Who has the strongest characters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Marvel or DC?

NiņoAraņa
DC....they have uberpowerful ones....

Dinalfos
Strongest as in "best"? Marvel, hands down.

Strongest as in physically powerful? DC, no question.

R.O.T. Yahman
OHHHHH i wish this thread had been done b4 ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oooohhh well a chnace to SPAM

SPAM

SPAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Big Sexy
no

Mr. Universe
DC has the better ratio of strong to weak characters, because Marvel has so many bottom-tier characters. But numerically I'd say Marvel has MORE powerful characters, due to the vast number of cosmic entities. But generally the average DC character is more powerful than the average Marvel character.

Sub_Mariner
DC characters consist of class 100 characters.

H. S. 6
Dc's mid-tier are around Marvel's cosmics. You do the math. stick out tongue

Broly92
Marvel because of TOAA no expression

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Broly92
Marvel because of TOAA no expression
Do you realise that tat post makes no sense?

V for Valentine
Aye, DC have shed loads of Class 100 superman types. Marvel is a more street-level Universe. smile

But who has the BETTER characters? shifty

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Mr. Universe
DC has the better ratio of strong to weak characters, because Marvel has so many bottom-tier characters. But numerically I'd say Marvel has MORE powerful characters, due to the vast number of cosmic entities. But generally the average DC character is more powerful than the average Marvel character.

Agreed .... still this a pointless thread that has been done numerous times. Please use the search function in future.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by V for Valentine
Aye, DC have shed loads of Class 100 superman types. Marvel is a more street-level Universe. smile

But who has the BETTER characters? shifty

sick DCs characters are made too powerfull. sick
cool Marvel has the the better characters my friend. cool

galan7777777
In my oppinion DC has the stronger characters, such as GEB, Spectre, Lucifer, Michael, Anti-Monitor, and even God have been depicted on pannel.....

Jyppe
We've got Wolverine.. + I'm definately biased towards Marvel roll eyes (sarcastic)

Big Sexy
Originally posted by galan7777777
In my oppinion DC has the stronger characters, such as GEB, Spectre, Lucifer, Michael, Anti-Monitor, and even God have been depicted on pannel..... Two many factors involved. You got TOAA, the HOTU ,the Beyonder, The IG, LT , Abraxes etc. No way of making a depiction on whose logo is more powerful. The thread is pointless and will never have a definitive answer.

King Kandy
i'd say Marvel for their high number of Abstracts.

Inhuman
Marvel Earth heros<DC earth heros
Marvel cosmis>DC cosmics

roughrider
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Two many factors involved. You got TOAA, the HOTU ,the Beyonder, The IG, LT , Abraxes etc. No way of making a depiction on whose logo is more powerful. The thread is pointless and will never have a definitive answer.

Yep.
Each side has a parallel power for vitually every character.
Only major difference is Marvel's large quantity of interesting characters who are lower-tier. DC has less interesting characters for the most part - you can see that reflected in overall comic sales.

marvelprince
In terms of raw power, it goes to DC. But in strongest character as in terms of personality etc Marvel hands down

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Inhuman
Marvel Earth heros<DC earth heros
Marvel cosmis>DC cosmics

I think that's pretty much true.

I find Marvel guys to be better written, IMO. Of course that's not to say DC is poorly written, because it hardly ever is.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by steverules
Marvel or DC?

Wildstorm. no expression

roughrider
Division of power is handled much differently at the two companies. Many of Marvel's most powerful characters are not in the foreground all the time; the mid to lower-tier are. Would Spider-Man and the X-Men sell as well if they had near-godlike power levels? Their vunerability is a strong point for keeping fan interest.

WrathfulDwarf
DC

The Spectre (nuff said)

juggernaut66666
DC Antimonitor,Spectre,Lucifer,Michael,Mr Mxy,Kismet,Parallax,Ion,Phantom Stranger,Takion etc.etc.etc

juggernaut66666
But if we count the IG and the HOTU as characters....

WrathfulDwarf
I'm glad you mention Phantom Stranger. He's one of the most underrated characters of DC.

roughrider
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
DC

The Spectre (nuff said)

And Marvel has The Living Tribunal. Check.

Validus
This thread might as well ask what company's characters do you like more.

V for Valentine
That's what it always comes down to with any thread with a DC vs Marvel character confused (COUGH*GOLEM*COUGH) stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by roughrider
And Marvel has The Living Tribunal. Check.

Stalemate, actually both have omnipotent abilities. However, The Spectre might have the edge on Divine enhancements. Which can only come from The Presence (i.e. his primal essence)

Big Sexy
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Stalemate, actually both have omnipotent abilities. However, The Spectre might have the edge on Divine enhancements. Which can only come from The Presence (i.e. his primal essence) Dont really buy that whole presense = win thing. Too many arguements have disputed it in these threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.