Grudge 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
My thread got closed on the movie discussion board...my mistake! I should have been more careful before posting the thread.

Anyways, I wanted to continue the conversation here since I didn't get a chance to respond before it was closed. I thought the trailer was really scary, actually, and didn't think it gave away too much..there is going to be a lot more to see, IMO...

I think the sequeal has the potential to be even better than the first!

crazy_shadow
i saw that, it should have stayed...

i saw the commercials, i just wanted to say...it looks as funny as the first one

ariwin
I don't agree. I think it actually looks good. And I think that Tamblyn is going to bring in a differnt type of element to the movie, maybe more serious than SMG did in the first, just because some attach her to be more of a serious actress. I also think that Raimi's involvement adds a lot of credibilty.

Spartan005
Originally posted by ariwin
My thread got closed on the movie discussion board...my mistake! I should have been more careful before posting the thread.

Anyways, I wanted to continue the conversation here since I didn't get a chance to respond before it was closed. I thought the trailer was really scary, actually, and didn't think it gave away too much..there is going to be a lot more to see, IMO...

I think the sequeal has the potential to be even better than the first!

Better than the first??? The first one sucked... it was more of a comedy than a horror movie. This one will suck too...

ariwin
I don't know why there are so many people against this movie. I have to say that I am a big scary movie fan, and like movies that actually scare me as opposed to just killing people off in raunchy ways, that's why I like these movies. They are more about creeping you out as opposed to creating nasty scenes with dead people. I thought the first was a good film, and I think that this one WILL be just as good.

crazy_shadow
well movies /w little girls are getting old, they're not scary anymore...weren't really in the first place IMO

there aren't any movies that actually have made me "scared" because movies are just something i find as entertainment. and so far ive never been scared of one, yeah i have to admit ive jumped, but thats just shock/surprise not scared...

Impediment
Certain movies are scary to certain people. What scares you might make me laugh or not be scared at all and vice versa.

Spartan005
Originally posted by ariwin
I don't know why there are so many people against this movie. I have to say that I am a big scary movie fan, and like movies that actually scare me as opposed to just killing people off in raunchy ways, that's why I like these movies. They are more about creeping you out as opposed to creating nasty scenes with dead people. I thought the first was a good film, and I think that this one WILL be just as good.

Yeah, I agree with you that movies that just have people brutally killed off with absolutely no suspense is pretty retarded. But I just hate Japanese horror films... they've never scared me and the plot has always been completely retarded.

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
well movies /w little girls are getting old, they're not scary anymore...weren't really in the first place IMO

there aren't any movies that actually have made me "scared" because movies are just something i find as entertainment. and so far ive never been scared of one, yeah i have to admit ive jumped, but thats just shock/surprise not scared...

Yeah same here... it seems that Hollywood always resorts to having little creepy kids trying to scare people because they can't think of anything else. But hey! it worked in NOES, and the 6th Sense... why can't it work here? no expression

crazy_shadow
i didnt think 6th sense was scary, i thought it was just bad ass eek!

but my favorite movie would have to be starship troopers...nothings beaten it yet stick out tongue

Bocaj
Originally posted by Spartan005
Yeah, I agree with you that movies that just have people brutally killed off with absolutely no suspense is pretty retarded. But I just hate Japanese horror films... they've never scared me and the plot has always been completely retarded.

Yeah I think Godzilla is the best they ever dished out. A crippled chick and a meowing kid doesn't really get into my top ten of scariest things

Yeah same here... it seems that Hollywood always resorts to having little creepy kids trying to scare people because they can't think of anything else. But hey! it worked in NOES, and the 6th Sense... why can't it work here? no expression
I think it was in the shining or something of the sort that started the trend I think it was the shining anyway the one with the creepy little twins. A meowing kid somehow doesn't really measure up to them though.
Aside from the whole cliche kids thing the ghosts are kind of unique I mean seriously how many movies can you see a woman who can gurgle like that! I just don't get these commercials though i mean aside from the regular stupid we see in horror films these days the whole idea of a woman reaching for her cell phone while evil spirit creatures are chasing her doesn't make much sense. I'm not gonna go see the main reason is because they made the worst! The dumbest! The most unrealistic thing ever! happen in the last one. A woman is hiding under her covers and gets killed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No evil demon nightmarish fiend chainsaw wielding inbred or mountain man has ever done that in the history of horror no one! Even Freddy has the doesn't kill them under the covers he kills them in another place but never under the covers it's inconceivable!

papabeard
I just watched the japanese sequel and it was laughable, I loved Ju-On but Ju-On 2 is awful, avoid it, I dont know whats happened to it, maybe its the influence of scary movie 4 but it just seemed ridiculous.

