real versus thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starlock
i had an idea i have been an game master for about 16 years
if we could come together and have a system wide converted heroes and villains system,with a group agreeing on powers stunts etc...
we could really run a best of ten fight. a real vs thread, we agree on set stats and abilities and then we pit them against each other and see what happens
i am well versed in the d&d system the ad&d system and the marvel system(both dice and saga)and the dc role playing game,also star wars and star trek
i prefer the saga system as i use it to role play kids at my local comic store,but at home with my friends we use whatever system applies
i have almost all major heroes and villains converted but of course i think there should be a collaborated effort

this is just an idea and if the mods think it should be moved or stopped i am ok with that,but i think it could be exciting and fair for most versus battles

H. S. 6
It'd be too difficult to pull off, I think.

Especially to get everyone agreeing. It's almost impossible. 50% of comic verse debates are what is 'PIS' and what isn't.

DigiMark007
Yeah, I won't close this and wish it luck and all, but good luck getting people to agree on anything.

ExtraMision5555
extermely difficult to put together but its definatley possible. Ide suggest just trimming down "excess" feats, and keep the core and noteable powers and abilities. perhaps a few special things here and there (a critical hit/high roll per say), if you understand what im saying. or rather if i understand what your saying

grey fox
Are we talking character sheet RPing , because I have NO idea how the hell to work with those things....

Scoobless
huh...?

no expression

xjustice69x
i think its a good idea! but we would need a consensus on the stats of each charicter. hopefully we can get people to agree

V for Valentine
Originally posted by Scoobless
huh...?

no expression

My god dont you people know anything? roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's obviously talking about the.. and then...well... confused

I have no bloody clue either no expression

Anyone understand this? wink

harri
real wins whatever

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by harri
real wins whatever

Fanboy.

Thread 9/10.

V for Valentine
Originally posted by harri
real wins whatever

Very informative miffed

V for Valentine
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Fanboy.

Thread 9/10.

whats with that banner? no expression

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by V for Valentine
whats with that banner? no expression

I asked Syren to make me one. no expression

Because userbars are cool and i love superheroines.

V for Valentine
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
I asked Syren to make me one. no expression

Because userbars are cool and i love superheroines.

Eh if you say so roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sigs still pwn them though.

starlock
hey thanks for the responses everybody
what i will do monday is start with marvel since the saga system has character sheets that are easily scanned,i will present 2 characters that will fight each other and when i go home i will run 10 fights between them and let you know what the results are,i will start this just for entertainment and we will progress from there,just to show everybody what i mean
eventually i would like to form a group of us that will agree upon certain aspects of the VS system

Roldz
Great, but really im still not fully understanding how this work... Guess ill wait when you post to 2 Chars mention on above post...

starlock
The marvel saga system uses a deck of cards which each hero gets a hand of cards to attempt feats during play,
inexperienced hero Edge 1 Hand size 3 up to entities which have a Edge 5 and a handsize 7(will explain in time)

ok a character sheet will have four stats,
strength,agility,intellect,willpower
ranked from 1=aunt may-30 =celestial(just an example of strength)
powers are ranked the same 1- 30
powers will have stunts,ones that are usually seen in the comics
I.E(surfer does not have the healing power he uses a stunt of cosmic power to heal)

skills go with the stat that matches I.E throwing is a agility skill

characters get a edge and hand size which represents the characters experience,
this is the marvel saga role-playing system
if anybody is familiar with the system please pm me i could use your support
i am sorry for the chaotic post,i am at work and will have my home computer up by Monday so i can fully get into this
and again thanks everyone, even if i fail to create a group to agree on things,i will at the least run a series of two characters in a 10 fight challenge and you will be able to see the results

newjak86
Its a good idea but will be extremely hard to pull off especially if you want to bring in higher level beings.

Personally if I were you I would stick to just using
Lowest level to High tier/herald levels.

