Do You Think Some Of Marvel's Cosmics Will Be Wiped Out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan777
Well when the mutants of marvel started growing too vast in numbers Marvel decided to release "HOM" and have a mass depowerment where 90% of all the mutants lost their abilities. My question is if you think Marvels' cosmics are destined for such a depowerment in the near or distant future? It seems to me like everytime you turn around there is a new cosmic being........What do you think?

H. S. 6
I hope so.

Galan777
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I hope so. It seems to me like there is just way to many of them, in the past they were a rare breed, but now it seems like its nothing for a character to become a cosmic being, and Marvel keeps creating cosmics left and right

Galan777
anyone?

Inhuman
nah. keep the cosmics. Their affairs should be different from earthly affairs though. The universe is huge, but we mainly see the same cosmics involved in almost all the universal affairs.
This makes the universe seem tiny.
If anything marvel need more diversity.
Earth heros should rarely tamper with cosmic affairs.
Makes a more interesting universe.
I dont like it when there is a cosmic disturbance and you see hulk, thing, spiderman, captain america, ironman, wolverine, and the ususal others trying to stop the cosmic threat.
They shouldnt involve themselves in cosmic matters.

darthgoober
I don't think they will be depowered so much as fade into the background. The mutants were depowered because writers were using it as an easy explanation of how heroes came by their powers, as opposed to trying to come up with a well thought out origin. But few cosmic entities are actual 'main character' types, so if Marvel gets sick of the numbers, they'll just conveniently "forget" about them, until they're needed.

Galan777
Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't think they will be depowered so much as fade into the background. The mutants were depowered because writers were using it as an easy explanation of how heroes came by their powers, as opposed to trying to come up with a well thought out origin. But few cosmic entities are actual 'main character' types, so if Marvel gets sick of the numbers, they'll just conveniently "forget" about them, until they're needed. yeah this is true, it just seems like lately there has been a resurgence of cosmic characters that has gone overboard IMO

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan777
yeah this is true, it just seems like lately there has been a resurgence of cosmic characters that has gone overboard IMO
Yes but the cosmics can be forgoten about easyer than the mutants. Cosmic types just show up whenever they want anyway, while the majority of mutants are confined to Earth(which means they should always be taken into consideration during worldwide events).

Galan777
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yes but the cosmics can be forgoten about easyer than the mutants. Cosmic types just show up whenever they want anyway, while the majority of mutants are confined to Earth(which means they should always be taken into consideration during worldwide events). Agreed, hopefully Marvel will just "start forgetting" about them.....

bigbran
I hope Galactus wipes out, most of the uneeded ones.
Wait, I can't really think about some that are uneeded.

Draco69
KILL THEM ALL!!

Except Silver Surfer. And Galactus.

That's it though!!

Inhuman
Another thing Earth is minute compared to the whole universe.
How can their be more earth heors/villains than heros/villains in the whole universe.
earth 1 planet. universe = billions,trillions of planets.
They should just stop focusing on some more than others.
I get what your saying but look at it in a different way.
(Plus maybe im not getting what your saying embarrasment )

Broly92
Yes then Pre Rec. Beyonder is real again and brings them back no expression laughing

boriquaking55
Marvel just needs to keep cosmics in the background

For example - why is the watcher even giving a shit about Civil War, why did he have that dissapointed look in CW#4 (as if this event was bigger than, say, the holocaust or WWII). On the other hand, Billions (trillions really) are dieing and thousands of planets are being obliterated from the Annihilation wave and hardly any abstracts are showing up to get involved in that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eternity show up in CW#6 and say that the universe depends on the all-important actions of a handful of street-level characters or some stupid shit like that.

DigiMark007
Seems logical. They might be making the whole universe less complex and more fficient with less numbers of people.

snoopdogg
I have had this theory for quite awhile. I think the DCU has less cosmic threats than Marvel cause they have the Green Lantern Corps to keep sh!t from getting out of hand.

Grimm22
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I have had this theory for quite awhile. I think the DCU has less cosmic threats than Marvel cause they have the Green Lantern Corps to keep sh!t from getting out of hand.

The corps? confused

You mean more like Ion, Hal, Guy and Kilowog and some other jerks stick out tongue

NoFate007
I think Galactus should digest a bunch of them. I'm tired of there being like 20 different people that are like "so powerful that you can't even imagine it"

Grimm22
Originally posted by NoFate007
I think Galactus should digest a bunch of them. I'm tired of there being like 20 different people that are like "so powerful that you can't even imagine it"

*Cough* Morg *Cough* shifty

Scoobless
No doubt a few of them will die in Annihilation

Validus
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Of course. A story like Annihilation would never work in the DCU because of that. When the original Crisis happened, they had to send the GLC to another dimension to make the story work.

Of course, all this power means is bigger kamehameha waves. laughing out loud

NoFate007
The only cosmic that I really think is cool is The Living Tribunal. That head-trio is awesome lol. Galactus would be cooler if he didn't have pink armor. I don't care if you're from another universe, it looks gay lol.

