Doppelganger Match: Geese Howard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Personally, I like Geese's CvSNK incarnation, but there are some folks out there that prefer the SNK version.

I pose this match: CvSNK Geese versus SvC Geese.

Which Geese is better?

Stage: Pao Pao Cafe (Fatal Fury 1)

Remulous
Tough desision, I don't know?

Darkstorm Zero
SVC Chaos version I think... that Geese does frigging huge amounts of damage, expecially with his EXEED. Plus, he gets an axtra DM to work with.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
SVC Chaos version I think... that Geese does frigging huge amounts of damage, expecially with his EXEED. Plus, he gets an axtra DM to work with.

I agree with you on several things.

Geese has been dealing mad damage in every game since Fatal Fury. Even in CvSNK2, he does riduculous damage (repeat Janekens for a custom combo, anyone?)

As with the other characters in CvSNK, Geese also has Level 3 invincibility, meaning that if you do a Level 3 super or its eqivalent, then you can still nail the opponent.

SNK Geese doesn't have that kind of invincibility, nor does anyone else in an SNK fighting game. You can do a desperation move and knock them out of it. I've also talked with KOF veterans and they say that they prefer Capcom Geese over SNK Geese, mainly because his moves come out better and he plays better than SNK Geese.

In an interesting sidenote in CvSNK, performing a High Body Counter while the opponent is performing a physical Super, Geese can counter (doesn't matter if the attack is high or low)

TricksterPriest
Got that right. I've stopped things like Balrog's Crazy Buffalo and Blanka's electric roll super with the jodan atemi nage (high body counter). Tough call. My player instinct says CVS Geese because SVC is an inferior game. But SVC Geese does have some mad power and the Rashomon super. However, on a strict coolness and character potential basis, I'm sticking with the CVS Geese. There's really nothing in SVC to deal with Lvl. 3 invulnerability. That, and as Snafu says, Geese has more options in CVS2.

Hwoarang
Here is the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeRCzTMxDps

Major Snafu
What a bunch of...

Hwoarang
laughing

Not happy eh ?

I know its very funny. But the A.I improves with the game so basically the latest always wins.

TricksterPriest
Not true. With two players of equal skill, the capcom geese would win more often. The capcom geese didn't use the atemi nage once, nor did he use raging storm traps or even finish his deadly rave combo. He made several n00bish mistakes. The SVC geese used one move for most of the match, the ja-ei ken, which the capcom geese didn't counter with atemi nage once.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.