Red Eye 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
I heard there was a possibility of a sequel to Red Eye?

Has anyone else heard of this too and if so, what do you know about it?

I just don't see how something like that could work. It didn't really end with a very good sequel set up.

Strangelove
Lifted Directly from Wikipedia:

"Wes Craven spoke about the possibility of a sequel to the movie thriller. According to his interview from Empire Magazine, he talked that it is possible to extend the Cillian Murphy and Rachel McAdams's characters, because they had such an incredible chemistry. He said that it would be fascinating to have something like Jackson Rippner being held hostage by the government and needing her help for some reason. They would be the oddball duo: they hate each other and eventually become a tight-spun team. He added, although it would be a nice idea, and he confirmed that there was a general interest, it might prove to be a tricky proposition. According to him, Rachel McAdams would be trickiest to assign the role to because she has a manager who is cautious about her career. The script would have to be really terrific to pull off such a risky storyline, and if there is one, Wes Craven might possibly direct the sequel."

atharpina
hmm...weird.

mdp990
Really? I thought Cillian Murphy was great in the original .

Wolfie
I don't see a credible Red Eye 2 happening.

If we do see a sequel, it'll probably be one of those lame DTV sequels that has nothing to do with the original and just retells the story.

Wind Sister
It. . . . . . .might happen blink

I mean, the oddball duo is welcomed by many fans. If they're going to do it, however, there is going to have to be an amazing script, otherwise neither Cillian nor Rachel would except. I don't think, at least.

I think that if either Rachel or Cillian sign on, it will be worth a view.

If it's awful, however, it will rub off on the original. It better be a darn good script.

.Dance_Inside.
I'm not gonna lie, I would very much enjoy that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.