do you believe in them?(I KNOW it's long but please PLEASE read)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tee_pirategirl
I'm making this thread because I too freaked along side everyone else when I found out the 3rd ending and this is sorta another therapy thread...I hope they don't close it though. I KNOW we already have one of these threads but here I want everyone to be positive so whenever we feel down we can just come here and chill out for a while.....so the real question is...did you or did you NOT love COTBP and DMC?????? do you belive in ted and terry and what they've written so far? do you think gore is a great director? haven't you LOVED everything that has had Jerry as a producer? and last (but CERTAINLY not least) don't you think johnny is a great actor and would never play a sequel if he didn't believe in it?now I really do trust the ending Lovelyone told us cause I really believe in her BUT...the question is DO WE BELIEVE IN ALL THE PEOPLE MAKING THESE MOVIES?what they've done so far has been great so why should the rest be different? has there HONESTLY ever been a disney movie you haven't like??? didn't we love the movie waaaaaaaay BEFORE it was liz/jack oriented (although it WAS liz/jack to begin with but by the end of 1 we were convinced otherwise) so even IF (I'm just saying IF) we don't get the ending we want..whose to say we don't get "something much more better"? who thought liz/jack would kiss????? most people didn't...ted and terry were the ones who came up with the kiss..they were the ones who pleased us and whose to say they don't make something SOOOOOOO surprisingly fabulouse that we all forget there even was a jack/liz relationship to begin with....
sorry for rambling on but I had to ask these thing from myself and you guys...aren't these people the same people who made us fall in love with the movie in the first place? who says they've lost their touch when you haven't SEEN the movie? who can judge if the movie doesn't deserve a chance to beat Titanic in the box office????

johnnyforever
yes yes i love everything about the movie. and like you said, every disney movie i've ever seen has been great, w/ a great ending. so i think that however this movie ends, it'll be great. whether it's jack/liz or will/liz or nothing!

bottom line is... they CAN'T ruin this movie!!!

Josefina
This is a soothing-herbal therapy that shall cure everyone's bad feelings and thoughts about what could happen in AWE yes (I'll really try):

Being sincere, I did not become obsessed with POTC1 when I saw it. I liked it a lot indeed, and saw it many times; but it did not generate any lateral effect in me as POTC2 did.

DMC made me completely mad in all possible ways. When I saw it, I was like... oh geez this is getting too long -- I felt that the story was not being a round-tell like POTC1 but a splashed narration, and I did not like it too much at first.

But suddenly -- the 'persuade me' scene. First shock, I couldn't believe it... this Liz/Jack chemistry in front on my eyes was not only in my imagination now, was it?
Then, the 'curiosity' scene. It almost killed me; they almost kissed.
And then -- then, the 'kiss' scene. My jaw dropped to the floor and I literally leaped from the seat! A gigantic shot of Jack and Elizabeth kissing in front of my eyes in one of the hottest kisses ever... and it really was happening!

It happened, indeed. And all DMC revolved around this pair, not just this mere 3 scenes I have just indicated.
-- and then the movie ended, and I could understant it was just a transition; a prelude for AWE's final character development. In DMC we could grasp each character's developing interiority and their feelings for each other (Jack/Liz essentially), and consequently AWE must have the final settlement of feelings DMC unleashed.

I believe in T&T for that reason. Each scene in DMC must have meant a previous thought, and indeed has a certain meaning (Elizabeth's wedding dress sinking, anyone? laughing out loud -- for example). They invented these characters, they made them say what they wanted them to say, and made them look and act in determined ways to consolidate what each character is. Of course, the actors/actresses introduce a surge of originality into their characters, which in consequence fortifies each character in the creator's minds (and which transforms good movies in unbelievable magic for the audience -- like in DMC's case yes ).

Now my dear pirate mates, I am completely -- and I reiterate, COMPLETELY -- certain that a creator doesn't give the impulse of life to their characters to afterwards manipulate them against what they are; and make them act, think and feel what does not correspond to their beings.

And that's why I have the surge of hope that the Jack/Liz relationship that started to develop with passionate sparks in DMC won't be ignored, forgotten, left aside -- and all the possible synonyms you can think of smile -- in AWE.

What we saw really happened, we are not inventing things out of thin air. DMC revolved around Jack and Liz -- those looks they gave each other, that contained passion -- and AWE can perfectly end as LovelyOne stated: what Jack and Elizabeth started to feel for each other cannot be cut in AWE, and that ending also leaves open the Jack/Liz possibilty in a possible fourth movie.

What happened between Jack/Liz happened for a reason, and everything that happens must have its consequences yes (in AWE in this case smile)!

So I BELIEVE; and -- come on, EVERYONE MUST KEEP BELIEVING, WITH THEIR HOPES UP! big grin

(and I am so sorry if this is too long, I felt so inspired -- HAHAHAHA!!!)

