characters that should be writen more powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hank_mccoy
hi i thought to open a thread about characters that you think should be writen more powerful that you just think that they get no respect

i think that beast really needs to get more respect from the writers , for his entire carrer he always gets pawned so they gave him some upgrade and he still gets pawned , they thought that if they will give him a nice fight against danger it will change something but it doesnt and i am sick and tired of the disrespect he gets from the writers
i am not saying that he should be like thu hulk or namor but atleast throw him some wins that he should take due to his great speed and amazing agilety and his super human strength , at least show some sign that he has super human strength

also i really dont like the juggernaut thing, he was a bad ass and one of the best villians why the hell did you have to make him weaker? just so he will fit the good guys? he can be good and still be the juggernaut *****

juggernaut66666
Wolverine shifty

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Wolverine shifty

You beat me to it sad

hank_mccoy
ye wolverine really gets disrespect from the writers, how dare they do show him to be able just to cut tanos and not killing him right away? same with namor whistle

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by hank_mccoy
ye wolverine really gets disrespect from the writers, how dare they do show him to be able just to cut tanos and not killing him right away? same with namor whistle

Are you stupid??????????????

Wolverine is not written to his potential.

juggernaut66666
That was depowered Wolverine no expression

hank_mccoy
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Are you stupid??????????????

Wolverine is not written to his potential.

you are right

his full potential should be cutting all the cosmics and stabing them all to death, he can destroy planets with his claws because the are very sharp.... end hi haz hiwing faktur

Sub_Mariner
you are right

his full potential should be cutting all the cosmics and stabing them all to death, he can destroy planets with his claws because the are very sharp.... end hi haz hiwing faktur

You are the biggest n00b ever.

Wolverine can take on LT.

V for Valentine
This is absolutely pathetic. And unfunny. no expression

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by V for Valentine
This is absolutely pathetic. And unfunny. no expression

Shut up. no expression

hank_mccoy
You are the biggest n00b ever.

Wolverine can take on LT.

i never said he cant ... arrr you noob wolverine is class 200 and he can take out .... even the one who we dont speak off confused ... he can take out the DEER!!!!!!! eek!

Sub_Mariner
To not destroy the thread, i would like to see Beast written better.

V for Valentine
No, no expression Get off the band-wagon. These "jokes" are too tedious, no doubt they've been said in countless other threads. its pathetic.

Probably Wonderman, he's very under-rated and could hand alot of A-listers there ass. (ie Mortal Hulk, Thing etc.)
And Colossus, terribly under-rated especially when he should be right up there IMO

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by V for Valentine
No, no expression Get off the band-wagon. These "jokes" are too tedious, no doubt they've been said in countless other threads. its pathetic.

Probably Wonderman, he's very under-rated and could hand alot of A-listers there ass. (ie Mortal Hulk, Thing etc.)
And Colossus, terribly under-rated especially when he should be right up there IMO

Have abit of Fun FFS. sad

V for Valentine
It would be fun, if it hadnt been done thousands of times and raped into submission. When most of the people who make these jokes prior to coming to KMC probably liked Wolverine, now are haters. no expression

Nick Fury, he's badass and should be able to hand Logan and Cap there asses. And hes argueably the most powerful and connected human on the planet.

Thing, he used to hang with Hulk and Thor but now hes not even in the same class IMO. He can still fight them but he definetly loses, he needs to be written stronger for him to take his rightful place on the tier back.

R.O.T. Yahman

Id like to clarify the point there is no real connection between a characters powerlevel and how well written they are.

Some Suggestions :

The Thing, The Sentry, The Martian Manhunter, Gladiator, The Surfer, Darksieed, Firestorm even Ultimate Thor (among many others)

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Id like to clarify the point there is no real connection between a characters powerlevel and how well written they are.

Yes, but when written better, they could make him more powerful.

R.O.T. Yahman
Yes, but when written better, they could make him more powerful.

I disagree, finding a suitable powerlevel for particular stories and keeping it consisstent, with pseudo comic physics and story telling is more important IMO. Intiative and creative use of powers is also more imporatant, Id rather have Superman reading books shrunk down to minature writing, than have him move the Sun.

Sub_Mariner
I disagree, finding a suitable powerlevel for particular stories and keeping it consisstent, with pseudo comic physics and story telling is more important IMO. Intiative and creative use of powers is also more imporatant, Id rather have Superman reading books shrunk down to minature writing, than have him move the Sun.

I'm not getting into it, IMO-Writers can change the power levels of characters as easy as breathing.

R.O.T. Yahman
I'm not getting into it, IMO-Writers can change the power levels of characters as easy as breathing.

Im not suggesting they can't, infact they regularly do, but Good writers tend to be consistent. For example Waids depiction of the Thing, Morissons Superman, Geoff Johns Flash, Bendis's DareDevil, JMS Hyperion etc.

