Thing vs. Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Thing

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Thingcloseup.jpg

vs.

Venom

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Venompose.jpg

Abandoned New York City street.
Contestants start five blocks from eachother.
Who wins and why?

Big Sexy
In through nose and through lungs.

Venom7-8/10

Inhuman
venom

Ultraman Baltan
If he plays he plays his cards right, Venom. There are actually a ton of Spiderman villains that could beat Ben Grimm. Venom, Carnage, Sandman(did it before), Green Goblin(Norman), Hobgoblin(1 or 2), Hydroman, Demogoblin, ect.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
If he plays he plays his cards right, Venom. There actually a ton of Spiderman villains that could beat Ben Grimm. Venom, Carnage, Sandman(did it before), Green Goblin(Norman), Hobgoblin(1 or 2), Hydroman, Demogoblin, ect.

confused

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Yea right...

stick out tongue

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Yea right...

stick out tongue

What are you even talking about?

tkitna
I can see the Thing pulling a Juggernaut and smacking Venom around, but the comic would never be written that way.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by tkitna
I can see the Thing pulling a Juggernaut and smacking Venom around, but the comic would never be written that way.

Venom could do some major damage to Thing, and is much more manuverable and ultra vicious. He lost to Juggernaut because he was being careless. If he doesn't do that here, he's fine, because unlike Juggernaut, Ben isn't unstoppable.

MightyEInherjar
"It's slobberin' time"

jasonk3
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
"It's slobberin' time"

lol i agree thing sucks

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by jasonk3
lol i agree thing sucks

That was unneccesary. None of us said that no

Grimm22
lol i agree thing sucks

lol unwanted prescience on KMC laughing rolling on floor laughing eek!

Grimm22
If he plays he plays his cards right, Venom. There are actually a ton of Spiderman villains that could beat Ben Grimm. Venom, Carnage, Sandman(did it before), Green Goblin(Norman), Hobgoblin(1 or 2), Hydroman, Demogoblin, ect.

The day that any of the Goblins beats the Thing is a day that will never come no expression

darthgoober
Wouldn't a thunderclap cause Venom quite a bit of damage, or am I missing something?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by darthgoober
Wouldn't a thunderclap cause Venom quite a bit of damage, or am I missing something? Over time the symbiotes generally evolved a tolerance to their weakness. Sonics no longer hurt carnage but he still has problems with fire. Fire no longer hurts venom and he has developed a pretty good tolerance to sound. There no where near what they used to be too him

Grimm22
So Venom can withstand a sonic boom What the f**k?

Because thats basicly what a thunderclap is

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Grimm22
So Venom can withstand a sonic boom What the f**k?

Because thats basicly what a thunderclap is I havent read venom in a while so Im not 100% on the later history of him before cutting his wrist etc . Last I seen he got shop with a bunch of sonic blasters and he was ok and this was right before he merged with the clone.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I havent read venom in a while so Im not 100% on the later history of him before cutting his wrist etc . Last I seen he got shop with a bunch of sonic blasters and he was ok and this was right before he merged with the clone.

Well..

Thunderclap >>> Sonic Blasters wink

Big Sexy
Well..

Thunderclap >>> Sonic Blasters wink An apparently going through an opponets mouth and tearing them up from the inside greater than all. Things already had that experience of being entered in an unwanted place.

Sam Z
So fight takes place in big open area, it's a big advantage for Venom.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
That was unneccesary. None of us said that no Come on now, you were thinking it.

Dinalfos
Venom wins 8-9 out of ten. Too versatile, too deadly.

harri
in the new venom comics run and the clown wan venom beat the crap out of all of them

Rewmac
Venom is famous of putting down characters that are truly stronger than him. The main reason I see Venom winning, because you can't really beat Venom by hitting him. (Except when you are Sentry). But not Ben...

wolvertooth
venom 10/10

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Rewmac
Venom is famous of putting down characters that are truly stronger than him. The main reason I see Venom winning, because you can't really beat Venom by hitting him. (Except when you are Sentry). But not Ben...

i thought sentry ripped carnige in half, not venom

well

even still

im sure sentry would mind tearing venom in half either

blind faith
If Venom gets too cocky and uncareful then Thing might beat him by thunderclapping him, if he uses everything and fights smart I can see him win a majority.

Galan777
Venom should take this

venom2

Grimm22
Depends erm

If Venom is still succeptable to sound then Ben wins this 8/10

If he isnt, then Venom wins this 7-8/10

H. S. 6
Depends erm

If Venom is still succeptable to sound then Ben wins this 8/10

If he isnt, then Venom wins this 7-8/10

Lookie here!

