King Hyperion vs. Gladiator(full confidence)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
No jobing , for Gladiator.. At full potential for both these characters ...Who wins?

King Hyperion, has just ripped threw the Imperial Guards defenses.The only one that stands in the way of the queen, is Gladiator..... Can he protect her from this threat.

complexbrother
with no jobbing my vote is for ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Gladiator1.jpg

Faceman
Nice pic!

Galan777
ill go /w/ Glads as well, at full-confidence he should be nearly unbeatable

Roldz
Glads FTW...

juggernaut66666
Hyperion i think he killed Thor and Thor was to much for Gladiator

Soljer
There is one little problem....

Gladiator is a GIGANTIC Jobber. He's almost as bad as Galactus - as Galactus is always STARVING, Gladiator always has his weird inferiority complex creep up. I'm not entirely sure how to accurately gauge his "Full confidence" power level. Thusly, I'm not going to enter any vote into this debate. Just pointing out how difficult it really is to make an unbiased decision with ANY fight including the Gladiator. Who the hell knows what his 'confidence level' was at the times of the feats he pulled off?

Galan777
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Hyperion i think he killed Thor and Thor was to much for Gladiator I dont think Glads was full-confidence when he fought Thor

Roldz
Yeah take out all the jobbing from Glads, his basicly Superman unlimeted potential..lol.. if his confident enough to lift a Universe he will lift it... and thats not even possible..

invisiblewoman
yeah, glads FTW

ThePittman

Big Sexy
Does anyone have scans of the Hyperion/ Gladiator fight?

manjaro
this is kinda tricky cuz hyperion is an eternal..and the same way makkari focused all his cosmic powers into running, so much so that he doesnt manipuluate energy like the rest of his compatriots anymore, so i guess you could assume the same for hyperion that he focused all his inherent cosmic powers into speed, strentgh and invulnerbalirty..

.but a big misconception about gladiator is that he is massivley depowered when he doubts himself. the thing is all that does is temporarily leave him open for an attack, but his bone and muscle tissue dont "un-densify" to make him feel something and his powers dont disappear, it just leaves him open thats all.. that being said a full cinfidence glads should prove difficult for king hyperion to beat, but the simple fact that he's killed scores of super heroes all at once time and time again KH is no pushover either so im gonna say reasonable showings by both until they finally say screw it and stop..i say its a tie, i dont see any way one could kill the other

guy222
prolly kallark

Photon009
King Hype still kicks his alien ass all over the place. Gladiator, even confident, had an EXTREMELY hard time with Hyperion. And only won because of his superior fighting skills. They were shown to be dead even in strength, heat vision, speed, everything except fighting skills. This Hyperion has better fighting skills than the regular Hyperion, plus is MUCH stronger, faster, more invulnerable, etc. And on top of all that, breaking King Hyperion's neck wont do jack shit. He'll just snap it back. King Hyperion was NEVER knocked out, or beaten straight-up, because it's nearly impossible. He was only beaten twice, once beating himself and the other time with a sand trick. Even 2 regular Hyperions, who are each physically (strength, speed, durability) equal to Gladiator, couldnt do much more than piss King Hyperion off. King Hyperion wins this.

llagrok
You know he's invulnerable when Mimic almost knocks him out and Namorita can snap his neck.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by llagrok
You know he's invulnerable when Mimic almost knocks him out and Namorita can snap his neck.
Qft Iv never seen whats so strong about king hyperion...

Newjak
Glads wins I think in what amounts to a good brawl but Glads is just flat out better.

KH's feats are very kind of abstracted.

Oh he beat two universes worth of heroes yet he can not stop an asteroid with his Flash Vision. The same Flash Vision that crippled him.

Oh he said he beat a Galactus, yet Mimic can KO him going at half the speed of light and with only class 75 strength.

KH in terms of the Top-Tier guys was very unimpressive.

Kutulu
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Qft Iv never seen whats so strong about king hyperion...

Well for one he killed every living being in his universe, including every superhero and villain on Earth, and Galactus as well.

Newjak
Originally posted by Kutulu
Well for one he killed every living being in his universe, including every superhero and villain on Earth, and Galactus as well. Yeah because those are very concrete feats right. The Exiles also beat Galactus once.

KH's actual feats were never that good compared to other High-Tier characters.

The asteroid getting KOed by Mimic, neck snapped by Namorita.

Val
His low feats were horrible and his highs were nothing to write home about. Gladiator kills him.

llagrok
Originally posted by Newjak
Glads wins I think in what amounts to a good brawl but Glads is just flat out better.

KH's feats are very kind of abstracted.

Oh he beat two universes worth of heroes yet he can not stop an asteroid with his Flash Vision. The same Flash Vision that crippled him.

Oh he said he beat a Galactus, yet Mimic can KO him going at half the speed of light and with only class 75 strength.

KH in terms of the Top-Tier guys was very unimpressive.

This is the man who convinced me that KH wasn't all that he's hyped up to be. Let's hope Newjak can work his magic once more.

Also, doesn't mimic only get 50% of a character's strength, meaning that he should be around class 40. Seeing as he copied the original Colossus' power.

Kutulu
Yeah because those are very concrete feats right. The Exiles also beat Galactus once.

KH's actual feats were never that good compared to other High-Tier characters.

The asteroid getting KOed by Mimic, neck snapped by Namorita.

That's what sucks about off-panel feats. sad

Newjak
This is the man who convinced me that KH wasn't all that he's hyped up to be. Let's hope Newjak can work his magic once more.

Also, doesn't mimic only get 50% of a character's strength, meaning that he should be around class 40. Seeing as he copied the original Colossus' power. Well it is stated he is class 75

Which if you think about it is feasible seeing it isn't like Colossus is right at 100 tons. We know he can lift more so 50% of Colossus' strength could be class 75 easily.

That's what sucks about off-panel feats. sad It's not just that they are off panel it is also the lack of feats for the characters he beat.

For instance was the Thor he was shown holding as strong as 616 Thor more than likely not considering everything KH struggled with Thor has done before in the past or greater. What about the Prof. Hulk he beat was he as strong as his 616 counter part. Hard to tell.

But one thing is for sure you can not assume they are unless they have feats comparable to them which these characters didn't.

So we can only go by what quantifiable feats we can get from.

Which are getting KOed by Mimic, neck snapped by Namorita not very good at all.

Photon009
King Hyperion couldve stopped the asteroid had he wanted to. There was just no point since the small pieces falling off were still going to destroy the Earth anyways. That was clearly shown when he looked back and saw the small pieces getting past him, and clearly stated in the next panel when he said "there's no point".

Getting KOed from a 500+ pound organic steel cannonball at 1/2 light speed is not something to be ashamed of. Especially since it only really stunned him for a second more than KOed him. He was only down for a panel before he started moving and grunting again.

Getting his neck snapped by Namora? Considering Namora has been shown to be stronger than Namor, and a mid level Class 100 at least, it's not really that unimpressive. Especially considering he snapped it right back, and one shotted her.

And his high end feats arent anything special? Taking on 2 Hyperions at once and kicking their ass isnt impressive? Totally owning Holocaust like a ***** isnt impressive? Oneshotting guys such as Wolverine, Namora, Colossus, Shadowcat, Magneto, the Hulk, etc isnt impressive? Killing Thor and the Avengers isnt impressive? Decapitating the Thing after killing the rest of the FF isnt impressive? Crushing Mimic's hand like paper isnt impressive (Mimic is Class 75 btw)? etc etc

King Hyperion kills Gladiator easily.

llagrok
Shown to be stronger than Namor`?

Please

Photon009
Shown to be stronger than Namor`?

