What tattoo should I get?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
Okay, bit of an obvious question, but in one month, I will be 18, yay! I have planned to get a tattoo on my 18th birthday, that way I feel it's special; my first tattoo on the day I'm 18. Anyway, my question is of what?

To let you know & do please read this, I have interests of what I would like, but for my first one, something good but simple so it's not too detailed & give me loads of pain. Small & simple but still good.

In the future, I will get more detailed ones. I like Chinese Dragons, Tigers, Snakes, Lizards, Wolves, other reptiles & mammals etc...

My first I would like would be a Scorpion, for my horoscope Scorpio. It'd be detailed, but it's something I'd like & it's to do with the date I was born, plus it'd be on my birthday I'd get it done. I also like to read them & collect them too.

Video games & anime/manga could be out of the question. I may like them now, but I might go off them so a tattoo could be a mistake. If I continue to like it in 20 years time, sure, then I'll get one. stick out tongue

Poo Face
Get one of Steve Irwin wrestling a Komoto Dragon. yes

crimsonphoenix
i would say get your zodiac sign, thats a great first tattoo

InnerRise
I'd say get none at all. Tattoos are forever, but your youthful looking skin is not.

is it comprehensible.....

Morning_Glory
this would be a nice little piece

http://www.mytattooink.com/images/demon-tattoos-2.jpg

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by InnerRise
I'd say get none at all. Tattoos are forever, but your youthful looking skin is not.

is it comprehensible..... tattoos are ok....

i say get one in a place that when you are 60-80 yrs old ... it wont be noticable and easy to cover up

i have one on my back right hip .. i can show it off now but I know in 40 yrs or whatever it wont look so hot anymore

The Pict
Get Scotland The Brave tattooed somewhere.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Poo Face
Get one of Steve Irwin wrestling a Komoto Dragon. yes
I thought somone would think I was wierd if I mentioned getting one of Steve Irwin, they'd probably think I was sad or obsessed but I have thought about one of him, but not yet. A Crocodile would be better though. yes
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
i would say get your zodiac sign, thats a great first tattoo
I know, that's why I want one so much! eek!

InnerRise
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
tattoos are ok....

i say get one in a place that when you are 60-80 yrs old ... it wont be noticable and easy to cover up

i have one on my back right hip .. i can show it off now but I know in 40 yrs or whatever it wont look so hot anymore I'd feel as if I was damaging my skin as well if I were to get a tattoo. Permanently marking your skin? No thanks.

mhm

~Rad~
Just choose whatever has the deepest meaning to you and your life. I plan to do the same thing when i move away to be with my boyfriend- to mark a new chapter in my life, that sorta thing..

Blue Dragon
this would be a nice little piece

http://www.mytattooink.com/images/demon-tattoos-2.jpg
Sweet!

Yeah, but like I say, you only live once, life is for living & also, I wouldn't like to be a 90 year old woman in a wheelchair saying, "I wish I'd got a tattoo when I was a youngg woman...", lol. laughing

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by ~Rad~
Just choose whatever has the deepest meaning to you and your life. I plan to do the same thing when i move away to be with my boyfriend- to mark a new chapter in my life, that sorta thing..
I don't like it when people get names of thier loved ones such as boy/girlfriends. because it might not last but the tattoo remains there forever.

ADarksideJedi
If you are a harry potter fan I would get a deathmark one that the deatheaters have in the book.My twin sister has one on her left arm and it is neat.(Btw it is only painted on)jm

~Rad~
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I don't like it when people get names of thier loved ones such as boy/girlfriends. because it might not last but the tattoo remains there forever.

Neither do I- I never said I was getting one like that. It's gonna be of a symbol that has a lot of meaning for me and my life.

Blue Dragon
I thought you were, sorry. Not a Harry Potter fan either.