Grimm, proclaiming something sensible... and it involves the Thing!

stick out tongue

Grimm22
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Lookie here!

stick out tongue

Hey glare

Im not Tony Stark you know big grin

H. S. 6
Hey glare

Truth. yes

Soljer
Venom wins the majority.

jinzin
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Lookie here!

stick out tongue jawdrop
Hey glare

laughing out loud

Ultraman Baltan
Venom 7/10. If Spidey could beat Ben, so could Venom.

Grimm22
Venom 7/10. If Spidey could beat Ben, so could Venom.

How could Spidey beat Ben no expression

jasonk3
If venom is the first to attack, and webs Things hands, then thing is pretty much screwed, cuz it'll take him time to break the web and it'll give venom enuff time to seriously damage Thing.

Grimm22
If venom is the first to attack, and webs Things hands, then thing is pretty much screwed, cuz it'll take him time to break the web and it'll give venom enuff time to seriously damage Thing.

Because Ben cant just, oh I donno break out of the webbing with ease roll eyes (sarcastic)

Plus, Venom cannot hurt Ben unless he uses his symphonite powers no expression

Tony Stark
Hey glare

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nigga please...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

please...

Hey, no offense, but most of the time you just leave pictures and then leave... confused

Ultraman Baltan
How could Spidey beat Ben no expression

He's faster, strong enough to hurt Ben(or at least throw stuff at him), and can tire him out with webs and agility.

harri
in venom twist spiderman pushes the thing of the building and the girl has to help ben anyway pack on earth venom in twist batters spiderman wolvie and the fantastic four all together
no expression

Grimm22
He's faster, strong enough to hurt Ben(or at least throw stuff at him), and can tire him out with webs and agility.

No he isnt strong enougth to hurt Ben no expression

Class 50 guys have tryed to hurt Ben and failed miserably, how is spidey going to do it no expression

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by harri
in venom twist spiderman pushes the thing of the building and the girl has to help ben anyway pack on earth venom in twist batters spiderman wolvie and the fantastic four all together
no expression

Get out of this thread. no expression

Venom cannot take Spiderman, Wolverine and The FF together.

blind faith
Yeah, accept it and move on.

harri
i know but i dont wright the comic so dont try to blam me ok

Sub_Mariner
i know but i dont wright the comic so dont try to blam me ok

Scan it.

Big Sexy
no expression Ive seen the book at my local comic shop but never picked it up. The art looks to childish.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Get out of this thread. no expression

Venom cannot take Spiderman, Wolverine and The FF together.

Venom cannot beat Spidey and Wolverine none the less the FF

Sub_Mariner
Venom cannot beat Spidey and Wolverine none the less the FF

Agreed.

Dinalfos
But he can take out Thing. Easily too. He also could've killed Torch, if he wanted to.

harri
Scan it. i dont know how to

Sub_Mariner
Venom could not kill Torch btw Dinalfos.

harri
yes he could he did

Sub_Mariner
yes he could he did

Fire owns Symbiotes.

Dinalfos
Venom could not kill Torch btw Dinalfos.

Yes. He's fast enough to evade his flames and going nova is almost never an option. Except on forums, ofcourse. But I guess it depends on the situation.

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Yes. He's fast enough to evade his flames and going nova is almost never an option. Except on forums, ofcourse. But I guess it depends on the situation.

Ahh yes, you have me there, but Torch is pretty damn fast, he will hit him sometime.

Dinalfos
Ahh yes, you have me there, but Torch is pretty damn fast, he will hit him sometime.

Well, yes. Once Venom is hit, he's down. But Venom can use both his webbing and tendrils to take Johnny out.

Sub_Mariner
Well, yes. Once Venom is hit, he's down. But Venom can use both his webbing and tendrils to take Johnny out.

If He is on fire, the tendrils and webbing won't touch him.

Dinalfos
If He is on fire, the tendrils and webbing won't touch him.

Well, they already did.

Sam Z
Venom actually used send to put out Torch's flames and grabbed his neck, he said he could've snapped it, but desided to drawn Johnny. So yes, Venom could've killed Torch but he had to put out fire first. And it was LONG ago, since then his resistance to fire has grown.

Ultraman Baltan
No he isnt strong enougth to hurt Ben no expression

Class 50 guys have tryed to hurt Ben and failed miserably, how is spidey going to do it no expression

Ben won't even touch him.

Grimm22
Ben won't even touch him.

Thunderclap wink

Grimm22
Originally posted by Sam Z
Venom actually used send to put out Torch's flames and grabbed his neck, he said he could've snapped it, but desided to drawn Johnny. So yes, Venom could've killed Torch but he had to put out fire first. And it was LONG ago, since then his resistance to fire has grown.