Please

Um, considering when she fought Namor she was shown better, and considering she lifted a large piece of a mountain (or something like that, i forget what happenned since i havent read it in a while), she is superior to Namor.

Newjak
Originally posted by Photon009
King Hyperion couldve stopped the asteroid had he wanted to. There was just no point since the small pieces falling off were still going to destroy the Earth anyways. That was clearly shown when he looked back and saw the small pieces getting past him, and clearly stated in the next panel when he said "there's no point".

Getting KOed from a 500+ pound organic steel cannonball at 1/2 light speed is not something to be ashamed of. Especially since it only really stunned him for a second more than KOed him. He was only down for a panel before he started moving and grunting again.

Getting his neck snapped by Namora? Considering Namora has been shown to be stronger than Namor, and a mid level Class 100 at least, it's not really that unimpressive. Especially considering he snapped it right back, and one shotted her.

King Hyperion wins this. His whole goal was to stop the asteroid which he failed in doing. Now tell me would Superman have failed or Thor or Silver Surfer. No they succeed where KH failed simple enough.

He was down for longer than that. There were at three or four panels between when he got KOed and when he got back up.

Namora is not stronger than Namor, I would love to see what evidence exists for this. Either way he still got his neck snapped and had it not been for him having a healing factor he would have died.

I mean I can guarantee Glads, Thor, Superman, or Silver Surfer wouldn't have ahd thei necked snapped by a similar effort.

Once again it isn't like his feats are that bad but compared to the people he routinely gets placed up against yes they are. He is no Glads, Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer level person.

Newjak
Um, considering when she fought Namor she was shown better, and considering she lifted a large piece of a mountain (or something like that, i forget what happenned since i havent read it in a while), she is superior to Namor. So you are saying she is stronger than a Namor not the Namor(616)

Yeah that happened but then again 616 Namor would have beaten that Namor as well. And holding a portion of a mountain is oddly enough right in line with 616 Namor's strength.

llagrok
Um, considering when she fought Namor she was shown better, and considering she lifted a large piece of a mountain (or something like that, i forget what happenned since i havent read it in a while), she is superior to Namor.

A Namor, not the 616 Namor. It seems you've yet to grasp the whole "alternate universe thing" So I'll dumb it down for you.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/fun%20pics/1194116761934.jpg

Photon009
His whole goal was to stop the asteroid which he failed in doing. Now tell me would Superman have failed or Thor or Silver Surfer. No they succeed where KH failed simple enough.

He was down for longer than that. There were at three or four panels between when he got KOed and when he got back up.

Namora is not stronger than Namor, I would love to see what evidence exists for this. Either way he still got his neck snapped and had it not been for him having a healing factor he would have died.

I mean I can guarantee Glads, Thor, Superman, or Silver Surfer wouldn't have ahd thei necked snapped by a similar effort.

--

Once again it isn't like his feats are that bad but compared to the people he routinely gets placed up against yes they are. He is no Glads, Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer level person.
So you are saying she is stronger than a Namor not the Namor(616)

Yeah that happened but then again 616 Namor would have beaten that Namor as well. And holding a portion of a mountain is oddly enough right in line with 616 Namor's strength.

His goal was to stop the asteroid, yes. But he didnt fail. He gave up because there was no point, which is the key point there. He chose to try to stop the asteroid in a stupid way (i never said KH was smart, just powerful) by using his heat vision, which tore alot of relatively small pieces off of it. Then he saw that was happening, and that even though he couldve stopped the big asteroid, he wouldnt be able to stop the little pieces, so he literally said "there's no point" since there wasnt because the small pieces were going to (and did) destroy the planet anyways.

No, he wasnt down for 3 or four panels. He was hit, then Blink came to Mimic's aid, saying she hopes he's okay and that she thinks he only stunned Hyperion, etc, and then you here Hyperion grunting, and then the next panel after that he gets up. So he was only "knocked out" for one panel, which is more like just being briefly stunned as Blink said.

Yes, he mightve been in trouble if he didnt have a healing factor. But what difference does that make? He has one, a massive one, so it's irrelevant here. And as i said, Namora is AT LEAST on par with 616 Namor, if not stronger. She lifted a very very large portion of a mountain, something i cant see Namor doing, as well as got the better of the alternate universe Namor. Plus she just got out of the water like 1/2 a second before she snapped his neck, and it was a cheap shot on top of that.

I can guarantee you that Superman, Thor, and Surfer wouldnt have had their necks snapped. But in Superman's case, they wouldnt let Superman or Thor die to Namora in a comic, and in Surfer's case, he doesnt have bones to begin with. But what should happen is, they wouldve had their necks broken too. You fail to realize that 1 Hyperion is equal to Superman in everything except for fighting skills. And King Hyperion was beating the shit out of 2 Hyperions.

He's no Glads, Thor, Superman, etc? Considering hes killed the Hulk, Colossus, Vision, Shadowcat, Namora, Magneto, Wolverine, Sunfire, among many others with just one dose of his heat vision, and has killed big names such as Thor himself, the rest of the Avengers including Cap, Iron Man, and Giant Man, including breaking Cap's shield, has also killed the Fantastic Five including DECAPITATING the Thing, etc. He also crushed a Class 75 (Mimic's) hand without any effort whatsoever. He's also killed Holocaust without any effort whatsoever, and killed 3 worlds full of heroes before he met the Exiles. His original world also had no resources left to defeat him, so they nuked the whole planet, but he was fine. You know how many nukes it takes to wipe out a planet? ALOT.

And last but not least, do you even think about what you're saying? Hyperion has gotten the better of Thor, and in everythign except fighting skills stalemated Gladiator, and both Gladiator and Thor are AT THE VERY LEAST on par with Superman. And King Hyperion was beating the holy hell out of 2 Hyperions.

vlaaad12345
You still arent grasping alternate realities dont=616.

Photon009
You still arent grasping alternate realities dont=616.

I do grasp that. But their still close enough. I consider alternate realities 90% of the 616, unless otherwise shown stronger or weaker. And that's basically what they are, around 90%. So killing Thor easily, breaking Cap's shield, oneshotting the Hulk with heat vision, etc still puts him far above 616 Thor.

Newjak
His goal was to stop the asteroid, yes. But he didnt fail. He gave up because there was no point, which is the key point there. He chose to try to stop the asteroid in a stupid way (i never said KH was smart, just powerful) by using his heat vision, which tore alot of relatively small pieces off of it. Then he saw that was happening, and that even though he couldve stopped the big asteroid, he wouldnt be able to stop the little pieces, so he literally said "there's no point" since there wasnt because the small pieces were going to (and did) destroy the planet anyways.

No, he wasnt down for 3 or four panels. He was hit, then Blink came to Mimic's aid, saying she hopes he's okay and that she thinks he only stunned Hyperion, etc, and then you here Hyperion grunting, and then the next panel after that he gets up. So he was only "knocked out" for one panel, which is more like just being briefly stunned as Blink said.

Yes, he mightve been in trouble if he didnt have a healing factor. But what difference does that make? He has one, a massive one, so it's irrelevant here. And as i said, Namora is AT LEAST on par with 616 Namor, if not stronger. She lifted a very very large portion of a mountain, something i cant see Namor doing, as well as got the better of the alternate universe Namor. Plus she just got out of the water like 1/2 a second before she snapped his neck, and it was a cheap shot on top of that.

I can guarantee you that Superman, Thor, and Surfer wouldnt have had their necks snapped. But in Superman's case, they wouldnt let Superman or Thor die to Namora in a comic, and in Surfer's case, he doesnt have bones to begin with. But what should happen is, they wouldve had their necks broken too. You fail to realize that 1 Hyperion is equal to Superman in everything except for fighting skills. And King Hyperion was beating the shit out of 2 Hyperions.

