X-Men 3 The Last Stand (Yeah Right)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
Anybody else been waiting for this DVD to come out. It finally comes out tomorrow.

I don't know how I'm going to get it though since I've been saving up my money for an iPod and refuse to spend it on anything else.

Maybe a miracle will happen b/c I really want this movie. HALLE BERRY is in it people!!!!!!!!!!

Do you COMPREHEND the significance of that!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, cooling down, I want to make sure I get the Limited/Special Edition and I know that won't stay out for long so I need to try and get it early.

I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I can get some pity money from a relative. We'll see.

So what do you others think about this DVD. Are you looking forward to seeing the alternate endings.

There have been so many said endings although everybody mostly claims to have seen the one we all saw which involves Xavier not actually being dead.

Well, what do you all have to say? Getting it tomorrow? Limited/Special Edition?

Is It Comprehensible.....

Poo Face
Take a deep breath! Settle down. It will all work out.

Solo
One of the worst movies of this year, absolutely dreadful.

Poo Face
I can't wait to see the alternative 'Brokeback' ending with Ice Man and Cyclops.

masterkit
Originally posted by Poo Face
I can't wait to see the alternative 'Brokeback' ending with Ice Man and Cyclops.

XD

o yeh and DVD talk forum eek!

InnerRise
Take a deep breath! Settle down. It will all work out. It better. If it doesn't, I'm coming for you.

is it comprehensible.....

H. S. 6
That movie was a severe disappointment. You really need to get over your hard-on for Halle Berry.

InnerRise
Originally posted by H. S. 6
That movie was a severe disappointment. You really need to get over your hard-on for Halle Berry. Why shouldn't I like Halle Berry?

erm

ADarksideJedi
She is a good actess but I would not go see that movie.Only because I did not like the other two x-man!Keep your tomatos to yourself til I am done with this post thank you!jmtomatosurrender

InnerRise
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
She is a good actess but I would not go see that movie.Only because I did not like the other two x-man!Keep your tomatos to yourself til I am done with this post thank you!jmtomatosurrender I'll spare you this time.

Ultraman Baltan
I absolutely loved it. One of the best films of the year. Beast was a great cover for Nightcrawler. Everyone's just mad because Brian Singer left. It was so much better than "Superman Returns" by leaps and bounds.

ADarksideJedi
Oh thank you dear lady or man.jmpray

InnerRise
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Oh thank you dear lady or man.jmpray ranting

You know what I am!!!!!

It's posted on here.

Act Right!!!

is it COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Solo
I think she's an awful actress, and I don't find her attractive either.

InnerRise
When did this X-Men DVD thread become focused on Halle Berry???

I like it.

drool

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by H. S. 6
That movie was a severe disappointment. You really need to get over your hard-on for Halle Berry.

Thats why unlike X1 and X2 im not in a hurry to get this one.

InnerRise
But why was it a disappointment?

Koenig
I shall wait another year or so before buying X3

bakerboy
I liked the movie, worse than the previous ones, but still good.

InnerRise
IT WORKED OUT!!!

I just ordered the X-Men 3 DVD online and I should have already arrived at my home when I go home this weekend along with my UTADA HIKARU ULTRA BLUE ALBUM!!!

Take a deep breath! Settle down. It will all work out.

You lucked out this time.

I didn't believe you a'tall.

You disgust me for being so right.

mhm

But I'm still get it.

youpi

Wolfie
Yeah... who would've thought an ordinary person can get ahold of a DVD?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Wolfie
Yeah... who would've thought an ordinary person can get ahold of a DVD? You know NOTHING of the matter so mind yours fool.

mhm

is it comprehensible

Poo Face
Oh man, that deleted scene where Storm shoots lightening through Wolverine's one set of claws, then it comes out the other claws and electrocutes Juggernaut, well it was too funny to be in the movie, but it was a good idea.

InnerRise
Please posts spoilers.

Some of us haven't seen the DVD yet.

Um, and no it wasn't too funny to be in the movie. It should have been in the movie. It was a very good action scene.

Robtard
Why do you end all your post with "is it comprehensible....."?

X-Men 3 blew chunks, that movie was an insult to the loyal fans of the franchise, me being one of them. I'm still angry over it. Good news though, they are making a Wolverine movie, hopefully they'll get Bryan Singer or Sam Raimi to direct, those two can make a decent superhero flick, unlike the douche bag in X-Men 3.

is it comprehensible...

