Question to Ex-Christians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Have you, at any point in your life, asked Christ's forgiveness, asked Him to "come into your heart", or done something similar?

Alliance
No, have you ever found a flaw in your faith and changed something because of it.

If we had done what you'd asked, we wouldn't be EX-Christians now would we.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FeceMan
Have you, at any point in your life, asked Christ's forgiveness, asked Him to "come into your heart", or done something similar?

Along time ago I did. I was also baptised.

Originally posted by Alliance
No, have you ever found a flaw in your faith and changed something because of it.

Yes, I discovered that it was all lies.

Alliance
That question was more aimed toward fece.

By all standards, I was raised agnostic, I never bought into Christian mythology, nor did any of my family. My church taught one thing. How to be a good citizen/neighbor.

Thats why I'm so cool cool

I still value those teachings.

Imperial_Samura

For the first two years of primary school during scripture classes. Once a week (tuesday morning) every week. And I never once felt any different...

... well, slightly irritated because I knew we could be doing better things with our time.

My mother was a Catholic, my father an atheist. They never forced me down either path and empathised the importance of following the path I thought was right - be it Christian, atheist or anything else.

Of course that didn't stop one going to scripture unless one belongs to another religion or had parents who didn't believe in that kind of thing.

Thus I went to scripture and felt nothing much really. Felt nothing when I asked that question, didn't believe. I learnt about Christianity, but it didn't make me believe.

Alliance
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I learnt about Christianity, but it didn't make me believe.

DigiMark007
Similar to Alliance, I bear no ill will toward my former religion (Catholicism). It still is probably basis for my morality in life, and I have nothing but fond memories.

But yeah, Jesus was entrenched within me, Mr. Fece. It took a while to get over it once I stopped believing because it left a huge void in me. But I couldn't keep lying to myself when I blatently knew what I was believing was flawed, at best.

Lana
I was raised Catholic, and to be perfectly honest, never really believed any of it. I went to church and CCD when I was younger, but I really never saw it as anything more than just stories, even at a young age.

So, as an answer to the question in the first post...I'd say no.

lord xyz
Have you, at any point in your life, asked Christ's forgiveness, asked Him to "come into your heart", or done something similar? No, I can't say that I have.

debbiejo
Have you, at any point in your life, asked Christ's forgiveness, asked Him to "come into your heart", or done something similar? Yes I have. I was raised Protestand though found out later was baptized Catholic...........Why do you ask?

Then when I found out the whole truth of it all, I almost jumped off a bridge...........Oh MY GOD!!!..................It took me quite awhile to get over it.........

lord xyz
Actually, now that I think of it, I have once when I was about 6 or so.

And in Primary we had to prayer every morning. Best method that got everyone their atheist.

RocasAtoll
I was raised by my parents to believe what I think is right and trur, and that's what lead my away from Christiantity. Seeing people openly condemn others because of their religion when I was 13 left a scar on me, and having arguments with my sister and actually having her condemn me to hell is what was the turning point.

Well, after that, here's my answer. My mother was Baptist and my father Catholic. When I was young, I got a little of both because my father would take me to Catholic mass, then my mother would take me to a Baptist service. I repented every time I got chance, and basically lived in fear of going to hell. But after a while, I looked away and found my own beliefs instead of my parents.

Alliance
I used to call myself a Christian, but then I realize what a Christian really was, and realize that I really wasnt. I realized that I wasn't religious at all, never had beem, and it was completely illogical to be.

I then of couse explored and synthezied a lot of philosophies, but never and still have not been impressed by any other religion.

Religious philosophy still interests me though.

lord xyz
My Dad is atheist, my Mum is atheist. They have never told me about not believing God or anything like that, unless I've asked them what do they believe. My Mum wants to make sure I am happy if I became Christian (Hence me bein baptised). My Dad hates religion because of how bad nuns have been to him when he was in Africa.

They let me choose my own faith and what I want to believe. And I chose Atheism.

In fact, eveyone who has been given the choice to choose their religion without any forced beliefs and behaviour has chosen none (Atheism). If Atheism is so wrong, how come people choose it over theism and religion? Why are Scientists Atheist?

debbiejo
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
I was raised by my parents to believe what I think is right and trur, and that's what lead my away from Christiantity. Seeing people openly condemn others because of their religion when I was 13 left a scar on me, and having arguments with my sister and actually having her condemn me to hell is what was the turning point.

