Galactus vs. Dormammu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Both at average power.

Endless Mike
How come no one ever responds to my threads?

darthgoober
I seem to remember something about Dormammu getting in some good shots on Eternity, so Galactus would only have a chance at full power.

General Kon-El
good match. interesting match. Cosmic vs. Magic. I must hand it to Dormammu 6/10

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Both at average power.

Dormammu

xmeat
How come no one ever responds to my threads? i know what you mean.

TricksterPriest
Dormammu gets whupped by Strange alot. But then again, that's Dr. Strange. Can't call it. Agamotto got owned by Big G, how close is he to Galactus?

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat
i know what you mean.

It happens

long pig
I'd say they're at the same level of power. But, that doesn't mean it's a draw. Galactus has little to no defense to magic, he's a being of science and has flat out said he doesn't understan it.

Slight edge to Dorm.

Mider999
i thought they stalemated big g and agemotto galactus could not kill him evey time he destroyed him he kept returning.

bigbran
Originally posted by darthgoober
I seem to remember something about Dormammu getting in some good shots on Eternity, so Galactus would only have a chance at full power. I also remember Eternity snuffing him out like a candle.
How many times have they really fought?
Originally posted by Mider999
i thought they stalemated big g and agemotto galactus could not kill him evey time he destroyed him he kept returning. Ya.

TricksterPriest
Average for Galactus isn't good given the amount of jobbing he's done. Dormammu's average is pretty good. Agamotto was also in his own dimension, is this in Dormmamu's realm? If not, Galactus stomps him.

King Kandy
Dormammu hurt Eternity in Eternity's realm.

And this wasn't any M-Body he fought, the universe actualy took Eternity's shape and duked it out with Dormammu. The result is that Dormammu got dimensionally splattered and Eternity got kind out knocked out for a couplde weaks.

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Average for Galactus isn't good given the amount of jobbing he's done. Dormammu's average is pretty good. Agamotto was also in his own dimension, is this in Dormmamu's realm? If not, Galactus stomps him. Ha! Hippo-crite.

Your favorite character is some big blue b*tch, and you talk about someone else jobbing?

Mider999
come on people lets keep it civil

WorldWarHulk
come on people lets keep it civil Like Cival War?
I agree.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Ha! Hippo-crite.

Your favorite character is some big blue b*tch, and you talk about someone else jobbing?

Wow, how irrelevant.

You might actually try and read some comics with Apoc, instead of what's being said over the net. He ISN'T the complete jobber people make him out to be...

come on people lets keep it civil

Never mind bigbran, he's just being a dick as ever.

Mider999
oh and i like Apoc so lay of him not his fault marvel wrighters always have there characters acting like jobbfests

complexbrother
This even isn't a fight. Galactus would win this easily.

golem370
Didn't Strange help Dormammu against Eternity? Also hasn't Strange used help from other elder gods to fight Dormammu?

golem370
Galactus has fought Shuma Gorath or Agamotto or have fought both.

boriquaking55
Galactus with incredible ease.

The whole Strange/Dormammu confronting Eternity deal was massive PIS. How can people not see it?

the Darkone
Galactus wins 10/10, Odin and Dormammu are consider equals. Mephisto is higher than doramammu and he got served by Galactus, Galactus stalemated Agammato before the other Vishanti appeared. Agammato is light years above Doramammu.

celestialdemon
Galactus wins this. Dormammu is powerful, but lets think rational here. Galactus is simply a higher power.

Bouboumaster
Galactus make Dormammu his *****.

Ethereal
Galactus would eventually do what he did to mephisto's realm...a good fight, then G would have to absorb it, or leave..

Skeets
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus wins 10/10, Odin and Dormammu are consider equals. Mephisto is higher than doramammu and he got served by Galactus, Galactus stalemated Agammato before the other Vishanti appeared. Agammato is light years above Doramammu.
I wouldn't put Mephisto above Dormammu.

Utrigita
I would put him slightly above dormammu not much really but yet Living Tribunal is patrolling his realms as well, as far as i know he isn't patrolling dormammus maybe its because that dormammu isn't a character that is a part of some balance, but i would still put mephisto slightly above Dormammu, Mephisto nearly stalemating Galactus when Agametto couldn't that some feat.

