Thor vs Superman+

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
This time its different.......

Superman loses his aura, while Thor loses his hammer.

Superman doesn't get his bioaura/tk aura......For those who thought i was referring to his jobber aura.

This thread comes from Comixtreme.

Scoobless
Does that mean he can't fly?

UniOmni
Superman flies by manipulating gravity, iirc.

His aura doesn't affect that.

But for this match, yeah he can't fly.

bigbran
Originally posted by UniOmni
Superman flies by manipulating gravity, iirc.

His aura doesn't affect that.

But for this match, yeah he can't fly. He's talking about Thor.

Scoobless
Originally posted by bigbran
He's talking about Thor.

I was talking about Superman... I thought his flight was part of his TK thing

boriquaking55
If Supes still has his weakness to magic, I'd give majority to Thor

bigbran
Originally posted by Scoobless
I was talking about Superman... I thought his flight was part of his TK thing Well then, both of them can't fly, if that's the case.

Scoobless
I don't know if that's the case though... that's why I asked.... I don't know what makes Superman fly

Validus
I think Omni just meant to take away Superman's forcefield.

UniOmni
Bingo was his name o!!

hitemup
i think supes will take it again since he still can move at high speeds.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by hitemup
i think supes will take it again since he still can move at high speeds.

A complete shocker coming from you eek!

Accel
I agree. Supes can still move faster, which gives him a distinct advantage.

Validus
Agreed. Superman losing his forcefield isn't anywhere near as big a loss as Thor losing Mjolnir. Super Speed is his primary advantage anyway.

UniOmni
Changing the thread a bit.

Same as before, but now a slugfest.

No other powers except knuckle sandwiches.

Jesse7

You really want superman to lose huh?

Same results as the cannon crossover, Thor goes down in 3 punches.

boriquaking55

Thor because he's a better fighter with thousands of years of fighting experience. Supes supposed "Kryptonian martial arts" or whatever its called can't hold a candle to that

Jesse7
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Thor because he's a better fighter with thousands of years of fighting experience. Supes supposed "Kryptonian martial arts" or whatever its called can't hold a candle to that

Supes spent thousands of years training with the gods in combat.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Jesse7
Supes spent thousands of years training with the gods in combat.

Wow - that's pretty much says it all. So Supes actually went back in time to train with mythological gods? DC writers just won't let their golden boy lose no matter what

roughrider
If Superman doesn't have his bio aura, he's vunerable to harm BIG TIME. That's what makes bullets bounce off him, among other things. Even if we say he still has his strength ( which he shouldn't because his aura links flight, touch TK etc.) Thor kills him with the first shot he lands.

OneDumbG0
Although this thread will never have an answer, it has been brought up by many people that you cannot consider the JLA/Avenger's book canon. Sure it's canon for DC since they went forward with a storyline directly from there, but did Marvel do the same?

Any other comic crossovers come to mind that reflect the same kind of one-sidedness shown with this crossover? Image/DC come to mind. After all, whether you're a fan or not, Spawn's good ole shoelace face was provided by none other than Batman in a crossover by Frank Miller. Spawn sported the look for a while in Image. You think Batman thought twice about his fight with Spawn where he got his ass kicked?

So forget the canonization argument. It doesn't work on many levels. Respected writers? Highly touted and anticipated crossover? Same thing happened in Spawn/Batman. One side considering the crossover canon is as nonsensical as Spawn/Batman and is too self-serving to be considered authoritative.

I mean seriously... what the hell happened to Superman's weakness to magic anyway? Busiek pissed off a lot of people with that one. honestly, how the hell do you explain that away? Oh... its god power... not magic... err yeah... two totally different things... yeah... -.-

capt it up
zorro >>>>>superman>>thor

Validus

Well then Superman is hosed.

Draco69
Superman is screwed. Superspeed? Good luck going at Mach 1 when your body is catching flames....

UniOmni
Originally posted by Jesse7
You really want superman to lose huh?

Same results as the cannon crossover, Thor goes down in 3 punches.

No i don't want superman to lose.

I only make threads to gauge other posters views of characters.

I've heard it said that Superman without the aura, is still more durable than Thor.

And i took away Thor's greatest weapon, and Superman's greatest defense.
How is it not equal?

To Draco......I thought the same, but then what about WW and the rest of the superspeedy bricks without auras that cover them??

MattDay
when doomsday started to make superman bleed, where the heck is this aura people talk about, is this speculation as to how things work with him? All I know is his density can be amped, like most of his powers from the sun intake... im gonna get flamed now... go on have at it then!

roughrider
No i don't want superman to lose.

I only make threads to gauge other posters views of characters.

I've heard it said that Superman without the aura, is still more durable than Thor.

And i took away Thor's greatest weapon, and Superman's greatest defense.
How is it not equal?

To Draco......I thought the same, but then what about WW and the rest of the superspeedy bricks without auras that cover them??

roll eyes (sarcastic) Jesus H., think about it.
Without his bio aura, Superman is no more durable than any regular person. And you want him to fight Thor??

UniOmni
He is more durable than a human, due to the natural gravity of Krypton.

Mindship
Originally posted by roughrider
If Superman doesn't have his bio aura, he's vunerable to harm BIG TIME. That's what makes bullets bounce off him, among other things. Even if we say he still has his strength ( which he shouldn't because his aura links flight, touch TK etc.) Thor kills him with the first shot he lands.