LovelyOne
right now..I just dont know..

It seems as if they have not made any Jack/Liz hints in the next script..the chemistry just fizzles out it seems so even if Will does leave for good and Elizabeth stays..I bet there is no hint of Jack/Liz at the end of it..

If she's so desperate to be married to Will before he dies..then she must really love Will at the end of AWE..and apparently Jack just decideds/accepts that they weren't meant for eachother..

I'm going for a while..I'm depressed.

Chiki Mina
...great..here we go again..the spinning head nightmare is coming back again

any one has vodka or something so i can drink it down with some pills lol

PirateDiva
I said something similar to this in another thread...and i agree with everyword!!!
I BELIEVE....I BELIEVE....I BELIEVE!!!!
CLAP YOUR HANDS IF U BELIEVE!!! lol...i know a lil Peter Panish!! LOL...but do it if u BELIEVE in POTC!!!!!

tee_pirategirl
I really DO believe in them..I think even if we don't get what we want we'll get something better plus like my favorite philosefor once said:" there's what a man CAN do and what a man CAN'T do" so they CAN make it crappy if they want to but they CAN'T make over a billion in the box office all by them onesy savvy?

Josefina
Originally posted by LovelyOne
right now..I just dont know..

It seems as if they have not made any Jack/Liz hints in the next script..the chemistry just fizzles out it seems so even if Will does leave for good and Elizabeth stays..I bet there is no hint of Jack/Liz at the end of it..

If she's so desperate to be married to Will before he dies..then she must really love Will at the end of AWE..and apparently Jack just decideds/accepts that they weren't meant for eachother..

I'm going for a while..I'm depressed.

Oh, geez... this worsens this ****ing monday I had today no.
No hints of Jack and Liz... aaghhh what are they are dealing with!?!

-- and I agree Chiki; this is certainly a spinning nightmare sad (and I am pretty dizzy.)

Chiki Mina
im just sick that everyone is falling apart...i simply dont believe these stupid spoilers. sry im puerto rican i cant help it!! we are stubborn ****ers

tee_pirategirl
U GUYYYS!!!! this is where we're all positive...so BE POSITIVE...it's like jack said :the chemistry they showed us in DMC MIGHT have all been a lie cause "if it was the truthe they wouldn't have told it to us" right?! WRONG : " UNLESS they knew we wouldn't believe the truth even if they told it to us" aren't those T n T's own words so....?

LovelyOne
I'm kinda feeling positive..ish..As soon as we get news on Keira being on P4 or not..we know Orlie's not as he has said.

Movie 2..they actually brought Liz's character forward..and made her a star alongside Johnny..she was with Captain Jack throughout most of the movie..she was with the MONEY of he movie through out MOST of the movie and people LOVED it. Of course thats the TRUE reason why it got to 1 billion.If the money of the movie is what makes the movie sell..then that means what happens to the money of the movie in DMC is WHAT made it go up to 1 billion and it was Jack/Liz chemistry on screen .all the J/E fans I speak to have gone to see it about 19 times!!..and its not just fangirls lol..they must realize the potential the two have on screen together for a possible 4th after how much DMC did at the box office.

even the people who have seen it only once all say they want Jack and Elizabeth to end up together in the long run..they all think it makes perfect sense...

I've seen random polls on various boards that are NOT potc forums.and with all of them Jack/Liz out did Will/Liz EVERY time..

Its not jut 14 year old fangirls who love the aspect...its basically the main audience who do.

tee_pirategirl
EXACTLY...actually I do believe the script you told us BUT I think jerry/gore/t nt/johnny are smarter than us waaaaaay smarter in movie making so if we KNOW (and we know for sure) that liz/jack sex appeal will SELL than they know it better than us so...I'm not saying the'll CHANGE the ending but they may leave it open to be liz/jack in the 4rth movie ...afterall they ARE after the money...and I have a hunch keira will play in potc4 A)did you not see how she loved kissinh johnny? if they tell her she can do it again.... B)cause POTC and pride and prejiduce have been the best movies she's made she's not ready to give them up

LovelyOne
I dont think Orlie gave it up lol I think they booted him from PotC 4 cuz his character has developed as much as it can..he was only REALLY ever placed in there because Jack originally was a risk IMO. laughing out loud

I just think he's saying that it was his choice because he's got his pride

The only thing I'm worried about is if the writers think there is no potential for Liz in the future as well to develop...I hope they are not trying to end both charactrs so PotC 4 can be a new tale for Jack..because people have fallen in love with the Jack/Liz possibility..so many people..she has a great potential on screen with Jack if there is a 4..its like it was a test as people say, to see how people would react to a movie where its him and her on the pearl for most of the film and lookie 1 billion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.