What horror movie(s) are you excited for?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LepperFace15
Whether it be a release this week, or whether the release is a year away. The movie(s) could either be one coming out in theaters or any coming out on DVD. What horror movie(s) are you excited for and why?

steverules
I think there is already a thread about this confused

Deano
grindhouse looks fun.

Impediment
Grindhouse, definitely. Will Smith is in production right now filming I am Legend, Richard Matheson's post apocalyptic vampire survival horror story. I'm confident he'll do alright. Being the hardcore Matheson fan that I am, I have high hopes for this film. Matheson is a master horror writer and has written many stories that you have probably watched the movie adaptations of like Stir of Echoes, Somewhere in Time, What Dreams may Come, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (the man sees the gremlin on the airplane's wing), and Legend of Hell House.

If you're unfamiliar with this classic horror story, check out the Wiki Article.

Deano
omega man was another film inspired by i am legend. great book.

i hope will smith makes it pure horror and not some action type movie. that wont be good.

Impediment
I was pleased with his performance in I, Robot because it was a serious attitude with minimal humor. This role, however, is, for lack of a better word, humorless. It's actually a very bleak role since Robert Neville, the protagonist, is basically the last human being on Earth and is not only stuggling to survive the nightly vampire onslaughts, but trying to maintain his sanity and state of mind due to isolation and solitude. Smith, IMO, can pull it off if he focuses on the character of Neville, but any humor added into the movie will make it cheesy. The movie can have some action elements to it, of course, but I feel that the premise or, better yet, the feel of the movie should be very psychological like The Shining.

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by LepperFace15
Whether it be a release this week, or whether the release is a year away. The movie(s) could either be one coming out in theaters or any coming out on DVD. What horror movie(s) are you excited for and why?

I am personally looking forward to TCM: The Beginning.

Impediment
Originally posted by Scarecrow756

Meh. I might go see it if all of my friends go to see it, just so I have something to do. I hated the remake, and I really don't have high hopes for the prequel.

BackFire
The Woods

SelphieT
Originally posted by BackFire
The Woods

and Saw III for me. I really liked the second, I hope the third is better, and not like the first at all.

Wolfie
Saw III
The Woods
Grindhouse
My Name is Bruce

That's all I can think of right now.

jbmusicman28
dude hhowz it going peoplez.....

jbmusicman28
I am personally looking forward to TCM: The Beginning. it better be as good as the first ,that was awesome,lately movies in horror have disappointed me,kool movie i heard it was supposed to be better though laughing out loud Happy Dance

jbmusicman28
did any one like the omen

jbmusicman28
Whether it be a release this week, or whether the release is a year away. The movie(s) could either be one coming out in theaters or any coming out on DVD. What horror movie(s) are you excited for and why? smokin' the remake of halloween, robzombies, producing this one,it beetter not be stupid

deathbycorn

SelphieT

Impediment

deathbycorn
Some direct to dvd movies are good movies, mate.
And if you think otherwise, each to their own.

Impediment
Don't get me wrong, I own my share direct-to-dvd releases myself, but the vast majority, IMO, are shit.

LepperFace15

I am also looking forward to this movie. I watched a recent program named "E! True Hollywood Stories" with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning as the story. Even if this movie doesn't do good at the box office, the people working behind this movie seem like they are really trying their best to tell this story.

Now, I don't know about you guys but, it seems like I have been waiting forever for this movie to come out. It's only been a year that I've been waiting but this is one movie that I am definetly going to go see whether it be a good film in your opinion or not.

vintageSW77
is there a DAY OF THE DEAD remake on the way....i heard there was but after a mini google it dont look that way?

Deano
im lookin forward to see what rob zombie can do with halloween.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Deano
im lookin forward to see what rob zombie can do with halloween. yeah, I really hope that movie does well! I really like Rob Zombie, but I dunno if he could pull that off! He's one of my favorite artists, I've seen him in concert, but lets see how he does doing a remake smile

LepperFace15

Wait, did I miss something with ROB ZOMBIE and Halloween?
What's going on?

