Ironman vs The Thing h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sam Z
hand to hand fight only. No weapon, no flight.
Who wins?

Scoobless
Iron Man is too fast for him... and he recently proved that he can outdo Cap in H2H

Sam Z
Cap is too weak for him h2h.

Scoobless
Too slow as well

H. S. 6
You better believe Iron Man has all of Thing's fighting techniques and abilities on file.

Their strength is probably on or around equal, and Iron Man is much faster. He defeats Thing handily.

Galan777
Originally posted by H. S. 6
You better believe Iron Man has all of Thing's fighting techniques and abilities on file.

Their strength is probably on or around equal, and Iron Man is much faster. He defeats Thing handily. 100% correct

Grimm22
Bah, Ben is still tougher and better fighter.

Ben takes the majority wink

Ben 8-9/10

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Grimm22

Ben 8-9/10

doh

By the by, does Ben need to breathe?

Grimm22
doh

By the by, does Ben need to breathe?

Alright fine glare

Ben 7/10

I still say he takes it though erm

H. S. 6
Alright fine glare

Ben 7/10

I still say he takes it though erm

Yeah, I guess that works... when you ignore the fact that Iron Man won't be touched if he doesn't want to be.

His speed is far greater than Ben's. Besides, like I said before, Iron Man will have all of Ben's fighting styles, techniques, weaknesses, etc. on file. If he can best Cap in the skill area, he can best Ben.

Scoobless
Thing loses this.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3272/img010sl9.th.jpg

The speed of sound is 1130 feet/sec....IM just punched that guy at over mach 3 (or at least the equivalent thereof)

boriquaking55

Ben 8-9/10

I would agree normally but since it's now apparant IM seems to know exactly how Thing would fight - he'd probably never even let Ben hit him

Grimm22
Yeah, I guess that works... when you ignore the fact that Iron Man won't be touched if he doesn't want to be.

His speed is far greater than Ben's. Besides, like I said before, Iron Man will have all of Ben's fighting styles, techniques, weaknesses, etc. on file. If he can best Cap in the skill area, he can best Ben.

He didnt really "best" Cap in skills, he just memorized all of Cap's skills erm

However this depends. Does Tony have his jets and whatnot erm

If so then his speed will prorobly be too much for even Ben.

However without them, Ben takes it

H. S. 6
He didnt really "best" Cap in skills, he just memorized all of Cap's skills erm

However this depends. Does Tony have his jets and whatnot erm

If so then his speed will prorobly be too much for even Ben.

However without them, Ben takes it

It was stored in the suit's database (or whatever you want to call it).

Like I said, you better believe he's going to have access to everything Ben does in a fight. His techniques, styles, etc. I only made the analogy with Cap, because if he can predict Cap's moves and counteract them at every turn, he's going to be able to do the same thing to Thing.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Thing loses this.

The speed of sound is 1130 feet/sec....IM just punched that guy at over mach 3 (or at least the equivalent thereof)

Hot damn!

Nice scan. thumb up

Grimm22
It was stored in the suit's database (or whatever you want to call it).

Like I said, you better believe he's going to have access to everything Ben does in a fight. His techniques, styles, etc. I only made the analogy with Cap, because if he can predict Cap's moves and counteract them at every turn, he's going to be able to do the same thing to Thing.

Hot damn!

Nice scan. thumb up

Well if thats the case then IM wins erm

I thought this was just pure h2h, just the suit and thats it, no boots or whatever

juggernaut66666
Thing loses this.

jawdrop Ironman beats the shit out of Thing

H. S. 6
Well if thats the case then IM wins erm

I thought this was just pure h2h, just the suit and thats it, no boots or whatever

Well, then it becomes just Tony in a hunk of metal. That's not even Iron Man. stick out tongue

I'm assuming he has access to at least the basic functions of the suit; just no flying, repulsor rays, forcefields, etc.

Mindship
Thing loses this.

That's so cool.
As much as I like Ben, IM's speed advantage is just too great. And if he can match (best?) Cap in h2h, plus has a Ben file...sorry, Mr. Grimm.

IM ftw 7/10.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mindship
That's so cool.
As much as I like Ben, IM's speed advantage is just too great. And if he can match (best?) Cap in h2h, plus has a Ben file...sorry, Mr. Grimm.

IM ftw 7/10.

"Best?"

There is no question, no uncetainty. He was beating Cap into submission. stick out tongue

Validus
Am I missing something here? Jobber auras aside, why is a Class 90 beating Captain America into submission impressive?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Validus
Am I missing something here? Jobber auras aside, why is a Class 90 beating Captain America into submission impressive?

I'm referring to the fact that he knew all of Cap's moves, and was countering them left and right. wink

How Cap is still standing after that? Well, Cap does have a jobber aura that stretches into the darkest corners of the universe. Marvel's answer would probably be "Well, Iron Man was holding back. He didn't want to kill his own friend. Blah, blah, etc." stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555

Bingo!!!!

exactly. i mean, its nice that Iron man beat Cap into oblivion in all, but is it really impressive that he "bested" cap in H2h telegraphing/having caps fighting style memorized, not to mention even if cap landed blows it would have inflicted no damage?

and yes, h.s.6 , Iron man did infact Not want to kill Cap, it would have been completely out of character for him to do so in that situation. i dont think it was bad writeing (not saying that thats what you were implying)

Grimm22
Nah, its just a showing of Cap's will power big grin

Validus
I'm referring to the fact that he knew all of Cap's moves, and was countering them left and right. wink

How Cap is still standing after that? Well, Cap does have a jobber aura that stretches into the darkest corners of the universe. Marvel's answer would probably be "Well, Iron Man was holding back. He didn't want to kill his own friend. Blah, blah, etc." stick out tongue
Well Iron Man is a fast guy by Cap standards. He should be able to dodge and block with ease.