~Rad~
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
If you are a harry potter fan I would get a deathmark one that the deatheaters have in the book.My twin sister has one on her left arm and it is neat.(Btw it is only painted on)jm

Dark Mark! Say it with me- DARK Mark!!! mad

Yeah... long established HP fan here... messed

silver_tears
This is rather off topic, but I got my cartilage pierced the day I left for Paris, and I'll always remember it, so it's pretty awesome getting it done the day you turn 18 thumb up

Blue Dragon
That's the feeling I want. I can tell everyone that I got my very first tattoo on the very day I became 18, which by law, you're able to get one. The feeling of it is good, but the feeling of that I'm a wimp is haunting me. Yeah, I'm sort of a wimp so this is gonna hurt like the devil! But I want one so much & on that day too, I don't want to think about it! I'm taking my mum with me. stick out tongue

~Rad~
I thought you were, sorry. Not a Harry Potter fan either.

S'okay. smile

I also got mine pierced as well. For my 17th. big grin

Blue Dragon
Above the eye looks good, but mum don't like it. Probably won't get one though, not too fussed but nice to have one. Looks painful though, but hey, what the hell does a tattoo feel like? Lol. Well gotta go, bed time. Back tomorrow. Bye now.

ADarksideJedi
Dark Mark! Say it with me- DARK Mark!!! mad

Yeah... long established HP fan here... messed Me too.I spelled it right just forgot to cap it.JM roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

InnerRise
Sweet!

Yeah, but like I say, you only live once, life is for living & also, I wouldn't like to be a 90 year old woman in a wheelchair saying, "I wish I'd got a tattoo when I was a youngg woman...", lol. laughing No, you'll be a 90 year old woman thinking, "What is this saggy goop suppose to be on my thigh? I can't remeber anymore".

Damien B
I say a tiki head or the death eater sign. DMB

Blue Dragon
No, you'll be a 90 year old woman thinking, "What is this saggy goop suppose to be on my thigh? I can't remeber anymore".

Nah, I don't want that. I want a tattoo & should get one if I want. It doesn't matter if I don't like it when I'm old. I don't want to be like, "I'm so glad I didn't get a tattoo when I was older", at the age of 90. stick out tongue See what I mean? This is the quote I was ment to say yesterday, not the one about 'glad I got one etc..."

~Rad~
You realise, right, that if you're a 90 year old woman, how the tattoo looks won't be the least of your problems. . . Cuz at bloody 9-0, to hell with the tattoo, YOU'LL be what's looking like something that's crawled out from under a rock.... It won't matter if the tattoo's wrinkled or not, if you catch my drift. smile

RZA
If you're a real man, this is the tattoo you would get...

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1999/peewee737776gk5.jpg

i have one on my back right hip .. i can show it off now but I know in 40 yrs or whatever it wont look so hot anymore
droolio

Damien B
boo

InnerRise
Nah, I don't want that. I want a tattoo & should get one if I want. It doesn't matter if I don't like it when I'm old. I don't want to be like, "I'm so glad I didn't get a tattoo when I was older", at the age of 90. stick out tongue See what I mean? This is the quote I was ment to say yesterday, not the one about 'glad I got one etc..." You may not want that, but that's what can happen when a old person has a tattoo.

And you say you don't want to be 90 and thinking, "I'm glad I didn't get a tattoo."

So as I said, I guess you'll be 90 thinking, "What the he!! is this bruise on my knee cap!?!?!?!"
-"Don't you remember honey? That's the tattoo of the butterfly you got when you were 17 years old."
-"Oh.............rrriiiggghhhttttt..........that.............d@mn."
-"It still kind of looks like a butterfly.....that's coming out of a wrinkled cocoon---"
-"Shut up Howard, I know it looks like sh!t"
-"Yeah it does. I'm glad you said it."

erm

is it COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Prabhodh
First of all i advice you dont get a tattoo and if your not going to follow that advice, i advice you get a chinese dragon.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Prabhodh
First of all i advice you dont get a tattoo and if your not going to follow that advice, i advice you get a chinese dragon. Hahaha.