Sub_Mariner
Im not suggesting they can't, infact they regularly do, but Good writers tend to be consistent. For example Waids depiction of the Thing, Morissons Superman, Geoff Johns Flash, Bendis's DareDevil, JMS Hyperion etc.

Then we don't disagree, alls i was trying to say is Writers can put Wolverine at LT Level and we can't do anything about it.

hank_mccoy

Some Suggestions :

The Thing, The Sentry, The Martian Manhunter, Gladiator, The Surfer, Darksieed, Firestorm even Ultimate Thor (among many others)

well sometimes it has to do alot with it, when they show beast gets his ass kicked all the time thats bad writing, when he just started as ape beast he was able to beat iron man and yes even gave the juggernaut a good fight, but now he gets upgrades on upgrades and still he gets his ass kicked all the time , thats already bad writing , its a fact that he is very agile but then again he is always the first x-men to be ko by someones punch , he got super human strength and yet they never show him to be strong , so yes i say his powers are a very very bad writing

R.O.T. Yahman
Then we don't disagree, alls i was trying to say is Writers can put Wolverine at LT Level and we can't do anything about it.

Wolverine examples are both tedious an unoriginal, I wish someone would unstopp the 'KMC Stuck Wolverine record'

R.O.T. Yahman
well sometimes it has to do alot with it, when they show beast gets his ass kicked all the time thats bad writing, when he just started as ape beast he was able to beat iron man

Ehhhhhh ?????????? confused

and yes even gave the juggernaut a good fight,

Its ironic that you provided these two 'apparent' events as examples of 'Good writing'. wink

hank_mccoy
Ehhhhhh ?????????? confused

Its ironic that you provided these two 'apparent' events as examples of 'Good writing'. wink

what makes you think that it was bad writing? yes the part when beast kicked juggernaut ass is stupid i admit, but when he kicked iron mans ass why not? how do you even know how beast is suppose to be? he is very agile and we say that iron man got problems with fast and agile characters such as taskmaster and captain america , and beast has super human strength , i just wanted to point out that at the beginning of his Carrier he started as a bad ass and alittle after that they decided that his ass should be kicked all the time

Mindship
Silver Surfer should be written more powerfully so, once and for all, he kicks Thor's arse ( stick out tongue j/k).

V for Valentine
Wolverine examples are both tedious an unoriginal, I wish someone would unstopp the 'KMC Stuck Wolverine record'

I hole heartedly agree. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
what makes you think that it was bad writing? yes the part when beast kicked juggernaut ass is stupid i admit, but when he kicked iron mans ass why not? how do you even know how beast is suppose to be? he is very agile and we say that iron man got problems with fast and agile characters such as taskmaster and captain america , and beast has super human strength , i just wanted to point out that at the beginning of his Carrier he started as a bad ass and alittle after that they decided that his ass should be kicked all the time

OK so you are saying that we should throw out all Logic and say Beast can beat Iron man because

'the beginning of his Carrier he started as a bad ass'

Nice One ! smile

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Mindship
Silver Surfer should be written more powerfully so, once and for all, he kicks Thor's arse ( stick out tongue j/k).

Agreed .... In-fact I think Surfer should be restored to one of Marvels most powerful characters. There are too many 'All powerful Ambiguous Comic types' in marvel that don't have anywhere near the charm or originality of the Surfer.

hank_mccoy
OK so you are saying that we should throw out all Logic and say Beast can beat Iron man because

Nice One ! smile

first of all i meant at the beginning of his ape form he began as a bad ass for very very little time , and about iron man would you tell me why beast cant take iron man? iron man gets real trouble fighting characters that are faster then him , we even saw humans beating him with pipes and it took him some time to react, i know iron man has amazing feats but again beast is very fast and agile and it will be very hard for iron man to hit him , beast can just jump and avoid his attacks and in the right moment strike, a kick a punch grab iron man and slam him into a wall , and again its your logic that iron man is too much for beast now i don't say that beast will owen ironman every time they fight and in most times ironman will beat beast but beast got a chance to take him as well and if you look at beast features of his speed and agility you will see that it will be not an easy task for ironman

now tell me please what makes you think that ironman is so superior to a well written beast that will use all his feats

R.O.T. Yahman
first of all i meant at the beginning of his ape form he began as a bad ass for very very little time , and about iron man would you tell me why beast cant take iron man? iron man gets real trouble fighting characters that are faster then him , we even saw humans beating him with pipes and it took him some time to react, i know iron man has amazing feats but again beast is very fast and agile and it will be very hard for iron man to hit him , beast can just jump and avoid his attacks and in the right moment strike, a kick a punch grab iron man and slam him into a wall , and again its your logic that iron man is too much for beast now i don't say that beast will owen ironman every time they fight and in most times ironman will beat beast but beast got a chance to take him as well and if you look at beast features of his speed and agility you will see that it will be not an easy task for ironman

now tell me please what makes you think that ironman is so superior to a well written beast that will use all his feats