Bullcrap no expression

Torch >>>>>>> Venom wink

Johnny is MUCH faster than Venom.

Sure Venom's resitince has grown to fire, but he still cannot handle the flames Torch brings to the table

fatgogeta
I believe the Thing would take the majority over venom due as much to superior durability as to significantly superior strength.

SpunkySmurph
Bullcrap no expression

Torch >>>>>>> Venom wink

Sure Venom's resitince has grown to fire, but he still cannot handle the flames Torch brings to the table

You see, I would agree with you, but I have seen the scans. Spidey brings a sonic gun, along with the HT to try to 'talk to Venom'. Venom beast them down, has the option to snap the torches neck, but decided to drown him instead, while fighting SM. The only way for the Torch to get out is to go Nova underwater, which still did barley nothing to Venom, but allowed him to escape the tendrils blast.

Now, you might as well accept it.

jinzin
are you guys even aware that sincve venom 'twist" the symbiote hasn't been weakened by fire any longer?

in marvel knights spiderman 8 venom gets hit with a gas tanker and he doesn't even feel it, he just gets angry.

fatgogeta
Fire does not have anything to do with Thing versus Venom though. The question then is is the Thing Strong enough to put venom down and durable enough to take his attacks? I am pretty sure he is. On the other hand, I believe Venom may be strong enough to hurt the Thing but his durability will not allow him to take too many blows from the Thing.

Grimm22
You see, I would agree with you, but I have seen the scans. Spidey brings a sonic gun, along with the HT to try to 'talk to Venom'. Venom beast them down, has the option to snap the torches neck, but decided to drown him instead, while fighting SM. The only way for the Torch to get out is to go Nova underwater, which still did barley nothing to Venom, but allowed him to escape the tendrils blast.

Now, you might as well accept it.

Wow, thats a massive load of PIS no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by jinzin
are you guys even aware that sincve venom 'twist" the symbiote hasn't been weakened by fire any longer?

in marvel knights spiderman 8 venom gets hit with a gas tanker and he doesn't even feel it, he just gets angry.

The same series written by Millar no expression

That was crap, I dont even count that as Cannon for the most part

SpunkySmurph
Wow, thats a massive load of PIS no expression

It's PIS simply because he's too fast for torch?

Right...

And, it doesn't matter what 'you count as canon'.

Grimm22
It's PIS simply because he's too fast for torch?

Right...

And, it doesn't matter what 'you count as canon'.

Torch flys at the speed of sound no expression

That and if he even touched Johnny, Torch could just amp up his heat to Nova levels no expression

Nova levels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Venom wink

SpunkySmurph

That and if he even touched Johnny, Torch could just amp up his heat to Nova levels no expression

Right. But you of all people should know that Torch doesnt go nova everytime someone touches him.
Know the difference between what Torch would do, and what his powers CAN do.

Grimm22
Right. But you of all people should know that Torch doesnt go nova everytime someone touches him.
Know the difference between what Torch would do, and what his powers CAN do.

True, but he can easily do it in a matter of seconds no expression

jasonk3
Lol , how did this debate turn from Venom vs thing to venom vs human torch confused

Dinalfos

At the speed of sound? Right. Even if he could, flight speed does not = combat speed.

harri
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Ive seen the book at my local comic shop but never picked it up. The art looks to childish. ye the art is crap venom is huge in it

Grimm22
At the speed of sound? Right. Even if he could, flight speed does not = combat speed.

Its apparent that you have a lack of knowledge for the Torch no expression

Johnny has flown at the speed of sound since the silver age.

He can probobly surpass that by leaps and bounds nowadays

Sam Z
Bullcrap no expression

Torch >>>>>>> Venom wink

I actually wasn't stating my opinion, i just said what happened in the comicbook. Venom used send and almost killed Torch. Torch is faster when it comes to flying but when it comes to combat he is way more quick, plus his agility.

harri
Originally posted by Sam Z
I actually wasn't stating my opinion, i just said what happened in the comicbook. Venom used send and almost killed Torch. Torch is faster when it comes to flying but when it comes to combat he is way more quick, plus his agility. agreed

jasonk3
Not only did venom defeat Torch but he owned spiderman in that same series at the same time,you can find the scans in the respect venom thread.

fatgogeta
I do not think Venom could inflict enough damage on the Thing to take him out, but a few of Thing's best Sunday punches could put Venom down.

Sam Z
I think he could. Besides he could just suffocate him and he is durable enough to take many punches from Ben. Thunderclap would be a problem though.

harri
he did in venom twist i think he did it to all of the ff and spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.