I would also think about that if this going to work you will need more than four stats

First Name:
Type, source

Personally these are the stats I would use:

Physical stats:
Strength: How much a character can lift
Speed: How fast a person can run and move
Agility: How acrobatic someone is
Reaction: How fast someone can react to say a punch
Durability: How hard it is to hurt someone
Endurance: How long someone can go without tiring

Mental stats:
Intelligence: How smart someone is based on subjects
Wisdom: How much experience someone has
Charisma: How well someone can win people's hearts
Perception: How well someone intakes information

Every stat goes from 1 to 30 with 1 being below human average, and 2 being normal, 4 would be peak human, 5 would be lowest superhuman level, 10 is is highest ow level, 15-20 would be mid level, 20-29 Highest level, 30 being incalcuable

Skills: Here would be a wide range of abilities that can be classifed into large groups. With the same 1-30 rankings. This would include Advanced senses, Matter Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Magic Power, Time Manipulation, Martial Arts, Telepathy resistance, etc.

EX) Advanced senses:
Wolverine senses(animal senses): 10
Spider-man(spidersense): 15

Specifics: These are possible abilities or powers or feats that this sepcific character can pull off and is so rare a power it can't really be put above or ranked.

Example: Flash's ability to tap into the Speedforce or Strange's Ability to call upon higher beings to help.

Equipment/weapons: Simple items they carry that they use very often
Cap's Shield, Wolverine's Claws, A GL ring, Surfer's Board

Weaknesses: Specific weaknesses someone has that can be used against them
Limited Range of attack, No telepathy defence, K-Nite

And then a 1-10 rating on how bad those weaknesses for the people and how hard they are to overcome

Superman K-Nite: 10
Juggernaut: TP resistance 3(Helemet keeps him safe alot but can be taken off and without really messed up)

This is really in depth but to get a fair reprsentation this is wat you would have to do.

starlock
excellent,btw i am at work so i cant post like i want to or when hehe
i am only using the marvel saga system just for now to show how i will do it,but thank you for helping,i love the advice
powers like resistance will be covered,so will weakneses good call
great call- skills will be there to enhance their powers I.E spideys web shooters get a bonus if you have the marksmanship skill,its allready in the system i just cant type all the rules and such right now
so will equipment it will also have the rankings and such

again thanks for the participation and i can see this being very fun and a good(not perfect) way to have some real versus match results

starlock
ok tonight i will run a best of 10 battle between Thing and Namor
i chose them because they have sheets that are pretty simple ,it will be a brawl in a construction site

starlock
and here is Namors sheet

starlock
these sheets are from the marvel saga role-playing game,its not perfection,but it is pretty simple and easy to learn, i am also looking to find a virtual deck of fate which i had a while ago and i cant find,once i find the deck anybody can run a fight,as long as you know the marvel saga rules and have a character sheet for said hero or villain

starlock
i will post the results tommorrow(tuesday)
if anybody knows of the marvel saga system,you can pm me thumb up

Horrificus
I agree, but you would definitely have to do some serious filtering of feats. Whether fanboys like it or not.

For instance,

1. Hulk lifting a mountain, without sinking into it, without explanation.
2. Namor flying to another galaxy.
3. Wolverine regenerating from a point where there was no longer ANY organic matter left.

etc.

starlock
Alright the results are in!
Thing 8 Namor 2
the thing beat namor 8 out of 10 matches,since i ran them myself i would say that the things body armor gave him the edge in most of the matches

Horrificus thats good advice but this is just a versus thing best out of ten,i am not roleplaying the characters in an adventure. right now i have the combatants in a construction site and can use anything found in one,in the future i will set up particular matches with certain criteria if this picks up,for now its just for kicks

Soljer
Originally posted by starlock
Alright the results are in!
Thing 8 Namor 2
the thing beat namor 8 out of 10 matches,since i ran them myself i would say that the things body armor gave him the edge in most of the matches

Horrificus thats good advice but this is just a versus thing best out of ten,i am not roleplaying the characters in an adventure. right now i have the combatants in a construction site and can use anything found in one,in the future i will set up particular matches with certain criteria if this picks up,for now its just for kicks

Unrealistic.

starlock
I know it is not perfection and it might seem unrealistic but the character sheets are up there and i ran them each to their best abilities
According to the marvel saga system thing has a strength advantage (by 1 point) and he has body armor which namor does not have
i will not play favorites it is just how it went,but i do like criticism good and bad whatever will help
now should namor's strength be higher than 17 this is exactly why i am doing this,to make it more realistic

