Count Dooku and ROTS Obi Wan versus Anakin Skyalker (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Which team wins?

Dooku and Obi Wan are allowed time to practice until they can make their styles mesh.

Anakin is holding Palpatine hostage.

GO!

Council#13
Dooku and Kenobi

Rampant ox
Dooku and Kenobi with relative ease. Kenobi knows all of Anakins moves etc, hence the reason he won on Mustafar. Adding in the Count will only hasten the process.

Nikkolas
You can aruge they're both below Anakin but Dooku is not significiantly below Anakin. Add to this that Obi-Wan knows Anakin to a fault and Dooku's skill, they beat the tar out of the pumped-up little *****.

Darth Sexy
Dooku and Obiwan

kamikz
Dooku and Obi-Wan pwn. Both of them is still a damn good match individually, Obi because he knows Anakin inside out, and Dooku because he is damn skilled and experienced, and better with the force....

ESB -1138
This is overkill. Anakin had a lot of trouble fighting Obi-Wan and lost because Kenobi knows him inside and out and knows his moves and his weakness. Dooku is a powerful Sith with splendid skills in lightsaber and great knowledge of the force.

Obi-Wan & Dooku WTFpwn Anakin

Darth Subjekt
Well even though the only reason Anakin lost to OB1 was becasue he was blinded by rage (and he needed to get in the suit, stick out tongue) OB1 and Dooku are just way too much for Anakin. No chance of a divide and conquer here. Especially if they have time to mesh their styles together.

Anakin fairs for about 5 minutes, then gets stomped out.

Kaos sebaceous
didnt rots kenobi beat rots anakin??hmmmm no expression

darthsith19
The duo for sure. Kenobi alone did this in ROTS and even though it was only because Anakin f*cked up, still, even if he hadn't their close. Meanwhile Dooku is even closer to Anakin, IMO if Anakin hadn';t used his anger on Dooku in ROTS Dooku might have beaten him. So alone eitehr one of the duo is close to Anakin so I see no reason why the 2 combined wouldn't beat him comfortably.

Darth Subjekt
Actually, Anakin DIDN 'T use his anger against him, and he pwned him. Dooku even said "you dont use them." And it was further explained in the novel. But dont get it twisted, I dont want to turnthis into another Dooku/Anakin debate..thats been settled. And Anakin would have beaten OB1 if he wasnt so mad...but the duo still F*UCK Anakin up. Theyre too much for him.

Blue_Hefner
Anakin could kill Dooku in the same few sceonds he did in ROTS. Then he could kill Oafy even faster. The only reasons Annie lost to Oafy in ROTS was because Annie had just fought most of the Jedi and still put up a helluva fight, and ANH was made before ROTS.

Darth Kreiger
Dooku/Obi-wan, you think they care he has the Emperor? Obi-Wan Soresu stops him and Dooku stabs him, and they both drink Martinis, while they laugh and say "Finally that whiny ***** is dead"

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Kenobi knows all of Anakins moves etc, hence the reason he won on Mustafar.

Nope. Beat him because Anakin was in a broken mental state.
He was handicapped. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anakin with a clear and focused mind would've made Obi-Wan do the backstroke in the lava.

I think as long as Anakin could somehow utilise an attack to stun Obi-Wan for a little bit,(A la Dooku), then he could fight off Dooku and out-technique his ass like he did in the movie.

Then resume his duel with Obi-Wan and B*tch-slap his ass into the ground.

With both of them constantly attacking Anakin non-stop though, I don't know...

Unless he was able to think of somthing good really quick, he'd be dead as a doorknob.

Btw, FYI, Anakin knew all of Obi-Wan's moves too...renske

Double-edged sword, remember?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Actually, Anakin DIDN 'T use his anger against him, and he pwned him. Dooku even said "you dont use them." And it was further explained in the novel. But dont get it twisted, I dont want to turnthis into another Dooku/Anakin debate..thats been settled. And Anakin would have beaten OB1 if he wasnt so mad...but the duo still F*UCK Anakin up. Theyre too much for him.
Wrong, after Dooku tauneted Anakin and said he didn't use his anger and fear Anakin went beserk on Dooku.

Darth Sexiest

Damn...I didn't see this post...

Yeah guys, he's pretty much right...

But I do see Anakin possibly turning the tables...

(Really slim chance though.)

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by darthsith19
Wrong, after Dooku tauneted Anakin and said he didn't use his anger and fear Anakin went beserk on Dooku.

Sorry to say, your wrong.

Anakin didn't use his anger on Dooku.

He utilised the same frame of mind Obi-Wan did in his final duel with Darth Maul.

He used Fury.

(In the Martial Arts world, Fury is defined as "Tapped rage"wink

In other words, It was completely controlled agression, tapped into one powerful fuel source. Not out of control at all.