Skeets
Originally posted by Utrigita
I would put him slightly above dormammu not much really but yet Living Tribunal is patrolling his realms as well, as far as i know he isn't patrolling dormammus maybe its because that dormammu isn't a character that is a part of some balance, but i would still put mephisto slightly above Dormammu, Mephisto nearly stalemating Galactus when Agametto couldn't that some feat.
Yeah,and Silver Surfer flat out over powered Mephisto in his own realm.
Strange has whooped his ass,the list goes on.Mephisto gets beaten way to much for me to put him above Dormammu who only loses to Strange and his plot devices.

Evil_Ash
I think someone needs to make a Dormammu respect thread...

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Utrigita

Aggamotto achieved the same feat as Mephisto did. And Dormammu is depicted as the more powerful of the two. Strange invoked Mephisto and trapped in a Daredevil book just to talk with the hell lord. But Strange has never invoke Dormammu and trapped him like he did Meph. He's only invoked Dormammu's name in his early days and he's stopped that altogether nowadays.

Galactus would win 7/10.

guy222
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Aggamotto achieved the same feat as Mephisto did. And Dormammu is depicted as the more powerful of the two. Strange invoked Mephisto and trapped in a Daredevil book just to talk with the hell lord. But Strange has never invoke Dormammu and trapped him like he did Meph. He's only invoked Dormammu's name in his early days and he's stopped that altogether nowadays.

Galactus would win 7/10.

Great point. How r u

Ethereal
I always figured it was like this is the hierarchy:

Agamotto
Dormammu
Mephisto

the Darkone
Originally posted by Ethereal
I always figured it was like this is the hierarchy:

Agamotto
Dormammu
Mephisto

To my knowledge is always been

Agamotto : stalemated Galactus
Vishanti
Shuma-Groth
Mephisto : owned by Galactus
Dormammu
Umar

guy222
To my knowledge is always been

Agamotto : stalemated Galactus
Vishanti
Shuma-Groth
Mephisto : owned by Galactus
Dormammu
Umar

Dormammu has defeated Eternity

the Darkone
Originally posted by guy222
Dormammu has defeated Eternity

because there was a cosmic rift, other than that it's a major PIS. Not worth talking about. As the same for spider-man defeating firelord, get a clue.

the Darkone
Agamotto>> other two vishanti memebers>>> shuma-groth>>>> mephisto>>>>Dormammu=Odin( and this has been stated in comic when they were playing cosmic chess, and Odin won)

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Never mind bigbran, he's just being a dick as ever. ...

You're a dick.

Red Hulk
And Galactus wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Red Hulk
And Galactus wins.

Where's the train throwing scan? sad

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Enyalus
Where's the train throwing scan? sad
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/FF123-07.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/FF123-09.jpg

That's some foolproof stuff right there.

Mindset
lmao Galactus looks hilarious

WhiteWitchKing
Great point. How r u

Doing great. Hope you're feeling the same.

janus77
Galactus wins, with ease 10000/10000

WhiteWitchKing
Agamotto>> other two vishanti memebers>>> shuma-groth>>>> mephisto>>>>Dormammu=Odin( and this has been stated in comic when they were playing cosmic chess, and Odin won)

What the hell? That's ##$# ridiculous list you got there. It's as if you think Agamotto is the Superman of magic.

From what I recall, the Vishanti were weary if not even afraid of confronting Shuma Gorath after their last encounter. Also Dormammu is as powerful as any member of the Vishanti including Agamotto and has been stated by Strange before. Also where you get this idea that Mephisto is above Dormammu is beyond me. If Dormammu's fight with Eternity is PIS, then I don't see why Mephisto's fight with Galactus isn't.

Mephisto would get walked on by Dormammu in a fight, only way he'd win is through trickery and not power. Dormammu draws energy from followers of multiple dimensions he's consumed. Mephisto's got one part of hell. Meph travels back and forth to Earth, nothing really. Dormy shows up in Earth realm and Strange's shits himself. Yeah, Dormy does lose but so has Mephisto. It's Dr. Strange, who both have lost to.