Ext@nt
i had an idea i have been an game master for about 16 years
if we could come together and have a system wide converted heroes and villains system,with a group agreeing on powers stunts etc...
we could really run a best of ten fight. a real vs thread, we agree on set stats and abilities and then we pit them against each other and see what happens
i am well versed in the d&d system the ad&d system and the marvel system(both dice and saga)and the dc role playing game,also star wars and star trek
i prefer the saga system as i use it to role play kids at my local comic store,but at home with my friends we use whatever system applies
i have almost all major heroes and villains converted but of course i think there should be a collaborated effort

this is just an idea and if the mods think it should be moved or stopped i am ok with that,but i think it could be exciting and fair for most versus battles

I think Marvel has a new RPG system out about 2 years ago. I believe it has stat numbers that may be helpfull to you in this. As for DC you could prolly just compare them to the similar marvel characters to get a basis to transferrring them. If you'd like I can get the scans together from the RPG book for you.

starlock
Extant i have the DC roleplaying game and i am using the marvel saga system,i want to get a comitee together so we can come together on certain people,if i start fighting with dc people i will be accused of making the character sheets in my favor.right now i will scan the character sheets from the marvel saga system and let them fight,

i would really like to get your input and others, i think this will be
exciting,i have converted superman,wonder woman, flash,batman&robin,parralax,green lantern(kyle)green lantern(hal) and a handfull of others from DC
Extant i will PM you in a little while

Ext@nt
The ones I ment were from the Marvel Universe Roleplaying system released in 2003-2004.

starlock
oh your talking about the dice system i think?,that i do not have,and i would really like to check it out but i dont have any stores near me anymore its a shame really,hmmmm have you compared it to the saga and former die system from the 80's or 90's?

H. S. 6
I own the Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game guide that was published in 2003.

I could post some scans, if you want.

starlock
H.S.P i will get back to you tommorrow thanks for the reply
for tonight it will be spiderman VS wolverine

starlock
and heres wolverine,i will use the wolverine with adamantium claws and bones

starlock
ok i have to go home,as of right now i can only use my work computer i will try and get my home computer working so i can add some input and get some feedback while at home,i will post the results tommorrow

Horrificus
You know, just for the sake of arguement, the old Marvel Universe mags used to list "Skin Density".
Do you guys know what I am talking about?
The would list a comparison to "Diamond Hardness" for instance. I think Thor had a skin density equal to that of diamond.
Both Thing and Namor also had skin density listings. Namor's was way up there, but I forget what it was.
That would probably be valuable for these situations.

starlock
sorry i had important things to do last night so i will run the spidey vs wolverine tonight i promise!

Horrificus(and any body else) keep the post comming i will read everything and WE will come together on tweaking the characters

so as of now the thing namor fight ,if it was too one sided,i would think of adding some body armor for namor,i also think his agility should be higher,what does everyone think?
does everyone think namor should be 1 point lower in strength then the thing?

nimbus006
Yes i think Namor should have better agility and no his strength should be the same as Thing.

Question: What does 14A, and 18D stand for?

Roldz
Hey, let see some cosmic heroes or DC...

H. S. 6
sorry i had important things to do last night so i will run the spidey vs wolverine tonight i promise!

Horrificus(and any body else) keep the post comming i will read everything and WE will come together on tweaking the characters

so as of now the thing namor fight ,if it was too one sided,i would think of adding some body armor for namor,i also think his agility should be higher,what does everyone think?
does everyone think namor should be 1 point lower in strength then the thing?

Namor's strength should be on par with Thing, I think. His agility should be higher, as well.

xjustice69x
yea i would say namors strenth should be a point more as well as his agility.
after reading a namor respect thredd i would definetly say so

starlock
thanks for the input xjusticex i will put that in my folder and take it up with the comitee hehe seriously thanks for the input
ok the results are in for the spidey vs wolvy contest
Spiderman-7 Wolverine-3
what a fight it was each battle was pretty long but overall spidey's danger sense gave him the edge in dodging wolvy's attacks

Roldz
Ohh, you've done it now.. Rule # 1 in this forum, WOLVERINE NEVER LOST, make sure you remember that next time when you run him... lol
Anyhow lets see some DC or cosmic, ie. SS, Supes, Flash, GL... please..

