Dispensationalism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Crazy word.

Anyway, it's the study of dispensation, which basically means the various "stages" of God's presence in the world (and how He dealt with mankind) and the means by which humans were to worship.

First was the age of innocence--in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were the first of this age and they were the ones who ended it by eating the forbidden fruit.

Next came conscience. Humans were guided by their consciences; their way of obeying and worshiping God was through doing what was right in their minds. Well, that didn't last, either. Flood.

After conscience was human government. Men were to rule the Earth and set up governments that would curb sin and praise God in this manner. Damn. Here come the plagues.

The promise--the Israelites were to inherit the promised land after they were freed by direct obedience to God. ...Oops.

Moses now was given the burden of the Law. Those who served God were to follow written codes and commands that God gave them. Didn't work.

In the current age, we are under the dispensation of grace--that we are saved through Christ alone, and that we are not bound by laws and regulations in our service to God. All we have to do is ask forgiveness and we are given it.

After this age, there will be the end times. The millennial kingdom, ruled by Christ. And after that...not much.

RocasAtoll
What's the point of this thread?

debbiejo
Though Jesus never taught Dispensationalism. That is a newer teaching started in the 1800's by Darby and Scholfield.

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
Though Jesus never taught Dispensationalism. That is a newer teaching started in the 1800's by Darby and Scholfield.
Never thought otherwise.
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
What's the point of this thread?
So perhaps people will understand why things are different in the OT and NT.

JesusIsAlive
Actually following the dispensation or age of grace will be the tribulation period. All the events written in the Book of Revelation will occur, beginning with the chapter 6 and concluding with chapter 22. Following this seven year period will be the one thousand year reign of Jesus Christs on the earth along with His followers.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Actually following the dispensation or age of grace will be the tribulation period. All the events written in the Book of Revelation will occur. Following this seven year period will be the one thousand year reign of Jesus Christs on the earth along with His followers.

The book of Revelations has nothing to do with the future. Do not reply to this post if you agree with me. big grin

debbiejo
Actually following the dispensation or age of grace will be the tribulation period. All the events written in the Book of Revelation will occur, beginning with the chapter 6 and concluding with chapter 22. Following this seven year period will be the one thousand year reign of Jesus Christs on the earth along with His followers. This is a false teaching....As fece said, it goes against the OT, and besides Jesus never taught it..This is a new teaching put forth by men, not god.

JesusIsAlive
This is a false teaching....As fece said, it goes against the OT, and besides Jesus never taught it..This is a new teaching put forth by men, not god.

You have gall, unmitigated gall, to talk about what is false teaching based on all of the things that you have said.

Show me by the Bible that what I have written is false, just saying it does not make it so. I have shown you by God's Word that your statements are indeed false teaching and beyond that even heresy and anti-biblical.

Shakyamunison
This is a false teaching....As fece said, it goes against the OT, and besides Jesus never taught it..This is a new teaching put forth by men, not god.

Christians like JIA don't follow the teaching Jesus, remember, they follow the teaching of Paul.

Gregory
If even that.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Gregory
If even that.

Someone is talking to me. Happy Dance I thought everyone had me on their ignore list. wink

Alliance
Perhaps our time would be better spent studying how the nature of gods changed over time rather then how one narrowminded religion belatedly made up artificial histories based on their mythology.

debbiejo
You have gall, unmitigated gall, to talk about what is false teaching based on all of the things that you have said.

Show me by the Bible that what I have written is false, just saying it does not make it so. I have shown you by God's Word that your statements are indeed false teaching and beyond that even heresy and anti-biblical. Paul Worshiper..

JesusIsAlive
Paul Worshiper..

That hurt my feelings Debbiejoe...sniffle...sniffle. Why would you say that you know that I am sensitive...sniffle...sniffle.

smile

Alliance
Its obvious that you are one of the most insensitive humans alive.

debbiejo
That hurt my feelings Debbiejoe...sniffle...sniffle. Why would you say that you know that I am sensitive...sniffle...sniffle.

smile Holy Roman Church Constantine worshiper...........It's the truth..

JesusIsAlive
Holy Roman Church Constantine worshiper...........It's the truth..

That hurt my feelings too Debbiejoe...sniffle...sniffle. Why would you say that you know that I am sooo sensitive...sniffle...sniffle.

weep smile

JesusIsAlive
repost my bad.

Regret
A dispensation is a general term that can be used to describe various things. One could say the space of time between major prophets was a dispensation. One could say the entire OT was a dispensation, and the NT was another. There are a large number of means by which one could group periods of time in the Bible. It is not necessarily a belief, although many beliefs contain dispensational reference.

FeceMan
I sigh.

Dispensationalism isn't a false teaching, but it is devised by man in an attempt to understand the nature of God. It makes sense, too.

debbiejo
But god changes NOT! With dispensations god does.

FeceMan
But god changes NOT! With dispensations god does.
No, it just shows the different ways in which God interacts with people, and there clearly is a vast difference between the OT and the NT.

Regret
But god changes NOT! With dispensations god does. The concept of dispensationalism that feces is addressing is not a statement of God changing, it is a descriptive categorizing of seeming changes in the manner of interaction between God and man. It has nothing to do with belief, it is merely for human reference.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.