THE KMC SHORT STORY CONTEST - #2 - October

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the guidelines for the Second KMC Short Story Contest!

To those of you that participated in the last contest, thank you for making it such a big success. I actually had requests for a second contest!

With each Short Story contest, there will be a genre that defines what the story must be about. The genre is completely decided on my whim and fancy, whatever I feel like choosing. With the last contest, there was no such thing. You could write whatever. Not so, this time. wink

Story length is 10,000 characters minimum (one post) and 20,000 characters maximum (two posts).

=

NOTICE

Keep in mind that Short Stories with explicit imagery or language must be censored (*'s for language, tags for passages).

=

GENRE

The genre for this short story contest is...

Horror! You'll flip on the television around Halloween time and all the horror thrillers and shows that are meant to creep you out are on. Twilight Zone, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc. Or maybe some old Vincent Price movie like 'The Thriller' or perhaps the classic Frankenstein and Dracula movies.

Write a story that's going to creep me out or scare me, basically. Monsters, psycho killers, scary situations, etc.

=

SPECIAL

Feh, since I flaked and started late, I will make no special requirement other than that the thing be scary in some way. stick out tongue

=

JUDGES

For all contests, there will be a panel of five judges.

I have not yet chosen the judges for this contest, though assume that it may be a similar panel.

=

CONTESTANTS

Please send me a Private Message to express interest in this bimonthly contest.

Vinny Valentine
TheKingofKINGS!
Ultraman Baltan
animelover4ever
Claymud
Eternal Turmoil
newjak86
Feanor x
Mortalitas
Scythe x
Wind Sister
Dusty

=

OTHER GUMF

Should be interesting to read everything entered.

The contest begins today, October 1st, 2006.

All stories must be entered by Halloween, October 31st. Knowing me, I'll let a few slide if they come in late.

Judging takes place in November.

Good luck, writers. And Happy Halloween. wink

Fëanor

Scythe

Scythe

DigiMark007
Tie. no expression

Vim
WOW... what just happened? I felt like I entered the Twilight Zone that inhabits only the nightmares of psychotic underlings from the darkest pits of Hell.

Captain REX
Sweet Jesus, it's Vim!

And yeah, this competition was a spectacular failure. ermm

Syren
It's a crying shame mhm

Fëanor
rather disappointing, sad to say. and i worked so hard on that story, not really my for-tay.

H. S. 6
Perhaps this shows we shouldn't have one every other month? stick out tongue

Syren
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Perhaps this shows we shouldn't have one every other month? stick out tongue

I don't agree with that, it's the genre more likely. I still think a poll to choose the next genre would be a good idea.

Also, if you sign up, you should submit. Seriously.

Eternal Turmoil
I've had loads of schoolwork, and other things on my plate this month. Very sorry Rex.

sad

Lana
Originally posted by Syren
I don't agree with that, it's the genre more likely. I still think a poll to choose the next genre would be a good idea.

Also, if you sign up, you should submit. Seriously.

Actually, I agree that it's better to space contests out a bit more.

Though I also agree that if you sign up, you should enter...I had that problem in the last sig tournament.

Diamonds
Originally posted by Lana
Actually, I agree that it's better to space contests out a bit more.

Though I also agree that if you sign up, you should enter...I had that problem in the last sig tournament. No kidding.

People signing up should submit or PM Rex and/or one of the judges to say why they can't put in an entry.
But I like the idea of a poll to choose the next genre.

Syren
Yeah, you're probably right Lana.

Ok, so a poll for the genre big grin

Vinny Valentine
My Grades were slipping, and with that Essay I had to work on including other massive projects I didn't have time. Making a story to enter on a Forum Contest comes after school work, sorry to say.

Syren
Valid excuse by the sounds of it big grin

Vim
Originally posted by Captain REX
Sweet Jesus, it's Vim!

And yeah, this competition was a spectacular failure. ermm

Well I'm up to whole 1 person remembering being on this forum pretty regularly. That's probably because you're moderator. But anyway yeah its good to be back, I had missed the KMC community.

Trickster
I remember you, Vim.

But it was definitely the genre, at least for me.

Vim
Oh yeah! 2!! Sweet ... LOL! I had a bit of hiatus from here and really missed it. I love some of the threads that go on and on forever! I'm really hitting the horror, movie discussion, comic book and general fiction pretty hard this time around. Some of the video game stuff too! And Pirates and Spiderman every now 'n then. See around Trickster.

TheKingofKINGS!
I was supposed to submit an entry, wasn't I?

Scythe
Exactly what did happen? I mean, was it a tie? Who won? I should go about reading in other areas first.

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by Vim
Oh yeah! 2!! Sweet ... LOL! I had a bit of hiatus from here and really missed it. I love some of the threads that go on and on forever! I'm really hitting the horror, movie discussion, comic book and general fiction pretty hard this time around. Some of the video game stuff too! And Pirates and Spiderman every now 'n then. See around Trickster.

I remember you, you posted that amazing exerpt of that book you were writing a few years ago.

I seem to remember being promised a free copy too wink

Vim
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I remember you, you posted that amazing exerpt of that book you were writing a few years ago.

I seem to remember being promised a free copy too wink

Ha ha! Riiiight... A few years ago...? gee it was only just released July of '04. That was that long ago was it? stick out tongue Anyway, yeah its only available online like Amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com ... I'm working on a kind of "special edition" of it and adding the second "chapter/book" to it... However I have turned alot of my attention to my new comic book idea Metal Mouth ...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t429447.html

Scythe
Originally posted by Scythe
Exactly what did happen? I mean, was it a tie? Who won? I should go about reading in other areas first.

Still don't know who won...

Vim
PM Captain Rex, I'm sure he'll get back with you... My vote goes to you that story was just so insane that my brain was barely able to keep up!!

Syren
I decided not to vote because it seemed unfair. I preferred Feanor's from a reader's point of view though, but both were pretty good.

Scythe
I decided not to vote because it seemed unfair. I preferred Feanor's from a reader's point of view though, but both were pretty good.

I agree, from a reader's point of view it's great, mine was something abit over the top, and not serious at all.

Syren
I agree, from a reader's point of view it's great, mine was something abit over the top, and not serious at all.

Yours was crazy-ass insane yes

Scythe
Yours was crazy-ass insane yes

Thanks Syren, however I must admit, my writing skills are mediocre at best, I have alot to learn if I ever want to write anything half decent.

wiccan999
Is it too late to submit an entry?

Syren
Thanks Syren, however I must admit, my writing skills are mediocre at best, I have alot to learn if I ever want to write anything half decent.

Mediocre, no. I think if you just make sure you check and double check what you've written you could make a distinct difference big grin

Trickster
Originally posted by wiccan999
Is it too late to submit an entry?

Yes.

wiccan999
oh weltomcat

Scythe
Mediocre, no. I think if you just make sure you check and double check what you've written you could make a distinct difference big grin

Hehehe, yeah, I've always had quite abit of trouble spelling at whatnot. However, I turned in a rushed copy thinking there would be an early turn out or an early dead-line. Even though I double checked it once more, and had REX re-post it, I still see plenty of things to change.

TheKingofKINGS!

Also, if you sign up, you should submit. Seriously. I was going to but then I remembered....

I didn't have an idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.