Well, after that, here's my answer. My mother was Baptist and my father Catholic. When I was young, I got a little of both because my father would take me to Catholic mass, then my mother would take me to a Baptist service. I repented every time I got chance, and basically lived in fear of going to hell. But after a while, I looked away and found my own beliefs instead of my parents. Weird as it may seem, many people change beliefs in their lives and are condemned by family, children and friends........it can be a lonely life until you get your barrings......Try having your kids tell you that you are being influenced by Satan and see how one could handle the conversation in an intelligent way.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by debbiejo
Weird as it may seem, many people change beliefs in their lives and are condemned by family, children and friends........it can be a lonely life until you get your barrings......Try having your kids tell you that you are being influenced by Satan and see how one could handle the conversation in an intelligent way.

Ya, I'm happy that hasn't happened between me and my parents.

Mr. Sandman
I'll ask Christ's forgiveness when I'm convinced he's God.

Alliance
Originally posted by lord xyz
Why are Scientists Atheist?

Scientists arent atheist. There is a correlation, but its far from a broad statement.

Scientists are undoubtedly more rational about religion. They're likely not literalists.

Mayn scientists would take offence being called atheist.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
I'll ask Christ's forgiveness when I'm convinced he's God. I believe he was trying to tell us how we all could be connected to god. Not that he was god.

lord xyz
Scientists arent atheist. There is a correlation, but its far from a broad statement.

Scientists are undoubtedly more rational about religion. They're likely not literalists.

Mayn scientists would take offence being called atheist. Oh I see.

Alliance
no expression

crazy
I am also interested why you are asking fece

debbiejo
Silly me to think so, but a change in mind is a sometimes fair wheather friend...............sad.

FeceMan
That has little to do with the question at hand.

For those of you who said 'yes', be glad and filled with joy--you are to be given a new body, one that is perfect; you will not perish but live forevermore in the presence of Yahweh Elohim.

Now, how does this make you feel, to know you are forgiven and free?

Alliance
It makes me feel like you are a waste of my time.

Imperial_Samura

For those of you who said 'yes', be glad and filled with joy--you are to be given a new body, one that is perfect; you will not perish but live forevermore in the presence of Yahweh Elohim.

Well, strictly speaking, as I said, it didn't make me feel any different, and to be honest I don't actually believe anything happened.

FeceMan
It makes me feel like you are a waste of my time.
What a clever one you are, though I'm not sure why you are answering a question not directed at you.

Alliance
Because you quoted and rsponded to my post. In that response was a question. I can't think of a more obvious direction to your question.

debbiejo

Now, how does this make you feel, to know you are forgiven and free? Oh, you believe in the once saved always saved.......Guess I'm IN then........ big grin

I covered all my bases.... laughing out loud

Imperial_Samura
Oh, you believe in the once saved always saved.......Guess I'm IN then........ big grin

I'd feel like I cheated if in strange cosmic twist of fate I actually made it in based upon the required end scripture prayer that I never felt anything from and wished would end sooner so I could get back to real school work.

Just seems... wrong, somehow.

Lord Urizen

Yes, I used to every single day when I was younger....I would pray an "Our Father" every night after masturbating, promising I would never do it again roll eyes (sarcastic)

You know....being raised Catholic, I figured it was a sin, and I needed to apologize and try not to do it again.....

When I was younger I used to believe all kinds of things...especially in God...I prayed every single night...for protection for my family, freinds, to have a girlfreind, to stop liking guys, for my nose to be smaller, etc.

I prayed for all kinds of stupid shit.....

At around age 16, I was convinced that I should seriously get to know my own religion better. The priests and teachers said, you can't just call yourself Christian and not even know what the Bible teaches, that if you want to be considered a true Christian you have to "live out" the Christian life, and be loyal to the "Word of God"

So....guess what....I read the Bible more....and what do I find ?

Not only that masses of contradictions that exist within the Bible, but the hypocrisy as well....also the encouragement of violence against non-submissive or "infidel" people...

The Bible just as well contradicts scientific logic and fact, and as time passed, for a multitude of reasons, I concluded that the Bible is just at human record of documents, and nothing more.

I also discovered, for the first time, the hypocrisy and hatred that derives from the masses of Christian Fundamentalists and the Right Wing political parties that use the Bible as the foundation for thier views and agendas.

Not to mention the Violent History that both the Catholic and Protestant Church possesses...

