Willow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
I love Willow. I watched it all the time as a child. And have not long bought it on DVD Warwick Davis is a great actor. Has anone else seen it?

vintageSW77
Cant stand it
Lucas wasted his time on this when he should have been doing Star Wars Episode 7
Good to see Warwick Davis getting knocked out by Ricky Gervais on EXTRAS for crimes against cinema
e.g
Willow
Leprechaun in the hood
his appearance in Harry Potter
and those annoying Learn to Read adverts
Lord of the Rings....yeah i know he wasnt in them but i bet he was pissed not to be and i cant stand those either....maybe i dont like elves or dwarves in movies...unless they are inside a droid or an Ugnaught,Jawa, or Ewok suit

aniron
ok you're clearly a star wars geek! Star wars is very VERY boring.

Willow is a cute little story that makes people laugh today! Its a film that can be passed on through generations. Its really good. I don't normally like Gerogre Lucas at all it's the only good film ge's made as far as I know.

aniron
That and Labrynth. and EXTRAS was good. Bu Warwick is good and Harry potter is a worst piece of filth. don't mention it in my threads!

vintageSW77
Star Wars FAN...not GEEK..........theres a difference!!
Willow can make people laugh today???...It was on the other month whilst i was at my sisters and her two kids FELL ASLEEP!!!...........just before i did.

Have you got a thing for "the little people" ?

BTW Harry Potter is Citizen f*****g Kane next to Willow!!!!!

aniron
willow is a classic harry potter is plagerism theres a difference!

the kids are obviously loose with their imagination. have you learnt cling on fan?

zslick
Dude that midget is in harry potter ps i love the movie

aniron
I know I'm gutted. but i'm putting down to a mid-life crisis. glad u love the movie. the dogs at the start are well scary!!!

EPIIIBITES
"Willow"...also known as..."Lucas Couldn't Get the Rights to Lord of the Rings So He Does a Blatant Rip-Off of Tolkein".

...liked it though. big grin

roughrider
Originally posted by aniron
ok you're clearly a star wars geek! Star wars is very VERY boring.

Willow is a cute little story that makes people laugh today! Its a film that can be passed on through generations. Its really good. I don't normally like Gerogre Lucas at all it's the only good film ge's made as far as I know.

I originally thought I liked it as a teenager - but then I read The Lord Of The Rings, and found Willow too much of a rip-off to take seriously anymore ( unlike Star Wars, which synthesized a vast amount of sources to make an original.) And it has much of the annoying cutesyness of early Ron Howard films. The baby is a red herring too - a great power to threaten the Queen? roll eyes (sarcastic) All she does is mug for the camera again and again ( look at the baby for easy laughs. Nice going, Ron.) With the REAL LOTR on film, plus other superior fantasy fare from the last decade - and the fact George Lucas finally delivered us more Star Wars - I couldn't care to watch this film again, at all. The rest of the public never much cared about it, either.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by aniron
willow is a classic harry potter is plagerism theres a difference!

the kids are obviously loose with their imagination. have you learnt cling on fan?

Cling on(sic) fan??
Wrong movie and although i hate to point this out its actually spelt KLINGON.
I aint a big fan of HP but id rather watch one of those than Willow.

aniron
you guess analize to much! when I was little I used to sit in on a rainy day and watch willow. it's a great childhood reminder. And is cute. I LOVE the brownies!!!!

vintageSW77
Ah The Brownies...two Jar Binks for the price of one!!!!!
NOT GOOD!

Robby001
Originally posted by zslick
Dude that midget is in harry potter ps i love the movie

He is also in Star Wars Episode One, at the Pod Races.... big grin

aniron
is he! fair do's warwick rules!

Ultraman Baltan
"Wanna breed?"
Single greatest quote ever. So yes, "Willow" was a fantastic movie. Full of imagination and great acting.

pr1983
I always liked willow, and i wish i could find it on dvd... all fairy tales are a rip off in one way or another, its up to us as viewers to watch these movies and see if they use their inspiration in the right way, and i think willow did...

and yes, i also like star wars...

vintageSW77

pr1983
lol, to each their own i say...

WrathfulDwarf
Willow is the character Warwick Davis should have exploit a lot more. Instead he chose Leprichaun....bad movie career move.

aniron
you can get willow on dvd in HMV to!
I love it when the brownies are trying to find their way and they are going:

brownie 1: "this way"

brownie 2: "this way?"

brownie 2: "thats what I saiDA!!!!!!"

jst think they're funny. Mad martigan is hilariau. The best line is

" what are you looking at?"

"your leg, I'd like to break it!"

ahhhhhhhhh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.