Need some opinions...please

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Ok, so everyones knows, I havent read that many EU books, mainly cause I dont know where to start but here's what I got:

The Approaching storm
X wing: Solo Command
NJO - Edge of Victory 1 - Conquest
Tales from the New Republic
NJO - Agents of Chaos 1 - Hero's trial
NJO - Vector Prime
and last but not least..
I, Jedi

Which of these are good, bad and where should i start? Or should i go buy a new book?

Thanks in advance.

Claymud
X-Wing Solo Command wasn't all that great IMO. I'd recomend you start with the first X-Wing books, Rouge Squadron, Wedges Gamble, Kroytos trap and Bacta War. The NJO books are good too and you may want to start with Vector prime and do the series from there.

Quinlan_Vos
Well what's the first NJO book with Luke and all? I am not sure, but you should start with that? However, since you might know all the spoilers in all the books, maybe you should go to LOTF

Blue_Hefner
Shatterpoint

Stun
My first novel was Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse - not a great place to startstick out tongue then my second was Splinter of the Minds Eye, but reading everything ass-backwards was great fun because i was reunited with characters that died years agolaughing out loud

neo313
Approaching Storm is pretty good, a lot of the Young Jedi Knights series is very good, the Yuzhan Vong storyline is awesome

Darth Subjekt
alright cool. I was looking for the first after ROTJ so i could go in order, but is there a site i can go to to find the actual order of certain series? ie the NJO, LoTF etc...but thanks so far...i really wanna read Shatterpoint and that Bane book..but dont want to be lost, ya know...

Stun
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
alright cool. I was looking for the first after ROTJ so i could go in order, but is there a site i can go to to find the actual order of certain series?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Bane:_Path_of_Destruction

look up the info under the pic, and it tells you what novel precedes or follows 'Path of Destruction' which i found pretty usefulwink But this also includes the Scholastic range of novels too

Darth Subjekt
great, thanks thats kinda what i was looking for. Appreciate it. Hey y ou used to be StunRun right? Been a while man...how ya been?

Stun
great, thanks thats kinda what i was looking for. Appreciate it. Hey y ou used to be StunRun right? Been a while man...how ya been?

Guess i got bored of KMC - it hasnt changed too much, yet i cant forget the old days and all the pre-ROTS hype and all you guyscool couldnt leave forever now could istick out tongue and you?

starwarsfreak34
I've been reading Approaching Storm for 2 months now and it's a load of s**t! it's one of the worst ones... so glad Alan Dean Foster only wrote two SW books - that i know of at any rate... - anyway, i'd say either starts with LotF is u pretty much know wots going on or NJO... apart from the Thrawn tril and and Academy tril there's not a lot of decent stuff in the bantam press era

Kadesh
read the unfying force, luke didnt move around 20 lightsabers at all, jacen only said he might as well hold 20 because he is moving so fast with them.

And get DE series, its awesome, try your best to get the DE II reprint, it comes with empires end as well, damm DE maked vader sound very powerful

Darth Subjekt
really? Well then i shall have to buy those tonight methinks. PAYDAY..WOOHOO!!!!! Happy Dance Yea ive been wanting to read up on characters already est. by the movies...thanks!!!

Darth Subjekt
ok, tomorrow after work i plan on getting a book, but im torn between Shatterpoint, LOE and ROTS Novel...which one do you all recommend the most? If you all HAD to choose...i dont want to pick the wrong one, not wrong one, but the least great one, lol..

Darth Scythe
ok, tomorrow after work i plan on getting a book, but im torn between Shatterpoint, LOE and ROTS Novel...which one do you all recommend the most? If you all HAD to choose...i dont want to pick the wrong one, not wrong one, but the least great one, lol..

Darksaber. It's good as a standalone because there's tons of action and you don't need to be drawn into a 3 or 9 book series after reading it.

If you're planning on a trilogy or any other series longer than one book you definitely need to start with Heir to the Empire and the two that follow it. For me, it's a no-brainer...

Unless you're like 15, then you'll probably like all the NJO crap. I mean stuff.

Dessel
Dude, don't waste your money on them. Just download them from demonoid.com .

Darth Subjekt
wow, didn't know you could do that. I've been trying to get it off like limewire, but to no avail.

and no DS, lol, i haven't been 15 for almost 12 years now. I just heard people praise Shatterpoint, and LOE, and I've read a few pages of the ROTS novel and liked the extra detail, so i was curious...

but thanks for the tip Dessel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.