Before I knew all of this, I was a naive little boy who thought God was perfect, who thought the Bible was an infallible and reliable source of truth, and that the Church was a sinless and nearly perfect human organization....

The Truth shattered my little fairy tale, and I decided I will not dedicate my life, energy, and being into something I do not truly believe in no

I am still open to the possibility of "God" or "a god" or "gods" but not the mainstream Christian God...that man is a fairy tale.

debbiejo
I'd feel like I cheated if in strange cosmic twist of fate I actually made it in based upon the required end scripture prayer that I never felt anything from and wished would end sooner so I could get back to real school work.

Just seems... wrong, somehow. Soooooo you cheated your way into Heaven eh????
cool

Of course many different denominations have their rituals. Some believe you MUST be baptised, some believe you MUST keep the Sabbath day. Some believe you must pray ONLY in Jesus name, some believe you must take communion and go through the ceremonies. Some believe you must be circumcised, and others feel that you must spread the word A LOT!

Capt_Fantastic

I guess I'd feel pretty good if I'd ever done anything to wrong him.

FeceMan
Oh, you believe in the once saved always saved.......Guess I'm IN then........ big grin

Yes, you are "in".

crazy

Damn that seems way too easy, if I was a christian I would just accept Christ and then do whatever the hell I want, seems pretty easy to me.

Alliance
Oh, its just that easy. So long as you keep paying the Church.

FeceMan
Oh, its just that easy. So long as you keep paying the Church.
Hahaha...ha...haha...no.

Alliance
Ha. yes.

FeceMan
Ha. yes.
You are ignorant. Stop posting in this thread.

Alliance
No? lol...you're calling me ignorant.

FeceMan
Well, you are, so I'm not sure at what you're laughing.

WHAT? You're implying that I'M ignorant? I am astounded! Surely an atheist has never done so in the past!

Alliance
Are you making a generalization about me based on my lack of a religion?

FeceMan
Are you making a generalization about me based on my lack of a religion?
I'm declaring a fact based on your ignorance of the beliefs of Christianity.

Alliance
Hmmm...my ignorance...considering I've read the Bible...and miraculously all your beliefs don't align with main-stream Christian thought.

FeceMan
Hmmm...my ignorance...considering I've read the Bible...and miraculously all your beliefs don't align with main-stream Christian thought.
Those that do not align are incorrect. An arrogant stance, yes, but one backed by Scripture.

Alliance
A scripture which carries NO factual weight. You can use it as a philisophical stance, jsut like any other piece of philosopy, but its not a reality.

FeceMan
A scripture which carries NO factual weight. You can use it as a philisophical stance, jsut like any other piece of philosopy, but its not a reality.
And if one is arguing on the basis of Christian beliefs, what better way to support them than to use the text from which Christianity is founded.

Imperial_Samura
Soooooo you cheated your way into Heaven eh????
cool

Of course many different denominations have their rituals. Some believe you MUST be baptised, some believe you MUST keep the Sabbath day. Some believe you must pray ONLY in Jesus name, some believe you must take communion and go through the ceremonies. Some believe you must be circumcised, and others feel that you must spread the word A LOT!

Well, I was baptised and did the whole "praying to Jesus" thing, but as I have said before I think there should be more to it then that.

If I got in simply because of that I would feel I had cheated (not believing and all) or been cheated. It would be like getting elected Prime Minister simply because I was a student of some exclusive school, rather then because of the things I had done and intended to do.

Alliance
And if one is arguing on the basis of Christian beliefs, what better way to support them than to use the text from which Christianity is founded.

Christians apparently dont exist outside of a book then. If studing anatomy...I'm going to use more than Vesalius.

FeceMan
Christians apparently dont exist outside of a book then.
Clearly, that is what I was saying.

Alliance
Clearly, I'm saying that if you want to exist in a real world, there is more to life than a philosophy.

FeceMan
Clearly, I'm saying that if you want to exist in a real world, there is more to life than a philosophy.
And if Christians are to spread the Gospel and the will of God, how would you suggest going about it? By not reading the Bible?

Alliance
Perhaps there is more to life than a book.

Perhaps spreading shouldn't be a goal.

No one is going to convert me by reciting dogmatic passages from a 2000 piece of historical fiction. You need to appeal to a person...not to a person you want them to be.

But you wouldn't understand this. You're to busy with your nose in a book to realize religion is about PEOPLE and community.