InnerRise
Correct if I'm wrong, but the last 3 X-Men Movies have been Wolverine Movies basically.

He's the last X-Man that needs a spinoff.

How does one spinoff into their own movie from 3 Movies that were all about them anyway?

I find that funny and stupid.

mhm

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Silverstein
Originally posted by Robtard
Why do you end all your post with "is it comprehensible....."?

X-Men 3 blew chunks, that movie was an insult to the loyal fans of the franchise, me being one of them. I'm still angry over it. Good news though, they are making a Wolverine movie, hopefully they'll get Bryan Singer or Sam Raimi to direct, those two can make a decent superhero flick, unlike the douche bag in X-Men 3.

is it comprehensible...

lets hope Singer isnt obsessed about Wolverine from his childhood memories and makes a shit movie like what happened to Superman Returns. I prefer X3 over singers x1 and x2, only cuz Beast, and other things like danger room, more mutants.

and raimi isnt that great of a director.

Wolfie
Didn't Singer have a dispute with Fox and that's why he didn't direct X3 like he was contracted to? He'll probably do another Superman movie, not Wolverine.

I'm looking forward to Wolverine. It'll be about his origins, and that'll make an interesting flick.

Emma718
i do like X3, but some parts were dissapointing. But what can you do..i'll still get it on dvd anyways..

Question... InnerRise may i ask why do you say is it comprehensible in every post you do?

Wolfie
Originally posted by Emma718
Question... InnerRise may i ask why do you say is it comprehensible in every post you do?
If only there was a way to have some sort of "signature" at the bottom of all of our posts where we can write something like "is it comprehensible...."

But sadly, there is not as far as I know. So he'll just have to write it in every message he posts.

And he'll have to confuse anyone who doesn't know he does this. For they will disregard all of his posts, thinking, "Is what comprehensible?"

Silverstein
Didn't Singer have a dispute with Fox and that's why he didn't direct X3 like he was contracted to? He'll probably do another Superman movie, not Wolverine.

I'm looking forward to Wolverine. It'll be about his origins, and that'll make an interesting flick.

yeah Singer was thinking about directing another superman sequel even before Superman Returns was out in theatres, as well as a Batman vs Superman movie

Wolfie
Well, Batman vs. Superman has been kicked around for years. I don't see it happening.

lake1951
I am also an x-men fan so I ordered the special collector's edition dvd because it comes with a special commerative book by Stan Lee. Some of these are autographed ... which I thought was pretty interesting. The trilogy box set is also available but I haven't ordered it yet. I'm a real movie fan of all genres so I appreciate all the hard work that goes into acting, producing, directing, and writing screenplays. They work hard so we can enjoy their projects in our spare time.

Wolfie
Originally posted by lake1951
Some of these are autographed ... which I thought was pretty interesting. The trilogy box set is also available but I haven't ordered it yet.
Really autographed or just a picture of their signatures?

Wait. You bought the collector's edition of X3 and plan on buying the box set still?

pr1983
Halle Berry is the last thing i'd buy this movie for (actually, no, second last, after james marsden)...

berry dirtied her bib with me big time over the x-men movies, so i have no love for her at all...

i have the first two, and i'll admit i liked parts of the movie, so i think i'll be completing the set...

InnerRise
I finally got this movie. It came in the mail over the weekend. I still like it a lot.

I liked the extras as well. I think they should have kept some of the deleted scenes in the movie.

I loved how one time, Bret commented on how he shortened the fight scene at Jean's House b/c it was too long. The whole movie was too short so where does he get off saying a certain part was too long. It would have been better if he had kept some of the scenes in the movie.

At one point he even said how he wished he had kept a certain scene or scenes in the movie and that he made a mistake. UGH.

As I mentioned earlier, the fight sequence at Jeans' house was good and they shouldn't have shortened it. I liked STORM'S extra fighting with her lightening.

They did say however if they had kept the part where STORM shoots lightening into Wolverines claws to electricute Juggernaut, they would have been laughed at. Oh well.

Good movie still though.

I did notice that some stuff that was in the actual Movie in Theaters was taken out in the DVD movie and put in deleted scenes. I don't know why they did that. I thought as I was watching the movie that some things didn't feel right and later found out b/c they took some stuff out on the DVD and put them in Deleted Scenes so.....oh well again.