The list goes like this:

Shuma Gorath & Vishanti
Dormammu, Hoggoth, Oshtur, & Agamotto
Odin & Mephisto

I'd give Galactus 6/10 against Dormammu in my opinion tho.

janus77
Galactus wasn't actually taking Agamotto seriously, when he confronted him in his dimension, was he?

iirc, he was actually being dismissive of Agamotto and more concerned about making himself heard.

if Galactus wanted to, he could easily have consumed the dimension.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by janus77
Galactus wasn't actually taking Agamotto seriously, when he confronted him in his dimension, was he?

iirc, he was actually being dismissive of Agamotto and more concerned about making himself heard.

if Galactus wanted to, he could easily have consumed the dimension.

Galactus doesn't take any body serious save Death and Eternity. Galactus is an ignorant, stubborn, pink wearing d!ckhead. That doesn't mean Galactus was more powerful than Agamotto, even Strange commented on Galactus' arrogance toward's Agamotto's power. Seeing as Strange has regular interactions with both character's, his comments are quite evident. Their fight was wrecking dimensions, a high end feat for both, above his fights with Tyrant. Both are around each other's power level.

No denying him consuming Agamotto's realm. But Agamotto's isn't just going to stand around.

guy222
Good to see ya friend

Galactus takes a slight majority

If he's weak, Dormy wins

Tenebrous
Galactus doesn't take any body serious save Death and Eternity. Galactus is an ignorant, stubborn, pink wearing d!ckhead.

i wouldn't go that far in describing him. He knows more about the nature of the cosmos than all non-abstracts. He knew how to locate Magus w/the cosmic cubes (recruiting strange for the express purpose of helping him, still, they all had no clue, save for big G, where magus was), understood what threat thanos w/ig was in "thanos quest" and was the initiator in bringing together the cosmic pantheon for discussion. The only major failing is the hunger story.

G's science is also>>>>reed's and thanos'. so he's certainly intelligent. his knowledge of magic is limited but he is a creature of science; no one would ever fault reed for not knowing much about magic, nor strange for not knowing too much science.

you could also cause agamotto ignorant and stubborn...he had no idea who exactly G was, so he was just as ignorant and stubborn as G in their confrontation.

janus77
No denying him consuming Agamotto's realm. But Agamotto's isn't just going to stand around.
that's an interesting question, but wasn't he consuming Mephisto's dimension as Mephisto tried to "fight" him? he just sort of "merged" into the dimension and began taking its power into himself.

Harbinger
Wait, isn't Dormy around Odin level? If so, shouldn't Big G stomp here?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Harbinger
Wait, isn't Dormy around Odin level? If so, shouldn't Big G stomp here? in his dimesion he above odin

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Nihilist
in his dimesion he above odin What does that have to do with the battle?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Tenebrous
i wouldn't go that far in describing him. He knows more about the nature of the cosmos than all non-abstracts. He knew how to locate Magus w/the cosmic cubes (recruiting strange for the express purpose of helping him, still, they all had no clue, save for big G, where magus was), understood what threat thanos w/ig was in "thanos quest" and was the initiator in bringing together the cosmic pantheon for discussion. The only major failing is the hunger story.

Him knowing about it does not mean he doesn't think he's above such things. And from IW, he walking looking for the person responsible for Eternity's comatose so he could kick it's a$s. Big G was also demanding Thanos to give up the IG, as if that were really going to happen. He got his butt whoop and still came back for more. Big G is a hard head but him being so does not mean he's more powerful than Agamotto.

But that's the thing, he doesn't know magic and was dismissing Agamotto's power due to Agy's choice of taking the form of a caterpillar - it didn't mean he was more powerful than Agy during the confrontation simply because he didn't take Agy seriously.

True, but their stubbornest towards one another and dismissive attitude in no way meant that either was more powerful than the other and that's my point.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by janus77
that's an interesting question, but wasn't he consuming Mephisto's dimension as Mephisto tried to "fight" him? he just sort of "merged" into the dimension and began taking its power into himself.

The only thing I can say in regards to this is I'd see Agy as a more potential threat than Mephisto is. According to Strange, Agy was a threat to Galactus and also basing on feats. The Eye of Agamotto is one of Strange's most potent weapon. For instance, it helped him boost Dormammu's power to hold back the Mindless Ones in their first encounter. But yeah, don't doubt Galactus' ability yet I'd say Agy could fatally wound him if Galactus' is distracted. I say that also because I could see Agy conjuring up other spells like the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to hold Galactus then proceed to attack Galactus.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Red Hulk
What does that have to do with the battle? loads

Silent Guardian
honestly Galactus would stomp all over Dormamu. I mean Strange kicks Dormamu's butt all the time and Strange would lose against Galactus no question.