He's no Glads, Thor, Superman, etc? Considering hes killed the Hulk, Colossus, Vision, Shadowcat, Namora, Magneto, Wolverine, Sunfire, among many others with just one dose of his heat vision, and has killed big names such as Thor himself, the rest of the Avengers including Cap, Iron Man, and Giant Man, including breaking Cap's shield, has also killed the Fantastic Five including DECAPITATING the Thing, etc. He also crushed a Class 75 (Mimic's) hand without any effort whatsoever. He's also killed Holocaust without any effort whatsoever, and killed 3 worlds full of heroes before he met the Exiles. His original world also had no resources left to defeat him, so they nuked the whole planet, but he was fine. You know how many nukes it takes to wipe out a planet? ALOT.

And last but not least, do you even think about what you're saying? Hyperion has gotten the better of Thor, and in everythign except fighting skills stalemated Gladiator, and both Gladiator and Thor are AT THE VERY LEAST on par with Superman. And King Hyperion was beating the holy hell out of 2 Hyperions. He didn't stop it because he couldn't stop it that fact was very focused in.

In fact he knew he couldn't do it alone so he gave Rouge a portion of his power to help him do it and both together couldn't do the job. That is the whole point. Also his Flash Vision never tore pieces off if you look carefully enough you see that those pieces were already off he just couldn't stop the big piece. That was his whole plan after all. He wanted to stop the big piece even if the little ones caused some damage.

What should have happened means nothing. the fact is that Thor, Superman ,Gladiator have all taken harder shots then Exiles Mimic and resisted a lot more force then Namora's attack. Also he was down for quite a few panels. He was down for entire page in the Comic I don't know if you've actually seen he comics but he was down for more than one panel.

Also Namor(616) has far better feats than Namora ever did.

Once again going into a tangent about who he beat please. No body he beat had any feats to speak off. They were alternate reality versions of the characters and there is no evidence they were as strong as their 616 counter parts. So to assume he can beat Thor based off of that is ridiculous.

Also KH wasn't beating the heck out of the other two Hyperions that fight lasted for quite awhile and KH only gained the upper hand because unlike the other Hyperions he was willing to kill and he still never beat them as they were still able to continue fighting. Of course then KH loses to Blink regardless

Also would you like to mention the fact that KH was receiving a boost of energy at the time and was in fact stronger than he normally was and yet he still couldn't beat Blink, or the other two Hyperions. wink

Newjak
I do grasp that. But their still close enough. I consider alternate realities 90% of the 616, unless otherwise shown stronger or weaker. And that's basically what they are, around 90%. So killing Thor easily, breaking Cap's shield, oneshotting the Hulk with heat vision, etc still puts him far above 616 Thor. Except what you thin kthey rank around means jak and squat in debate because you can not prove exactly how strong they were. Therefore you can not use them.

Newjak
Well I don't have time to post the scans basically showing him he is wrong so I'll have to do that later.

vlaaad12345
I do grasp that. But their still close enough. I consider alternate realities 90% of the 616, unless otherwise shown stronger or weaker. And that's basically what they are, around 90%. So killing Thor easily, breaking Cap's shield, oneshotting the Hulk with heat vision, etc still puts him far above 616 Thor.
Wrong,until a alternate reality proves they are as strong as 616 they arent,and thats preety much always the case the 616 counterparts are always better,hyperion got knocked out for several panels from mimic,neck snapped by a low class 100 at best and couldnt stop an asteroid,pwning alternate universe people who never showed anything close to their 616 counterparts strength means jack.

llagrok

No, not at all. The stuff you're posting there is also pretty flawed, but we won't have to get into that right now.

You're basically saying that beating an alternate version of a character is like beating one that's slightly weaker than the 616 counterpart? Then you're pretty much retarded.

Photon009
King Hyperion couldve stopped the asteroid. Ive explained this many times but no ones believes me. You're all idiots if you honestly think someone who can kill guys like the Hulk and Thor and take on 2 Hyperions and win cant stop an asteroid. I mean, one regular Hyperion has put out enough strength to crush a ****ign planet you idiots. Wake up and go read the story again. He didnt stop it because there was no point because the little pieces that were falling off were going to destroy the planet anyways. King Hyperion wins. And yes, in the Abraxas story, it showed that 616 is the main universe, and that the rest of the universes characters are not quite as powerful as the 616 ones, but still close as hell. 90% is about right. (They showed that with Galactus and someone else, i forget exactly who). Seriously though, the next person that claims he couldnt stop it, post scans of him "not stopping it" so i can show you the real truth.

Photon009
King Hyperion was NOT receiving a boost. He was just drawn differently, this time with glowing red eyes because the artist changed since the last time we saw him. He didnt get any sort of power boost.

And King Hyperion WAS beating the shit out of the 2 regular Hyperions. Read it again. The whole fight was him basically throwing them around, theyd get some good shots in, but most of the time he was owning them. And you say Blink beat him as if she beat him straight up through power. She didnt. She used a trick, porting a 1/2 ton of sand into him and letting the Hyperions beat on him. And he healed from the sand trick about a page or so after the Hyperions stopped beating on him.

And he couldnt beat Blink and the 2 other Hyperions? King Hyperion is insane, remember that. He couldve killed Blink instead of talking to her that time in the desert, or pretty much any other time he wanted. She was running from him the entire time, teleporting herself and the others all over the place. If he wanted to have killed her there in the desert, she wouldnt have had a chance in hell. And if it wasnt for Blink stuffing a 1/2 ton of sand into King Hyperion's body, he wouldve killed the 2 Hyperions too, as we saw as KH had both Hyperions pretty much on their knees when Blink ported them to the desert to pull that trick.

And the alternate universe versions are usable if youve actually read comics you'd know that. Theyre the littlest bit weaker than the regular 616 versions, but their still usable as i explained in my last post. So basically he killed a depowered Thor easily, a depowered Hulk easily, one-shotted a depowered Magneto, one-shotted a depowered Colossus, one-shotted a depowered Shadowcat, one-shotted a depowered Wolverine, broke Captain America's shield, decapitated a depowered Thing, absolutely destroyed depowered versions of the Fantastic Five and Avengers, as well as easily killing the real Holocaust (whose given X-Man, a high top tier, big problems in the past), toying with Mimic, breaking his hand (keep in mind Mimic is Class 75 and Hype broke his hand like tissue paper), one shotted the real Namora, and kicked the shit out of 2 REAL Hyperions, one of which has done stuff like gotten the better of Thor, and matched guys like the Hulk and Gladiator in strength.

READ THIS:
Let me put it this way...see this?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad4.jpg

Thats regular Hyperion totally stalemating Gladiator in strength, speed, reflexes, durability, and heat vision. Gladiator only won because of his vastly superior fighting skills which is clearly noted. Now after looking at that, the King Hype/Gladiator fight would go the same way, except this time, with King Hype showing to be much stronger and more powerful than regular Hyperion in everything including strength and heat vision, he would overpower Gladiator easily. And if Gladiator snapped his neck, he'd snap it back. King Hyperion wins this easily.

END OF DEBATE.

Kutulu
King Hyperion was NOT receiving a boost. He was just drawn differently, this time with glowing red eyes because the artist changed since the last time we saw him. He didnt get any sort of power boost.

And King Hyperion WAS beating the shit out of the 2 regular Hyperions. Read it again. The whole fight was him basically throwing them around, theyd get some good shots in, but most of the time he was owning them. And you say Blink beat him as if she beat him straight up through power. She didnt. She used a trick, porting a 1/2 ton of sand into him and letting the Hyperions beat on him. And he healed from the sand trick about a page or so after the Hyperions stopped beating on him.