FeceMan
Perhaps there is more to life than a book.

Perhaps spreading shouldn't be a goal.

No one is going to convert me by reciting dogmatic passages from a 2000 piece of historical fiction. You need to appeal to a person...not to a person you want them to be.

But you wouldn't understand this. You're to busy with your nose in a book to realize religion is about PEOPLE and community.
I suppose that it would not be a valid goal to someone ignorant of and against the will of God.

Shakyamunison
I suppose that it would not be a valid goal to someone ignorant of and against the will of God.

God does not have a will; man has a will.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God does not have a will; man has a will.
No. God has a will.

Alliance

You have a will. Not God. I don't give a damn about your god. And you don't know anything about your god.

All you have is rhetoric. If someone disagrees with your non-standard interpretations of Chirstianity, they're evil and "agaisnt the will of God." These sore of irrational and ambiguous responses are standard for people who are so entrapped in their narrow view that they literally suffocate themselves to death in a vortex of restraint, hypocrasiy, and dogma.

There is no "one" right answer. If you think there is, try firing more than a few neurons at a time.

Shakyamunison
No. God has a will.

God is beyond that.

Adam_PoE

It is both undeserved and unfair.

Imperial_Samura
No. God has a will.

It says:

"In the event of my death I hereby leave all l my heavenly possessions to Imperial_Samura."

It was his way of saying thank you for all the things I've helped him with in the past.

I don't see why it should be. I support education - evangelising on the other hand doesn't sit right with me. People should be able to have there religious beliefs without the concern of someone coming up to them and saying "What, you are Buddhist? You're going to Hell mate, unless you listen to the Lord's word"

When I see one group, completely convinced there way is right, based upon the words in a 2000 year old text, accosting another group who is just as convinced they are right based upon there religious text, it just makes me shake my head sadly.

FeceMan
I don't see why it should be. I support education - evangelising on the other hand doesn't sit right with me. People should be able to have there religious beliefs without the concern of someone coming up to them and saying "What, you are Buddhist? You're going to Hell mate, unless you listen to the Lord's word"

When I see one group, completely convinced there way is right, based upon the words in a 2000 year old text, accosting another group who is just as convinced they are right based upon there religious text, it just makes me shake my head sadly.
Those people are acting as assholes. Evangelising isn't being an *******.

(By the way, I've been waiting for someone to make the "shake my head sadly" comment. I was actually betting on Shakyamunison for it, but, oh, well.)

Imperial_Samura

It is a shame then so many are precisely that - which spoils it for all Evangelists.

But to be honest, any religion that has "and thou must spread the word, to convert the masses" as a major part gets that cynical part of my brain going (85% at last count) about its inherent "correctness."

If something is divinely correct, but needs to be marketed by religious door to door salesmen...

That's because I am muscling in on Shaky's territory. Soon I will be the only one known for shaking my head sadly.

Lord Urizen

(By the way, I've been waiting for someone to make the "shake my head sadly" comment. I was actually betting on Shakyamunison for it, but, oh, well.)

Some Evangelicals are genuinely good...

But most of the ones I meet in person and see preaching on tv are just prejudice and annoying roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Its become a fabulously profitable business.

Imperial_Samura
Its become a fabulously profitable business.

Which just goes to show how twisted TV + Capatalism + Religion can be.

Alliance
Indeed. Religion is not supposed to be mixed with government or business.

Lord Urizen
Indeed. Religion is not supposed to be mixed with government or business.

Religion should go back in the Closet

Strangelove
Have you, at any point in your life, asked Christ's forgiveness, asked Him to "come into your heart", or done something similar? After my parents got divorced when I was 8...I stopped believing after that. But then I found out that my dad is a horrible person, so now I'm even more pissed off for getting a shitty father.

I was raised Catholic, baptised and confirmed, but I stopped caring after that...now I'm agnostic

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Religion should go back in the Closet

Hehe.

JesusIsAlive
Don't let the enemy (satan) deceive you, receive Christ into your heart and life. Hell abounds with atheists. If they could turn back the hands of time they would desperately reach for Jesus and the chance to go to Heaven. But there is no more hope for them. Don't be numbered among them. The Holy Spirit bears witness that what I speak is Truth.