ExtraMision5555
but anyways, back on topic** If iron man has things moves memorized (which would mean they've fought before?) the yes, theirs not MUCH thing could do against IM. And isint IM a little more duable than thing?

Grimm22
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
but anyways, back on topic** If iron man has things moves memorized (which would mean they've fought before?) the yes, theirs not MUCH thing could do against IM. And isint IM a little more duable than thing?

Without his sheilds?!? What the f**k?

Hell no.

If Ben could get ahold of Tony he would peel his suit off like a Tin Can.

The problem is that he cant because Tony is just too damn fast and knows all of his moves

ExtraMision5555
Without his sheilds?!? What the f**k?

Hell no.

If Ben could get ahold of Tony he would peel his suit off like a Tin Can.

The problem is that he cant because Tony is just too damn fast and knows all of his moves

So im confused, his new armour, is he always wearing it now? and it is composed of adamentium?

ExtraMision5555
Now wait a second

So theoreticly, shouldent IM be impervious to all fighters PERIOD, then, pertty much? To a large extent, excludeing the Truely talented fighters, i mean its not like thing is going to be fighting in a pre-programmed fashion here*

I can see IM's suit recognizeing the time of 'manuver' per say that thing is using, and it could react accordingly. But if thing did realized that was going on and just started behaving unnaturally, for lack of a better word, considering the suit isint just running off of a general fight program (as in non-exclusive to thing), then Thing shuold be able to tag him.

But keep in mind this is all disregarding IM's speed. im not factoring that in right now

Scoobless

Cap didn't manage to land a single punch

ExtraMision5555

well, technically, he landed a few actually

Grimm22
To be fair, Tony was a dick and attacked Cap from behind when he was fighting Spidey erm

Scoobless
To be fair, Tony was a dick and attacked Cap from behind when he was fighting Spidey erm

Cap was a dick first for sucker punching Tony with that electron scrambler... he got what he asked for

cool

Validus
I'm not impressed.

ExtraMision5555
I'm not impressed.

and you shuoldent be smile
as impressive as a grown man beating a child

Grimm22
Cap was a dick first for sucker punching Tony with that electron scrambler... he got what he asked for

cool

Hey, Cap isnt the one starting giant prisons for people who wear Capes no expression

jasonk3
Iron man takes this 8/10

Scoobless
Hey, Cap isnt the one starting giant prisons for people who wear Capes no expression

Only 'cos he's not smart enough to think of it.... in fact I think he formed this whole rebellion because he's angry at how dumb Tony, Hank and Reed make him look all the time... that and he wasn't let into their little Illuminati club

stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555
Only 'cos he's not smart enough to think of it.... in fact I think he formed this whole rebellion because he's angry at how dumb Tony, Hank and Reed make him look all the time... that and he wasn't let into their little Illuminati club

stick out tongue laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud

Darth Vegas

Their strength is probably on or around equal, and Iron Man is much faster. He defeats Thing handily.

QFT.

DarkCrawler
I agree that Iron Man would win the majority, but it has not really been proven that he knows all Thing's moves, since he hasn't really been around him...with Cap he was in Avengers for years with him, and has probably watched all kinds of documents.

By the way, did anyone read the latest Iron Man? Those armors were the shit, Namorbuster owned Namor, and the Juggernaut-like one-shotted Wolverine...

bigbran
Am I missing something here? Jobber auras aside, why is a Class 90 beating Captain America into submission impressive? He read my mind.

Just like Sentry beating Wolverine is impressive.

Innerhype
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
By the way, did anyone read the latest Iron Man? Those armors were the shit, Namorbuster owned Namor, and the Juggernaut-like one-shotted Wolverine...

No kidding, those armors utterly own bad-ass big time!! cool

Kinda bites they had to go...

Grimm22
I agree that Iron Man would win the majority, but it has not really been proven that he knows all Thing's moves, since he hasn't really been around him...with Cap he was in Avengers for years with him, and has probably watched all kinds of documents.

Eh, it was kind of crappy writing erm

I mean Ben had trouble lifting the 60 Ton Hulkbuster?!? What the f**k?

But the Wolveirne ownage was pure gold big grin stick out tongue

wolvertooth
ironman wins this without problem 10/10

ban is just dumb fighter and ironman outclass him in everything , strength speed durability

the thing is dead

wolvertooth

By the way, did anyone read the latest Iron Man? and the Juggernaut-like one-shotted Wolverine...

what issue was that? can you tell me the issue?

wolvertooth

By the way, did anyone read the latest Iron Man? and the Juggernaut-like one-shotted Wolverine...

H. S. 6
Well Iron Man is a fast guy by Cap standards. He should be able to dodge and block with ease.

So should Spider-Man. But look at their fight.

Like I said, ask Marvel. stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555

thumb up

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by wolvertooth

Iron Man #12 I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.