It's "ADVISE".

"ADVICE" and "ADVISE" are 2 different words.

"i" should be a captial "I" as so.

An apostrophe should be between the "n" and the "t" in the world "DON'T". Notice that I added it in there.

It should be "YOU'RE" and not "YOUR".

The world "TO" should come after "YOU" and before "GET" right at the end.

wink

Thorinn
Get "Property of Thorinn" on you're ass. smokin'

InnerRise
Originally posted by Thorinn
Get "Property of Thorinn" on you're ass. smokin'
Did you make that mistake just for me?

I can't resist.

It's suppose to be "YOUR" instead of "YOU'RE."

Prabhodh
Hahaha.

It's "ADVISE".

"ADVICE" and "ADVISE" are 2 different words.

"i" should be a captial "I" as so.

An apostrophe should be between the "n" and the "t" in the world "DON'T". Notice that I added it in there.

It should be "YOU'RE" and not "YOUR".

The world "TO" should come after "YOU" and before "GET" right at the end.

wink

weep

Why me... WHY ME???

Strangelove
I'd feel as if I was damaging my skin as well if I were to get a tattoo. Permanently marking your skin? No thanks.

Fawne
I have nothing against tattoos..the real question is what are you looking for anyway..something innocent or something like a skull with blood all over it ? perhaps you seem to be someone who wants anything involving steve irwin..do note that this is there FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER and so on..but it is your choice..but i think you should get a crocidile perhaps?

InnerRise
weep

Why me... WHY ME??? I think we all know why you.

erm

Röland
I think we all know why you.

erm

I don't know.

InnerRise
Read his post and then my post with the corrections and then you will know the rest of the story.

wink

Good Night Now.

sleepy

Blue Dragon
Attention! Quiet please! Thank you. stick out tongue I've decided to get a Scorpion for my first tattoo which I think would be perfect because it's my horocope & it's to do with my birthday (sort of, within the month anyway) & on that day it'll be more special to have one.

No idea how long it'll take & planning on going for a meal that day. Do you think if I went early to get a tattoo, say be there about 10 am, think I could be enjoying a meal at around 3 pm? I am allowed to be out that day you get a tattoo aren't you, or go home & do nothing & let it heal? It takes about a month to fully heal, but on that day wll be the worst...

Before I get one, I better visit the place & ask what sort of picture to bring with me. Tracing a picture makes a poor tattoo so I think I have to bring a good picture, but on what, just normal paper? Do I print it out or just cut a picture out of a magazine? I have to ask them what to do so I'm ready when I go.

I want it so bad, but I'm a wimp. But because I want it so bad, I'm telling myself yes yes yes, do it! No backing out, I only get this chance to get a tattoo on my 18th; there won't be another chance waiting for me, so I should go for it!
You realise, right, that if you're a 90 year old woman, how the tattoo looks won't be the least of your problems. . . Cuz at bloody 9-0, to hell with the tattoo, YOU'LL be what's looking like something that's crawled out from under a rock.... It won't matter if the tattoo's wrinkled or not, if you catch my drift. smile
Yeah but who cares? That's going to be then, I'm taking about now. While I'm young & active, I want to live! Life is for living & want to do what I want to. On top of my list - get a tattoo!
You may not want that, but that's what can happen when a old person has a tattoo.

And you say you don't want to be 90 and thinking, "I'm glad I didn't get a tattoo."

