Mobile Phone Info.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELLPHONE COULD DO ..

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool

for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it: -

The Emergency Number worldwide for **Mobile** is 112. If you find yourself out of coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. **Try it out.**

Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call Someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk). Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

Subject: Hidden Battery power

Imagine your cell battery is very low, you are expecting an important call and you don't have a charger. Nokia instrument comes with a reserve battery. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

AND

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone:

* # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. when your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either.

If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

PVS
Originally posted by GCG
\

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone:

* # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. when your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.
\

tried it

didnt work

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by PVS
tried it

didnt work

Tried it.

Worked.

Really happy.

GCG
PVS ; Didnt you say your cellphone died on you ?

PVS
Originally posted by GCG
PVS ; Didnt you say your cellphone died on you ?

it did. crappy battery. its alive now

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by GCG

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

I was hoping one of them would be fire extinguisher or buoyancy device. Until I can paddle away from my sinking yacht on my mobile after putting out my flaming clothes with it I pledge to remain unimpressed.

Mišt
Originally posted by PVS
tried it

didnt work

That one actually should work, out of that list. Its a prebuilt number for your phone, your phone provider keeps it as a record if you have trouble setting it up or anything, I had to use that number to fix mine. Its supposed to be a universal code for all phones...wonder why yours didnt work..?

RZA
Originally posted by GCG
2.Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call Someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk). Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

My car doesn't have remote keys but I still don't understand how this could work? How exactly does it work with the cell phone?

Has anyone tried this one yet?

If they do indeed work, they're definitely good tips to have.

PVS

debbiejo
Got a question.............do Mobil (cell) phones work internationally?

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by debbiejo
Got a question.............do Mobil (cell) phones work internationally?

Yes they do. I got a call from England the other day.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Yes they do. I got a call from England the other day. Really?...........hmmmm didn't know they were so Strong to go internationally.

Mr. Sandman
Really?...........hmmmm didn't know they were so Strong to go internationally.

They use satellites.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
They use satellites. Ohhhhh............*learning something new everyday*

You sure?

Mr. Sandman
Ohhhhh............*learning something new everyday*

You sure?

Don't make me get sarcastic.

debbiejo
Do it! It would make my day to destroy you. laughing out loud

PVS
no, he said "dont make me get sarcastic" and not "dont make me spam this thread with nonsensical gibberish"

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
no, he said "dont make me get sarcastic" and not "dont make me spam this thread with nonsensical gibberish" So are you all telling me that our cell phone work all over the world???

amity75
Originally posted by GCG

Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call Someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

I so wanted this to work but tried it today at work and alas it failed miserably. sad

docb77
So are you all telling me that our cell phone work all over the world???

Sure, anywhere they've built a compatible cell tower. Of course the roaming charges would likely kill you, so I'd keep local unless you're rich.

debbiejo
Originally posted by docb77
Sure, anywhere they've built a compatible cell tower. Of course the roaming charges would likely kill you, so I'd keep local unless you're rich. Thanks..........I thought my phone was only in the domestic states.

RZA
So are you all telling me that our cell phone work all over the world???

No, you have to have what is called a 'world phone' and your phone needs to be on a GSM network, not CDMA or TDM.

Edit: Has anyone tried the unlocking of the keys yet? I'm very curious to know if this works.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by RZA
No, you have to have what is called a 'world phone' and your phone needs to be on a GSM network, not CDMA or TDM.

Edit: Has anyone tried the unlocking of the keys yet? I'm very curious to know if this works.

You only need a world phone if your phone is physically leaving your country. But you can make and recieve international calls from within your country.

GCG
Ohhhhh............*learning something new everyday*

You sure?

I just found out i can talk to people with my phone !

Fishy
Originally posted by GCG
I just found out i can talk to people with my phone !

You mean it isn't just for taking pictures?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.