KOTOR Ending: What the Hell???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
Ok, So I had acquired an Xbox off a friend of mine for very cheap recently (since he got Xbox360) So I went out and bought and played KOTOR for the first time.

I just finally finished the game and all I can say is WTF was that? I felt completely ripped off by that "ending" if you can even call it that. I did the lightside ending with Bastila still alive, and all I got was a less then 2 min useless speech from the "Little-Yoda-wanna-be"? I set down my controller expecting an awesome ending to watch but got...well...shafted.

I mean the ending to this game was literally "Yay! thanks for saving the republic, you rock!" *roll credits*

Thats what I got after investing 50 hours into a game? I mean the game itself was fantastic, but I expected a very long awesomely epic ending with some explanation of what happens, but I got nothing, it was even worse then the ending to ANH (and TMP).

I dunno, I just felt like the designers just gave me a big "F&@# You" because of that ending. completely disappointing. It was the worst possible way to end what was a truly amazing game, a complete let down. Such a shame.

Did no one else feel ripped off because of this? I mean, just by seeing all the people who loved KOTOR and all the story that went with it, I had thought there was gonna be something to think about or talk about at the end. But there wasn't. The game was great, but the ending almost ruined the experience for me, since I kinda expect games endings to be good, especially games that take 50 hours to beat. That ending wasn't even a "Bad" ending, seeing as it was hardly an ending at all. It was pointless.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Ok, So I had acquired an Xbox off a friend of mine for very cheap recently (since he got Xbox360) So I went out and bought and played KOTOR for the first time.

I just finally finished the game and all I can say is WTF was that? I felt completely ripped off by that "ending" if you can even call it that. I did the lightside ending with Bastila still alive, and all I got was a less then 2 min useless speech from the "Little-Yoda-wanna-be"? I set down my controller expecting an awesome ending to watch but got...well...shafted.

I mean the ending to this game was literally "Yay! thanks for saving the republic, you rock!" *roll credits*

Thats what I got after investing 50 hours into a game? I mean the game itself was fantastic, but I expected a very long awesomely epic ending with some explanation of what happens, but I got nothing, it was even worse then the ending to ANH (and TMP).

I dunno, I just felt like the designers just gave me a big "F&@# You" because of that ending. completely disappointing. It was the worst possible way to end what was a truly amazing game, a complete let down. Such a shame.

Did no one else feel ripped off because of this? I mean, just by seeing all the people who loved KOTOR and all the story that went with it, I had thought there was gonna be something to think about or talk about at the end. But there wasn't. The game was great, but the ending almost ruined the experience for me, since I kinda expect games endings to be good, especially games that take 50 hours to beat. That ending wasn't even a "Bad" ending, seeing as it was hardly an ending at all. It was pointless. Personnal I thought the ending was pretty good, not a big fan if the happy Im a hero, good ending. But the IM A SITH LORD BOW DOWN TO YOUR MASTER, ending is great. I would saty away fro the second if you weren't a fan of how that one finished though as it is pretty shit no matter how you finish. The Game itself is great but the ending is pants

Mišt
Play through on darkside, its much better.

By the way, if you go darkside and kill Bastilla, how does the ending play out?

ESB Vader
kotor 2 endings sucks big time but uncut kotor 2 ending kicks ass for sure, talk about 3 endings, LS DS and you DIE

Tangible God

Revan Souer
Originally posted by ESB Vader
kotor 2 endings sucks big time but uncut kotor 2 ending kicks ass for sure, talk about 3 endings, LS DS and you DIE How do you see the uncut endings, all I get is he fly away ending that you get no matter what it seems

Captain REX
I don't know what you were really expecting, Anomaly. They intended to make a sequel, and in the sequel you still don't really know what happened. ermm

Darth Kreiger
Actually KoToR had great endings, KoToR 2 had the shotty ones, especially Dark Side

Tangible God
KOTOR's Darkside ending, I feel, was very good.

Blue_Hefner
I love the Infinite Fleet part. K2's wasn't so bad either. How can anyone not love throwing Kreia into the core of a planet?

calvs
Originally posted by ESB Vader
kotor 2 endings sucks big time but uncut kotor 2 ending kicks ass for sure, talk about 3 endings, LS DS and you DIE
Link?

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't know what you were really expecting, Anomaly. They intended to make a sequel, and in the sequel you still don't really know what happened. ermm

Lol. My point was, that most RPG's have endings that last like 5 sometimes 10 mins, KOTOR (lightside) ending lasted like 2 mins, tops. It wasn't an ending worthy of a 50+ hour game. It wasn't even an ending worthy of any game IMO.