And he couldnt beat Blink and the 2 other Hyperions? King Hyperion is insane, remember that. He couldve killed Blink instead of talking to her that time in the desert, or pretty much any other time he wanted. She was running from him the entire time, teleporting herself and the others all over the place. If he wanted to have killed her there in the desert, she wouldnt have had a chance in hell. And if it wasnt for Blink stuffing a 1/2 ton of sand into King Hyperion's body, he wouldve killed the 2 Hyperions too, as we saw as KH had both Hyperions pretty much on their knees when Blink ported them to the desert to pull that trick.

And the alternate universe versions are usable if youve actually read comics you'd know that. Theyre the littlest bit weaker than the regular 616 versions, but their still usable as i explained in my last post. So basically he killed a depowered Thor easily, a depowered Hulk easily, one-shotted a depowered Magneto, one-shotted a depowered Colossus, one-shotted a depowered Shadowcat, one-shotted a depowered Wolverine, broke Captain America's shield, decapitated a depowered Thing, absolutely destroyed depowered versions of the Fantastic Five and Avengers, as well as easily killing the real Holocaust (whose given X-Man, a high top tier, big problems in the past), toying with Mimic, breaking his hand (keep in mind Mimic is Class 75 and Hype broke his hand like tissue paper), one shotted the real Namora, and kicked the shit out of 2 REAL Hyperions, one of which has done stuff like gotten the better of Thor, and matched guys like the Hulk and Gladiator in strength.

READ THIS:
Let me put it this way...see this?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad4.jpg

Thats regular Hyperion totally stalemating Gladiator in strength, speed, reflexes, durability, and heat vision. Gladiator only won because of his vastly superior fighting skills which is clearly noted. Now after looking at that, the King Hype/Gladiator fight would go the same way, except this time, with King Hype showing to be much stronger and more powerful than regular Hyperion in everything including strength and heat vision, he would overpower Gladiator easily. And if Gladiator snapped his neck, he'd snap it back. King Hyperion wins this easily.

END OF DEBATE.

Damn, Photon009 just straight up pwned! Excellent summary and debate.
xomfg

Newjak
Well prepared to have your entire thing taken away.

First the the asteroid feat which Hyperion could clearly stop and blow up anytime he wanted to roll eyes (sarcastic)

First if he could then when it was farther away from the earth why didn't he instead of having to ask Magneto for help:

Next here is the scan where he AND ROGUE are both trying to blast the Asteroid. First though let's point some things out about this. Notice that

A) The pieces Photon said Hyperion was breaking off were in fact coming from outside the biggest piece of the asteroid. Meaning they were already separate. Hence why Hyperion said do not bother with the little pieces he only cared about the big piece.

B) Also make note of where Rogue and KH were straight on blasting the Asteroid point blank and the lack of massive damage they were doing to it. This really shows that KH could destroy the Asteroid anytime he wanted or should I say no he couldn't.

C) He only gave up after failing to destroy the asteroid when he realized his Flash Vision was barely damaging the asteroid

Now here is the picture and you can clearly see everything I just pointed out:

Now just to finish all this confusion about how long KH was knocked out here is from when Mimic hit him to when he finally started to get back up and everything in between:

So there you have it. Hyperion was knocked out for 2 pages. Heck Blink and Mimic almost have complete conversation before Hyperion even begin to get up. Yeah I'm really lying about him being down for more than a panel laughing

Now for the fact he didn't have a power up for when he fought the Hyperions.

I will start by his amazing healing feat in the Crystal Palace:

Note the fact he didn't start to heal until he was SOAKING UP the energies the Palace Gave off. Also please note that he had been in the Crystal Palace for some time until the Exiles got there so he had been soaking ups its energies for awhile.

Here is other reason he was powered up for the fight:

Note he tells Holocaust he picked him to join the Exiles because KH knew he could absorb the energy Holocaust gave off which he did.

So we know he was soaking up the energies of the Crystal Palace and absorbed the power of Holocaust but apparently some people like to say he didn't have an amp going into the fight with the Hyperions.

But to really drive this fact home I just want to point out one big thing. Before he got to the Crystal Palace and began soaking ups its energies his healing factor was non-existent:

Note this takes place before KH gets to the Crystal Palace. Note also that he gets crippled by his own Flash Vision(The same Flash Vision that couldn't stop an asteroid) and he can no longer fight. Where was his mighty Healing Factor then. Why didn't he heal right up at that moment hmmm. Could it be it wasn't until he got his amp in the Crystal Palace that he actually gained one why yes it could be.

Face it je had an Amp when fighting the two Hyperions and they were still able to stalemate him.

Now as for this whole 90% thing. Besides the fact it is ludicrous there is one other very big things that goes against this in the Exiles.
Here KH tells the Exiles that they have been his biggest challenges and have hurt him more than anyone else:

Now let's just look at this the Exiles have hurt him the most. Well let's just look at this for a second.

If the Thor he fought was really as you said only 90% then that Thor would have still been able to throw his Hammer faster than light and have high class 100 strength. Yet someone who can only go half the speed of light and was only class 75 was able to hurt him worse then he has ever been hurt before. Yep the heroes he fought were naturally 90% of their 616 counterparts roll eyes (sarcastic)

But if that isn't enough for ya let's look at the Exiles track record when showing other heroes or villians.

John Proudstar has beaten a savage Hulk before and beat Galactus.
Mimic has beaten a Namor and a Juggernaut before

Yep that just screams the Exiles as putting people at 90% or not.

So I'm sorry you are just wrong about all of this.

Photon009
You just proved me right. Thank you. Notice when Hyperion looks back and says no? Thats because he sees the smaller pieces getting past, and he knew they were going to destroy the Earth anyways. And he wasnt doing any damage? See all those pieces getting past? Those were getting knocked off from the damage Hyperion did to it. I can prove this easily. It was Asteroid M. It's one asteroid. So a bunch of small asteroids coming with it? No. Those pieces were being blasted off the asteroid. And no, he gave up because the small pieces of the asteroid falling off and getting past him were going to destroy the Earth anyways even if he stopped the big one. That's clearly implied. And one more time, Hyperion's heat vision was tearing apart the asteroid, and has also one-shotted Morph, Namora, the Hulk, Colossus, Shadowcat, Wolverine, Magneto, Firestar, Iceman, among others.

Oh, and another thing....look at this scan and read the narration right above the little picture of them face-to-face:
See that? Planet-pulverizing force they were generating. So are you telling me one normal Hyperion could destroy a planet (and has, he once drove Wonder Man right through a planet), but King Hyperion who was beating the hell out of 2 regular Hyperions cant even do anything to an asteroid? Gimme a break.

And Hyperion was asking for Magneto's help? No. Hyperion wanted Magneto to stop it for 2 reasons, cause 1) It's Magneto's doing so he should fix it, and 2) Hyperion simply didnt want to get his hands dirty. You're so dumb dude.

Yes, i was wrong about Hyperion being knocked out, but there's still alot of things to consider, and if you think about these things it's not really a bad showing. 1) Hyperion was hit from behind. 2) Hyperion was hit by suprise, he didnt have a chance to brace himself or anything. If a 500 pound cannonball of organic steel going 1/2 light speed hit any top tier, even Superman, theyd be knocked the **** out for a lot longer than Hyperion was. And finally, 3) Mimic did more damage to himself than he did to Hyperion, so that's a great showing of Hyperion's durability, considering Mimic crippled himself.

