Deadpool and Deathstroke run the Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Deadpool and Deathstroke take on a gauntlet of Deadly Duos!
-Full time to heal and rest after each match.
-Both get normal melee weapons and handguns
-Takes place on an abandoned New York street, starting two blocks -from each other
-How far do they get?

1.Daredevil and Elektra

2.Batman (Nomex Suit, normal gadgets) and Nightwing

3.Gambit and Rogue (Ms. Marvel)

4.Spiderman (Classic) and Black Cat

5.Wolverine and Sabertooth

6.Thing and Human Torch (No Nova)

7.Captain America and Ironman

8.Domino and Cable (Non-God-like)

9.Madness Venom and Maximum Carnage

MightyEInherjar
That's a pretty mean gauntlet, I need to read some more before I can decide. Anxious to see what others think.

Metalmanx
As much as I want them to, I don't know how they'll get past #3.

Soljer
I could see them beating 1, 2, 4 ,5 and 6. But that's it.

Tshern
They won't get past 3.

However, I'd like to see Deadpool &'Stroke vs Sabes & Wolverine and Deadpool & 'Stroke vs Batman & Nightwing.

SpunkySmurph
I wouldn't dicredit the DP and DS that much.
They've both battled opponents with superstrength before. And flight. They can shoot faster then Gambit can throw a card, and they're agile enough to dodge a very close blast, and powerful enough to survive anything more then that w/o a KO.

Grimm22
If they get to 6 they stop hard

capt it up
I doubt they pass 3. they won't pass 5

Soljer
Originally posted by Grimm22
If they get to 6 they stop hard

So says the Fantastic Four fanboy. I'll bet you Capt it up'll say they stop 'hard' at 5.

EDIT: Haha, he must have posted immediately before me. Good show.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
So says the Fantastic Four fanboy. I'll bet you Capt it up'll say they stop 'hard' at 5.

lol. They don't stop hard, but they stop. That is if they can even get past 3

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by capt it up
I doubt they pass 3. they won't pass 5

Obviously, I think they can get by three. 5.5/10 at least, which is enough for a majority
And, yes, they can get by five. Deadpool has handled Wolverine one his own before, and Deathstroke >>>> Sabertooth

capt it up
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Obviously, I think they can get by three. 5.5/10 at least, which is enough for a majority
And, yes, they can get by five. Deadpool has handled Wolverine one his own before, and Deathstroke >>>> Sabertooth
your not very big sabertooth ready are you.
sabertooth is a 10 tonner back in the day and is now even stronger. sabertooth has superhuman agility and reflexes. He would thrash deathstroke.

deadpool has only beaten logan via plot devices.

SpunkySmurph

deadpool has only beaten logan via plot devices.

Because, you know, gutting him with the his own swords and leaving him there was a total use of plot devices.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

capt it up
Because, you know, gutting him with the his own swords and leaving him there was a total use of plot devices.... roll eyes (sarcastic)
it is when wolverine healing factor was on the frizt and barly worked.

SpunkySmurph
Perhaps, I don't remember the exact details. But whether Wolverine was able to heal from that slower then usual is irrelevant. DP leavs himself open for attack. Wolverine kicks DP in the head, and, in doing so, leaving him wide open for slashes from the swords. DP says he can't believe that he tricked Wolverine that easily. End of fight.

This demontrates more cunning, and exccelent fighting abilities. I won't downplay Wolverine's stats, but DP can, and will, take him.

H. S. 6

To be fair, Wolverine's healing factor wasn't working properly, while Deadpool's was. As I understand it, Deadpool was taking advantage of this (taking hits that he knew his healing factor would be able to compensate for), and only was able to down Wolverine temporarily by trapping him, or tricking him.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soljer

I would love to see you even try to debate the duo beating ANYONE in the FF no expression

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Grimm22
I would love to see you even try to debate the duo beating ANYONE in the FF no expression

I could... as long as KO doesn't count as a win. shifty

capt it up
Perhaps, I don't remember the exact details. But whether Wolverine was able to heal from that slower then usual is irrelevant. DP leavs himself open for attack. Wolverine kicks DP in the head, and, in doing so, leaving him wide open for slashes from the swords. DP says he can't believe that he tricked Wolverine that easily. End of fight.

