Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan_Vos
Two masters of the Dark Side, Ulic and Bane confront each other in the Jedi Temple. They ignite their lightsabers as the earth trembles from their power. Who will win?

darthsith19
I would have said Ulic before the Bane novel came out. Now, idk, Bane can collapse temples easily with the Force so it could probably go either way. But probably Revan. idk, though, it's close.

zephiel7
If this is regular Bane in "path of destruction" I would say he wins, although with difficulty.

If it is Bane with the Orbalisk, (which increases his power in the darkside and defends against lightsaber blows), then I would go so far as to say Bane wins with relative ease.

It wasn't collapsing a temple exactly. What happened was that he unleashed a blast of force energy (similar to Kun's, but it seems a lot larger) and tore apart the 20 story Rakatan temple. It nearly pulverized Kas'im's body into "pulpy liquid"

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by zephiel7
If this is regular Bane in "path of destruction" I would say he wins, although with difficulty.

If it is Bane with the Orbalisk, (which increases his power in the darkside and defends against lightsaber blows), then I would go so far as to say Bane wins with relative ease.

It wasn't collapsing a temple exactly. What happened was that he unleashed a blast of force energy (similar to Kun's, but it seems a lot larger) and tore apart the 20 story Rakatan temple. It nearly pulverized Kas'im's body into "pulpy liquid"

Quinlan_Vos
So who wins then?

Darth Sexy
Bane..

DarthAnt66
Bump.

SunRazer
Good fight. They're probably about even.

DarthAnt66
You think Bane is that close to Kun? mmm

SunRazer
As a duelist, yeah.

Kun's completely beyond either of them in power.

DarthAnt66
Droma was Kun's equal in power when they fought - and then increased alongside him. I don't see a mass disparity.

SunRazer
They were equally matched duelists. Nowhere is it said that they were equally strong in the Force. There's a reason that Ragnos made Kun the master and Qel-Droma the apprentice.

Kun had access to more dark side knowledge/material, was factually more powerful than Ulic Qel-Droma, and has much better feats to work with. IIRC, Kun also had a bit more time as the Dark Lord. I imagine they both grew tremendously, but Kun moreso by a noticeable margin at least.

DarthAnt66
"After the Jedi retreat, Exar Kun arrives, and a dazzling clash of Jedi blades and sorcery begins."

thumb down

SunRazer
That doesn't happen in the comic, I believe. And don't you dismiss secondary sources that fail to align with the primary source?

Sorcery is more to do with mastery than power, anyway. Kun's more powerful - hence Ragnos made him the Master. It's that simple.

DarthAnt66
The comic doesn't portray the entire fight - just some panels.

And no, I don't dismiss anything except a direct contradiction.

---

The two fighting equally in a sorcery battle is blatant indication of parity with the Force.

Kun's slightly better overall, but there's definitely no vast difference like you're suggesting.

SunRazer
Parity in combat-applicable Force power, not the strength of their connection in the Force. Sorcery doesn't indicate the latter.

As I said, there was a noticeable enough difference for Ragnos to give Kun mastery while Qel-Droma was given apprenticeship. From then on, though they both improved tremendously, the improvements would've been skewed in Kun's favor since he had access to more dark side material, spent longer mastering the dark side, and had a stronger connection to the Force to begin with. So the gap gets increasingly disparate over time.

DarthAnt66
Considering they fought as equals, you have nothing to suggest there even was a gap.

Ragnos could have christened Kun because he had greater Force potential.

ILS
The sorcery part is likely referring to Aleema and Kun's exchange. There's no indication either used sorcery, though I imagine it would have been quite a close match up anyway. And yeah, Ulic did improve after that duel and crafted his Talisman into a gauntlet, like Kun, indicating he has a grasp of Sith sorcery.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
The sorcery part is likely referring to Aleema and Kun's exchange.

I thought so.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Considering they fought as equals, you have nothing to suggest there even was a gap.

Ragnos could have christened Kun because he had greater Force potential.

If Kun had more Force potential, he would've grown by a greater amount in the following years, which is my point anyways.

UCanShootMyNova
Ulic.

|King Joker|
This should be a very good fight, tbh.

carthage
It'll be a good match when Ulic stomps Bane in a duel that lasts a microsecond

Geistalt
Way to hyperbolize. Bane does get stomped, tho

SunRazer
I'm reconsidering. Ulic probably wins, but only just.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ulic probably wins, but only just.

Nephthys
Bane wins, but it is a great fight.

ILS
bump

NewGuy01
bane>vitiate>revan>malak>kunt>droma

ILS
thumb up

Ursumeles
thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

carthage
thumb up

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
thumb up shut

it

godemperortrump
Ulic shit stomps

AncientPower
Ulic solidly, especially considering how close he is to Vitiate in his prime.

deathslash
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ulic solidly, especially considering how close he is to Vitiate in his prime. really, was ulic actually that powerful?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but can you please explain why you think this.

godemperortrump
Originally posted by deathslash
really, was ulic actually that powerful?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but can you please explain why you think this.
Scaling off Exar probably. Kun being the "darkest power in the galaxy" would include Vitiate, and Ulic was only slightly below his master

Azronger
Ulic solidly, especially considering how close he is to Vitiate in his prime.

Is it a solid fight or a stomp?