The alternate endings weren't as big a thing as everybody was making them out to be. In my opinion they should have used the scene where Rogue keeps her powers instead of the other one. But if they make another movie where they get their powers back, as Magneto seemed to be doing then it's all good.

I did watch at the end closely to see if he actually moved his chess piece b/c I missed it during the movie in theaters, but yes he did move it a bit. It was so little and the camera went off so abruptly in the movie that I missed it the first time I watched in theaters.

Although I stayed after the credits in the movie to see the extra scene, i forgot to on the DVD. I want to see it again, so I'll have to be sure to watch it next time.

Hopefully there will be another X-men Movie. I'm not done yet.

EDIT: What's on the Bonus Disc that Wal-Mart sells?

pr1983
Originally posted by InnerRise
They did say however if they had kept the part where STORM shoots lightening into Wolverines claws to electricute Juggernaut, they would have been laughed at. Oh well.

They'd have deserved being laughed at, its a pretty stupid idea... messed

InnerRise
I liked it.

Wolfie
I loved how one time, Bret commented on how he shortened the fight scene at Jean's House b/c it was too long. The whole movie was too short so where does he get off saying a certain part was too long. It would have been better if he had kept some of the scenes in the movie.
You take the length of the movie and decide when scenes are too long based on ratio. If a scene is 20 minutes long, it works well for a 3 hour movie, not a 1 1/2 hour movie.

I say this having not watched the deleted scenes yet (except for the alternate endings).

Is it comprehensible....

Still not having watched it, it does sound stupid. Something like that would put Wolverine in a coma or something, if not kill him.

Is it comprehensible....

I did notice that some stuff that was in the actual Movie in Theaters was taken out in the DVD movie and put in deleted scenes. I don't know why they did that. I thought as I was watching the movie that some things didn't feel right and later found out b/c they took some stuff out on the DVD and put them in Deleted Scenes so.....oh well again.
I think you're imagining things. If anyone tampers with the movie at all, adding or deleting scenes, they would have to submit it to the MPAA for a new rating or slap an "unrated" label on it.

Since it does say "PG-13" on the cover, I doubt they would've went through all the trouble to take scenes OUT and resubmit it to the MPAA. And still put those scenes in the deleted scenes area.

Is it comprehensible....

The alternate endings weren't as big a thing as everybody was making them out to be. In my opinion they should have used the scene where Rogue keeps her powers instead of the other one. But if they make another movie where they get their powers back, as Magneto seemed to be doing then it's all good.
No, they were disappointing.

The school one was the same thing as the ending left in the movie, just in a different location.

The Rogue one was interesting, but the one left in the movie is better. Storm was saying all that "There's nothing to cure. You're just fine," when it's easy for her to say. She's not blue and hairy. She doesn't put people into a coma when she touches them. There are certainly many mutants that want the cure, and Rogue should be among the top. To suddenly change her mind is quite unexpected.

The Wolverine ending I thought was interesting, but better left out of the movie. It gave me a feeling that over three movies, nothing was accomplished because Wolverine is back where he started.

Is it comprehensible....

EDIT: What's on the Bonus Disc that Wal-Mart sells?
It's basically the history of the comics.

Is it comprehensible....

Perhaps if you post it in the rest of your posts, someone will answer.

Is it comprehensible....

InnerRise
Nah. I'm not imagining things, b/c I saw it in theaters and I remember what was there and was not there. And they switched scenes on the DVD.

buffymitch
I live in Surianme , South America and i just imported a collectors edition from X-men. It was bought at target and i thought i would getthree comics with my dvd but instead i got a metal box and on comics that wa snot written by Stan lee and four collectible trading cards. was i mis informed. because i specifically said i wanted the one with the comic books. it does have a comic book s but not the one i expected. can any body pleas e help me?

InnerRise
You got one with a comic book. You got exactly what you asked for.

buffymitch
but they said it was a comic writen by stan lee and this one is written by Len wein. The information said three of Stan lee's favorite comics and 1 comic writen by stan lee. i didn't get that

InnerRise
You win some, you never get some.

buffymitch
Thanks for you for your kind words.