This demontrates more cunning, and exccelent fighting abilities. I won't downplay Wolverine's stats, but DP can, and will, take him.
his ehalign factor was barly working. wolverine also hit deadpool three time before deadpool could land a single atatck. so imagin logans healign factor was working.

deadpool has never beaten logan with out the aid of some plot device

SpunkySmurph
his ehalign factor was barly working. wolverine also hit deadpool three time before deadpool could land a single atatck. so imagin logans healign factor was working.

deadpool has never beaten logan with out the aid of some plot device

Hit, but nothing on the level of Deadpool's strike.
Deadpool also demonstrated superior cunning and tactical abilities.

capt it up
Hit, but nothing on the level of Deadpool's strike.
Deadpool also demonstrated superior cunning and tactical abilities.
no he did not.

wolverine freaken gutted deadpool. you really are saying any thing to make dp get a win there. deadpool one due to a plot device nuthing elese

SpunkySmurph
no he did not.

wolverine freaken gutted deadpool. you really are saying any thing to make dp get a win there. deadpool one due to a plot device nuthing elese

As did DP.

Oh, now that DP might porve a match, you resort to personal accusations huh?

capt it up
As did DP.

Oh, now that DP might porve a match, you resort to personal accusations huh?
the fact remains DP has enevr taken logan with out a plot device.

DS is the weak link in the team and will get taken out. Then it is logan and sabertooth vs deadpool

newjak86
the fact remains DP has enevr taken logan with out a plot device.

DS is the weak link in the team and will get taken out. Then it is logan and sabertooth vs deadpool DS is the weak link???????

If anything he may be the deadliest combatant in the match.

He has better reflexes than Wolverine or Sabertooth, has shown agility on par with Spider-man, is an excellent tactican and is leaps and bounds above Wolverine/Sabes in that department. If he is getting his normal weapons he also has better wepaons than everyone in the match put together. Has battled people far more dangerous than Wolverine/Sabertooth combined.

So once again how is he the weak link in this match???? confused

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by newjak86
DS is the weak link???????

If anything he may be the deadliest combatant in the match.

He has better reflexes than Wolverine or Sabertooth, has shown agility on par with Spider-man, is an excellent tactican and is leaps and bounds above Wolverine/Sabes in that department. If he is getting his normal weapons he also has better wepaons than everyone in the match put together. Has battled people far more dangerous than Wolverine/Sabertooth combined.

So once again how is he the weak link in this match???? confused

thumb up
Thanks, when I saw the post I thought I was going to have to go through that

And, more on point, thats exactly right. He is a better tactician then Wolverine and Sabertooth combined on their best days. He reacts (not move, but reacts) on par with many speedsters. He's not the weak link here.

db_renji
Deathstroke a weak link? Never ever in a thousand years, will he ever be a weak link on any team. Deathstroke's skills and intellect would be a match for Wolverine and Sabretooth by himself. (See him beat the hell outta the Teen Titans and JLA)

Add the unorthodox style of Deadpool and my friends we have the makin of an 8/10 majority on our hands.

With some tough battles in between, I say these guys clear it or at least come close.

SpunkySmurph
Mmhmm. Unless he's paired with like... Thor

Really, if anything, Wolverine would be the weakest in that fight

Metalmanx
Oh give me a break. Assuming they get past #3, they have a VERY good chance of making it all the way to #8, which I can't see them beating.

But #4-#7 they're definitely able to get through. Torch and Iron Man are probably the most difficult out of all of their opponents between #4 and #7.

But again, I'm still not sure they make it past #3.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Oh give me a break. Assuming they get past #3, they have a VERY good chance of making it all the way to #8, which I can't see them beating.

But #4-#7 they're definitely able to get through. Torch and Iron Man are probably the most difficult out of all of their opponents between #4 and #7.

But again, I'm still not sure they make it past #3.