starlock
haha lol that is funny ROLDZ, right now i am using the marvel saga system,and posting the character sheets for all to see ,the DC roleplaying game is a mess and hard to play hard to scan sheets and hard to learn,i have them converted to the saga system but i dont want people to say"oh you made so and so and thats not fair"

eventually i will run everybody from any universe with character sheets we agree on,i just want people to get the idea of what i am doing by showing the character sheets and posting the results

btw i have character sheets for superman,wonder woman,green lantern(HAL & KYLE),batman& amp;robin,nightwing,majestic,union,spartan,grifter
,the crow,zealot,parralax, and some others from different universes,but they are conversions made by me and friends

i also have rambo, arnolds character from predator,danny glovers character from predator 2,chuck norris's character from mia ,fox mulder,skully,lethal weapon characters. these i use for roleplaying close to police and civilian scenarios

H. S. 6
Okay, here's some scans from the Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game guide that was published in 2003. I'm not sure how accurate these are (I'm sure they could use some tweaking), how helpful they'll be here, or even if they'll be useful at all. I have no experience in true roleplaying (like, at all), so don't look at me. I'm just the messenger. stick out tongue

Here are some sample character entries:

Spidey and Storm

Cap America and Cyclops

And here is the graph for the stats (you'll see what I mean):

First Page

Second Page

Hope these help.

Scoobless
How the hell do both Cyclops and Storm get better H2H ratings than Spider-Man?

xjustice69x
more traning? danger room is a great asset! dont meen that when spidey hits you it will hurt any less though!!
and niether storm nor cyclops use hand to hand as there main forms of attack just meens thay are better trained at it.
and odly spidey does use hand to hand as his main form of attack! just goes to show you how care free that aditude of spideys realy is.
hes well trained in wise cracks!!
and he would still kick both there asses in hand to hand cuz his strength and agility are far better.
by the way wow that sytem is weird!

capt it up
storm an extremely good hand twi hand fighter. she was trian by logan in combat.

cyclopes is quite a good fighter as well.

starlock
hs6 thanks for the links awesome! i will check them out,i think i will try and find the 2003 marvel system just to help round out the characters

next fight will be silver surfer vs annilhilus,i will post the sheets in a sec

starlock
here is silver surfer

starlock
and here is annilhilus

starlock
i will post the results on monday,unless i can get my home computer up and running,have a good weekend all!

H. S. 6

I think by H2H they mean skill, such as martial arts, etc. Both of them do have more "skill" in that area that Parker, I think.

However, like I said, I'm not sure exactly how accurate these scans are. I think they're pretty well done, but you also have to remember they came out three years ago, so they'll probably have to be tweaked.

starlock
ok sorry for the delay ,the results are in!!!!!
Surfer 6 Annihilus 4
this was a surprise as they had to resort to hand to hand
each of them are to resistant to cosmic energy so it got down to fisticuffs
some attacks were exploding asteroids, all in all a very close match

nimbus006
Again can someone please explain what 10B, and 20X mean in regards to strength, Agility, Intellect, and will power.

starlock
sorry Nimbus006

ok stats go from 1-30 1=aunt may 30=galactus
Each stat -Strength,Agility,Intellect,Willpower has a skill code A,B,C,D or X

A= top tier,master,B=veteran,proffesional ,highly trained,C=experienced,trained,D=inexperienced,
rookie, X=no training

so two people with a 15 strength have a arm wrestle the one with the better skill code would most likely win,the codes also determin how many skills you are allowed to have

ExtraMision5555
Actually, h.s.6 said it right.
Literally, Cyc and storm both do have better H2H skills, spiderman hasnt had as much formal training as opposed to Cyc, or even storm. But by all means spiderman would destroy them both in H2h, not because of his ability to fight, but his moderate ability to fight in conjunction with his strength, speed and agility.

Thus he should always beat a being of lesser strength in h2h, but problems may arise with someone of greater or equal strength, (as well as durability) and im using this in context to a board game situation.

which is actuall triggering alot of suggestions for starlock,
starlock, how high did you set spidermans agility?
it shuold be abnormally high, i would suggest

starlock
Extramission5555 if you check page 2 you will see spidey's sheet it gives him a 14A agility
which is great,but his dangersense is 18 which allows him to dodge with dangersense , obviously at a higher value

now hand to hand skill is basicly training it probably adds to strength or damage or reduces the difficulty for actions,it does not mean its their strength value ,so they are saying that cyke and such have more training thats all,spidey always goes on instinct

nimbus006
sorry Nimbus006

ok stats go from 1-30 1=aunt may 30=galactus
Each stat -Strength,Agility,Intellect,Willpower has a skill code A,B,C,D or X

A= top tier,master,B=veteran,proffesional ,highly trained,C=experienced,trained,D=inexperienced,
rookie, X=no training

so two people with a 15 strength have a arm wrestle the one with the better skill code would most likely win,the codes also determin how many skills you are allowed to have

It's OK and Thanx for the info.