Darth Subjekt
He never once used anger. It the novel it describes him being bascially clear minded as possible, and all he had to do to win, was dicide. At that time he understood that giving into his hate and anger, he would severly diminish his chance of winning. At the end he could have pwned OB1 had he been in the same mind state. The only difference would be that OB1 knows Anakins basic combat techniques (being that they have different styles). And that would help him, but he'd still lose. Nick Gillard said that once he turned to the darkside however, that he went from a level 8 to a level 9. And I know people like to say he doesnt know shit, but really, would GL let him say something that he doesnt feel to be true or that would contradict what his vision is? No, he wouldnt keep his or even Rick's comments in there if he didnt agree. So I would take that as a canon source. BUT, I think in this instance Anakin wouldnt be able to take them both out...as much as I love Anakin.(in a total non gay way laughing )

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
I think as long as Anakin could somehow utilise an attack to stun Obi-Wan for a little bit,(A la Dooku), then he could fight off Dooku and out-technique his ass like he did in the movie.

That would be the only way Anakin would be able to win - divide and conquer. But he would have to take out Obi-Wan while fighting Dooku. I dont think he has enough control to do that in ROTS. Even if he did Dooku would be able to hold his own until Kenobi got up again.

Lol true, I didnt think of it like that.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Rampant ox
That would be the only way Anakin would be able to win - divide and conquer. But he would have to take out Obi-Wan while fighting Dooku. I dont think he has enough control to do that in ROTS. Even if he did Dooku would be able to hold his own until Kenobi got up again.

Good points, Rampant. wink

Lol true, I didnt think of it like that.

Hehe... stick out tongue

darthsith19
Fury is a synonym of anger and no one ever said anger was uncontrolled rage. So in essence I am right.

Since when does anger = unclead minded?

Darth Sexiest
Fury is a synonym of anger and no one ever said anger was uncontrolled rage. So in essence I am right.

Fury, according to Martial Artists, the experts on combat, Is controlled anger, not uncontrolled, as you are putting it, so in essence you are wrong, sir.

Dosen't matter does it? He wasen't angry.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
Dosen't matter does it? He wasen't angry.
Anger and fury are the same thing! Ask your English teacher, their the same thing! Or aks Ush, he's an englisg teacher...

Nikkolas
Anakin did use his anger. You think Palpatine doesn't fight with anger? He simply can control it

And no one said this was only sabers. So, if this was a full-fight with The Force and sabers, Anakin will by no means beat Dooku in a short time. Raw Force power is useless against experienced Force power. And I'm not just talking about lightning. I'm pretty sure Dooku knows more about The Force and powers with it than Anakin does at this point.

Anakin goes down.

Darth Subjekt

I'm not the one who said he was angry, cause he was not angry at all. The novel makes this as clear as his mind was. Sorry to tell you.Originally posted by Nikkolas
Anakin did use his anger. You think Palpatine doesn't fight with anger? He simply can control it

And no one said this was only sabers. So, if this was a full-fight with The Force and sabers, Anakin will by no means beat Dooku in a short time. Raw Force power is useless against experienced Force power. And I'm not just talking about lightning. I'm pretty sure Dooku knows more about The Force and powers with it than Anakin does at this point.

Anakin goes down.

Proof? Can you prove he used anger to kill dooku? I can prove that he didn't. Until you see what dooku can do, you have no choice but to speculate. You don't know what Anakin or Dooku could truely do. And if Dooku really was that good, he would have used the force on him in the movie. It wasn't like palpatine said, "OK guys, you can fight now, but only sabers...no force powers." No, f*ck that. In a fight, you do everything you can, if not, and you die as a result, you deserve it cause you're not as good as you thought ir as in control as you thought.

Individually, Anakin could own both, as he proved with Dooku's trick ass. But together, he loses. The onslaught would be too relentless from both combatants for him to do any real damage. He might mortally would one while the other attacks him from the back. Anakin has no chance at a divide and conquer.

Also, on a side note, if Anakin was in the mind state he was when fighting Kenobi, he would mos def lose. THAT"S rage and not thinking clearly. But at the time of the ROTS Anakin/Dooku fight, Anakin did not use one ounce of anger, rage, pissed offedness, hate, fear, or...anything synonymous with anger.

Also, yes Palps does fight with anger, he's a sith, Anakin was a Jedi...big difference. But even later as mech vader, he didnt use his anger near as much, rather he had superb control over it.

darthsith19
Did I say you ever said he was angry? No, I didn't. All the novel says is he was clear minded and I asked when it was declared that you could be both angry and clear-minded at the same time.

