Friday Night Lights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
I didn't like the movie much, but this new show is fantastic. The way it's shot, the way it captures the small town feel is incredible. It's very realistic to the sport, too. Has a few cliche characters, but it's easy to get past them.

The ending to the pilot is pretty great, very tragic. I can't wait until next week.

forumcrew
i thought most all the characters were VERY cliched, and the injur was telegraphed from the second minute of the show. I was looking forward to this, and was a little let down so far.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by forumcrew
i thought most all the characters were VERY cliched, and the injur was telegraphed from the second minute of the show. I was looking forward to this, and was a little let down so far.

Exactly....I saw the starting qb having a serious injury from the get go.

forumcrew
well when they focus on the "loser backup kid" so much and also talk about the starter being the best high school recruit EVER that cant make it more obvious.

Darth Macabre
well when they focus on the "loser backup kid" so much and also talk about the starter being the best high school recruit EVER that cant make it more obvious.

I know...If they weren't so blatantly hyping that kid up, then perhaps his injury might have come as a little shock...Just a little though.

I was disappointed in the Pilot, but perhaps it'll get better over time.

forumcrew
yea ill still give it a chance. I forget where they still the Panthers? It was still at Permian I think.. and Odessa also?

Darth Macabre
yea ill still give it a chance. I forget where they still the Panthers? It was still at Permian I think.. and Odessa also?

Their the Panthers but their not Permian High school, in Odessa....Their Dillon Panthers from Dillion, Texas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.