AncientPower
I hold Darth Bane very highly, but Ulic even higher. So a solid fight, but one Ulic wins 8/10.

deathslash
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Scaling off Exar probably. Kun being the "darkest power in the galaxy" would include Vitiate, and Ulic was only slightly below his master hmm, interesting. Not entirely sure how much stock I'd put in that statement, but it certainly does get me thinking...

godemperortrump
hmm, interesting. Not entirely sure how much stock I'd put in that statement, but it certainly does get me thinking...
That quote would also include Abeloth and the Son if you use Azronger/Sheevite logic smile

Kun > Ulic >=? Abeloth > Son big grin

I'm pretty sure they've claimed something along these lines for Sidious at one point in time...

AncientPower
Neither of them technically exist on the same plane as the galaxy.

Azronger
I hold Darth Bane very highly, but Ulic even higher. So a solid fight, but one Ulic wins 8/10.

Interesting. So would you say Bane could stand up to novel Vitiate in any fashion?

Azronger
That quote would also include Abeloth and the Son if you use Azronger/Sheevite logic smile

Kun > Ulic >=? Abeloth > Son big grin

I'm pretty sure they've claimed something along these lines for Sidious at one point in time...

If you use Azronger logic, Abeloth and the Son most certainly aren't included in the quote.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Azronger
Interesting. So would you say Bane could stand up to novel Vitiate in any fashion?

Honestly, I doubt it. Reborn Revan has to be extremely powerful by now, certainly considerably moreso than Bane, and Vitiate straight up overwhelmed him with a concentrated FLS.

godemperortrump
If you use Azronger logic, Abeloth and the Son most certainly aren't included in the quote.
My mistake. I guess I was a fool to assume you of all people had said something like that.

It's not like you believe him to be "multiversal", "fourth dimensional" and capable of "consuming all space from every dimension there is" or anything...

At this point I can't even tell what's trolling and what isn't

Azronger
Honestly, I doubt it. Reborn Revan has to be extremely powerful by now, certainly considerably moreso than Bane, and Vitiate straight up overwhelmed him with a concentrated FLS.

So where do you hold Ulic relative to Revan?

Azronger
My mistake. I guess I was a fool to assume you of all people had said something like that.

It's not like you believe him to be "multiversal", "fourth dimensional" and capable of "consuming all space from every dimension there is" or anything...

The infinite dimensional thing definitely wasn't trolling, no, not at all.

lol

godemperortrump

lol

Azronger
Another lol

AncientPower
So where do you hold Ulic relative to Revan?

Roughly on par, I go back and forth really.

slayne

lol
Given some of the mind-bogglingly autistic shit you seriously believe about Sidious, even I couldn't tell whether you were trolling or not lol

deathslash
Roughly on par, I go back and forth really. don't mean to bust your chops, but isn't Malak confirmed as being more powerful than Exar Kun (who was slightly superior to Ulic)? The very same Malak that lost to Revan?

Azronger
Originally posted by slayne
Given some of the mind-bogglingly autistic shit you seriously believe about Sidious, even I couldn't tell whether you were trolling or not lol

Examples, please.

UCanShootMyNova
don't mean to bust your chops, but isn't Malak confirmed as being more powerful than Exar Kun (who was slightly superior to Ulic)? The very same Malak that lost to Revan?

He doesn't believe that quote because it doesn't suit his agenda.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Palpatine is an infinite-dimensional Omniversal powerhouse.

slayne
Examples, please.
Exhibit A: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15960229#post15960229

Exhibit B: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15988500#post15988500

Vader > RotS Palpatine as well, so DE Palpatine >>>>>> an infinite army of RotS Palpatines laughing out loud

Exhibit C: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16341578&highlight=userid%3A151354#post16341578

I could go on forever, but it's gotten to the point where you have to legitimately state that you're trolling because literally no one can tell the difference.

You are legitimately worse than LeG when it comes to fanwank.

Azronger
Exhibit A: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15960229#post15960229

Exhibit B: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15988500#post15988500

Vader > RotS Palpatine as well, so DE Palpatine >>>>>> an infinite army of RotS Palpatines laughing out loud

Exhibit C: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16341578&highlight=userid%3A151354#post16341578

I could go on forever, but it's gotten to the point where you have to legitimately state that you're trolling because literally no one can tell the difference.

Interesting. We should debate some of the topics.

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Palpatine is an infinite-dimensional Omniversal powerhouse.

That was trolling mate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
But I'm not.

Palpatine oneshots Omni-King. We need TOAA to oversee the fight.

slayne
He oneshots TOAA too lol

Rockydonovang

Nah. At least, on paper, Az's fanwank is plausible.

Legend's wankery is rarely plausible either on or off paper.

Azronger
You up for a debate, Slayne?

slayne
Sure.

Between which characters?

Azronger
DE Sheev vs 10 000 Darth Malguses?

AncientPower
don't mean to bust your chops, but isn't Malak confirmed as being more powerful than Exar Kun (who was slightly superior to Ulic)? The very same Malak that lost to Revan?

Pre-prime Exar Kun > Pre-Revan Vitiate is an established fact.

ChocolateMuesli
noice

carthage
Ulic without much difficulty

Big Gerald

Which version of Malgus?

TenebrousWay

Nice to know you have Malgus above Vader now. smile

Azronger
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Nice to know you have Malgus above Vader now. smile

Nah, I don't, just being more careful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.