Are you talking to me? Because I only agreed with you... confused

Anyways...

Yeah. I was trying to think of the best method to subdue the two members of the FF

Metalmanx
Are you talking to me? Because I only agreed with you... confused

Anyways...

Yeah. I was trying to think of the best method to subdue the two members of the FF

Nah, I know you agree with me. I was talking to some of the members of the Wolverine fan-club up there. I just didn't feel like quoting.

You and I are on the same page, my friend. rock

darthgoober
If they had their standard equipment(like Slade's meta grenades), they could make it to 8 or 9 conceivably. But since they only have normal melee weapons and firearms, I don't know how much damage they could do to the likes of Rogue or Ironman.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Nah, I know you agree with me. I was talking to some of the members of the Wolverine fan-club up there. I just didn't feel like quoting.

You and I are on the same page, my friend. rock

Oh, ok, I'm glad. wink big grin

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by darthgoober
If they had their standard equipment(like Slade's meta grenades), they could make it to 8 or 9 conceivably. But since they only have normal melee weapons and firearms, I don't know how much damage they could do to the likes of Rogue or Ironman.

How high resistance does Rogue have?

darthgoober
How high resistance does Rogue have?
I don't know exactly how high it is, but I remember bullets from an assault rifle bouncing off her in X-Men #10.

SpunkySmurph
Hasn't DS used his equip to take down such powerful enemies in the past?
If not, they may be able to simply outlast her

SpunkySmurph
After all, I love Gambit, but I think he COULD me taken out the fastest. In fact, I'm fairly sure

Darth Martin
They get to 6. Nice gaunlet SpunkySmurph smile

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Darth Martin
They get to 6. Nice gaunlet SpunkySmurph smile

Thanks cool

I'm starting to like gauntlets alot more. If you do them properly, and don't screw up the order or the rules, they can be a good gauge for a character.

Darth Martin
Thanks cool

I'm starting to like gauntlets alot more. If you do them properly, and don't screw up the order or the rules, they can be a good gauge for a character. wink Gotta love the gaunlets braz does. He can make some really creative ones.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Darth Martin
wink Gotta love the gaunlets braz does. He can make some really creative ones.

Mhhmm.

Anyways, why do you say they stop at six?

braz
is Ms Marvel the version of Rogue that can fly and has invulnerability? if so, then iont see how theyd get past 3, but if otherwise, like movie Rogue, who just has the power to absorb other peoples energy or powers via touching, then id say they get to 6 and stop.

cool gauntlet.

geshien
anyways, as far as beating team 3, i see no problem. gambit said he would never tangle with DP once, simply because he felt he couldn't go toe to toe with him. so gambit, even as much as i like him, i don't even see him as a real factor. he's like the side dish.

as far as rogue goes, not neccessarily a huge problem. DS will take care of her. we're talkin about a guy who uses 90% of his brain. not sure how'd he do it but he'd find a way. besides if rogue tried to grab either of them, which wouldn't be eays, and attempted to drain them they could just cut of a limb and regrow it.

DS took out (for the life of me i can't remember his name) a superhuman speed freak (one of the flash characters-but don't quote me on that because i'm not entirely sure) using tact. he estimated his velocity and where he would go next. thus impaling him.

and DP is really an underated character. the whole thing over who would win between either wolvie or DP is truely a matter of opinion. i don't care who wrote what in what book about there fights, i look at them as evenly matched. the problem and exception between this fued is a matter of fan base versus logic.

ok, wolvie has adamantium, nothing DP can do about that. DP is immortal, nothing wolvie can do about that. in my opinion DP is a better fighter than wolvie. wolive is a superb fighter but when it comes down to it his fighting feroicty comes from his primal rage. hard to combat an animal that knows kung-fu. but is still see DP as a better fighter when it comes right down to it.

as much as DP loves to fight, his head never truely seems to be in it. of coures that's what makes him so great but ya know, for sayings sake.