Agreed. As much as I like Supes (and not so crazy about Thor), with the aura gone, a punch from Thor is like getting hit by a wrecking ball. Plus: Supes is not gonna be able to use much superstrength, and probably not much superspeed either. To exert superstrength against something, the body has to be able to handle the stresses involved...which now Supes won't be able to. To move really fast, the body has to handle inertial forces...which now Supes can't.

This is worse than Thor losing his hammer...Thor can still do all the other things he can do without it. Superman is compromised on many counts.

Sorry Big Blue (my #2 fave): Thor 9.9/10.

roughrider
He is more durable than a human, due to the natural gravity of Krypton.

No. Read a bio on Superman's powers - they remark on how, after a pure physical exam of his body, Superman would seem to have only the strength and durability of a normal man who engages in regular exercise. The bio aura he projects, as a result of regular exposure to yellow solar radiation, is what protects him from all but the most extreme harm, enables him to fly and is likely where his strength originates from ie. lifting massively heavy objects even while in the air. This bio aura can be cancelled out by exposure to green kryptonite, which drives out the yellow sunlight in his cells and replaces it with a cancerous-like poison that eventually kills him. Magic can pierce it too, because magic's chaotic nature bypasses the science-based source of power he has - it's why he's been cut by the sword and tiara of Wonder Woman.

Without this aura, Thor will reduce him to pulp even without mjolnir. This isn't an even tradeoff.

UniOmni
Damn, i didn't realize just how dependent Superman was on his aura.

And Roughrider, i'd agree, if he didn't have showings that contradict that bio, which i don't put much faith in anyways.

He's taken nukes while covered in K-Nite powder, and beaten up his rogues while injected with the stuff.

This reinforces the belief that Superman is still superhumanly durable, without the aura.

Unless, the k-nite in the above examples didn't negate his aura, but only weakened it, still allowing some protection.

roughrider
It's possible for Superman to overcome kryptonite for short periods of time, with enough willpower ( the recent movie showed such an event.) I'll even accept that if he spends sufficent decades absorbing yellow sunlight, he could become immune to green K, as Kingdom Come showed. But no aura at all? Nope; against a superhuman opponent like Thor, this isn't good for him.

Let's not forget Red Solar radiation, which is what the people of Krypton had from their sun. It's a literal off-switch for his powers. In Superman: Red Son, Batman used it to beat the crap out of him.

Validus
The bios contradict the books and thus we throw out the bios. That's how things work around here with the Marvel handbooks. Clearly he still has superhuman durability.

Accel
Originally posted by roughrider
roll eyes (sarcastic) Jesus H., think about it.
Without his bio aura, Superman is no more durable than any regular person. And you want him to fight Thor??
If that was the case, one magic-charged punch from Captain Marvel would pass thorugh the aura and kill him.

olympian
It has k.oed him.

Accel
When he was distracted and cheap-shotted. If he had normal human durability under the aura, his head would have been knocked off.

UniOmni
But it didn't kill him.

olympian
Because M is too nice a guy

pirate

Validus
Forgetting about Captain Marvel, Superman would clearly have been dead long before he met Doomsday.

Soujaboy
After reading through this thread, I have finally realized how easy it would be for a normal powered Thor to defeat a normal powered Superman.

If Superman is a vulnerable without his aura/shield as you claim he is, than Thor should be able to defeat a normal Supes 10/10.

Thor has shown the ability to have the ability to fase through his opponents force fields, he has done so against Kang. I'm just wondering if he can do the same to Superman's field?

Accel
Thor could do a lot of things to Superman, but just like with every thing else, the problem would be using any of his powers before Supes speedblitzed the hell out of him.

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
Thor could do a lot of things to Superman, but just like with every thing else, the problem would be using any of his powers before Supes speedblitzed the hell out of him.
Certainly. Perhaps a better fight would be Superman with his speed reduced to Thor level Vs Thor sans Mjolnir.

Jerhien
Originally posted by Validus
Certainly. Perhaps a better fight would be Superman with his speed reduced to Thor level Vs Thor sans Mjolnir.

Yeah but Superman doesn't tend to turn to Speed until a fight is WELL underway, at which point it's entirely reasonable to assume that he'd have taken enough magic damage to not be able to fight effectively, don't you think? There's also really no saying that he's any faster then Thor is, depending on wich version of Superman we're employing.
Superman shouldn't be able to do ANYTHING against Mjolnir, or the Lightning Thor can create. Thor's physical strength even should be magically fueled, so I wouldn't even rely on the bio-field to protect Superman from one of Thor's unarmed punched, much less a hit from the Uru hammer.
Thor's knocked out Gladiator with one lightning blast before, and that's a pretty impressive thing.
Of course these are all just my opinions, and you'll have yours as well I'm sure smile

aliveinboston
This time its different.......

Superman loses his aura, while Thor loses his hammer.

Superman doesn't get his bioaura/tk aura......For those who thought i was referring to his jobber aura.

This thread comes from Comixtreme.

It doesnt matter what "aura" superman has, he loses this one quickly. H2H he may put up a decent fight, and even get in a lucky punch, just like Gladiator, but Thor has far too much power at his command. Thor wins by KO with a single bolt of lightning, something Superman has been shown incapable of dodging.

Juntai
Supes.

olympian
Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.