Impediment
Wait, did I miss something with ROB ZOMBIE and Halloween?
What's going on?

He's going to do a Halloween remake. As unnecessary as this is, I feel that Rob can do some justice to this project. Still, I am very anti-remake.

Deano
me too.but if anyone was gonna get the nod to remake it, then im glad its rob zombie.

vintageSW77
will it be set in the 70s ?
wasnt NOATC??
i know THE DEVILS REJECTS was

why the hell is he doing a remake??....so much for THE NEW WAVE OF HORROR!!

Leathergien
wrong turn 2
the hills have eyes 2
tcm:the beggining
saw 3
hostel 2
halloween remake
dawn of the dead 2
land of the dead 2
young hannibal
candyman 4
friday the 13th

BroLLy_LsSj
deathbycorn
raising hell

and

Impediment
Sith

STFU its annoying and join me in the real dark POWAH! " power "

LepperFace15
Wow, I didn't know there were so much horror movies coming out...

Impediment
Originally posted by BroLLy_LsSj
deathbycorn
raising hell

and

Impediment
Sith

STFU its annoying and join me in the real dark POWAH! " power "

Go. Away.

Spartan005
I am also looking forward to this movie. I watched a recent program named "E! True Hollywood Stories" with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning as the story. Even if this movie doesn't do good at the box office, the people working behind this movie seem like they are really trying their best to tell this story.

Now, I don't know about you guys but, it seems like I have been waiting forever for this movie to come out. It's only been a year that I've been waiting but this is one movie that I am definetly going to go see whether it be a good film in your opinion or not.

Yeah, I watched that last night.. it was pretty damn cool! I never knew that the killer inspired Psycho and Silence of the lambs confused But whatever, I liked it.... I hope the new movie will be good, I liked the remake... it wasn't great, but it certainly wasn't bad (and Jessica Biel was in it) droolio

BroLLy_LsSj
Originally posted by Impediment
Go. Away.

I got my eye on you!

BroLLy_LsSj

frankie henness
fright night part 2

it is and obligation to tell the back story to where the first movie left off and this time it has more monsters
than the first and an sexy female vampiress called regine
dandridge the sister to jerry dandridge played by chris sarandon from the first fright night movie and this time
regine's out for payback to those responsible for her brothers death and it has more special effects ever it has then the first movie and an fresh director tommy lee wallace and an fresher cast including julie carmen brian thompson and jon gries who plays broots in the hit series the pretender and also traci lin and and fresher script
no rehashing the first movie and i give it 20/10.

review by.frankie hennessy

reporting for the Frankie hennessy movie reviewer

vintageSW77
I hate the TCM the beginning tv spot were getting in the UK....it says something along the lines of "3 YEARS AGO ONE OF THE SCARIEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME WAS RELEASED...HERES HOW IT ALL STARTED!"

Shouldnt that be 33!!!!
There were only 2 good things in that remake
and they belonged to Miss Beil !!!

Mr Parker

yeah same here.I am looking forward to the next installment next year.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
He's going to do a Halloween remake. As unnecessary as this is, I feel that Rob can do some justice to this project. Still, I am very anti-remake.

its not actually a remake.Its a prequal.They are going to show the characters of Laurie Strode,Sam Loomis and of course Michael Myers when they were younger and it will show the events of michael as a child after he stabs his sister and leading up to when he is an adult taken over by the shape.that sounds exciting to me because i always thought they never showed enough character development from the first film.It will be refreshing change instead of seeing the same old stuff over and over again.

LepperFace15
Originally posted by vintageSW77
I hate the TCM the beginning tv spot were getting in the UK....it says something along the lines of "3 YEARS AGO ONE OF THE SCARIEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME WAS RELEASED...HERES HOW IT ALL STARTED!"

Shouldnt that be 33!!!!
There were only 2 good things in that remake
and they belonged to Miss Beil !!!

haha yeah, maybe they shouldnt have said it that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.