Hyperion always had those healing abilities dumbass. He got an Eternal physiology and a great healing factor. It's not like his physiology just got changed somehow. He always had that healing factor. And dude, he's basically Superman+, the sun helps Supermen. Anyone who knows Superman knows that. Hyperion's the same way. The solar energy just helped him heal quicker, but he wouldve healed eventually im sure.

Wait, are you trying to tell me Hyperion got powered up by snorting Holocaust, and thats why he picked Holocaust to be on the team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No. Snorting Holocaust was more light a small sundip. It's not a permanent powerup. And that's NOT the reason he picked him for the team. He picked Holocaust for the team to work against them, screw up Blink as a leader, "make things tougher for these pansies" in Hyperion's own words. So no, Hyperion didnt get a power up, and he didnt stalemate the 2 regular Hyperions. King Hyperion was kicking their ass so bad Blink had to pull that sand trick before he killed them. Hell they were practically on their knees when the fight was paused when Blink ported them to desert.

So wait, since Hyperion didnt heal from a ****ing gaping HOLE in his back in like a page before Gambit exploded him, he didnt have a healing factor before? He always had a healing factor. His physiology didnt change as i said before. Do you realize that it didnt take Hyperion 2 pages to heal back from that explosion from Gambit, it took him like 20+ issues. His regeneration is effective, but slow.

You cant argue with facts. It's a fact that all alternate universe versions are EXTREMELY close in power. There's just not quite up to par with 616, but theyre close. It's been specifically shown in the FF Abraxas arc with Galactus and another character that i cant remember. And do you honestly think the Exiles have hurt him more than anyone else? Are you on crack? You think he meant it like that? It's pretty obvious he just said that meaning that theyre his most persistent opponents, they refuse to give up, etc. Not that theyre actually the toughest. So yes, roughly each alternate universe is about 90% the original.

But just to embarass you some more...lets have fun with these last couple things...

-John Proudstar beat Hulk for many reasons. 1) Hulk was dying of a sickness of some sort. 2) Proudstar was amped up to high Class 100 levels by Apocalypse.
-Proudstar didnt beat Galactus. He punched a hole in him. Beta Ray Bill has done the same damn thing, made a huge crack in his armor. Hell, even the Invisible Woman has punched a huge hole through Galactus' chest. Proudstar at full power was stronger than both Bill and Sue, and he punched a hole and the energy spilling out killed him.
-There's nothing wrong with Mimic beating Namor really. Namor has had a hard time with guys like the Thing, and is very overrated. Mimic is at the very least Class 75, with great fighting skills, and almost unrivaled versatility. He could take Namor.
-I dont remember Mimic ever taking down Juggernaut, but if you provide scans i'd like to see. And just a guess, but it was probably depowered Juggy, whose no better than Namor. Depowered Juggy would get his ass kicked by Mimic, hell he had an extremely hard time lifting Colossus' max lifting weight.

As i said, you're an idiot. And are 100% wrong as usual.

vlaaad12345

As i said, Im an idiot. And Im always 100% wrong.
We know.

Acrosurge
Newjak makes a tight case. I think 616 Gladiator (non X-jobbing version) takes King Hyperion down.

NiñoAraña
We know. mature. no expression

Newjak
You just proved me right. Thank you. Notice when Hyperion looks back and says no? Thats because he sees the smaller pieces getting past, and he knew they were going to destroy the Earth anyways. And he wasnt doing any damage? See all those pieces getting past? Those were getting knocked off from the damage Hyperion did to it. I can prove this easily. It was Asteroid M. It's one asteroid. So a bunch of small asteroids coming with it? No. Those pieces were being blasted off the asteroid. And no, he gave up because the small pieces of the asteroid falling off and getting past him were going to destroy the Earth anyways even if he stopped the big one. That's clearly implied. And one more time, Hyperion's heat vision was tearing apart the asteroid, and has also one-shotted Morph, Namora, the Hulk, Colossus, Shadowcat, Wolverine, Magneto, Firestar, Iceman, among others.

Oh, and another thing....look at this scan and read the narration right above the little picture of them face-to-face:
See that? Planet-pulverizing force they were generating. So are you telling me one normal Hyperion could destroy a planet (and has, he once drove Wonder Man right through a planet), but King Hyperion who was beating the hell out of 2 regular Hyperions cant even do anything to an asteroid? Gimme a break.

And Hyperion was asking for Magneto's help? No. Hyperion wanted Magneto to stop it for 2 reasons, cause 1) It's Magneto's doing so he should fix it, and 2) Hyperion simply didnt want to get his hands dirty. You're so dumb dude.

Yes, i was wrong about Hyperion being knocked out, but there's still alot of things to consider, and if you think about these things it's not really a bad showing. 1) Hyperion was hit from behind. 2) Hyperion was hit by suprise, he didnt have a chance to brace himself or anything. If a 500 pound cannonball of organic steel going 1/2 light speed hit any top tier, even Superman, theyd be knocked the **** out for a lot longer than Hyperion was. And finally, 3) Mimic did more damage to himself than he did to Hyperion, so that's a great showing of Hyperion's durability, considering Mimic crippled himself.

Hyperion always had those healing abilities dumbass. He got an Eternal physiology and a great healing factor. It's not like his physiology just got changed somehow. He always had that healing factor. And dude, he's basically Superman+, the sun helps Supermen. Anyone who knows Superman knows that. Hyperion's the same way. The solar energy just helped him heal quicker, but he wouldve healed eventually im sure.

Wait, are you trying to tell me Hyperion got powered up by snorting Holocaust, and thats why he picked Holocaust to be on the team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No. Snorting Holocaust was more light a small sundip. It's not a permanent powerup. And that's NOT the reason he picked him for the team. He picked Holocaust for the team to work against them, screw up Blink as a leader, "make things tougher for these pansies" in Hyperion's own words. So no, Hyperion didnt get a power up, and he didnt stalemate the 2 regular Hyperions. King Hyperion was kicking their ass so bad Blink had to pull that sand trick before he killed them. Hell they were practically on their knees when the fight was paused when Blink ported them to desert.

So wait, since Hyperion didnt heal from a ****ing gaping HOLE in his back in like a page before Gambit exploded him, he didnt have a healing factor before? He always had a healing factor. His physiology didnt change as i said before. Do you realize that it didnt take Hyperion 2 pages to heal back from that explosion from Gambit, it took him like 20+ issues. His regeneration is effective, but slow.

You cant argue with facts. It's a fact that all alternate universe versions are EXTREMELY close in power. There's just not quite up to par with 616, but theyre close. It's been specifically shown in the FF Abraxas arc with Galactus and another character that i cant remember. And do you honestly think the Exiles have hurt him more than anyone else? Are you on crack? You think he meant it like that? It's pretty obvious he just said that meaning that theyre his most persistent opponents, they refuse to give up, etc. Not that theyre actually the toughest. So yes, roughly each alternate universe is about 90% the original.

But just to embarass you some more...lets have fun with these last couple things...

-John Proudstar beat Hulk for many reasons. 1) Hulk was dying of a sickness of some sort. 2) Proudstar was amped up to high Class 100 levels by Apocalypse.
-Proudstar didnt beat Galactus. He punched a hole in him. Beta Ray Bill has done the same damn thing, made a huge crack in his armor. Hell, even the Invisible Woman has punched a huge hole through Galactus' chest. Proudstar at full power was stronger than both Bill and Sue, and he punched a hole and the energy spilling out killed him.
-There's nothing wrong with Mimic beating Namor really. Namor has had a hard time with guys like the Thing, and is very overrated. Mimic is at the very least Class 75, with great fighting skills, and almost unrivaled versatility. He could take Namor.
-I dont remember Mimic ever taking down Juggernaut, but if you provide scans i'd like to see. And just a guess, but it was probably depowered Juggy, whose no better than Namor. Depowered Juggy would get his ass kicked by Mimic, hell he had an extremely hard time lifting Colossus' max lifting weight.