Jesus Christ is Lord. Do you want eternal life? Then admit that you are a sinner, then ask Jesus Christ to give you life eternal. Jesus does not condemn you, He died for you. Will you accept Jesus now? This good news is for anyone to take advantage of. God loves the world and gave His only Begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Love (i.e. Jesus Christ) wants to take you out of darkness and into His marvelous light. Will you accept? Jesus' heart desire is to give you everlasting love, life, joy, peace, comfort, happiness, glory, and sin-free consciousness. Will you receive His love? Simply ask Jesus Christ to save you from sin, satan, and from Hell. Repent: turn away from sin after admitting that you are a sinner. Jesus will wash away every sin and pour out His love upon you. The words that I speak to you are the true sayings of God Almighty. Read the Bible and see that the Lord is good. He is not holding anything against you. He has not condemned you. Jesus came to save souls not condemn them. Love--Jesus Christ--will wait for your decision. If you should choose satan, your decision will be honored by God. But choose Life, choose the Prince of Peace, choose Jesus Christ, the Son of God and you will receive eternal life. This good news is for everyone and anyone else who reads it

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Don't let the enemy (satan) deceive you, receive Christ into your heart and life. Hell abounds with atheists. If they could turn back the hands of time they would desperately reach for Jesus and the chance to go to Heaven. But there is no more hope for them. Don't be numbered among them. The Holy Spirit bears witness that what I speak is Truth.

Jesus Christ is Lord. Do you want eternal life? Then admit that you are a sinner, then ask Jesus Christ to give you life eternal. Jesus does not condemn you, He died for you. Will you accept Jesus now? This good news is for anyone to take advantage of. God loves the world and gave His only Begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Love (i.e. Jesus Christ) wants to take you out of darkness and into His marvelous light. Will you accept? Jesus' heart desire is to give you everlasting love, life, joy, peace, comfort, happiness, glory, and sin-free consciousness. Will you receive His love? Simply ask Jesus Christ to save you from sin, satan, and from Hell. Repent: turn away from sin after admitting that you are a sinner. Jesus will wash away every sin and pour out His love upon you. The words that I speak to you are the true sayings of God Almighty. Read the Bible and see that the Lord is good. He is not holding anything against you. He has not condemned you. Jesus came to save souls not condemn them. Love--Jesus Christ--will wait for your decision. If you should choose satan, your decision will be honored by God. But choose Life, choose the Prince of Peace, choose Jesus Christ, the Son of God and you will receive eternal life. This good news is for everyone and anyone else who reads it

Are you even trying to post things relevant to the topic?

Anyway, back to the closet with you. pokey

crazy

This sounds like JIA giving up! We might have done it folks... we might get JIA out of here.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by crazy
This sounds like JIA giving up! We might have done it folks... we might get JIA out of here.

Giving up on whom or what Crazy. I will not ever give up on anyone here, ever.

dark99
than why do you keep posting irrelevant comments...

debbiejo
JIA didn't you post these same paragraphs in another thread?

dark99
yes he did...

Imperial_Samura
JIA didn't you post these same paragraphs in another thread?

Maybe... his posts have reached some sort of critical mass and are now sentient and self replicating... capable of copying themselves to whatever thread they wish....

RUN TO THE HILLS! BEFORE THEY GET US ALL!

Alliance
A ban could solve that.

debbiejo
Maybe... his posts have reached some sort of critical mass and are now sentient and self replicating... capable of copying themselves to whatever thread they wish....

RUN TO THE HILLS! BEFORE THEY GET US ALL! Replicators!!! SG9 eek!

Alliance
Those things are anoying. Soon to be SG10 though.

Lord Urizen
Giving up on whom or what Crazy. I will not ever give up on anyone here, ever.

Bullshit...you gave up on me.

You never answer any of my questions, even when I am sincere. You want to convert me, yet when I bring up challenging questions, you simply refuse to answer.

When you put people on ignore, that automatically means that you gave up on them, regardless.

What's the matter JIA? Is your will not strong enough? You will easily give up on those who wont immediately submit ?

MY SOUL NEEDS SAVING ! laughing

FeceMan
MY SOUL NEEDS SAVING ! laughing
We've been over this.

Lord Urizen
We've been over this.

According to you, I am already saved simply because when I used to be Christian I asked Jesus to enter my life, and I asked to be saved long ago...