So is a 20A better than a 20X?

starlock
Now for a villian vs villian battle
Thanos vs Morg

heres morg's sheet

starlock
Now heres Thanos
BTW he does not have the gauntlet

starlock
i will post the results tommorrow(thursday)

starlock
ok the results are.......
Thanos 6 Morg 4
morgs axe is no joke but not enough for the majority over the genius Thanos
With prep thanos wouldve gotten more wins,but i was surpised to see such power feats from morg and his axe,this might be my favorite fight so far

starlock
ok tommorow i will post the participants of a versus match,i have plenty of characters right out of the book,anybody have an idea for a fight?
if i have the character sheet no problem,if i dont i will make it up to my best ability, if i know the character well or i can find out more about them it wont be a problem

xjustice69x
how about watcher vs odin next?

starlock
ah watcher vs odin thats sounds interesting
i dont have the sheets with me to post, but this weekend i will run
ODIN vs The WATCHER

starlock
Odin vs The Watcher
sorry this was a true draw 2 hours and not one victory for anyone!

i have been busy buying a new car so i have not had time to properly run these ,but the cosmic powers are a hell to run without some time to let them run the full course

but i will continue when things ease up for me

starlock
man it has been awhile,i bought a dodge charger RT =nice car,i am ready for some new versus matches i will get my stuff together

Innerhype
man it has been awhile,i bought a dodge charger RT =nice car,i am ready for some new versus matches i will get my stuff together

I wouldn't mind seeing Iron Man against someone comparible cool

starlock
Iron man vs superskrull
Iron man 6/10

I dont have the sheets for the charactres with me at work,so i will post them tommorrow

i am only doing this for fun,it would be way to hard to get together and hash out a system,so for now i will just have fun with this,i only use marvel right now(DC roleplaying system is way to complicated,so i converted it to the marvel system-which will just create controversy)

So i will just make matches and run them in a series of 10 and post results,if anybody wants to participate well cool if not no problem,i run a roleplaying system and its kind of fun to have a friend and i run a series of ten fights to see who wins the majority

xjustice69x
Iron man vs superskrull
Iron man 6/10

I dont have the sheets for the charactres with me at work,so i will post them tommorrow

i am only doing this for fun,it would be way to hard to get together and hash out a system,so for now i will just have fun with this,i only use marvel right now(DC roleplaying system is way to complicated,so i converted it to the marvel system-which will just create controversy)

So i will just make matches and run them in a series of 10 and post results,if anybody wants to participate well cool if not no problem,i run a roleplaying system and its kind of fun to have a friend and i run a series of ten fights to see who wins the majority
wow nice battle! whos next?

starlock
im thinking of looking around the versus matches and see whats getting people going...i think thor bare hands vs wolvie claws is a interesting thread...i will do that next

Wolverine VS Thor- Thor fights with his hands ..No Hammer..No powers

xjustice69x
im thinking of looking around the versus matches and see whats getting people going...i think thor bare hands vs wolvie claws is a interesting thread...i will do that next

Wolverine VS Thor- Thor fights with his hands ..No Hammer..No powers
haha that will get peoples panties in a knot for sure!

starlock
Not in this thread hehe,maybe if i go into the actuall thread and let them know the results,but i think this thread will be just for me,but thanks for participating and responding.i think its a cool idea to have some real(well sorta) results

starlock
here is iron mans sheet and super skrull

starlock
super skrull

starlock
Now i did a Wolverine VS Thor(thor nor powers no hammer) in a fight
First round- Thor one shotted wolverine for the win
Second round-Wolverine mauled thor for the win
Rounds 3-10 were hard fought with wolvie regenerating but thor won the rest
Thor 9/10
heres wolvies sheet

starlock
here is thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.