As i said, you're an idiot. And are 100% wrong as usual. Ok almost all of this is crap and you provide no evidence for your basis.

But let's have quick run-through shall we

Yes I know he has an eternal physiology but at the same time we do know he was unable to heal from his own broken lower spine and unlike we he simply snapped his neck back into to place he was finished. He couldn't move or fight and if you look at his face it tells you all. Fact he didn't start healing from attacks like a snapped neck until he got to the Crystal Palace.

So while he may have had one before he didn't really start to get a significant Healing Factor until he got to the CP. Also Hyperion wasn't in there for 20+ issues. He had freed himself long before the Exiles ever got back to the CP. Hyperion was the reason the Timebroker went crazy remember.

I would also like to make note that in the story itself Hyperion notes that he healed real quick, in fact he healed to quick for the bugs to stop him from regenerating. I mean look at the scan I provided it shows him being fully healed in like two or three panels.

Secondly he was not blasting any pieces off of the Asteroid. Looking at the scan you can clearly see those pieces are coming from outside the asteroid and not from where they were blasting. Asteroids do tend to carry extra debris around them when they move.

Also about Huperion lying to the exiles about them hurting them more than any other person. You may have had a point if he did also say that they had hurt him in ways he never thought he could be hurt.

Nothing else is worth quoting in your post anymore just the same old he beat 90% heroes without any proof.

Photon009
We know.

Really mature.

He wasnt unable to heal from it, and he always had the same healing factor. It just wouldve taken him longer than the time he was given before Gambit blew him up. And it wasnt a broken spine, it looked more like a damn hole in his back. A gaping hole in your back is quite a bit worse than a broken neck, and the broken neck took him like 3 or 4 panels to heal itself too. He got like a page or so after he put a hole in his own back to heal it before Gambit blew him up. It just wasnt enough time. And he couldve moved because he put a hole through himself, cutting him off from controlling his legs basically. Now unless you can show it specifically stated that his physiology was changed, you're wrong. And i just checked, and it took him about 12 or so issues to come back. So i'd say it took a large portion of that time for him to heal.

Um, it shows him being healed in two or 3 panels, yes, but use some common sense dude. Those panels are stretching through A LOT of time. A panel isnt always the same amount of time. Those panels are stretching through a long time. And the bugs didnt know what to do with him because, basically, theyre bugs, they knew he was gonna heal they just couldnt do anything about it cause they didnt know anything about his physiology. Hell, Hyperion's physiology even confused Hyperion.

Asteroid M is not a typical asteroid dumbass. First of all, it's so large it is inhabitable, which means it must have it's own gravity similar to a planet, you know how big something has to be to have that? HUGE. And Secondly, Asteroid M was very similar to a planet in that it wasnt with a group of asteroids like typical ones. It was just a huge asteroid all alone. Here's a scan showing you:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd165/KingHyperion/Fight/fight%203/7.jpg
See that? That's one big ****ing asteroid all by itself. So yes, Hyperion WAS blasting those pieces off it.

And ive already explained that Hyperion couldve stopped it, it just didnt make a difference anymore because Hyperion isnt the smartest one, he bumrushed the asteroid, blasting it with heat vision when he shouldve just pushed it away, and the heat vision tore pieces off that were able to get past him and were going to destroy the Earth anyways, and as soon as Hyperion looked back and saw that, he said there's no point anymore and flew away.

I do have a point considering weve seen people hurt Hyperion more than the Exiles did to that point when he said that, which was before Mimic's cannonball trick i believe. Even if it wasnt, weve seen Hyperion hurt more from punches from the Hulk and Sasquatch and Holocaust than the Exiles did, considering the Exiles never even really fazed him in the least. The only time they hurt him at all was with Mimic's cannonball trick. So it's pretty obvious he meant that the Exiles are just the most persistent, why do you think he said he might get soft with no Exiles to keep him on his toes? That has little to do with power, much more to do with persistence.

Already provided proof if you would learn how to read. The whole 616/alternate universes thing was explained in the Abraxas arc, where it was heavily shown in Galactus' case that 616 is the main, REAL one, but the alternate universe versions are still very, VERY close in power. Go read the story and shut up.

carver9
photon, I dont know why youre arguing with newjack, he is so dam* stubborn.

Not only did k hyperion state that he destroyed all of his universes beings, the narrorator said the same thing. Unless newjack is saying that the narrator is always wrong then that should be taken under consideration.

2nd, If mimic flew at superman, wonderwoman, etc... at the speed that he was going and caught them by suprise, it probably would take there heads off. You dont have any showings that would prove otherwise that superman or thor could take a hit by suprise from someone going that fast with the kind of strength that mimic has.

3rd, show me a showing that has a high 100 tonner character like namorita, who lifted something that had the weight of a mountain trying to break thor or superman neck. I bet you if she tried the same trick on the two that they would have died.

4th, show me superman or thor taking an attack like hyperion did, 1/2 ton of sand in their bodies. I dont think that they would survive it. They would die. Lets put it like this, doctor poloris f***** superman insides up but magneto didnt have any kind of affect on hyperion. ANY magneto>>>>>doctor poloris. Superman himself admitted that the jla couldnt confront doctor poloris head on because doctor poloris can affect the iron in there bloods. Now if youre saying that superman was lying, show me a scan that says that he can take any attack from doctor poloris and that he dont have iron in his blood. So whatever attack hyperion can take doesnt mean that superman or any other top tier can.

3rd, vision is and proven to be a top tier in the exiles books. Everyone he faced got destroyed and hyperion one shotted him. Hulk was a top tier, no matter what hulk it is and he got one shotted. Mimic is a top tier and got one shotted. Namorita is a top tier and was consider one of the strongest beings on the planet next to hulk and thor and she got one shot. Thor got one shotted and even though it was a alt reality thor he is still considered top tier.

King hyperion struggled against noone. Every attack that took him down was a suprise attack. Noone stood up against him by himself. King hyperion was the worst being that the exiles has and ever will fight. He almost killed off the entire team and could have done so if he wasnt teleported away. A bunch of teams full of top tiers couldnt stand in his way. His entire universe couldnt stand in his way. He was a being that accepted death but there was noone to give it to him UNTIL he found another universe to take over.

King hyperion>> full confidence gladiator>superman.

King hyperion might could take on gladiator and superman at the same time. The only problem is is that superman is just smart as hell but I dont see any of there attacks working on him.

By the way all of you all got his power wrong, he dont shoot out heat vision, king hyperion shoot out cosmic blast. Hes a cosmic level being.

Regular hyperion defeated thor and then proceeded on defeating the entire avengers and beat them until the good hyperion showed up.
The entire team of avengers>>>>>>superman or thor.

Imagine what king hyperion would have done to the avengers, INCLUDING thor, annialated them.

MattDay
looks like a stupidly dressed blonde superman that always fails lol

llagrok
I like Photon's definition of "one-shotting"

If King Hyperion has been fighting someone for hours and then delievers the final blow, he has one-shotted them. It truly is amazing. Almost as amazing as him actually thinking that off-panel feats count for shit.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by carver9

Not only did k hyperion state that he destroyed all of his universes beings, the narrorator said the same thing. Unless newjack is saying that the narrator is always wrong then that should be taken under consideration.

2nd, If mimic flew at superman, wonderwoman, etc... at the speed that he was going and caught them by suprise, it probably would take there heads off. You dont have any showings that would prove otherwise that superman or thor could take a hit by suprise from someone going that fast with the kind of strength that mimic has.