Broke Beat
yeah i was dissapointed, even so with kotor 2, but these uncut endings ESB speaks of....... i must know.

Darth Kreiger
There was supposed to be like 5 endings or something, the 2 Good/Evil, and then a few Grey type, and I guess one where the Exile dies

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I love the Infinite Fleet part. K2's wasn't so bad either. How can anyone not love throwing Kreia into the core of a planet?

Well since I went back and played the game about 3 times more, I did character development these times, unlike the fist, and she had a pretty cool story/character

neo313
friggin kotor 2 wasn't finished, it was rushed to be on shelves for the holiday season in 04. i can't play certain parts without getting pissed off, especially the ending... to hell with obsidian, bring bioware back

Quinlan_Vos
I concur. After spending non-stop hours playing to the climax of slaying Malak as a redeemed Knight led me to an OKAY ending. The destruction of the Star Forge was nicely done I guess, though more action could have been nice. The landing in the Rakatan Planet and the honoring of Revan just was crap. Why didn't they land in Coruscant or something. Why land in the unknown planet? And even if there was a sequel, they could have at least shown somethign more lke the Sith Empire collapsing. I would have expected a ten minute finale. Anomaly is right, it was only four minutes long. 50 years of gameplay isn't worth to that.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
I concur. After spending non-stop hours playing to the climax of slaying Malak as a redeemed Knight led me to an OKAY ending. The destruction of the Star Forge was nicely done I guess, though more action could have been nice. The landing in the Rakatan Planet and the honoring of Revan just was crap. Why didn't they land in Coruscant or something. Why land in the unknown planet? And even if there was a sequel, they could have at least shown somethign more lke the Sith Empire collapsing. I would have expected a ten minute finale. Anomaly is right, it was only four minutes long. 50 years of gameplay isn't worth to that. I understand your disappiontment in the light side ending but the Sith ending is pretty good. And to be honest I always end up seeing the Sith ending first, I think I have moral problems wink

Revan Souer
Questionon the ending of KOTOR2 cant remeber what ever happens to the blind chick. been ages since I played the game. Also what happens to the blode woman after you make her your, kiss ya.

Nactous
Anomaly youve been against that game since the begining, I would expect your opinions biased.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Nactous
Anomaly youve been against that game since the begining, I would expect your opinions biased.

You really think if I still thought that way I would have invested 50 hours into a game? I don't think so, so STFU.

The ending was the worst RPG ending I've seen, ever. There wasn't even an ending. I mean, If I went back I could prolly type what was said in the ending sequence in about 1 min and a half. And what I would type would be basically "Yay! Your all heroes, you saved the republic, you rock!" then "Random useless 30 second ramble by Vandar" then credits.

I liked this game, quite a lot, but the ending was completely useless in every way. Nothing happened AT ALL, nothing was explained, nothing was revealed. Nothing. Endings are supposed to have a point. KOTOR (lightside) ending (which is canon) had none whatsoever. They might as well not even bothered giving the game an ending and simply rolled the credits after you beat Malak.

Kas'Im
Yeah I agree, it was a huge letdown.

ESB -1138

zephiel7
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
You really think if I still thought that way I would have invested 50 hours into a game? I don't think so, so STFU.

The ending was the worst RPG ending I've seen, ever. There wasn't even an ending. I mean, If I went back I could prolly type what was said in the ending sequence in about 1 min and a half. And what I would type would be basically "Yay! Your all heroes, you saved the republic, you rock!" then "Random useless 30 second ramble by Vandar" then credits.

I liked this game, quite a lot, but the ending was completely useless in every way. Nothing happened AT ALL, nothing was explained, nothing was revealed. Nothing. Endings are supposed to have a point. KOTOR (lightside) ending (which is canon) had none whatsoever. They might as well not even bothered giving the game an ending and simply rolled the credits after you beat Malak.

Play the sequel once the restoration pack comes out (on PC). It explains what happens to Revan, and it also satisfies the gamer with a decent ending.

Really, I thought the ending to KOTOR was very much like the OT New Hope. In New Hope, it really just ended with Luke and Han receiving a medal, and then a shot of everyone imporant to the movie.

Nactous
I could go around saying how much Superman Return is but I dont. Face it man, once a hater alwas a hater.

VadersElements
kotor 2 endings are omg worse than ever, atleast the restoration endings are 10x better

Slyđđering
"Restoration Endings"?
Huh? confused

I agree that the endings for both games sucked, (save the Dark Side ones in KotOR I), but who cares?

BornToRule
ive only played KOTOR 2 but i can say the ending made me wanna show the game up the *** of the one who sold it.

however its one of the best games i played but the endings feels like they had to rush to release it. to bad on such an exelent game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.