Supernova.....?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Ok, who is he? and why did he steal Quasar's chest symbol?

http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/7174/dc52week10017cm4.th.jpg http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/706/dc52week10018dx6.th.jpg

One theory is that he's Superboy back from the "dead"

Another is that he's Captain Atom - not getting any respect in the old clothes/name?... get a new identity!

Or Lex Luthor - Why give everyone else superpowers and not yourself? what would be better for Lex than "out-heroing" Superman?

(ok... those last two were mine ... stick out tongue )

Obviously, he could be someone completely new.... or the Eradicator (Or anyone) in a different outfit.

The fact that he wears a full face mask seems to lead to the idea that he's a known character (why are there so few "full face mask" good-guy characters?... especially in DC )

Juntai
Someone talking to him recently, was it Wonder Girl? Was talking to him and when he flew away she sais "Kon." as if she knew exactly who it was.

Captain Atom is already accounted for post Crisis, Battle for Bludhaven he became Monarch, as was originally intended over a decade ago.

Eradicator? No. He would be in Kryptonian garb, definately. It's his job to preserve Kryptonian Heritage. He wouldn't be running around in hiding- he's too forward for that.

Validus
It's clearly Lar Gand.

King_Mungi
Yeah it was Wondergirl that thought it was him, however, one year later in the Teen Titans series Robin and WW are sill morning Superboy. So I highly doubt it's him.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Validus
It's clearly Lar Gand.

Who?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Scoobless
Who?

Mon-El

Scoobless
The guy from the Legion?

King_Mungi
The guy from the Legion?

Yep, the Daxamite

Scoobless
It's clearly Lar Gand.

Ok then.... so why was he wandering around Batman's cave? History buff?

snoopdogg
Maybe it's Kal-L. If anybody reads Action Comics the Auctioneer came to Earth to steal some of Earth artifacts and sell them to cosmic bidders he scanned Earth and said there was not two but three Krytonians on Earth. Superman was surprised, he thought there was on him and Supergirl.

I am guessing this Supernova guy is a Kryptonian.

King_Mungi
Well tehnically Powergirl is Kryptonian, but meh! Anyways yeah I read that issue as well.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well tehnically Powergirl is Kryptonian, but meh! Anyways yeah I read that issue as well. She is a Krytonian but she is from Earth-2. And there is a difference I guess. I guess I mean Power-Girl it too obvious.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by snoopdogg
She is a Krytonian but she is from Earth-2. And there is a difference I guess. I guess I mean Power-Girl it too obvious.

In JSA when Dr.Mid-nite she did scans and she showed she was kryptonian, but then later it didn't and then later showed she was Kryptonian.

Yeah I doubt they were including Power Girl, but does Earth 1 Superman know Powergirl's orgins anyways? as she hung around Earth 2 Superman when she found out and then was captured by Alex. I don't think they talked about it yet.

snoopdogg
In JSA when Dr.Mid-nite she did scans and she showed she was kryptonian, but then later it didn't and then later showed she was Kryptonian.

Yeah I doubt they were including Power Girl, but does Earth 1 Superman know Powergirl's orgins anyways? as she hung around Earth 2 Superman when she found out and then was captured by Alex. I don't think they talked about it yet. I guess I don't know if Superman knows Power-Girl is a Krytonian from E-2. Does she have the K-nite weakness. Superboy Prime did not cause he was from the Mulitiverse also.

King_Mungi
I guess I don't know if Superman knows Power-Girl is a Krytonian from E-2. Does she have the K-nite weakness. Superboy Prime did not cause he was from the Mulitiverse also.

I don't think he does, but I do believe your right that the third Kryptonian is someone else. Yeah she did, and then didn't, and then did, and didn't...it worked sometines and other times it didn't. Superman E-2 was immune to E-1 krpyonite as shown when Batman pulled it out on him.

Juntai

Yeah I doubt they were including Power Girl, but does Earth 1 Superman know Powergirl's orgins anyways? as she hung around Earth 2 Superman when she found out and then was captured by Alex. I don't think they talked about it yet. Power Girl is the result of Earth 2 Supergirl getting caught in the new universe, and the universe trying to correct itself around her, to give her a past, but is unable to.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Juntai
Power Girl is the result of Earth 2 Supergirl getting caught in the new universe, and the universe trying to correct itself around her, to give her a past, but is unable to.

Yep, such as being an Atleantean daughter of Arion was one.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Juntai
Power Girl is the result of Earth 2 Supergirl getting caught in the new universe, and the universe trying to correct itself around her, to give her a past, but is unable to.