Mate you need to catch up ... Current Extermis Iron Man is one of the fastest characters around, he no longer gets beaten up by the Taskmaster, look what he did to Cap in the recent Civil War fight.

hank_mccoy
Mate you need to catch up ... Current Extermis Iron Man is one of the fastest characters around, he no longer gets beaten up by the Taskmaster, look what he did to Cap in the recent Civil War fight.

no no no, i am not talking about the current one, i am talking about the one that beast kicked his ass in the amazing adventures, you said that its unreal for beast to take on him and i asked you why is that so i am talking about that fight , i bet you never saw that fight even

R.O.T. Yahman
no no no, i am not talking about the current one, i am talking about the one that beast kicked his ass in the amazing adventures, you said that its unreal for beast to take on him and i asked you why is that so i am talking about that fight , i bet you never saw that fight even

Ok what ever have your 'victory', im bored of this retarded debate. Its like endlessly argueing that Spiderman couldn't beat FireLord.

hank_mccoy
then you got nothing to say about the reason why shouldnt beast take out ironman back in the days when he looked like a can?

hank_mccoy
i never meant to debate in the first place i just wanted to point that when beast just got his blue ape form he began as a bad ass for some short time but right on they show him as a punching bag and thats my point that they don't use his full potential, i almost never saw a fight where he showes his great agility , but when he is training or just doing something else they always show his great speed and agility but when he fights someone its like he loses all his feats and thats what makes me mad about the writers

Big Sexy
Agreed .... In-fact I think Surfer should be restored to one of Marvels most powerful characters. There are too many 'All powerful Ambiguous Comic types' in marvel that don't have anywhere near the charm or originality of the Surfer. I agree. The Surfer needs something drastic to happen to him. When hes not trying to save the universe, hes always lonely and just a wanderer

juggernaut66666
Darkseid needs to stop losing to superman

R.O.T. Yahman
i never meant to debate in the first place i just wanted to point that when beast just got his blue ape form he began as a bad ass for some short time but right on they show him as a punching bag and thats my point that they don't use his full potential, i almost never saw a fight where he showes his great agility , but when he is training or just doing something else they always show his great speed and agility but when he fights someone its like he loses all his feats and thats what makes me mad about the writers

And my original point was that Over the top displays of power doesnt necessarily mean good writing. You have emulated my point. Although i haven't read the comic, but Beats beating Iron Man (Who has always been one of Marvel premier characters) doesn't seem to me like good writing.

hank_mccoy
And my original point was that Over the top displays of power doesn't necessarily mean good writing. You have emulated my point. Although i haven't read the comic, but Beats beating Iron Man (Who has always been one of Marvel premier characters) doesn't seem to me like good writing.

when i talk about writing i see most of that part as how the characters are fighting

thats the problem, when you think about beast you always think about the fights that he lost, you always think about all the times he got his ass kicked but thats not how he suppose to be, when he just got his ape form they wanted to show a point, he gave juggernaut a beating, he beat the crap out of ironman , they wanted to say that he is a power house now, but after that they said wait a minute... we already got a powerhouse which is colossus, and a mad animal like character which is wolverine, then lets make beast the smart guy instead of another powerhouse like hulk , buy the way beast was fighting hulk too at his firs appearances at ape form and he gave hulk some beating as well , anyway they said why do we need another powerhouse? we got juggernaut hulk thing namor colossus blob act act lets make beast original , and i really like it really but still even if he is a smart guy it doesn't need to change the fact that he got other feats too, so you see when you say its impossible for beast to win against ironman don't look at the beast that always lose but think about his potential , all his agility all his speed all his super strength , he should take ironman more then you think if the writers will remember that beast is agile enough to actually dodge punches

Big Sexy
when i talk about writing i see most of that part as how the characters are fighting

thats the problem, when you think about beast you always think about the fights that he lost, you always think about all the times he got his ass kicked but thats not how he suppose to be, when he just got his ape form they wanted to show a point, he gave juggernaut a beating, he beat the crap out of ironman , they wanted to say that he is a power house now, but after that they said wait a minute... we already got a powerhouse which is colossus, and a mad animal like character which is wolverine, then lets make beast the smart guy instead of another powerhouse like hulk , buy the way beast was fighting hulk too at his firs appearances at ape form and he gave hulk some beating as well , anyway they said why do we need another powerhouse? we got juggernaut hulk thing namor colossus blob act act lets make beast original , and i really like it really but still even if he is a smart guy it doesn't need to change the fact that he got other feats too, so you see when you say its impossible for beast to win against ironman don't look at the beast that always lose but think about his potential , all his agility all his speed all his super strength , he should take ironman more then you think if the writers will remember that beast is agile enough to actually dodge punches Iron Mans class 100 with superspeed and agility from the suit. Beast would have no chance.