as far as issues of fights they've had. welp, in issue 88, DP more or less handed wolvie his ass. now you can argue that logan's healing factor was turned to chit but you gotta appreciate how DP did it. he did indeed high tail it at the end but that was more towards the reason that kane and copycat were there as well. not just logan.

the issue where wolvie gutted DP in return. well he beat him, fair and square. no way around that. the fight, btw, was a great one.

i've seen other issues where the two tangled but i've never really seen one out do the other. i've only really seen stalemates. ie. i remember one issue where both of them were on the same page, well toward the end. logan bought wade a beer. in the begining however there was this great part where logan was more or less tearing into wade, and everytime he slashed at him, wade would say "ow." big grin at one point wade threw his sword at logan impaling him to a wall, essentially giving him the "i'll deal with you later, so stick around routine"

ethier way, i think both are on par with one another. each has an advantage over the other. where wade isn't indestructable he's immortal and has a superiour healing factor. where logan doesn't have immortallity or quite a strong healing factor he has a blind feroicity and an indestrucable skeleton with claws to boot.

now that i've said my peace on that. i'd say they could get to 8, not without difficulty.

here's my run down:

daredevil and elektra, just not diverse or powerful enough to take out the likes of DS and DP. DP is just as good as daredevil and DS would, i think beat both DD and elektra

this next one is more or less the same. batman would give em both a run for there money but in the end could lose to either mono e mono (especially to DS). nightwing is cool, but he's no match for either.

3 i already said what i think would happen...

spiderman and blackcat, hmm. well no one can discredit the webslinger but DS is too much of a match for spidey and DP is on the same level i think. they fought once before. a stalemate. blackcat, meh, i see DP hitting on her then planting a bomb on her. ;p

wolvie and sabes? well this is an amazing, knock down, drag out, kick ass fight, seeing DS as last man standing.

it's fan 4 not 2. now not to take anything away from either ben or johnny but when i comes to strategy it all befalls upon reed. no reed, no win. DS is just too smart and would exploit weaknesses in both the thing and the human torch. spiderman alone has given the fan 4 a tough time, what do you think these two would do with just the thing and johnny to face?

cap and iron. this is a real tough one but i still see both DS and DP winning this one at least 1/2 the time. iron man is mucho powerful but a real pansy. caps is a great stratigest but horribly straight laced. DP gave cap a run for his money and only failed to take him out due to the fact that he wasn't just fighting cap, but the entire team of the avengers. iron man, well as tough as he is, he relies on a suit, a suit that can be destroyed. not easily but it still can be. DS is really good at this kinda thing. he'd figure a way to beat him and make him cry while he was at it, and then DP would make fun of him for being a pansy.

cable is a daunting obstacle, even if he is "un-god like." most of these fights would rely on DS's amazing brain and DP's unpredicablity, this one is no exception. DP runs interfernce while DS takes em out. domino is also a major factor. she's in no way shape or form a push over. and with her their telepathic link this one would really teat DS's strategy making and execution. a real hard fight.

the last fight though, geez i think not. that's just a bit too much. how do you fight a monsterous duo with tendrils, superhuman strength, superb healing abilities, and agility? even if venom has his weakness to fire and sonics, this is madness venom. a totally different creature altogether. a monster that slaps the juggernaught around like a like a two dollar hooker. and what exactly is maximum carnage? does cassidy actually become stronger? i'm familiar with the incredible power of madness venom but is there actually a maximum carnage? if this i just regular vanilla carnage, well that's still pretty formidable. we all know carnages ablities and he's an psychopath with a savage lust to kill. DS and DP have found there match and more as far as bloodlust is concerned with carnage. as good as DS and DP are, i foresee DS's plan going to shit, and DP abondoning him. exit stage left.

