super-hero poker tourny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
who wins the million dollar pot

thing

torch

cyclops

wolverine

iceman

colossus

juggs

hercules

note i woulda added spider-man but i thought that would have been unfair

lando005
bump

Scoobless
Gotta give it to Wolverine due to his poker experience/hightened senses

lando005
Originally posted by Scoobless
Gotta give it to Wolverine due to his poker experience/hightened senses how does hightened senses help in poker?, and isnt the thing just as good as he is at poker?

Grimm22
Ben takes this cool

He made it to the finals of his world class poker tournament and lost to Flatman, only because all Flatman does all day is play poker

Scoobless
Originally posted by lando005
how does hightened senses help in poker?

They would help a lot.... trust me... if you can see/hear a guys pulse rate it would give you a hell of an advanttage... just noticing the minor things a person is doing while in a hand tells you a lot about what they might have

masterbruce
wolverine will beat out thing. He can smell someone bluffing

Metalmanx

thing

torch

cyclops

wolverine

iceman

colossus

juggs

hercules

Iceman.

lando005
They would help a lot.... trust me... if you can see/hear a guys pulse rate it would give you a hell of an advanttage... just noticing the minor things a person is doing while in a hand tells you a lot about what they might have
see a pulse rate? hearing it i kinda would buy into although that's more dd's department not sure if logan is on par with him in the whole hearing area other than that i do think it would be outta logan and ben

bigbran
Originally posted by masterbruce
wolverine will beat out thing. He can smell someone bluffing What??? They go to extremes now-a-days.

Oh ya, Wolverine connects to the million fanboys in the real world, and reads there mind, so he can see what everyone has.

thedude1948
This is the first thread i've seen in awhile that Thing actually wins.

lando005
Originally posted by thedude1948
This is the first thread i've seen in awhile that Thing actually wins.
respect ol blue eyes

Scoobless
see a pulse rate?

On a persons neck or temple

Psyquis52
How does he see a pulse rate on a Rock man?

SpunkySmurph
Well, I think Colossus has the best poker face...

But Wolverine still takes it smile

lando005
Originally posted by Psyquis52
How does he see a pulse rate on a Rock man? or a man on fire or a man of ice or a man in armour or a guy in a spandex costume

SpunkySmurph
He can still smell sweating for instance, and detect various signs of nervousness, bluffing, etc.

Scoobless
I'm assuming they will be in human form during the match... otherwise the cards would burn or freeze and break

Cyclops is the only one who wears spandex and he still has a lot of skin exposed ... Wolverine could detect changes in respiration/perspiration and see if blood flow increases to the face

lando005
forgot to mention it's texas hold em

lando005
I'm assuming they will be in human form during the match... otherwise the cards would burn or freeze and break

Cyclops is the only one who wears spandex and he still has a lot of skin exposed ... Wolverine could detect changes in respiration/perspiration and see if blood flow increases to the face
i know your not a wolvie fanboy but dont you think your pushing it a bit the onlything exposed in scotts costume is his jaw line

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Iceman.

Scoobless
i know your not a wolvie fanboy but dont you think your pushing it a bit the onlything exposed in scotts costume is his jaw line

Well I'm fairly certain that Scott is a poker noob.... which would lead me to believe that his breathing will change depending on the strength of his hand... plus I just never considered that he would get close to winning a hold 'em tourney

stick out tongue

MightyEInherjar
I'd bet on Ben too. He always seemed the experienced poker type. Didn't Grimm have a sig with him in it playing poker?

masterbruce
thing - his fingers are too big to grip cards, so he'll flip over his cards a coupla times, thus causing him to lose

torch - too much of a hothead and emotions make you lose

iceman - too young and inexperienced

juggs - dumb as bricks

cyclops - can't lie with a straight face to save his life

wolverine - veteran savvy, patience, instincts and competitive streak make him the obvious winner

colossus - see juggs

hercules - see colossus

Anyone care to dispute my analysis?

thedude1948

Yes, The Thing has already beat all of those guys minus Iceman and Juggs in a poker Tourney (he beat Spidey too which was mentioned in the OP.)