Darth Subjekt
The duo for sure. Kenobi alone did this in ROTS and even though it was only because Anakin f*cked up, still, even if he hadn't their close. Meanwhile Dooku is even closer to Anakin, IMO if Anakin hadn';t used his anger on Dooku in ROTS Dooku might have beaten him. So alone eitehr one of the duo is close to Anakin so I see no reason why the 2 combined wouldn't beat him comfortably. Originally posted by darthsith19

So yes you DID say he was angry, or used his anger...I wasnt implying that you said I said it. I was just clarifying because i figured youwere answering me...miscommunication...thumb up

darthsith19
I was answering you. You said he doesn't use his anger, but he does. He uses it only after Dooku taunts him, which is what I was trying to say in the second quote of mine that you posted.

Darth Subjekt
but he DID NOT use anger...at ALL. Its not even up for debate...thats been stated NUMEROUS times. There is no point to argue it..its already been proven...

Nikkolas
Sigh...man you are bias.

" understood how Skywalker was getting stronger... He was half-Sith already and he didn't even know it. And even now, he was holding himself back. ...Dooku could feel how Skywalker kept his fury banked behind walls of will."

"Then, Sidious for some reason, decided to intervene...'rage is your weapon. Strike now, strike. kill him.'"

"And all for nothing because a nuclear flame has consumed Anakin Skywalker's Jedi restraint and fear becomes fury without effort... But for Anakin, in the fight there is only terror and rage... But Palpatine's words 'rage is your weapon' had given Anakin permission to unseal the shielding around his furnace-heart... His firewalls had opened so that the terror and the rage are out there. In the fight instead of in his head."

Your arguments are pitiful next to facts. Anakin used the dark side to beat Dooku. Accept it.

Advent
But at the time of the ROTS Anakin/Dooku fight, Anakin did not use one ounce of anger, rage, pissed offedness, hate, fear, or...anything synonymous with anger.

Since I'm not going to bother to read this entire debate (as it's completely nothing but unsupported bullshit), I'm going to post one passage from the Revenge of the Sith novelization:

"A starburst of clarity blossoms within Anakin Skywalker's mind, when he says to himself Oh. I get it, now and discovers that the fear within his heart can be a weapon, too. "

There's also about oh say, eight or so references to Anakin using his anger, his rage, and such as a weapon. This differs from how he dueled Kenobi in the way that he was attacking with blind rage, not thinking clearly, not "using his fear" to conquer. His rage conquered him.

Darth Subjekt
"And even now, he was holding himself back; even now, as he landed at Dooku's flank and rained blows upon the Sith Lord's defenses, even as he drove Dooku backward step after step, Dooku could feel how Skywalker kept his fury banked behind walls of will: walls that were hardened by some uncontrollable dread. "

The one holding himself back is Anakin.

"in the fight instead of in his head, and Anakin's mind is clear as a crystal bell.
In that pristine clarity, there is only one thing he must do.
Decide.
So he does.
He decides to win."

Reading that meant to me that, yes he had rage in there, but was holding it back and not using it...if it was a misuderstanding on my part, i apologize. But when i think of using fear and anger, i think of his fight with OB1. That and Dooku said that he didnt use them...so i figured he didnt use them at all...until he had already beated him and cut off his head. SO in essence, thats the same as when Mace uses Vaapad, correct?

And its not being bias at all...the fact is that he beat Dooku, thats whats important part, not so much how he did it. But i was trying to convey the difference between their fight, and the fight with OB1....but like I said, if i misunderstood...my bad...I can admit it...thats what a man does...

Nikkolas
Yes, yes, we've been over he beat Dooku. Hooray. The fact is, this is not Anakin v. Dooku. This is Dooku and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. A Dooku and Obi-Wan who have been given time to practice techniques as a team, no less. So...if Dooku uses The Force and Obi-Wan uses sabers, they could win. Or any other number of ways. Not a pwn. A win.

Darth Subjekt
as ive said plenty of times...i never once said that Anakin could win this...i was saying that if he used his rage in this fight(which sparked the whole rage vs Dooku sub-topic) he would lose even quicker. Thats all.

Nikkolas
Ah. Righto. Sorry.

Dooku/Obi win. Yay.

Advent
Reading that meant to me that, yes he had rage in there, but was holding it back and not using it...

Except that was before Dooku had taunted him, once Dooku did taunt him, the quotes provided by Nikkolas and myself come into play. So, yes: he did use his anger, his fear, his emotions against Dooku to win.

And the second quote you provided came long after the first quote. It comes immediately after the quote I provided, where he is using his emotions as weapons.

Darth Subjekt
ok the way you posted it beofre (the mega post) i just misinturrepted it. My bad.Originally posted by Nikkolas
Ah. Righto. Sorry.

Dooku/Obi win. Yay.
All good...yea Ani Poo goes down like a 2 dollar hooker at nickle beer night.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.