Silent Guardian
in his dimesion he above odin

yea in his dimension. So why would they ever fight there?

SamZED
Bump
Wanna hear more opinions on this fight.

JakeTheBank
Galactus more often than not.

guy222
dormy still loses

the Darkone
Galactus

TheLordofMurder
Galactus 10/10...

Dommy isnt on Galactus's level...

Nihilist
Could Galactus absorb/devour Dormammus dimension?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/FF123-07.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/FF123-09.jpg

That's some foolproof stuff right there. It's a well-known fact that Dormammu's weakness is "trains". He has no defense against them.

G for the win.

Horrificus
Could Galactus absorb/devour Dormammus dimension? Good point.

Apparently, he was all ready to eat Aggy's realm.

Endless Mike
And Mephisto's

carver9
Galactus wins after a long fight.

Horrificus
And Mephisto's True.
You don't see him use his "devouring" as an attack very often.
It brings up some questions.

Also:
Has Galactus ever used his "Worldship" in battle?

Endless Mike
Well he absorbed it to prepare to fight the Beyonder, but Doom jacked the power for himself

Horrificus
Well he absorbed it to prepare to fight the Beyonder, but Doom jacked the power for himself Right.

Didn't it contain it's own "sun" or something like that?

Anyway, I doubt if it is pleasant to be attacked by, or crashed into by a solar-system-sized ship.

Endless Mike
Korvac also got lots of power from it

Horrificus
Korvac also got lots of power from it So, where is he parking that damned thing every time he visits Earth?!

Endless Mike
Do you drag your house with you every time you go to a restaurant?

Horrificus
Do you drag your house with you every time you go to a restaurant? Good point.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Horrificus
Good point.

Apparently, he was all ready to eat Aggy's realm. Originally posted by Endless Mike
And Mephisto's That was my thinking, dont see why he cant do it here

Horrificus
That was my thinking, dont see why he cant do it here
I agree.

Unless somebody explains why he can't, I would say he can.

zopzop
Good point.

Apparently, he was all ready to eat Aggy's realm.

I may be misremembering that event, but I'm almost 100% sure it was never stated that he was devouring or getting ready to devour Agamotto's realm. The fight stopped because the other two members of the Vishanti stepped in and told him to stop because he was embarrassing himself "stooping to the level of a Galactus".

zopzop
True.
You don't see him use his "devouring" as an attack very often.
It brings up some questions.

How many times has Galactus devoured a realm? I can only think of the one time he used this trick vs Mephisto. It's like Thor's "soul suck" attack. Used once in over 40 years of the characters comic appearance.

Endless Mike
He also used it on Hyperstorm, to devour hyperspace

zopzop
He also used it on Hyperstorm, to devour hyperspace

Nope he was actually devouring Hyperstorm's energy. Feeding off him supposedly for all eternity.

EDIT :
Scans -
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/hyper-beaten2.jpg
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/hyper-beaten3.jpg

Endless Mike
Yes but it said he was devouring hyperspace too IIRC

Also in the Black Celestial Saga he was absorbing the universe

zopzop
Yes but it said he was devouring hyperspace too IIRC

He was devouring hyperspace energies that Hyperstorm had access to. That's about it, he wasn't devouring the realm of Hyperspace.

Yes, but you remember how he accomplished that? The Black Celestial, Tiamut, altered Galactus while he was recovering on Earth. It was the Black Celestial's doing.

Endless Mike
I just interpreted it as him removing Galactus' inhibitions of using his powers

zopzop
I just interpreted it as him removing Galactus' inhibitions of using his powers

He did more than that, he altered his physiology. The text was "he (Tiamut) dreamed him (Galactus) whole........but altered".

Endless Mike
That's what I meant - his ability to control his powers so they wouldn't just keep going out of control

Utrigita
Originally posted by zopzop
Nope he was actually devouring Hyperstorm's energy. Feeding off him supposedly for all eternity.