Isn't there a theory out there that Galactus will become a new Celestial or something? They should work that in somewhere...give him something to do rather than just be a glutton for decades lol.

boriquaking55
The only cosmic that I really think is cool is The Living Tribunal. That head-trio is awesome lol. Galactus would be cooler if he didn't have pink armor. I don't care if you're from another universe, it looks gay lol.

Isn't there a theory out there that Galactus will become a new Celestial or something? They should work that in somewhere...give him something to do rather than just be a glutton for decades lol.

I like Kronos - he seems cool other than the fact he thinks that Drax is the solution to Thanos.

DigiMark007
Galactus is conceptual, right? His actual form is something different. Mortals and such simply perceive him as a big purple and pink douche, because they would not be able to comprehend his true form.

Or am I just talking out of my ass? My cosmic knowledge isn't really too good.

Anyway, yeah, I hope plenty die. Deaths always make "events" seem bigger, and Marvel needs to cut the fat with their cosmics....too freaking many to remember.

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Galactus is conceptual, right? His actual form is something different. Mortals and such simply perceive him as a big purple and pink douche, because they would not be able to comprehend his true form.

You're right. Each species sees Galactus as something totally different and it's not always pink and purple.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Of course. A story like Annihilation would never work in the DCU because of that. When the original Crisis happened, they had to send the GLC to another dimension to make the story work.

Of course, all this power means is bigger kamehameha waves. laughing out loud

Not like the GLC is anything more than a bunch of cosmic handninjas, used in bulk to bolster the rep of the big bad guy.

Maybe my opinion'll be changed by the next week,

Big Sexy
Hes actually a living star.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Not like the GLC is anything more than a bunch of cosmic handninjas, used in bulk to bolster the rep of the big bad guy.

Maybe my opinion'll be changed by the next week,
The GLC being used like that isn't common though. They've taken down enough high level peeps to say the SBP thing was the exception and not the rule.

Mindship
Diamonds are precious because they are rare.
Cosmics are ho-hum because they aren't.
Thin the field, keep the awe.

Galan777
Originally posted by Validus
You're right. Each species sees Galactus as something totally different and it's not always pink and purple. This is correct, each species in the universe comprehends Galactus differently:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/Galactuspov.PNG

I still say keep the needed cosmics (i.e. Eternity, Death, Galactus, LT) and either get rid of the rest, or "forget" about them wink there is just way to many, they are no longer a "rare breed" as they should be.

Grimm22
Ult. Galactus was a great concept erm

The fact that he kills everyone on the planet before he eats it is terrifying fear

But when he turned out to be a bunch of ships, the idea was crap.

It would be awesome if he transformed into a giant robot or somthing though eek!

Galan777
Originally posted by Grimm22

The fact that he kills everyone on the planet before he eats it is terrifying fear

It would be awesome if he transformed into a giant robot or somthing though eek! Yeah that was Gah Lak Tus, it was an awful idea in my oppinion

Galan777
bump

Mindship
A variation on Hoyle's Black Cloud would've been cool...neither machine nor organic form, as we understand these things.

MightyEInherjar
I love the cosmics. It's like reading comic book mythology. It's not forced down too many of the other series, so if you don't want to read about it, you don't have to.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Grimm22

It would be awesome if he transformed into a giant robot or somthing though eek! Like Matrix but a huge form

Galan777
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Like Matrix but a huge form I didnt care for that version too much, i liked the concept of what it did....... but I didnt like how they made it look. As you said its like the Matrix

Galan777
bump

Mr Master

This is about one of the only depictions of Galactus without his Armor:

The UNIVERSE materializing into ETERNITY before Galactus

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/6861/e3bv8.th.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8181/e4cu7.th.jpg

and Marvel needs to cut the fat with their cosmics....too freaking many to remember.

Not exactly,

I made a comprehensive List of the Most Powerful characters and Artifacts (IG, UN ect...) ever created by Marvel based solely On Panel Feats.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t425534.html

You'd be surprise to know that there has only been 15 characters (and Artifacts included) that have or can destroy, remake or create a Universe, in its entire History.

I only excluded the Infinity Being that created the prior Universe.

NoFate007
I still think they should get rid of a lot of them. When you have too many cosmics, it ends up being "the one created the most recently is the most powerful".

You'll hate me for this...but I think its about time we see some new and huge change with these cosmics...and I think a POSSIBLE idea (don't kill me, lol) is to have Galactus consume like 10 of them and become..uh...whatever he's supposed to become after what he is now...and upgrade the Silver Surfer to the same position that Galactus was at - this way, his story could now revolve around him trying to fix the "need to eat planets" problem since, you know, he wouldn't want to lol (Side note, I'm exhausted right now) Then you can bring on a whole new train of heralds.

Mr Master
You'll hate me for this...but I think its about time we see some new and huge change with these cosmics...and I think a POSSIBLE idea (don't kill me, lol) is to have Galactus consume like 10 of them and become..uh...whatever he's supposed to become after what he is now

Unfortunately Galactus is not even in the Hierarchy.

My list is based on Power, not Role or Purpose.

Even at Full Power he'd be at the bottom of the List along with Eternity (single Universe)

Full Power Galactus = Eternity (single Universe)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.