InnerRise
You're Welcome. I try very hard. wink

lake1951
Yes I'm going to buy the box set for one of my relatives for Christmas.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Silverstein
and raimi isnt that great of a director. Blasphemy!

I liked the movie, myself, because I was able to look past Brett Ratner's obvious failings as a director and focus on the story, which was a good one. I plan on getting the DVD once I stop being poor

ttandc
I thought the story was good but being a fan of the comic for the past 15+ years means that I can see just how much 20th century fox betrayed not only marvel but the fans as well. The storyline to this movie in NO WAY resembles the phoenix storyline in the comics. And in the marvel comics industry this storyline was the most famous storyline out of all. Bigger than any other titles of the time. I consider it disgraceful, to even imply that these to stories are the same. I'd love to hear what bryan singer had to say about this.

Wolfie
Consider that it isn't Hollywood's intention to translate a comic page into film exactly. X-Men isn't real, so the overall story is up for interpretation. I never saw a disclaimer saying, "This is exactly how it happened in the comic."

By the way, is anyone familiar with the Phoenix story in Ultimate X-Men, if there is one? The movies tend to be based on the Ultimate versions of the heroes.

ttandc
No can't say I've heard of the phoinex saga in the ultimate comics. And I do realise that they can't exactly go by what the comics say and do, but their is not one shred of resemblence from the comics storyline.

the short version

The X-men are saved by jean when their space craft starts to fall back to earth. Jean uses all of her power to save the x men but appears to die in the attempt. A few months pass and a person who looks like jean, has some of jeans memories, and jeans powers multiplied by a million, joins the x men and is codenamed phoinex. Even unto itself this person believes it's jean. After a battle with the hellfire club this person becomes brainwashed by a member of the hellfire club and becomes dark phoinex. Dark phoinex becomes unstable and starts destroying anything in her path. When an inevitable fight with the X-men comes, phoinex remembers the love for cyclops that jean has ( she still believes she's jean )and in a last attempt at sanity flies off into space.

ttandc
Unfortunately in space her power consumes her and takes her to a far off galaxy where she devours a sun thereby killing all life on the planets that orbit it. Months pass on earth and the x mansion appears to be hit by some kind of meteorite which turns out to be phoinex who looks to be at deaths door. She crashed on earth because she was being pursued by an intergalactic armada of alien vessels who are trying to kill her for destroying their people. Charles tries to reason with them and a trial is set. The verdict was that if the x men defeat their champions then the phoinex would be allowed to live on earth as long as she never leaves the planet again, if not then she would be put to death. The x -men lose the battle and phoinex is put to death. Years later the real gean gray is found in some kind of coma by the Avengers. Jean later explains that when she was dying in space she felt an unknown force enter her body and take away part of her very being berfore she went into a coma.

InnerRise
No mention of the rising from the water? shrug

So if the Phoenix was not really Jean Grey, then where was Jean Grey while in a Coma.

I thought that the Phoenix inhabited Jean Grey's body.

Wolfie
So Phoenix isn't really Jean, but just looks like her?

That's a plot that can only work in a comic book or cartoon, where it's expected to be unrealistic in ways. I like how they changed it in the movie, that plot is better suited for a live-action interpretation of the X-Men.

ttandc
InneRise

Jean had bean put into a coma and encased in a large capsule of some kind and sent to the bottom of the ocean for a year or two. And the raising water power seen in the movies is the complete opposite of the comic. Think of how jean looked near the end of X2 with the water coming down on her and flames starting to engulf her body. Multiply that flame effect by one hundred and make it take the form of a firery phoinex and you'll have an idea of what she looked like in the comic. NO WATER. And in the comic Juggernaught is not a mutant one of his favourite lines is "die mutie scum".

Wolfie

Really!? That's exactly the reason why I'm learning computer animation and design. Ten years ago they said lord of the rings could never be done well enought to do it justice and know look what peter jackson has done. changing a story a little to make it seem more realistic I can understand but I think they went too far with this one.

Wolfie
That's different.

Some ideas only work in cartoons and will never work in live-action. They made the joke in the first X-Men when Cyclops said, "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" Something like that, it works great on paper, but would be ridiculous of Hugh Jackman put that suit on.