EDIT :
Scans -
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/hyper-beaten2.jpg
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/hyper-beaten3.jpg

Yes but Hyperstorm was stated as a living conduit into hyperspace, so I think Endless Mikes mentioning of Galactus trying to devour Hyperspace is a accurate comparison.

guy222
did g really consume em or marvel not returned em to comicdom

hmm

quanchi112
Galactus.

DTM
To me Galactus is much more powerful than Dormmamu. Galactus fought Aggamotto in his own realm and did fine, he fought Mephisto in his own realm and was winning (so really, no weakness to G against magic IMO), so unless Dormy is fighting Galactus in the Dark Dimension, G takes this almost every time. If they were the same power level, no way Dr. Strange would be Dormammu's arch enemy, as Galactus pretty routinely handles him like a fly.

guy222
how would galactus fare against eternity

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Bump

Adam Grimes
how would galactus fare against eternity

stick out tongue sad

MrMind
Originally posted by abhilegend
Bump

I still haven't read that issue yet

who won?

abhilegend
Galactus, but he was amped.

Genii96
Galactus just oneshotted him after being sated

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
Galactus just oneshotted him after being sated
Galactus was evolving in the magic realm, not normal Galactus.

MrMind
not that it matters, he's gonna job to buncha herald levels next issue lol

more of a low feat for dormammu, but then again what's new, fight of two jobbers

eaebiakuya
Galactus in other issue one shoted a demon being who was Dormammu rival for ages. It is clear that Galactus is far stronger.

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Galactus in other issue one shoted a demon being who was Dormammu rival for ages. It is clear that Galactus is far stronger.
Strange noted Galactus was starting to change by eating the magical planet.

He was also unable to break free from Dr Strange's spell until he lost focus.

eaebiakuya
And...?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/h3oe9k0qTWBWWzflDVF3cYTqSMj-bgz24Yuwt3KnIVWHIueW6O74G1fNvr_1LPNOn6Z4xg5LB-ZvKg-socrG7XBP7x9WlfViQrMVbWkXzeR7Q2y6paBCLLMY-QME8HyMzNTLUhnIsA=s1600

You think Dormammu is much, much stronger than Misan-ha-Gorath?

Also, if Galactus is not stronger than Dormammu, why Dormammu wanted his power so much?

abhilegend
Maybe, maybe not. But it wasn't standard Galactus who struggled with Dr Strange AFTER that who was 1/5th as powerful as Misan.

Because Galactus broke down the rules of magic by his presence.

Stoic
Galactus just ate Dormammu, he looks to be a Multiversal force at this point, and is about to eat the entire realm of magic. He's not even hungry at this point, everything that he does seems to be out of pure gluttony.

cdtm
Dormammu the Dominatrix.

leonidas
it is obvious galactus would slaughter dormmy. this is spite at this point given the complete ease with which he has now been shown to be able to devour and amp off magic. this is def something new, though his ability to absorb magic has been hinted at in the past--ie mephisto's realm. still, we've seen nothing to this level. he instantly absorbed an entity capable of battling lt (quick, insert lt lowballing!!11! lol).

this thread is obvious enough now to be closed. i doubt there is a magical entity in marvel that would stand a chance against him, but we'll see what happens next issue. /shrug

carver9
He already stomped Dormammu.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
it is obvious galactus would slaughter dormmy. this is spite at this point given the complete ease with which he has now been shown to be able to devour and amp off magic. this is def something new, though his ability to absorb magic has been hinted at in the past--ie mephisto's realm. still, we've seen nothing to this level. he instantly absorbed an entity capable of battling lt (quick, insert lt lowballing!!11! lol).

this thread is obvious enough now to be closed. i doubt there is a magical entity in marvel that would stand a chance against him, but we'll see what happens next issue. /shrug
Let's ignore that he changed his nature by eating a magical planet first, shall we?

Genii96
Yeah, Galactus pretty much stomps, he could simply do to doramammu what he did to misan-ha-gorath

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Let's ignore that he changed his nature by eating a magical planet first, shall we?

Well it appears that his nature would change if he ate anything that was magical, providing that whatever it was that he did eat was enough to cause the change. You could remove the planet and insert the Casket of Ancient Winters, and the change may occur under this writer. He definitely must have a limit, because the comic did state that he was no longer in need of sustenance. Or, perhaps he has no cap in this new state? All that I gathered from the encounter with Dormammu, was that Galactus was far above him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.