Scoobless
Yes, The Thing has already beat all of those guys minus Iceman and Juggs in a poker Tourney (he beat Spidey too which was mentioned in the OP.)

When was there a poker match?

lando005
thing - his fingers are too big to grip cards, so he'll flip over his cards a coupla times, thus causing him to lose

juggs - dumb as bricks

wolverine - veteran savvy, patience, instincts and competitive streak make him the obvious winner

colossus - see juggs

hercules - see colossus

laughing

Metalmanx

juggs - dumb as bricks

colossus - see juggs

hercules - see colossus

Yes. Iceman wins. He extends his consciousness to the ambient moisture around them and looks at their cards. His opponents would be COMPLETELY unaware, even Wolverine.

Edit: By the way, both Colossus and Juggernaut have proven dozens of times that they are actually rather intelligent and intellectual. Colossus much more so, but you get my point.

lando005
Yes, The Thing has already beat all of those guys minus Iceman and Juggs in a poker Tourney (he beat Spidey too which was mentioned in the OP.) spidy also beat ben too i just didnt want to include him cause his spidersense is too much of an advantage but hey it's all the luck of the cards on who would win

Grimm22

What the f**k? bored eek2 eer

Im sorry sir, but you just earned a spot on the Wolverine fanboy list

Grimm22
Yes. Iceman wins. He extends his consciousness to the ambient moisture around them and looks at their cards. His opponents would be COMPLETELY unaware, even Wolverine.

Edit: By the way, both Colossus and Juggernaut have proven dozens of times that they are actually rather intelligent and intellectual. Colossus much more so, but you get my point.

We like to call that cheating no expression

lando005
Originally posted by Grimm22

Im sorry sir, but you just earned a spot on the Wolverine fanboy list make that an mvf spot (most valuable fanboy)

masterbruce

Im sorry sir, but you just earned a spot on the Wolverine fanboy list

god no, I HATE wolverine and the MILLIONS of comics he's in

but I do believe he has the attributes needed to be a very good poker player.

thedude1948
When was there a poker match?
In The Thing #8 there was a superhero poker tourney with dozens of superheroes and Thing came in second to Flatman.

bigbran

but I do believe he has the attributes needed to be a very good poker player. What? Being a hairy, midget, that probably has a small penis, which is why he's raging all the time?

lando005

but I do believe he has the attributes needed to be a very good poker player. good poker player yes your discription of the tourny no

Metalmanx
We like to call that cheating no expression

thing

torch

cyclops

wolverine

iceman

colossus

juggs

hercules

I see nowhere in the original post it saying anything about cheating. Iceman is the only one that could do it without the others knowing it. That's why he has the advantage.

lando005
I see nowhere in the original post it saying anything about cheating. Iceman is the only one that could do it without the others knowing it. That's why he has the advantage. no cheating cheaters never win and besides their heroes they gotta set the standard

Grimm22
I see nowhere in the original post it saying anything about cheating. Iceman is the only one that could do it without the others knowing it. That's why he has the advantage.

Well if thats the case whats to stop Juggs from just killing everybody and stealing their cards no expression

lando005
wonder how thor would do in a hold em tourny

Metalmanx
no cheating cheaters never win and besides their heroes they gotta set the standard

Okay then, that's all I wanted to hear.

Then I say Cyclops wins. Being the most intelligent there, I feel he has the best shot. Yes, I know intelligence isn't everything in Poker, but I don't see how it won't help him a lot.

masterbruce
cyclops is not a good bluffer, he's too goody two shoes and too honest

besides, wolverine will play mind games with cyclops and get him emotional

lando005
cyclops isnt as good as ben or logan the top 3 there are ben>logan>herc

bigbran
Well if thats the case whats to stop Juggs from just killing everybody and stealing their cards no expression He couldn't kill Wolverine. Wolverine would just tap into his power source.
He absorbs all of his the fanboys souls, wich is millions, and then he puts it all in his claws, for one final attack.
You say I'm lying?
Check out Wolverine: Wolverinedoesn'thaveajobberaura, issue 2.

