Devout 'God' followers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DragonWoman
...are really quite annoying. From my personal experience they love their God so much that they chose to try and impose their religion upon others...now most of them claim to be only spreading the word...however I find this to be completely untrue and mostly quite inappropriate.

Has anyone ever thought about petitioning to stop these God-over-loving people from knocking on your doors at 7am asking if you believe in the saviour Jesus and the God Almighty? I know I have...

Now as for my own religion, I belong to a minority who literally follow the styles of Feng Sui and the Ba Gua symbol as a religion. A balanced life of karma and serenity is what I seek and hope to obtain one final day in my life before the 5 gods I follow seek to pull me from this world into the next.

What is your take on all of this...devout/annoying religious folk...namely God followers that intend on 'converting the world' as they say. Do you think it will work? Are you one and if so why do you do it?

~Forever*Alone~
i dont know why people believe in a god or gods, i was raised athiest, and so it gets really annoying when anybody tries to impose their religions on me, but what i have noticed is that it is mostly jesus based religions who try to do so...

this makes me think that they are not secure in their religions as other people in other religions are.

and i find it funny to listen to their talk sometimes because its so contradictory, but yeah they are mostly annoying.

lol, i never have anything valid to say....stick out tongue

Darth Kreiger
Don't force it on me(or Jizya tax me), I'm fine

DragonWoman
Ok...cool...anyone else?

debbiejo
You can always put up "No solicitor" signs...........

The majority of Christians that I know really feel they are doing you a good thing. They really feel they are saving you from hell. I think most do it with a good heart also. Yet, they don't know that they are being mislead. And yes, it does get annoying. Many churches have out reach programs that push them to do this though. And these programs make them feel guilty if they don't do the out reach.

DragonWoman
I can completely sympathise with that debbiejo...however its one of the planets biggest religions. So trying to stop them will be like trying to stop a tidal storm...it's humanly impossible.

Alliance
Originally posted by debbiejo
You can always put up "No solicitor" signs...........

The majority of Christians that I know really feel they are doing you a good thing. They really feel they are saving you from hell. I think most do it with a good heart also. Yet, they don't know that they are being mislead. And yes, it does get annoying. Many churches have out reach programs that push them to do this though. And these programs make them feel guilty if they don't do the out reach.

I'm sure murders and child molesters feel the same way.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
i dont know why people believe in a god or gods, i was raised athiest, and so it gets really annoying when anybody tries to impose their religions on me, but what i have noticed is that it is mostly jesus based religions who try to do so...

this makes me think that they are not secure in their religions as other people in other religions are.

and i find it funny to listen to their talk sometimes because its so contradictory, but yeah they are mostly annoying.

Actually you are right about one thing....

Unfortunately, the people who happen to PREACH the most, are the ones who are so insecure about thier own beliefs, that in order for them to be validated, they need other people to beleive as well.

docb77
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Actually you are right about one thing....

Unfortunately, the people who happen to PREACH the most, are the ones who are so insecure about thier own beliefs, that in order for them to be validated, they need other people to beleive as well.

Only half right. I'm sure there are people like that, that need that validation. I'm equally sure however that there are those who truly believe they are offering a great gift. (although those people tend to offer their gift to friends rather than strangers who could care less)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~

I would not say that you have nothing valid to say. You are right; we are talking almost exclusively about Christianity. Not all Christians, but fundamentalists Christians.

ThePittman
I just answer the door with a beer, smoke and my wife beater shirt and they pretty much leave me alone. laughing

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ThePittman
I just answer the door with a beer, smoke and my wife beater shirt and they pretty much leave me alone. laughing

I tell them I'm a Buddhist and start chanting. It works just as well. cool

docb77
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I tell them I'm a Buddhist and start chanting. It works just as well. cool

You should see them run when you tell them you're Mormon and show them a Book of Mormon.

-edit-

Well, they usually run. Sometimes they start yelling at you that you're going to hell.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by docb77
You should see them run when you tell them you're Mormon and show them a Book of Mormon.

-edit-

Well, they usually run. Sometimes they start yelling at you that you're going to hell.

Do you go door to door?

docb77
Do you go door to door?

Actually I was talking about when other groups come to my door. But I did do some of the door to door thing years ago. From experience, they want to share a message, if you listen and aren't interested they're happy, not as happy as if you are interested, but no hard feelings.

If a mormon missionary gets in your face about it, he's not doing it right.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by docb77
Actually I was talking about when other groups come to my door. But I did do some of the door to door thing years ago. From experience, they want to share a message, if you listen and aren't interested they're happy, not as happy as if you are interested, but no hard feelings.

If a mormon missionary gets in your face about it, he's not doing it right.

Did you have special training? The one thing I noticed is sense I am always very nice to them, they come back ever few months. laughing

Alliance
Kick hard...aim low.

debbiejo
I tell them I'm a Buddhist and start chanting. It works just as well. cool You start chanting??? laughing out loud

Alliance
I have a buddhist chant stuck in my head and I can't study because of it.

docb77
Did you have special training? The one thing I noticed is sense I am always very nice to them, they come back ever few months. laughing

training... I spent 2 months learning spanish, does that count? The reason they probably come back every so often is that they're rotated out every few months. They don't really know which doors the guys before them knocked on already.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
I have a buddhist chant stuck in my head and I can't study because of it.

What chant is it?

Alliance
I dunno. Its in Thai. And I don't speak Thai.

Shakyamunison
What chant is it?

My chant is Sanskrit.

Alliance
Are you a sock for JIA? You're talking to yourself stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
Are you a sock for JIA? You're talking to yourself stick out tongue

Who are you talking too. confused

Alliance
ninja

debbiejo
Ya know I've been in churches that wanted you to go out door to door, and if you didn't want you you were kinda shunned.

docb77
Originally posted by debbiejo
Ya know I've been in churches that wanted you to go out door to door, and if you didn't want you you were kinda shunned.

With Mormons it's almost more of a rite of passage. You serve a mission for a couple of years, then you go home and get on with life. Don't get me wrong, you're still supposed to share the gospel, but mainly with your friends.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.