It was mentioned earlier that there was a deleted scene where Storm electrocutes Wolverine to charge up his claws or something. I would buy that if they did it in the comic. It sounds like a good idea. But if Halle Berry electrocuted Hugh Jackman? That's freakin' lame.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ttandc
InneRise

Jean had bean put into a coma and encased in a large capsule of some kind and sent to the bottom of the ocean for a year or two. And the raising water power seen in the movies is the complete opposite of the comic. Think of how jean looked near the end of X2 with the water coming down on her and flames starting to engulf her body. Multiply that flame effect by one hundred and make it take the form of a firery phoinex and you'll have an idea of what she looked like in the comic. NO WATER. And in the comic Juggernaught is not a mutant one of his favourite lines is "die mutie scum".

Wolfie

Really!? That's exactly the reason why I'm learning computer animation and design. Ten years ago they said lord of the rings could never be done well enought to do it justice and know look what peter jackson has done. changing a story a little to make it seem more realistic I can understand but I think they went too far with this one. Well I don't know about the comic, but I know she also came out of the water in the Animated Cartoon Show, that's what I was referring to, not the movie itself. I know that she was at the bottom of the water protected in a shell. But then she rised from the water as the phoenix. You say in the comics she didn't rise from the water but was at the bottom of the water. So how did she get out?

And I know that Juggernaut isn't really a mutant.

I actually have the entire collection of the X-Men animated Series. I need to get started on that. I haven't watched them yet.

InnerRise
That's different.

Some ideas only work in cartoons and will never work in live-action. They made the joke in the first X-Men when Cyclops said, "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" Something like that, it works great on paper, but would be ridiculous of Hugh Jackman put that suit on.

It was mentioned earlier that there was a deleted scene where Storm electrocutes Wolverine to charge up his claws or something. I would buy that if they did it in the comic. It sounds like a good idea. But if Halle Berry electrocuted Hugh Jackman? That's freakin' lame. Why would it work in comic and not movie. The electrocution that is.

ttandc
InnerRise

I watched the animated too and could also see many differences in the cartoon as well. Jean grey was never the entity known as the phoinex in the comics. In the comics the superhero team known as the Avengers had an adventure at the bottom of the ocean and came across the large shell that jean was kept in. They couldn't open it so they passed it on to Reed Richards of the fantstic four who eventually opened it and awoke the real jean grey. I guess the water control power could be put down to her power of telekinisis witch is the power to move anything with her mind. I could go on and on about the differences between the movie/cartoon to the comic but I'm not sure if your really that interested.

ttandc
Wolfie

If you think some things can't be done in movies then that's ok. A wiser man than me once said "you can't change peoples minds, only give them the opportunity for change". I've been learning how to make movies like final fantasy for a few years now and can not see any reasons why these storylines could not be done the same as the comics.

I think the costumes almost go without saying that they would need to be changed for a real life action movie ( although we still have superman and spiderman in those outfits )but apart from that I can't think of any reason why these storylines could not be made. The comic storylines are the ones that fans fell in love with. And it's those storylines that they expected to see, not what the companies like fox turn it into just to make a profit. I can see the x-men movie franchise going the way of the old batman movies, changing so much after each new movie that the fans of the comic don't even recognise it anymore or just boycot it completely.

Wolfie
Yeah, some superhero costumes do work in real life. Actually, many do. Wolverine's, for example, does not. If it wasn't for Wolverine, they might've been able to pull off making the original X-Men in live action.

Another example. In the comics, many characters die and come back to life. We accept that. It's a comic book. However, a live-action character just coming back to life... better have a damn good story for it to work.

InnerRise
Did the return of Jean Grey/The Phoenix work for you?

ttandc
InnerRise

Completely. When this storyline first hit the stands it took up to 4 years for the complete story to be told and after the story brought the real Jean Grey back it explained everything that had happened. The fans no longer asked questions like how did jean do that when she's never had that kind of power before or why didn't she remember this event or why didn't she know the way to the hanger bay. All the questions like this were answered when the real jean grey was brought back and she told the story of her last few minutes before she passed out in space. Of how she felt an huge powerful entity pass through her mind and body and take with it a part of her very being. In doing so this entity was able to take on the form of jean grey but somehow got a large dose of amnesia. The only thing it could remember were some of jeans memories that it had seen when it passed through her.

Strangelove
Originally posted by ttandc
InnerRise Originally posted by ttandc
Wolfie Learn to use the quote button wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.