Jim Carrey: The Funny Ones...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ahh, Jim Carrey. I just caught 'Liar Liar' on TV, and my brain thought "Wow, this is funny..."

Now, what do you think is his funniest movie? He's diversified a bit recently, but when he's on funny-form he can be hilarious.

One of my favorite movies of all time is 'Dumb & Dumber', but for the amount of genuine laughs per scene, 'Liar Liar' runs it pretty close.

Anyway, vote and discuss. Such is life.

Strangelove
I like the Mask

Solo
I don't find him very funny, personally, but his best is "Dumber & Dumber".

bakerboy
Between ace ventura, the mask and dumb and dumber.

H. S. 6
It's "Me, Myself, and Irene."

And I voted for that. I was literally crying from laughter through a majority of that film.

spencerspider
dumb and dumber def. ace ventura very close

MildPossession
I'm the same, I prefer him in films like Eternal Sunshine.

coolmovies
The mask smoking !!!!!!!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Solo
I don't find him very funny, personally, but his best is "Dumber & Dumber".
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm the same, I prefer him in films like Eternal Sunshine.

Are you saying that you didn't laugh when you watched 'Dumb & Dumber' or 'Liar Liar"? I can't believe that. I don't like all his movies, but those two are comedy gold.

Oh, and yeah, he was excellent in 'Eternal Sunshine', 'The Truman Show', and 'Man On The Moon', but we're just talking about his funny ones here. Hence the thread title...

Spartan005
Liar Liar was definetely one of his funniest movies ever... but I voted for Bruce Almighty... twas better

Solo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Are you saying that you didn't laugh when you watched 'Dumb & Dumber' or 'Liar Liar"?
I thought it was pretty obvious that was pretty much what I was trying to say.

"Eternal Sunshine" is one of my favorites, though.

BackFire
Dumb and Dumber and the original Ace Ventura. If I have to pick one, I'll go with Dumb and Dumber because the chemestry between him and Jeff Daniels was just great.

I also really like The Mask, but a large part of that is Cameron Diaz looking hotter than she ever will again.

In Fate's Hands
between dumb and dumber and ace ventura

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Dumb and Dumber and the original Ace Ventura. If I have to pick one, I'll go with Dumb and Dumber because the chemestry between him and Jeff Daniels was just great.

I also really like The Mask, but a large part of that is Cameron Diaz looking hotter than she ever will again.

She did look really hot in The Mask, maybe cause she was actually in the 20's when she made that.

Overall, I have to say Dumb And Dumber.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Solo
I thought it was pretty obvious that was pretty much what I was trying to say.

I was being incredulous, I thought that was pretty obvious.

fionalin7
jim is very funny, his actions and facial expressions does it. i just love him in all of his movie even the drama ones...

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
She did look really hot in The Mask, maybe cause she was actually in the 20's when she made that.

Overall, I have to say Dumb And Dumber.

Yeah, but even movies that she made shortly after, she just never looked that good again. She looked amazing in The Mask.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Hur-rah! 'Dumb & Dumber' takes the lead! I must have seen that movie nearly 20 times in my youth...Maybe I should revisit it. One of my favorite scenes is the one where they put chili peppers in the dude's hamburger. Classic.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, but even movies that she made shortly after, she just never looked that good again. She looked amazing in The Mask.

She was thicker.

She hadn't bought into the whole skinny Hollywood starlet thing yet.

DanZeke25
I can't pick one. But it would be a tie between both Ace Venturas, Dumb and Dumber, The Mask, and Liar Liar. He is the funniest ever.

allofyousuckkk
Personally i'm not a huge fan. the mask wasn't funny, and I can't watch dumb and dumber more than once every 5 years. Liar Liar was good.

Me myself and irene was the best though. i didn't stop laughing the whole time.

Wolfie
I voted for Ace Ventura but Dumb and Dumber is a VERY close second.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.