Amazing movies movies you still havn't seen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
There are quite a few films that people rave about and love and make it sound like if your missing out on it your an idiot.

Any examples?

I still havn't seen:

The godfather trilogy
Fight club

coolmovies
I dont like the godfather trilogy but its a must for evry movie collection

AstroFan
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
There are quite a few films that people rave about and love and make it sound like if your missing out on it your an idiot.

Any examples?

I still havn't seen:

The godfather trilogy
Fight club

Those are both on my list.

WrathfulDwarf
The Wizard of Oz.

DanZeke25
Godfather
Fight Club
Scarface

Mr Parker
Yep,I still havent seen the godfather trilogy either.thats on my list as well.Others I want to see for sure are scarface,vertigo,shawshank redemption,dr zhivago and a few other alec guiness movies.Im sure theres more but thats all i can think of for now.Just saw the elephant man last weekend.I had been wanting to see that one for years and years also.finally did it. big grin

Spartan005
Never seen Godfather, Scarface... any Halloween/Friday 13th movie (not really amazing, but they're extremely popular)

Mr Parker
dude you need to get started on the halloween movies starting tonight with the first one. big grin

Strangelove
Shawshank Redemption
Boondock Saints

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Strangelove
Shawshank Redemption

Wow, are you serious? eek!

Just tune in any time this next week on TNT, it should be on sometime

Strangelove
and Silence of the Lambs, but I rented that today

Wolfie
It's hard to answer this question. If they are amazing movies, we wouldn't know because we haven't seen them. I think a better question would be, popular or highly esteemed movies we still haven't seen.

The Hannibal sequels
The Godfather sequels
Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
Braveheart
Quite a few of Kubrick's

I'm sure there are others.

forumcrew
taxi driver

bakerboy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yep,I still havent seen the godfather trilogy either.thats on my list as well.Others I want to see for sure are scarface,vertigo,shawshank redemption,dr zhivago and a few other alec guiness movies.Im sure theres more but thats all i can think of for now.Just saw the elephant man last weekend.I had been wanting to see that one for years and years also.finally did it. big grin

Mr parker, i recomend to you specially doctor zhivago, vertigo and scarface ( the two versions). Did you see the elephant man? I would like to see your review of the movie here or in the elephant man thread.

Poo Face
Originally posted by Wolfie
It's hard to answer this question. If they are amazing movies, we wouldn't know because we haven't seen them. I think a better question would be, popular or highly esteemed movies we still haven't seen.

The Hannibal sequels
The Godfather sequels
Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
Braveheart
Quite a few of Kubrick's

If you were to rent and see 'Red Dragon', 'Shawshank', and 'Braveheart', you'd have one helluva movie night! yes

bakerboy
And mr parker, i also recomend you some more Alec Guinness movies: bridge on the river Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia, two masterpieces .

bakerboy
And by the way, silence of the lambs was a great movie, red dragon a good film but hannibal is too far to be a amazing movie.

And about the question of the post, i have seen so many movies that i cant think in one that i havent seen.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Wolfie

The Hannibal sequels
The Godfather sequels
Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
Braveheart
Quite a few of Kubrick's

Yeah, I haven't seen any of those either.... but most of them really aren't my type of movies besides Braveheart, which I've been dying to see but didn't get the chance yet

SnakeEyes
Scarface
The Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Halloween
Taxi Driver
Silence of the Lambs
Superman 2
Superman 3
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Solo
I try my hardest not to watch films with expectations. But there's quite a few films I'd love to see when I get some time:

Stalker
The Finger Man
Bob Le Flambeur
The Maltese Falcon
Marked Woman

Spartan005
Oh yeah, is that movie History of the World Part II supposed to be really good? I've heard a lot about it but never watched it.... yet.

masterkit
Fight Club Was Stupid no expression

~Da Rev~
The Godfather
Shindlers List
Scarface

Originally posted by masterkit
Fight Club Was Stupid no expression

You're not a real man.

DeVi| D0do

~Da Rev~

DeVi| D0do
Hey, I'm a busy man...