hank_mccoy
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Iron Mans class 100 with superspeed and agility from the suit. Beast would have no chance.

again i am talking about the fight that beast had against ironman in the amazing adventures in the early 70s or 60s dont remember

as far as i remember ironman never showed great agility .. maybe speed of flight but he never was too fast maybe just the current one, ironman always had trouble with fast characters that made him look stupid, and beast is very very agile so he could humiliate ironman because no way ironman could deal with his agility only if he gets him randomly , again beast got super human strength also enough to pick ironman and throw him into a wall or kick and punch him do make some damage not major but enough to fight him

all that said i really dont want to make it beast vs ironman thread i just wanted it to be a thread when you can point the characters that you think should be written with better feats of strength and fighting abilities

Brutacus

badabing
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Wolverine shifty
shocking

jawdrop

cursing

ranting

R.O.T. Yahman

ankur29
sentry

gladiator

hulk

spiderman

rhino?

they should be written better and more powerful

Jyppe
Galactus, and some lanters.. I'll take chips with that.

Black Adam
99% of Spideys Rogue gallery.

Blair Wind
Spot

Iceman

Captain Atom

Red Tornado

Brutacus
OK my opinion of a good comic maybe different to yours, but i prefer the modern day characterisations motivated approach to comics rather than the traditional mundane CRASH BANG WALLOP ideals. IMO comics need less Truck throwers and more Blue furred genius's who can give Albert Einstein, Watson and Crick and Thomas Edison a run for their money. Anyone who suggest that the old supposedly 'Power house' version of Beast is an improvement on Wheeldons current depiction, has really bad taste IMO.

So you don't mind iff a writer just changed a character all the time??
Doesn't go by the story line of the character, and where did I say I want beast to be a dumb stong guy.

The old beast was strong and smart and that is what he should be to day, he might still be strong we don't know that do we?
Wenn is the last time he took someone out, I guess it was danger, many people say that beast shouldn't be the one to take danger out, but iff you think about it he is the right man to take danger out because he's the X-men's genius, and didn't he help create danger?
I know this was off topic.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Brutacus
So you don't mind iff a writer just changed a character all the time??

If its for the sake of good writing, i think its a great idea. ! wink

hank_mccoy
well why do you think that beast cant have both strength and brains? if he is smart does that means he needs to be pawned by everyone? he can have his features and still be smart , so giving him less abilities doesn't do anything better at all

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Spot

Iceman

Captain Atom

Red Tornado What I think is kinda a slap in the face was how they had CA beat Mr Majestic. Some writer must have figured, "We know CA should beat Superman but Why let that happen" "Let him beat on the other one"

Metalmanx

ME, TOO!

And Jubilee, too, actually.

And Quicksilver--Bring him back to his old super-speed and make him the fastest mutant!

Nightcrawler. I've love to see him REALLY kick some ass. And not be worried about killing. At least sometimes.

But yea. Mostly Beast.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Metalmanx
ME, TOO!

And Jubilee, too, actually.

And Quicksilver--Bring him back to his old super-speed and make him the fastest mutant!

Nightcrawler. I've love to see him REALLY kick some ass. And not be worried about killing. At least sometimes.

But yea. Mostly Beast. I like Nightcrawlers unique status. That fact that he looks that way but cares so much about life is a good paradox.

Grimm22
Thing, Colossus, Beast, Torch, ect..

Grimm22
Iron Mans class 100 with superspeed and agility from the suit. Beast would have no chance.

Actually Iron Man is Class 90 at full power no expression

He's only Class 100 when he's hooked up to an external power source

Metalmanx
I like Nightcrawlers unique status. That fact that he looks that way but cares so much about life is a good paradox.

Oh yea, I love it, too. What I mean really, is that I'd like to see him break his own rules every now and then when the situation REALLY called for it, ya know?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Oh yea, I love it, too. What I mean really, is that I'd like to see him break his own rules every now and then when the situation REALLY called for it, ya know? Yeah I get you. Like in a moment when killing the other man is for the greater good.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Grimm22

He's only Class 100 when he's hooked up to an external power source I could have sworn with all his upgrades Iron man was class 100

Inhuman
Thing

Ya thing needs help badly sad

Tha C-Master
It tends to be more of a correlation in their popularity. Look at Carnage, he was badass, but has degenerated thoroughly throughout the years, until his dissappearance. He could be written more powerfully. Beast of course could. Namor just needs to be written accurately a difference in being written more powerfully.

R.O.T. Yahman

He's only Class 100 when he's hooked up to an external power source

Trust me mate Class, 90 means **** All. Both Thing and Iron man can lift Thousands of tons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.