That should make most of your Wolverine hating arguments null now.

Believe me, I don't even like Wolverine, nor do I overestimate him, I just think that he beats Namor, Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Violator, Lobo, Thing, Deadpool, Captain America, Black Panther, Cyclops, Colossus (both forms), Darkness, Conner, Hercules, etc.

I also believe that Wolverine stabbing Thanos with the IG wasn't pis, and I will use it in arguements. Same with him doing it as bone claws.

In all seriousness, Wolverine I feel, doesn't have a jobber aura, and he is also in the 2 tons range.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by bigbran
What? Being a hairy, midget, that probably has a small penis, which is why he's raging all the time? And uncircumsized... with that grand healing factor and all. I imagine he cuts it off before a date. laughing

bigbran
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
And uncircumsized... with that grand healing factor and all. I imagine he cuts it off before a date. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Metalmanx
cyclops is not a good bluffer, he's too goody two shoes and too honest

besides, wolverine will play mind games with cyclops and get him emotional

Eh, that's your opinion. I feel that Cyke is as good as bluffer as any. In fact, maybe even more so, since you can't see his eyes.

lando005
Originally posted by bigbran
He couldn't kill Wolverine. Wolverine would just tap into his power source.
He absorbs all of his the fanboys souls, wich is millions, and then he puts it all in his claws, for one final attack.
You say I'm lying?
Check out Wolverine: Wolverinedoesn'thaveajobberaura, issue 2.

That should make most of your Wolverine hating arguments null now.

Believe me, I don't even like Wolverine, nor do I overestimate him, I just think that he beats Namor, Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Violator, Lobo, Thing, Deadpool, Captain America, Black Panther, Cyclops, Colossus (both forms), Darkness, Conner, Hercules, etc.

I also believe that Wolverine stabbing Thanos with the IG wasn't pis, and I will use it in arguements. Same with him doing it as bone claws.

In all seriousness, Wolverine I feel, doesn't have a jobber aura, and he is also in the 2 tons range. not over estimating him.........riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Tha C-Master
Eh, that's your opinion. I feel that Cyke is as good as bluffer as any. In fact, maybe even more so, since you can't see his eyes. He is definitely a cold guy. smile

lando005
Eh, that's your opinion. I feel that Cyke is as good as bluffer as any. In fact, maybe even more so, since you can't see his eyes. u can still see most of his jaw line

Soljer
not over estimating him.........riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

....Not one for subtlety, huh?

lando005
nope

Metalmanx
u can still see most of his jaw line

So? You just assume he's going to show his emotions. This is the man that's seen his own wife killed so many times right in front of him...he's not going to show poker emotion. no expression

Juntai
I play Poker 4 days a week, and I think Ben would be roughest to play.

ThePittman

thing

torch

cyclops

wolverine

iceman

colossus

juggs

hercules

note i woulda added spider-man but i thought that would have been unfair Already been done

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=407454&highlight=poker+forumid%3A77

trolly_crouchjr
Id say Juggs, petty criminals love 2 gamble

newjak86
I would put my money on either Thing or Juggs.

Both would be the hardest to read in my opinion. Jugg's has helmet which when it is drawn sometimes can easily hide his face from everyone and no one I think i reading Cain or Thing's body signs as they are both basically inhuman in body. Cain doesn't need to eat breath or sleep if he wanted to I don't see him giving any signs of emotion just like Thing.

Next I believe they would have the most exprience at poker. Thing for all the reasons stated before.

Juggs because he has been around every redneck and pety dirty bar around and one of the best games to play in those is poker.

So Juggs or Thing

Scoobless
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
Id say Juggs, petty criminals love 2 gamble

Yes..... yes we do.

shifty

lando005
So? You just assume he's going to show his emotions. This is the man that's seen his own wife killed so many times right in front of him...he's not going to show poker emotion. no expression his wife's come bac and died so many times now if i was him i'd just be fed up with it i mean come on now stay dead or alive she's become a bad rash that just wont go away, but that's another story i dont think he's experianced enough to beat some of the better players here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.