American Idol Rejects (And others.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
With American Idol auditions coming up (yes, I do lower myself to watch the first episode), I'm trying to understand why these people who are absolutely awful at singing think that they are, in fact, the most talented singer in America?

It boggles the mind, really. I know I'm a horrible singer. I know I'm a horrible artist. I know I'm a horrible horse rider. Thus, I wouldn't enter a singing, drawing, or horse riding contest.

I know I'm decent at math and chemistry--but I know I'm not the best. I wouldn't enter a contest and honestly expect to win. And I wouldn't say that I'm the most talented mathematician or aspiring chemist in...well, anywhere.

So, why do people who suck at singing (and other things) think they are good at them?

I'm just left scratching my head. Do they just want to get on TV? Have they actually told themselves that they are good enough times that they believe it?

Darth Kreiger
They think they're good, some want the fame that William Hung(sp) got, others who knows

§P0oONY
It's called being Tone Deaf....

Lyna303

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lyna303
hahaha laughing

i donno it always pisses me off when they think they are so good...and they suck...

It's becasue most of them haven't heard a recording of their singing voice and when they hear themself singing it's good...

It's not their fault really... Who records themself sinigng?

Lyna303
well people who plan on going on a singing talent show...

jaden101
the early auditions are the best thing ever...it's comedy is unmatched...

tell me this isn't the funniest shit you've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9jBH7ufRU

train wreck tv like you've never seen

Lyna303
Originally posted by jaden101
the early auditions are the best thing ever...it's comedy is unmatched...

tell me this isn't the funniest shit you've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9jBH7ufRU

train wreck tv like you've never seen
holy shit!! laughing

jaden101
the usual thing you hear them say is that their family and friends tell them they're good...

i tell my mate his punk band is good when in fact it's shit

so i guess it's encouragement that seems to propel these people to make total cvnts of themselves on national tv regardless of where in the world that may be

Lyna303
its really called "x factor" in england?

jaden101
holy shit!! laughing

you may laugh...but here he is in the final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVG6pMrSUtM

jaden101
its really called "x factor" in england?

pop idol and popstars had 3 or 4 series..the x factor rebrand was to get the idiot public watching again...i'm sure it'll change to something else soon enough

Lyna303
you may laugh...but here he is in the final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVG6pMrSUtM
its not as funny the first time i guess....ermm
pop idol and popstars had 3 or 4 series..the x factor rebrand was to get the idiot public watching again...i'm sure it'll change to something else soon enough
hmm....interesting...

RZA
I think some of them are paid to do this.

Lyna303
i donno...some of them sound really ernest about it though...

RZA
The ones that come on and act like total fools I believe are a set up. They know people want to watch them look stupid cuz that's the best part. Imagine how the show would be if everyone just came on and sang good or at least gave it a good effort.

IMO those get paid.

Lyna303
do you think william hung got paid?....lol

RZA
Maybe? but in the end he got paid anyway, so meh...

Lyna303
Originally posted by RZA
The ones that come on and act like total fools I believe are a set up. They know people want to watch them look stupid cuz that's the best part. Imagine how the show would be if everyone just came on and sang good or at least gave it a good effort.

IMO those get paid.
well i only watch the auditions.....and i find them hilarious...esp when they are delusional....

RZA
That's the only part I watch too for the same reason.

Fishy
Because people get really hurt and it's funny... Sometimes they cry, that always makes me laugh.

PVS
Originally posted by FeceMan

So, why do people who suck at singing (and other things) think they are good at them?

attention whores. you know this, though. unless you're just being rhetorical because you thought it would make a nice topic

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
attention whores. you know this, though. unless you're just being rhetorical because you thought it would make a nice topic
Surely there has to be another reason.

A better one.

jaden101

A better one.

for my amusement...they all bow to me in the end...

PVS

A better one.

why? so it would all make sense? well it doesnt. idiots dont make sense. they exist so that people like you will feel an intense pressure and excruciating pain from behind your eyeballs as you try to figure them out.

"if it werent for my horse, i wouldn't have spent that year in college"

for example, take JM.............please

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.