Horror Fest 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

socalsurfah
Has anyone heard about horror fest 2006. I just got a link from a friend to the myspace page and it looks kinda of interesting. it starts at the end of october(just in time for halloween) and is a US based nation wide horror film festival.

there is also a beauty pagent to become Miss Horror Fest 2006. guys/girls/who ever can submit a video to youtube.com and have a chance of winning $50,000. not bad for dressing up and making a scary or funny video.

anyways, i guess this isn't the first year that it has been run and i was wondering if anyone has gone to it before.

I guess all of the films are new this year and were made by small production companies or by indy film makers.

cheers everyone.

Barker
Sounds like Spam.

Thorinn
spamwank

Barker
Originally posted by Thorinn
That thing is really going to town.

Thorinn
Originally posted by Barker
Sounds like Spam.

Barker
Originally posted by Thorinn
spamwank

Thorinn
no expression

Mišt
Originally posted by Barker
Sounds like Spam.

No, its a pretty cool festival for amateur filmmakers. I've seen footage and so on from previous years, some of its quite good, but because of low budgets and so on a lot cant really break into the mainstream popularity.

Should be moved to Horror forum, its worth keeping there.

Syren
Sounds pretty interesting yes

brookefeo
Tickets are on sale on the website, and I hear other more traditional sites, but I haven't been able to find that yet. There is just an email on the website. $75 for 8 movies . . . hmmm.

doomsday49
don't know about no nation-wide festival, but i was at new york for the horror film festival. I saw a few shorts, which were terrible. But i did get to meet Tony Todd aka candyman.

Mider999
when they comming to dvd is what i wanna know

chigawop
I wanted to add a link so you can check it out, but since I'm new, I'm not allowed. The site is at horrorfestonline.com

I've been seeing posters for this everywhere. I'm also wondering if anyone been to a previous one? Is it worth going to? Personally, I think this is a great idea, I've just been burned by so many bad horror movies that I'm wondering if it's worth it.

If I may ask, how did you find out it's $75?

The Core
There's nothing to suggest it will be $75. The tickets aren't on sale until Halloween, which is when ticket prices will be announced. $75 for 8 movies is RIDICULOUS to begin with,especially considering the nature of the movies. Almost $10 a ticket, when most matinees are $5 a piece...?

SelphieT
I am only interested in seeing one of those eight movies.

So far, one of them, just by the previews, is scaring the shit out of me, hahaha. The one movie with the people with huge grins and white eyes, that remind me of Eddie from Iron Maiden cover art.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.