So as I said, I guess you'll be 90 thinking, "What the he!! is this bruise on my knee cap!?!?!?!"
-"Don't you remember honey? That's the tattoo of the butterfly you got when you were 17 years old."
-"Oh.............rrriiiggghhhttttt..........that.............d@mn."
-"It still kind of looks like a butterfly.....that's coming out of a wrinkled cocoon---"
-"Shut up Howard, I know it looks like sh!t"
-"Yeah it does. I'm glad you said it."

erm

laughing Butterfly? No way! Am I going to be married to a man named Howard...? blink
First of all i advice you dont get a tattoo and if your not going to follow that advice, i advice you get a chinese dragon.
I do like Chinese Dragons, they're so cool, but they're also so detailed so a first tattoo wouldn't be ideal...
Originally posted by Fawne
I have nothing against tattoos..the real question is what are you looking for anyway..something innocent or something like a skull with blood all over it ? perhaps you seem to be someone who wants anything involving steve irwin..do note that this is there FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER and so on..but it is your choice..but i think you should get a crocidile perhaps?
A Steve Irwin tattoo is also a good choice, I mean it's not like I'm going to forget him or dislike him is it. If I had one of him, it'd be something to keep him alive & to remember him by. This is how I see ia. happy I'd like him with a Crocodile though, it's what he was most famous for, catching those good ol' Crocs!

NyC-gUrL
You're not seriously considering getting a Steve Irwin tattoo, are you? no expression

Blue Dragon
Why not? It's a good way to remember him... confused

~Kongu_Dude~
hmm

Mr. Sandman
Okay, bit of an obvious question, but in one month, I will be 18, yay! I have planned to get a tattoo on my 18th birthday, that way I feel it's special; my first tattoo on the day I'm 18. Anyway, my question is of what?

To let you know & do please read this, I have interests of what I would like, but for my first one, something good but simple so it's not too detailed & give me loads of pain. Small & simple but still good.

In the future, I will get more detailed ones. I like Chinese Dragons, Tigers, Snakes, Lizards, Wolves, other reptiles & mammals etc...

My first I would like would be a Scorpion, for my horoscope Scorpio. It'd be detailed, but it's something I'd like & it's to do with the date I was born, plus it'd be on my birthday I'd get it done. I also like to read them & collect them too.

Video games & anime/manga could be out of the question. I may like them now, but I might go off them so a tattoo could be a mistake. If I continue to like it in 20 years time, sure, then I'll get one. stick out tongue

You aren't ready for a tattoo.

Mišt
Why not? It's a good way to remember him... confused

Maybe by his family, not by some complete stranger messed

LanceWindu
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Me too.I spelled it right just forgot to cap it.JM roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

No you twit, you called it a death mark, he called it a dark mark...are you blind or just stupid? Wait...it's JM, I have my answer.

Blue Dragon

Mišt
Most likely, but I still think getting some dead guy immortalised on your skin is a bit much of a tribute..

Not to mention it would be mildly disturbing during sex, staring at his face while getting it on...

Blue Dragon
Not really...well not to me. Plus people get tattoos of their family who have died. Okay he's not family but a great guy.

RZA
I agree. I think if you were gonna go with a tattoo of someone. You should've gone with this instead...

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1999/peewee737776gk5.jpg

Blue Dragon
Why?

FoxMeister
Get one of a stingray being shot by a firing squad. OR an otter in a bib

Blue Dragon
Ugh, no thanks! no expression

Anyway, it is done. I got my tattoo & it's on my lower part of the arm, so I can see when wearing ordinary t-shirts. I have no t-shirts with no sleeves. It's a small Scorpio & I got it on Saturday which was my birthday! It looks awsome. happy

I plan on getting another soon though. While waiting a boring one hour & a half, looking around the waiting room at tattoos, I fell in love with a wolf. It's howling in the snow & an orange sky. It's beautiful.

While getting my tattoo, man did it hurt or what!! It feels like the needle doesn't move out of the skin & just dragged through my arm. Shading wasn't so bad though, I actaully watched him do that.

Took only about 10-15 minutes though. That's what I waited all that time for & I was 25 minutes late when meeting my friends for a meal. I left about 10 am to get my tattoo, but two people were already there. I was suppose to be there at 10, but mum was late leaving. Probably my fault too though, should have woke her up earlier.

BobbyD

...one that you'll never regret getting. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.