Mr Parker

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy
Mr parker, i recomend to you specially doctor zhivago, vertigo and scarface ( the two versions). Did you see the elephant man? I would like to see your review of the movie here or in the elephant man thread.

yeah I just said i recently saw it.I really liked it,it was very interesting.it did a great job of showing how cruel people can be and compassionate as well.I had the feeling that the reason he decided to lie down at the end when he knew that would kill him was because now that he got to experice what the world was like finally,he no longer had no more of a reason to live on is what I gathered.what do you think?the acting was great by both John Hurt and anthony hopkins and that was a nice touch they added to the film by showing it in black in white I thought.Its definetely a movie I am glad I finally saw.out of a possible 4 stars I give it 4.

ladygrim
Reservoir Dogs
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Apocalypse Now
hmmm i suppose i would like to watch fight club but BRad pitt is a triffle annoying .. and puts me off watching it

bakerboy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah I just said i recently saw it.I really liked it,it was very interesting.it did a great job of showing how cruel people can be and compassionate as well.I had the feeling that the reason he decided to lie down at the end when he knew that would kill him was because now that he got to experice what the world was like finally,he no longer had no more of a reason to live on is what I gathered.what do you think?the acting was great by both John Hurt and anthony hopkins and that was a nice touch they added to the film by showing it in black in white I thought.Its definetely a movie I am glad I finally saw.out of a possible 4 stars I give it 4.

I agree with you. I find the end of the movie very beautiful and touching. Yeah, i think that he decided to lie down because he knew that the illness was killig him and that night, he fells that he was a man, a human being, and after that, he no longer had a reason to live.
The movie was so perfect in all the levels: script, direction, acting, etc. John hurt was amazing( how difficult is to act with that massive make up and show that humanity and fellings that he showed in the movie), Anthony Hopkins the same( the scene with him crying when he meets the elephant man at first was very touching) and the supporting actors, from anne bancroft to john gielgud or wendy hiller. Some scenes hard to see( elephant man humillation scene, belgican circus scene, train station scene) and some very touching( Merrick and mis kendall meeting, merrick at trevers house, etc). A definitive masterpiece, four stars from four stars. By the way, it was based in a real story,althought his name was Joseph, not john.

Ultraman Baltan
Godfather 2
Aliens(well, not all of it, anyways)
The Illusionist
Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssy(sp?)
Rambo/First Blood Series
Rocky 2
Tiga, Dyna and Gaia: Battle In Hyperspace
The Birdcage

Strangelove
Originally posted by ladygrim
Reservoir Dogs
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Apocalypse Now
hmmm i suppose i would like to watch fight club but BRad pitt is a triffle annoying .. and puts me off watching it You have Pulp Fiction in your sig and you still haven't seen Reservoir Dogs?!?!?! Go rent it now! NOW, I say!

Strangelove
Shawshank Redemption
Boondock Saints Boondock Saints
The Shawshank Redemption
Gosford Park
Murder on the Orient Express
Citizen Kane
The Deer Hunter
Snatch
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

Mr Parker
oh yeah I havent seen murder on the orient express either.again some on that list I havent heard of is why I dont mention them.

Solo
Boondock Saints
Snatch
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Consider yourself lucky.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Solo
Consider yourself lucky. blink I've been told I have to see them.

Solo
Well, those who mentioned you needed to see them are ignorant. By the way, seeing as your a Campbell fan, I talked to him not too long ago. He's a blast.

Strangelove
Well, those who mentioned you needed to see them are ignorant. By the way, seeing as your a Campbell fan, I talked to him not too long ago. He's a blast. You bastard.....I am insanely jealous

Myth
United 93 (may see it in the next couple of days)
Several Hichcock films (although I own pretty much all of them, slowly getting through them)
Magnificent Seven (although my parents own it, so I have easy access)
Chinatown (roommate owns it luckily)
Platoon
Apocolypse Now (not a big war movie fan, but in good time)
The Rambo sequels

And Strangelove, don't listen to Solo about those three movies. He is entitled to believe that those movies are no good, but he is an exception for not liking them.

Solo
Originally posted by Myth
don't listen to Solo about those three movies. He is entitled to believe that those movies are no good
It was nothing but my opinion, of course.

he is an exception for not liking them.
I think if you'd venture outside these forums, you'd be surprised by the amount of people that would agree with me.

See it if you may, I was just stating the opinion of yours truly.

The Core
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
On my to do list:
Alien trilogy

There are 4 "Alien" movies, BTW.

Fight Club, Scarface, and Taxi Driver are far from "amazing" in both my opinion, and in that of many others. They're notoriously overrated by the public, and their appeal is mainly based on iconic characters, rather than the movie itself.

...and "United 93" can kiss my black ass. You don't taint the memories of the dead with stories of false heroism just to sell tickets and make it a Pro-USA movie.

Personally, I think I've seen all the "amazing" movies I've ever heard about, or care to see. I've been disappointed more times than not.

Solo
Originally posted by The Core
Fight Club, Scarface, and Taxi Driver are far from "amazing" in both my opinion, and in that of many others. They're notoriously overrated by the public, and their appeal is mainly based on iconic characters, rather than the movie itself.
I couldn't agree with you more. thumb up

Although, I thought "United 93" was fine. Nothing close to spectacular, though. My main problem was that it felt too much like it should have been straight to video.