Wally West
My gut reaction is if they make it past Rogue they stop at the Fantastic Two, even without going nova Johnny is to dangerous and he and Ben would work together as a team better than their opponents. Ben also shouldn't be at to much risk from melee weapons and handguns.

geshien
hmm, good point. but i still say DS is too good a stratigest. and mind you, both DS and DP carry explosives.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by geshien
anyways, as far as beating team 3, i see no problem. gambit said he would never tangle with DP once, simply because he felt he couldn't go toe to toe with him. so gambit, even as much as i like him, i don't even see him as a real factor. he's like the side dish.

as far as rogue goes, not neccessarily a huge problem. DS will take care of her. we're talkin about a guy who uses 90% of his brain. not sure how'd he do it but he'd find a way. besides if rogue tried to grab either of them, which wouldn't be eays, and attempted to drain them they could just cut of a limb and regrow it.

DS took out (for the life of me i can't remember his name) a superhuman speed freak (one of the flash characters-but don't quote me on that because i'm not entirely sure) using tact. he estimated his velocity and where he would go next. thus impaling him.

and DP is really an underated character. the whole thing over who would win between either wolvie or DP is truely a matter of opinion. i don't care who wrote what in what book about there fights, i look at them as evenly matched. the problem and exception between this fued is a matter of fan base versus logic.

ok, wolvie has adamantium, nothing DP can do about that. DP is immortal, nothing wolvie can do about that. in my opinion DP is a better fighter than wolvie. wolive is a superb fighter but when it comes down to it his fighting feroicty comes from his primal rage. hard to combat an animal that knows kung-fu. but is still see DP as a better fighter when it comes right down to it.

as much as DP loves to fight, his head never truely seems to be in it. of coures that's what makes him so great but ya know, for sayings sake.

as far as issues of fights they've had. welp, in issue 88, DP more or less handed wolvie his ass. now you can argue that logan's healing factor was turned to chit but you gotta appreciate how DP did it. he did indeed high tail it at the end but that was more towards the reason that kane and copycat were there as well. not just logan.

the issue where wolvie gutted DP in return. well he beat him, fair and square. no way around that. the fight, btw, was a great one.

i've seen other issues where the two tangled but i've never really seen one out do the other. i've only really seen stalemates. ie. i remember one issue where both of them were on the same page, well toward the end. logan bought wade a beer. in the begining however there was this great part where logan was more or less tearing into wade, and everytime he slashed at him, wade would say "ow." big grin at one point wade threw his sword at logan impaling him to a wall, essentially giving him the "i'll deal with you later, so stick around routine"

ethier way, i think both are on par with one another. each has an advantage over the other. where wade isn't indestructable he's immortal and has a superiour healing factor. where logan doesn't have immortallity or quite a strong healing factor he has a blind feroicity and an indestrucable skeleton with claws to boot.

now that i've said my peace on that. i'd say they could get to 8, not without difficulty.

here's my run down:

daredevil and elektra, just not diverse or powerful enough to take out the likes of DS and DP. DP is just as good as daredevil and DS would, i think beat both DD and elektra

this next one is more or less the same. batman would give em both a run for there money but in the end could lose to either mono e mono (especially to DS). nightwing is cool, but he's no match for either.

3 i already said what i think would happen...

spiderman and blackcat, hmm. well no one can discredit the webslinger but DS is too much of a match for spidey and DP is on the same level i think. they fought once before. a stalemate. blackcat, meh, i see DP hitting on her then planting a bomb on her. ;p

wolvie and sabes? well this is an amazing, knock down, drag out, kick ass fight, seeing DS as last man standing.

it's fan 4 not 2. now not to take anything away from either ben or johnny but when i comes to strategy it all befalls upon reed. no reed, no win. DS is just too smart and would exploit weaknesses in both the thing and the human torch. spiderman alone has given the fan 4 a tough time, what do you think these two would do with just the thing and johnny to face?

cap and iron. this is a real tough one but i still see both DS and DP winning this one at least 1/2 the time. iron man is mucho powerful but a real pansy. caps is a great stratigest but horribly straight laced. DP gave cap a run for his money and only failed to take him out due to the fact that he wasn't just fighting cap, but the entire team of the avengers. iron man, well as tough as he is, he relies on a suit, a suit that can be destroyed. not easily but it still can be. DS is really good at this kinda thing. he'd figure a way to beat him and make him cry while he was at it, and then DP would make fun of him for being a pansy.

