TheKingofKINGS!
I love you too. Gay erm

Ultraman Baltan
Not that you don't bring it upon yourself by trying to own everyone every three posts.

But I didn't. Never wanted to, and never tried. no expression

Ultraman Baltan
Gay erm

This is coming from the guy who made the Penis thread.

TheKingofKINGS!
But there's always hope, no matter how slim. Not with you there isn't.

Barker
But I didn't. Never wanted to, and never tried. no expression
You just did.

TheKingofKINGS!
This is coming from the guy who made the Penis thread. This coming from a guy who's making the worst "novel"(It's porbablly more acurate for me to call it toilet paper) ever, and can't understand what a joke is. no expression

Ultraman Baltan
Not with you there isn't.

Until you read the entire book(which I am on Chapter 5 right now), you are in no position to say that. For example: Dark Lord, I thought, was terrible for the first fifty pages. But as I held onto reading it, it soon became one of the most entertaining books I have read this year(best book I read this year, though, was either Island Of Dr. Moreau or Animal Farm).

Ultraman Baltan
This coming from a guy who's making the worst "novel"(It's porbablly more acurate for me to call it toilet paper) ever, and can't understand what a joke is. no expression

Yet you only read a segment that may not even BE in the the book. no expression Also, that has nothing to do with being gay.

Ultraman Baltan
You just did.

That was reply, not a burn.

TheKingofKINGS!
Until you read the entire book(which I am on Chapter 5 right now), you are in no position to say that. For example: Dark Lord, I thought, was terrible for the first fifty pages. But as I held onto reading it, it soon became one of the most entertaining books I have read this year(best book I read this year, though, was either Island Of Dr. Moreau or Animal Farm). If you wrote 5 chapters in less than 4 days, the book will most definately suck.Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Yet you only read a segment that may not even BE in the the book. no expression Also, that has nothing to do with being gay. I can tell from your style that it'll be horrible at best. Also, I wasn't saying anything about gay. However, you're just a dumbass.....

Ultraman Baltan
If you wrote 5 chapters in less than 4 days, the book will most definately suck.

Not if I put the time and effort into it and spent hours on it it doesn't.

Scottie
Yet you only read a segment that may not even BE in the the book. Then why post a segment of a book you hope will make you money for us to judge if its not even going to make the final cut?

Spartan005
Baltan, I'm being completely honest with you when I say this...
that preview sucked. Seriously, it was the most random shit I've ever read in my life... "Then he suddenly pulled out a grenade with a semi automatic handgun" What the f**k? At no point did it even slightly catch my attention, and most of the time I was actually laughing because it sucked so much.

Listen to Lana.... That will never get published. Sorry dude...

Ultraman Baltan
Also, I wasn't saying anything about gay.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Ladyluck
You're making a new novel, eh? hmm

I could be wrong, but wouldn't it work a little better if you wrote it? hmm

Doing my best to. Wish me luck. big grin
I love writing, so considering the issues coming up in my life, I figured that I could my love for epics and typing to good use.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Scottie
Then why post a segment of a book you hope will make you money for us to judge if its not even going to make the final cut?

To see whether or not to put it into the book.

Scottie
To see whether or not to put it into the book. by the reviews your getting i would say no...no way hosay no2

Ultraman Baltan
by the reviews your getting i would say no...no way hosay no2

Duh.

Spartan005
To see whether or not to put it into the book.

NO, infact never... just stop writing the book now.

Ultraman Baltan
Baltan, I'm being completely honest with you when I say this...
that preview sucked. Seriously, it was the most random shit I've ever read in my life... "Then he suddenly pulled out a grenade with a semi automatic handgun" What the f**k? At no point did it even slightly catch my attention, and most of the time I was actually laughing because it sucked so much.

Listen to Lana.... That will never get published. Sorry dude...

You're always there just to make me feel, bad Spartan. You never are positive, and are always exited to bash my work. I normally don't do this, but *presses Ignore Button*.

Scottie

Ultraman Baltan
its a bit random and not very gripping

Because I did not give you what happens before that that leads to the whole action itself. no expression

Spartan005
Baltan, I'm not trying to bash you... but you have to understand that that will not get published. I've had friends who have written some of the most incredible stories going over 400 pages... but theirs didn't get published either. Its great that your sticking with something that you enjoy doing, but seriously it is not working out.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>