Strangelove

I think if you'd venture outside these forums, you'd be surprised by the amount of people that would agree with me.

See it if you may, I was just stating the opinion of yours truly. I'm of the opinion that *almost* every movie is worth seeing at least once. Lots movies are worth seeing twice. Several movies are worth seeing 3 times, but only the great movies deserve to be seen more than that.

Myth

Of course. Thats why I said you are entitled to your opinion. I was just encouraging him to see it and make his own judgments. I also based my "he is an exception for not liking them" on the forum AND people I've talked to outside of it. Maybe we communicate with different democraphics.

DeVi| D0do
There are 4 "Alien" movies, BTW. Oh yeah.. my bad. Five if you count AVP... which you wouldn't...

Personally, I think I've seen all the "amazing" movies I've ever heard about, or care to see. I've been disappointed more times than not. Hence the reason my list is so long... it just seems like such a risk watching a film deemed to be 'amazing' or a 'classic' as opposed to re-watching something that I know is great.

The Core
Maybe we communicate with different democraphics.

What would Freud say...

Myth
Doesn't matter, Freud was not very accurate in most of his judgments. He just awakened an interest in Psychology that led to the development of the subject. wink

Wolfie
hmmm i suppose i would like to watch fight club but BRad pitt is a triffle annoying .. and puts me off watching it
I was the same way before I saw Fight Club.

Wolfie

That's the deal with every movie. There is no movie that EVERYONE likes.

However, since Lock Stock and Snatch are both on the IMDb Top 250, and have been for a long while, I'd say the majority of people like them.

BackFire
I've never seen any Woody Allen film, Uh....hmmmmm....I've seen most of the real respected movies...oh, I haven't seen Seven Samurai. It's been on my list for years but I can never talk myself into sitting there for over 3 hours for the movie, oy. Have not seen Harold and Maude. And I also haven't seen Lock, Stock... or Trainspotting.

Wolfie
I don't see the big deal about Harold and Maude. I thought it was uninteresting and lame.

vintageSW77
I guess they arent up there as classics but ive never seen

SAW or SAW 2
Top Gun
Dirty Dancing
Alien 4
LOTR 3

I guess this is about Citizen Kane,The Third Man,Seven Samurai etc ,ive never seen those either but Film Four is free now so i guess they will all turn up.

ariwin
Embarassed to say it, but I have never seen Braveheart. And every time someone mentions it, they get all excited, but I just don't seem to get into it.

Mr Parker
IMO your not missing much by not seeing that movie.

mdp990
memento smile

sithsaber408

crickey77
Spiderman

bakerboy
Man spider is an amazing movie?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by crickey77
Spiderman

its not an amazing movie,its best to avoid that crapfest movie.

=Tired Hiker=
Spider-Man sucked. Raimi fails. And yes, I agree it should be called Man-Spider.

dvcorleone
if anyone hasn't seen godfather 1 and 2 yet, then i would say they are a must! i only watched them for the first time a couple of years ago, and they blew me away, .....real movies

that put me onto brando, On the waterfront is fantastic

ladygrim
Reservoir Dogs
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Apocalypse Now

well i can take reservoir dogs of my list big grin

Ultraman Baltan
Hellraiser

Strangelove
well i can take reservoir dogs of my list big grin thank god!

Impediment
Seven Samurai
The Bridge over the River Kwai
The French Connection
The Ten Commandments, not because of my atheism, but because I already know the story, and it's boring.

Dusty
Originally posted by Impediment
Seven Samurai

That's a must my friend.

But I have no place to talk.

Casablanca (1942)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
Chinatown (1974)
M (1931)
Citizen Kane (1941)

Feel free to lash me.

Impediment
Originally posted by Dusty
Casablanca (1942)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
Citizen Kane (1941)

Citizen Kane is a good movie, but it's kinda overrated, if you ask me. Casablanca is a must see. 'Nuff said. I saw Lawrence of Arabia when I was about 16, but I don't remember enough about it to make a fair critique. I need to wstch it again.

Citizen D
Nightmare Before Christmas
Scarface (although I do own it)
Shawshank Redemption (never caught the ending)
Silence of the Lambs (don't quite remember it)
Boondock Saints

FistOfThe North
Clerks 2

Cars

I heard they were both really good. I liked the first "Clerks" alot and anything from Pixar I love.

Strangelove
Citizen Kane
Seven Samurai
The French Connection

(adding to my list)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.