3rd, show me a showing that has a high 100 tonner character like namorita, who lifted something that had the weight of a mountain trying to break thor or superman neck. I bet you if she tried the same trick on the two that they would have died.

4th, show me superman or thor taking an attack like hyperion did, 1/2 ton of sand in their bodies. I dont think that they would survive it. They would die. Lets put it like this, doctor poloris f***** superman insides up but magneto didnt have any kind of affect on hyperion. ANY magneto>>>>>doctor poloris. Superman himself admitted that the jla couldnt confront doctor poloris head on because doctor poloris can affect the iron in there bloods. Now if youre saying that superman was lying, show me a scan that says that he can take any attack from doctor poloris and that he dont have iron in his blood. So whatever attack hyperion can take doesnt mean that superman or any other top tier can.

3rd, vision is and proven to be a top tier in the exiles books. Everyone he faced got destroyed and hyperion one shotted him. Hulk was a top tier, no matter what hulk it is and he got one shotted. Mimic is a top tier and got one shotted. Namorita is a top tier and was consider one of the strongest beings on the planet next to hulk and thor and she got one shot. Thor got one shotted and even though it was a alt reality thor he is still considered top tier.

King hyperion struggled against noone. Every attack that took him down was a suprise attack. Noone stood up against him by himself. King hyperion was the worst being that the exiles has and ever will fight. He almost killed off the entire team and could have done so if he wasnt teleported away. A bunch of teams full of top tiers couldnt stand in his way. His entire universe couldnt stand in his way. He was a being that accepted death but there was noone to give it to him UNTIL he found another universe to take over.

King hyperion might could take on gladiator and superman at the same time. The only problem is is that superman is just smart as hell but I dont see any of there attacks working on him.

By the way all of you all got his power wrong, he dont shoot out heat vision, king hyperion shoot out cosmic blast. Hes a cosmic level being.

Regular hyperion defeated thor and then proceeded on defeating the entire avengers and beat them until the good hyperion showed up.

Imagine what king hyperion would have done to the avengers, INCLUDING thor, annialated them.
Back at failing hardcore I see.

Sirius77
Well for one he killed every living being in his universe, including every superhero and villain on Earth, and Galactus as well.

On panel? No.

Sirius77
King Hyperion couldve stopped the asteroid. Ive explained this many times but no ones believes me. You're all idiots if you honestly think someone who can kill guys like the Hulk and Thor and take on 2 Hyperions and win cant stop an asteroid. I mean, one regular Hyperion has put out enough strength to crush a ****ign planet you idiots. Wake up and go read the story again. He didnt stop it because there was no point because the little pieces that were falling off were going to destroy the planet anyways. King Hyperion wins. And yes, in the Abraxas story, it showed that 616 is the main universe, and that the rest of the universes characters are not quite as powerful as the 616 ones, but still close as hell. 90% is about right. (They showed that with Galactus and someone else, i forget exactly who). Seriously though, the next person that claims he couldnt stop it, post scans of him "not stopping it" so i can show you the real truth.

90%? Ultimate Galactus is a cloud. Ultimate Sinister has no powers. Hell, the hulk that hyperion "beat" couldn't get past peters web...

Sirius77

So snorting holocaust who was pure solar energy wasn't a power boost?

Sirius77
King Hyperion is so overrated...

Sirius77

If King Hyperion has been fighting someone for hours and then delievers the final blow, he has one-shotted them. It truly is amazing. Almost as amazing as him actually thinking that off-panel feats count for shit.

Don't bother debating with him... he tried to say that King hyperion would take superman in three punches. Literally.

I posted a half page of scans that proved him wrong and he called me an idiot. Hes unreasonable.

Photon009
Originally posted by Sirius77
On panel? No.

It was shown that his world was a wasteland because it had no one in it cause he killed everyone there. So yes that was proven on panel, the only thing that wasnt proven on panel was killing Galactus, since he's not based on Earth.

Unless you can find it being specifically stated or referenced to, then no it wasnt a power boost because he wasnt shown any more powerful than he was before. I could agree it being a SLIGHT power boost, but nothign major.

You're a liar. A f*cking lying piece of sh*t. I dont remember you EVER posting a page or so of scans that would prove me wrong, because you're too idiotic to prove me wrong, im about 10x as knowledgeable as you. And you're also lying about another thing. I never said King Hyperion would beat Superman in a couple punches. I said Paradise X Hyperion would. And considering Paradise X Hyperion was basically shown to be above even Pre-Crisis Kryptonians, yes, he would take Superman out quickly.

Originally posted by Sirius77
90%? Ultimate Galactus is a cloud. Ultimate Sinister has no powers. Hell, the hulk that hyperion "beat" couldn't get past peters web...

Um, he was actually throwing peter around by his web. And that was a stronger Spider-Man, mutated and everything. And the Ultimate universe doesnt apply to the 90% rule, it's not so much an alternate universe, it's closer to being a whole nother line/company of comics rather than being an alternate universe. Dipshit.

Sirius77
It was shown that his world was a wasteland because it had no one in it cause he killed everyone there. So yes that was proven on panel, the only thing that wasnt proven on panel was killing Galactus, since he's not based on Earth.

So, just because his world was a wasteland it automatically means that he killed everything on his own? I recall him saying that they tried to wipe him out and that was the result.

Also, in pretty much every continuity, the 616 heroes don't even exist on hyperions earth, any version. So, all that we know is that he claimed to kill the heroes of his earth, and galactus. All of this coming from a crazy person. Reliable. Very reliable.

Unless you can find it being specifically stated or referenced to, then no it wasnt a power boost because he wasnt shown any more powerful than he was before. I could agree it being a SLIGHT power boost, but nothign major.

Here it says that he absorbs daylight for power:

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles0632005puardcp13mb2.jpg

He absorbs pure sunlight (holocaust) and alot of it:

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles0622005puardcp21eq0.jpg

So, yes, it was a powerup. Much like a sundip.

You're a liar. A f*cking lying piece of sh*t. I dont remember you EVER posting a page or so of scans that would prove me wrong, because you're too idiotic to prove me wrong, im about 10x as knowledgeable as you. And you're also lying about another thing. I never said King Hyperion would beat Superman in a couple punches. I said Paradise X Hyperion would. And considering Paradise X Hyperion was basically shown to be above even Pre-Crisis Kryptonians, yes, he would take Superman out quickly.

Yet another paragraph of childish insults... reported roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, the mere fact that you just said that paradise x hyperion was
above a pre-crisis kryptonian shows that you are nowhere near "10 x as knowledgable than me".

Did paradise x hyperion do what I have on my sig? pull several solar systems worth of planets with ease as a child?

Did he sneeze away a solar system?

No. He didn't. He got killed by an antimatter barrier.

Um, he was actually throwing peter around by his web. And that was a stronger Spider-Man, mutated and everything.

A stronger spiderman... wow. What, was he like a class 25?

So your making it a big deal that hype beat this hulk, but that hulk happens to have troube with spiderman... oh I'm sorry, "mutated spiderman"...

And the Ultimate universe doesnt apply to the 90% rule, it's not so much an alternate universe, it's closer to being a whole nother line/company of comics rather than being an alternate universe. Dipshit.

Oh, okay, so the ultimate universe doesn't apply to your made up rule? Fair enough.

However, saying that the ultimate universe is owned by another company... thats bullshit. It's marvel made and marvel owned. Stop making things up.

Bransolute

If King Hyperion has been fighting someone for hours and then delievers the final blow, he has one-shotted them. It truly is amazing. Almost as amazing as him actually thinking that off-panel feats count for shit. Yup.