Spartan005
Oh God.... My friends dragged me in to see this movie last night and it was absolutely horrible. They just throw in little pictures of the creepy girl and boy as much as possible and the whole theatre goes insane. Am I the only one that doesn't get scared by this at all? I mean, it was so stupid it was laughable.... and what the hell is with the retarded naked little kid that meows?

Bocaj
Oh God.... My friends dragged me in to see this movie last night and it was absolutely horrible. They just throw in little pictures of the creepy girl and boy as much as possible and the whole theatre goes insane. Am I the only one that doesn't get scared by this at all? I mean, it was so stupid it was laughable.... and what the hell is with the retarded naked little kid that meows?
Well the whole he had a cat when he was alive in the first one and that's why he meows was gay.

allofyousuckkk
i didnt think it was to bad, not worth buying but deffinately worth seeing if you have nothing better to do.

One thing I hate is the kids in the movie theatre who think they're pretty f-ing cool going to see a horror, so they need to make asses of themselves and talk during the movie, thinkingit makes them xcore. one kid jumped over the side of the rail onto the walkway out of the theatre(it was low, but it looked high) to entertain hsi friends. I was hoping to hear a crunch and a scream when he hit the ground, but no such luck. Bastards(i realize my rant was like, 5x longer than my review, but work with me, the audience can either make or break a movie)

spencerspider
it was aight..dont know if i would buy it..

crickey77
I really want to see this -- I hear it was much better than the first plus it did really well in the box office weekend. Looks like an entertaining film to get me in teh mood for halloween smile

Spartan005
Originally posted by crickey77
I really want to see this -- I hear it was much better than the first plus it did really well in the box office weekend. Looks like an entertaining film to get me in teh mood for halloween smile

Don't watch it... its just a horrible movie altogether. There's absolutely no plot, the acting sucks.... and all the movie does is have these ridiculous "pop out" scares... that arent' scary at all. In fact, half of the time the ghosts don't even pop out... they'll just slowly crawl towards the screen or something stupid and the whole audience will start screaming like idiots.

SaTsuJiN
I just saw the american one today... and um.. is it just me... or was there a microphone in nearly every shot?.... also it was possible to see the edge of the stage near the ceiling in one of the scenes..... I was mostl apalled... but it had a few good elements

Edit : I guess I'm not alone in seeing the mics
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=513610

spencerspider
i got a question though...SPOILERS

what happened to the boy? did he die or will he be crazy in a third one

end of spoilers

Leathergien
it was as stoopid as the first one!

Ushgarak
Originally posted by papabeard
I just watched the japanese sequel and it was laughable, I loved Ju-On but Ju-On 2 is awful, avoid it, I dont know whats happened to it, maybe its the influence of scary movie 4 but it just seemed ridiculous.

Confusing terminology there...

... because fact is that it is VERY difficult to find the genuine Ju-On 2, doubly so in Europe. And even harder, it seems, to find the original Ju-On.

You are likely to be referring to Ju-On: The Grudge 2, which is sequel to Ju-On: The Grudge.

Which is IN TURN sequel to Ju-On: 2, which is sequel to Ju-On.

The fact that "Ju-On: The Grudge" is actually third in the series, not first, slips a lot of people by, and very few have actually seen the original originals. The original originals, btw, were video movies in Japan; the third movie got the cinematic release based on the popularity of the first two.

I certainly can't get a hold of the damn things.

The American 'The Grudge' is part re-make and part spin-off from, I believe, both Ju-On and Ju-on: The Grudge.

The new American sequel is a completely different story from either Ju-On 2 or Ju-On: The Grudge 2. It is all part of this ever expanding continuity.

(deep breath)

Ok, there.

Takiko_4ever
i think there going to make a part 3...
since it ended that way...

spencerspider
yea with the boy...and um SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

do u actually think that he lived or not? i think he did live and will be crazy in part 3...

END OF SPOILERS

Nordicdusk
Do not know why they can not leave Japanses movies alone.Now they are remaking The Eye this angers me so much.The originals have atmosphere that will not be recreated and thats the main reason these movies are good in the first place.

movie_freak
The Japanese didnt make The Eye. It was the Chinese

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.