cable is a daunting obstacle, even if he is "un-god like." most of these fights would rely on DS's amazing brain and DP's unpredicablity, this one is no exception. DP runs interfernce while DS takes em out. domino is also a major factor. she's in no way shape or form a push over. and with her their telepathic link this one would really teat DS's strategy making and execution. a real hard fight.

the last fight though, geez i think not. that's just a bit too much. how do you fight a monsterous duo with tendrils, superhuman strength, superb healing abilities, and agility? even if venom has his weakness to fire and sonics, this is madness venom. a totally different creature altogether. a monster that slaps the juggernaught around like a like a two dollar hooker. and what exactly is maximum carnage? does cassidy actually become stronger? i'm familiar with the incredible power of madness venom but is there actually a maximum carnage? if this i just regular vanilla carnage, well that's still pretty formidable. we all know carnages ablities and he's an psychopath with a savage lust to kill. DS and DP have found there match and more as far as bloodlust is concerned with carnage. as good as DS and DP are, i foresee DS's plan going to shit, and DP abondoning him. exit stage left.

I love it when I bother to read long posts and end up agreeing with almost every point.

I might give a more detailed response later

geshien
lol, and i await such with antici......PAtion

SpunkySmurph

Agreed, though I'd like tosee scans of this.

Finally someone who sees things my way. Though, I think a fair way for her to lose is to grab DP- He'd regenerate, but she'd become insane.

Again, agreed. And DP has a majorly big arsenal at his disposal

But, on KMC, where everyone fights to the best of their ability, that isnt a problem wink

here's my run down:

Again, agreed. They're both potentially capable of soloing it, IMO

Heres one place where you have to be careful: on average, Nightwing is a low threat. But, he's an expert with dealing with DS. He knows Slade inside out. However, the Wilsons' still take this of course, but it wont be that easy

Another tricky call. DS is not a match for Spidey, but, playing their best, he could stall long enough for DP, playing at his best, to take out BC,

Again, agreed. Good post.

And here is where I think they stop. However, winning is not out of the question. The best bet is if they quickly double team Cap and take him out, before taking on Tony

Finally some respect for Domino. In retrospect, however, its possible I should have put them beneath the last two. Either of them would get about a 5/10 with Domino, maybe giving DS a 6/10. Actually, if DS takes on Domino and DP takes on Cable, they can win. DP knows Cable and has given him a serious run for his money in the past.

I actually didnt intend for them to clear this anyways.

geshien
i do actually agree more so on the whole cap and ironman bout. simply due to the fact that ironman has such sheer power. however, stark is still stark. he never had a terribly strong willpower or resolve, at least in my opinion. if someone else was running the suit, someone more suitable (no pun intended), then the fight most definitely ends there.

and now that i rethink the last scenario, i didn't really factor in just a barrage of grenades being tossed at them. it's a crap shoot but it could work, especially with DS. look what he did to flash. he could strategically place grenades everywhere, ultimately putting venom and carnage at a severe disadvantage, even if venoms durability has been given a serious boost.

geshien
http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Deadpool

for the gambit bit, look in the trivia section.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by marveldatabase
The X-Man Gambit has such respect for Deadpool's fighting abilities that he once paid him off rather than risk battling him, admitting that fighting Deadpool is tantamount to suicide.

smile

Oh, and -bump-

guy222
Deadpool and Deathstroke take on a gauntlet of Deadly Duos!
-Full time to heal and rest after each match.
-Both get normal melee weapons and handguns
-Takes place on an abandoned New York street, starting two blocks -from each other
-How far do they get?

1.Daredevil and Elektra

2.Batman (Nomex Suit, normal gadgets) and Nightwing

3.Gambit and Rogue (Ms. Marvel)

4.Spiderman (Classic) and Black Cat

5.Wolverine and Sabertooth

6.Thing and Human Torch (No Nova)

7.Captain America and Ironman

8.Domino and Cable (Non-God-like)

9.Madness Venom and Maximum Carnage

don't make it past 1

Darth Martin
Stop real hard at three.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.