According to JIA, I am not saved because:

1) I am bisexual

2) I am no longer a beleiver

3) I am a Child of Satan

4) I am an "Anti-Christ"

5) I refuse to change what I am

6) I refuse to beleive everything he beleives

7) I think the Bible is mostly fiction

SO JIA, if this is so..then why have you given up on me ?

lord xyz
According to you, I am already saved simply because when I used to be Christian I asked Jesus to enter my life, and I asked to be saved long ago...

1) I am bisexual

3) I am a Child of Satan

4) I am an "Anti-Christ"

SO JIA, if this is so..then why have you given up on me ? I am the same. (Almost)

Alliance
I am the same. (Almost)

I am the same except I'm not bisexual.

Lord Urizen
I am the same. (Almost)

Then we can go to Hell TOGETHER ! big grin

OMG RSVP !

I am the same except I'm not bisexual.

You sure ? wink

Alliance
You sure ? wink

laughing Yes. I think everyone is bisexual to some degree, but men just don't really "do it" for me smile.

Lord Urizen
laughing Yes. I think everyone is bisexual to some degree, but men just don't really "do it" for me smile.

I believe the same thing. I thnk bisexuality is the prime orientation, and all of us are just on a different point on the scale.

Alliance

FeceMan

1) I am bisexual

3) I am a Child of Satan

4) I am an "Anti-Christ"

'Cause he's dumb.

Alliance
'Cause he's dumb.

But then again he'd say the same about you. As would I.

FeceMan
But then again he'd say the same about you. As would I.
I'd suggest you learn to differentiate between alleged stupidity and perceived ignorance and narrow-mindedness.

Alliance
I certainly believe I can. I agree with you on JIA, you just don't realize that you two are of the same breed.

FeceMan
I certainly believe I can. I agree with you on JIA, you just don't realize that you two are of the same breed.
And here I thought that actually addressing points that you raise and answering them thoroughly wasn't being stupid.

Shucks.

Alliance
Listen, if you don't want to talk to me, then don't. I give you the same courtesies.

debbiejo
This is a "Once saved Always Saved"......So I am ok, but what about the scripture that says.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Rev. 22:19

There goes the "once saved only saved"..........Hmm

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:18-19

Guess we shall await the plagues.

The believer's salvation is forfeited by rejecting Christ (John 17:12; Hebrews 10:38; 1 Timothy 4:1; 5:12, 15; 1 John 5:16; 2 Peter 2:20; Hebrews 10:26, 27; 6:4-6).

Imperial_Samura

1) I am bisexual

3) I am a Child of Satan

4) I am an "Anti-Christ"

Similar - though I am not a bisexual, I don't believe in Satan and therefore am not his child nor an Anti-Christ.

And I will change those things that need changing, but my religious beliefs don't need changing, so I wont change myself in that aspect (without some exceptional reason)

FeceMan
By the way, for those saying that Hebrews works against this belief: the passages used by those against the concept of eternal security are an allusion to the Israelites wandering in the desert.

debbiejo
But I showed scriptures where it was said that people can be blotted out of the book of life.................God changes NOT.

Are there two gods???

FeceMan
But I showed scriptures where it was said that people can be blotted out of the book of life.................God changes NOT.

Are there two gods???
No, there are not two Yahwehs. I don't know why the Scriptures say that; I'll ask at church. However, those refer (or seem to be referring to) one specific event that causes one's name to be removed from the Book of Life, not the loss of salvation for not following Christ.

Tentatively, I'll say that everyone has his or her name written in the Book of Life from the beginning of creation, but those who have sinned and not accepted Christ will have their names removed from it.

Lord Urizen
No, there are not two Yahwehs. I don't know why the Scriptures say that; I'll ask at church. However, those refer (or seem to be referring to) one specific event that causes one's name to be removed from the Book of Life, not the loss of salvation for not following Christ.

Tentatively, I'll say that everyone has his or her name written in the Book of Life from the beginning of creation, but those who have sinned and not accepted Christ will have their names removed from it.

"The Book of Life" was originally an Egyptian mythos concept....Christianity borrowed that idea as well.

FeceMan
"The Book of Life" was originally an Egyptian mythos concept....Christianity borrowed that idea as well.
kk

Lord Urizen
kk

There's nothing wrong with borrowing Feceman...as long as credit is given to the orginal source.

I have nothing against the Bible borrowing ideas from the mythos that preceded it, in fact, I truly beleive that is ALL it is....but to pretend as if the Bible was NOT influenced by the religions before it, is an ignorant denial of the self-evident fact, and that denial does not warrant respect...at least not in my book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.