He has the best logic.

pr1983
Photon, calm the hell down, there's no need for that kind of language...

jmcnasty
King hyperion wins this but it wont be easy.

Photon009
The humans tried to wipe him out, after he had already killed all the super powered beings. Nuking the planet was the Humans' last resort cause they had nothing left to try.

Considering he mentioned names such as Thor, Hercules, and Galactus, yes there are the same heroes on Hyperion's earth. And King Hyperion wasnt from the same 712 Earth like classic Hyperion. And considering we saw King Hyperion literally rip apart the Fantastic Four and destroy the Avengers, including Thor, then yes it is reliable. Plus like i said, when they sent him back to his earth, it was empty.

You still havent proven anything. Try again, next time try not to let your attempt be so pathetic. At best it was a slight, temporary powerup like a sunbathe, but not once was he referred to as having a powerup or any sort. Your word means nothing.

No, Hyperion was said by an expert on him that he could kill a dozen or so Watchers. He also owned Kulan Gath and his army, the same army that Thanos yielded to. You think Pre-Crisis Superman could beat a dozen Watchers? And that was Paradise X Hyperion's AVERAGE. Tugging planets and sneezing solar systems were Pre-Crisis Superman's highest end feats. Not his average. If it was his average, the force from him punching someone would destroy the universe considering a sneeeze destroyed a solar system, and a punch >>>>>>>>>> a sneeze. Idiot.

You obviously only read half of what i said. I said it was a stronger version of Spider-Man, and that this Hulk did NOT have a problem with him, Hulk was actually throwing him around. And it is a big deal how easily Hyperion beat this Hulk.

Once again, read my post more clearly, or stop debating. First of all, it's not a made up rule. As ive stated multiple times, it was alluded to in the Abraxas arc of the FF book that all alternate universe versions are not quite as powerful as the 616 versions, but are extremely close. So i didnt make it up. Maybe you should just go read the book and shut up. And i never said the Ultimate universe is another company. I said it's LIKE another company, because it has absolutely no connection to the 616 universe, where as standard alternate realities are always somehow connected to 616. Jeez you're pathetic.

TethAdamTheRock
King Hyperion Wins If normal Hyperion Was able to match gladiator in every single way.

King Hyperion took on 2 Hyperions

He could Basically enter that old Hyperion Vs Gladiator fight and beat the shit out of both of them at the same time.

ghostman
lmao gladiator lifting a universe

TethAdamTheRock
and got matched by hyperion, who lifted 2 Universes...

edit. didn't read your comment right

Genii96
KH got beat by blue marvel,how strong were the super beings in his universe?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by carver9

Imagine what king hyperion would have done to the avengers, INCLUDING thor, annialated them. Even the best fishermen fail to deliver sometimes, lol.

Stoic
Originally posted by Genii96
KH got beat by blue marvel,how strong were the super beings in his universe?

That just shows how strong Adam is. shifty

AbelAnderson
Gladiator

krisblaze
Who was Photon a sock of?

JBL
Originally posted by manjaro
this is kinda tricky cuz hyperion is an eternal..and the same way makkari focused all his cosmic powers into running, so much so that he doesnt manipuluate energy like the rest of his compatriots anymore, so i guess you could assume the same for hyperion that he focused all his inherent cosmic powers into speed, strentgh and invulnerbalirty..

.but a big misconception about gladiator is that he is massivley depowered when he doubts himself. the thing is all that does is temporarily leave him open for an attack, but his bone and muscle tissue dont "un-densify" to make him feel something and his powers dont disappear, it just leaves him open thats all.. that being said a full cinfidence glads should prove difficult for king hyperion to beat, but the simple fact that he's killed scores of super heroes all at once time and time again KH is no pushover either so im gonna say reasonable showings by both until they finally say screw it and stop..i say its a tie, i dont see any way one could kill the other T That's not true. Gladiators abilities do increase or decrease according to his level of confidence.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
ill go /w/ Glads as well, at full-confidence he should be nearly unbeatable

look at this newb.

TethAdamTheRock

eaebiakuya
Gladiator wins.

Horrificus
KH. On top of all if the feat matching, KH has shown himself to b very intelligent/cunning, manipulative and a high-level strategist.

Plus, I think he banged Moonstone.

thanos-prime
Gladiator wins.

leonidas
hyperion beats him. glads barely beat normal, nice-guy hyperion. this hype fought 2 hyperions and was winning AND he fights dirty. he'd erode glads confidence quickly then end it most of the time.

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-
Photon, calm the hell down, there's no need for that kind of language... ...When Pr still gave a shit, lol. thumb up

leonidas
he was so much cooler back then.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
he was so much cooler back then. thumb up

This forum trampled his e-soul.

herbcry

leonidas
given some of the posts i've read in the last week or so, i can feel the elephants going to work on my own. sad

abhilegend
Both flail around and get koed falling on their faces.

Philosophía
Wasn't it King Hyperion who was struggling against depowered Juggernaut heavily?

Yeah, that guy doesn't win.

TheHulkster
Gladiator. I don't think King Hype can beat Avenger's Hype.

leonidas
was that ever proven to be the real king hyperion? that one that fought juggs had a totally different costume. and....hair? confused

-K-M-
was that ever proven to be the real king hyperion? that one that fought juggs had a totally different costume. and....hair? confused

Was confirmed to be same one. Also the same as KH that blue marvel fought and defeated

leonidas
any idea where? seems kh lost a lot of his initial mojo if that is true. not that i give much of a sh!t either way. /shrug

Philosophía
any idea where? seems kh lost a lot of his initial mojo if that is true. not that i give much of a sh!t either way. /shrug Age of Heroes #3 (Blue Marvel fight)
Thunderbolts #153 (Juggernaut fight - though you can read the whole arc 151-153)

leonidas
cool. was it in one of those arcs that it was confirmed that was the exiles version of kh?

abhilegend
Yes. Still the best answer. Originally posted by abhilegend
Both flail around and get koed falling on their faces.

-K-M-
any idea where? seems kh lost a lot of his initial mojo if that is true. not that i give much of a sh!t either way. /shrug

Cage confirmed was same Hyperion that fought blue in thunderbolts. Age of heroes confirmed same king Hyperion and I believe handbooks confirmed he was the original king Hyperion that was trapped in the dead universe. Perhaps also did in thunderbolts been a few years

On that note. Even during exiles a seriously weakened and injuried Sasquatch (slashed in the back by magik when she was in human form) was still strong enough to rock him and put him on his knees for a few panels to regain his focus shifty

TheHulkster
The two look pretty close to the same.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/2178281-1675492_jk010.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd165/KingHyperion/Fight/fight%202/5.jpg

-K-M-
I miss classic Exiles sad when they killed mimic it went to shit. Claremont didn't help

Philosophía
Originally posted by -K-M-
Cage confirmed was same Hyperion that fought blue in thunderbolts. Age of heroes confirmed same king Hyperion and I believe handbooks confirmed he was the original king Hyperion that was trapped in the dead universe. Perhaps also did in thunderbolts been a few years

On that note. Even during exiles a seriously weakened and injuried Sasquatch (slashed in the back by magik when she was in human form) was still strong enough to rock him and put him on his knees for a few panels to regain his focus shifty He calls himself King Hyperion at the end of T#152, too.

Horrificus
But he BANGED Moonstone! He did it 5 mibutes after meeting her, because he has so much confidence.

Gladiator NEVER bangs anybody, because he never has ANY confidence.

Thus, KH will ALWAYS have the edge.

Has "banging" ever been used in this forum, to establish a win?
Because, ahem, there ya go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.