This kind of thing is why a lot of readers prefer Marvel

grey fox
In 'reality' Supernova is just a re-hash of an old costume Supes wore when he was rendered completely powerless.

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
In 'reality' Supernova is just a re-hash of an old costume Supes wore when he was rendered completely powerless.

Really? can you find a picture?

Draco69
I think it's Lex Luthor in disguise. He gave other people superpowers...why not himself...?

King_Mungi
Really? can you find a picture?

Yeah I saw the cover as well, and here just scroll down..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova_%28comics%29

snoopdogg
Yea I saw old picture of Supernova in a recent Wizard. I think the comic was from the 60's.

Scoobless
I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Draco69
I think it's Lex Luthor in disguise. He gave other people superpowers...why not himself...?

52 #22 showed Lex can't give himself powers and Supernova and Lex came face to face

Deverien
In Week 22, Luthor also raises the point that Supernova (apparently) has telescopic vision, which Superboy/Kon-El did NOT possess.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Deverien
In Week 22, Luthor also raises the point that Supernova (apparently) has telescopic vision, which Superboy/Kon-El did NOT possess. telescope vision? confused

snoopdogg
I am betting it's Kal-L.

snoopdogg

Juntai
Superman has telescopic vision. Allows him to see vast distances. He also has microscopic vision also. Yep...They afford him the ability to see to the subatomic level, and in one comic, was stated if he squinted he could see he edge of the universe.

Draco69
52 #22 showed Lex can't give himself powers and Supernova and Lex came face to face

Damn! That was a good theory too...

Draco69
I am betting it's Kal-L.

How the hell would he make light energy? Or disenegration rays? Or having a glowy chest?

Also, Supernova's chidding remarks to Booster Gold aren't very Superman-like. He was basically egging him on...

King_Mungi
Damn! That was a good theory too...

It was, and now Lex thinks Supernova is Superman

Watch it be Booster Gold from a different timeline or something just to try to be a real hero.

Grimm22
Or maybe its Earth-20 Superman eek!

Validus
I think it's definitely somebody related to the House of El. Can't see DC giving this much attention to any other group.

How about Jor-El? That sounds good to me.

Draco69
Originally posted by Grimm22
Or maybe its Earth-20 Superman eek!

Don't be absurd!

It's obviously Earth-157 Superman!

mad

Draco69
I think it's definitely somebody related to the House of El. Can't see DC giving this much attention to any other group.

How about Jor-El? That sounds good to me.

Oh god, just what we need. Another DC character with an "S" on his chest...

Grimm22
Don't be absurd!

It's obviously Earth-157 Superman!

mad

embarrasment

Oh noes! eek! stick out tongue

Grimm22
Maybe it's Kal-L. If anybody reads Action Comics the Auctioneer came to Earth to steal some of Earth artifacts and sell them to cosmic bidders he scanned Earth and said there was not two but three Krytonians on Earth. Superman was surprised, he thought there was on him and Supergirl.

I am guessing this Supernova guy is a Kryptonian.

Wait isnt Krypto Kryptonian? confused

NiņoAraņa
Wait isnt Krypto Kryptonian? confused not anymore, i think....some kinda retcon

Grimm22

King_Mungi
Yes current Krypto isn't Kryptonian

Avalonofthewind
I still think that it may be the Eradicator....

He's had a bad case of Schizophrenia for a while now and that blow to the back of the head by an Omac couldn't have made it any better.

His powers are definitely within his range as well...and the Eradicator hasn't been accounted for in either OYL or in 52 yet....

Cyborg, Superboy, Steel, and Superman? Check.....Eradicator...Mysteriously MIA...hmmm....

Grimm22
What sad

How can Krypto not be from Krypton What the f**k?

NoFate007
I still kind of think its Booster from another timeline or Waverider.

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
I still kind of think its Booster from another timeline or Waverider.

Nah , Waverider is still hanging out with that bunch of losers who patrol the time-stream.

Fanboy
Originally posted by Deverien
In Week 22, Luthor also raises the point that Supernova (apparently) has telescopic vision, which Superboy/Kon-El did NOT possess.

Yeah but he is obviously older and those who have read this comic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titans_Tomorrow#.22We.27re_freakin.27_bad_guys.21.22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kon-El#Future_powers

Knows that Kon-El older would have all of Supermans powers and telekenesis

H. S. 6
What sad

How can Krypto not be from Krypton What the f**k?

Because he is the dog of f*cking Superman.

He doesn't need to make sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.