Logan vs. Any Brawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
More than a versus thread (but that, too) I wanted to make this thread to discuss how/why Logan wins so god damned much.

Let me preface this by saying that I am ANYTHING but a Fanboy or a "Wolvie Hater." Ask around the forum, I've debated against Wolverine and for him, time and time again. I would like to consider myself impartial and unbiased (though I acknowledge the fact that NO ONE can claim true objectivity.)

Now, allow me to explain my position. Logan has six pointy things on the ends of his arms. These claws are as sharp as razors, and wholly indestructible (save for EXTREME cases - abstracts, Skyfathers, etc.). Now, being stabbed by any one of these six claws (assuming they hit a vital area) is nearly a death warrant for most characters. Logan is also very skilled (even if I don't personally believe he shows much skill in his fights, he knows where to strike. It's perscribed to him, and has been as much of a power for him as his 'healing factor').

Thus? Logan can hit these vital areas. And, even if he CAN'T pinpoint them, the human body has enough of them that a slash should touch something.

Lets ignore any of Logan's other characteristics, and just look at his claws now, if I may:

What are the defenses against ANYONE just slashing randomly with a machete(not to mention six of them that can cut through steel)?

Well, the first (and foremost) would be distance. Anyone who can strike at a distance can end the guy. Anyone who doesn't NEED to strike at all (Elementals, or Telepaths) can take him.

The second defense against a machete-wielding maniac? Speed. Anyone who is just THAT much faster than the guy, who can't be hit by him? Yeah, he can take him.

Third? Durability. Colossus level durability or higher, it would seem. Can't be cut by the machete? What's the fear of it?

Lastly; a healing factor. If the Machete cut doesn't phase you, what's the problem?

Quasi-last? An immune physiology. I consider this only 'quasi,' because it somewhat falls under either Durability or a Healing factor. I only include it because some beings may simply not be harmed by bladed weapons.

Let us continue with these defenses in mind.

This means that, realistically, if a maniac with Logan's claws came up against ANYONE that lacked the above attributes, he could likely win at least a few times, yes? Assuming, of course, that this person has to get in to do damage and is neither inhumanly durable nor fast, nor does this person have a healing factor - no matter their other attributes. They could be stronger than superman, and it would simply be a one hit win, for either combatant.

This brings me to my next point: (for all of those who now think Im a wolverine fanboy) Logan's skill means dick. Really, it does. Considering that a loser off the streets could do just about as well against people as Logan does...what the hell does it matter? Except in the RARE instances where he is depowered.

There. Now that I've calmed the angry mob (throw down the pitchforks).

Let's look at Logan's defenses.

First, an incredibly rapid healing factor. Ignoring both the highest and lowest showings, Logan's healing factor is still amazing, if inconsistent. Should Logan be able to be knocked out by a few bullets? Well...how large, how fast, and how well placed are these bullets? smile. Should he be knocked out by a few randomly placed on his torso? Not likely. His healing factor CAN be overloaded, though, and this has happened a few times. In fact, Wolverine would EASILY be taken down through dismemberment if not for his second defense.

His lovely adamantium skeleton. It prevents every bone in his body from breaking when he gets bitchslapped by the Juggernaut/the Hulk/Sentry, and it also keeps away those naughty dismemberment ideas.

So, let's see...to put logan down (still assuming we don't have the distance advantage, or a power advantage like a telepath or an elemental), we have to do a MASSIVE amount of damage to him, while being unable to effect his bones. Hmm...what is the easiest way to do so? Constant evisceration and disembowlment is one idea, no bones in your guts, after all. It might take a couple times of Logan's intestines spilling out onto the ground to do so, though. We could always go with blunt force, but the no bone breaking rule kinda gets in the way of that. Theoretically, though, enough repeated force WOULD knock logan out. So, let's get someone really strong to do so. Only thing is, he's been beat on by the Hulk, and then he's been beat on by Daredevil. His healing factor. Inconsistency. *sighs*. Therein lies the main problem, I would imagine.

Let us move on, though, to my ACTUAL point.

I theorize that Wolverine(or ANYONE with some sharp knives, an unbreakable skeleton, and a healing factor) should be able to take down a brawler at LEAST 3/10, assuming that brawler isn't incredibly fast, incredibly durable, or in possession of a healing factor. Why? Because even if the guy can press ten trillion tons, a huge gaping hole where their chest used to be isn't gonna be too pretty - it would be up to whoever struck first, really.

This is in reference to all the wolverine fanboys, all the wolverine haters, and threads like "Wolverine vs. Hercules."

Let me finish with a little bit of an FAQ :

Does Wolverine get hyped up, quite often, because he is popular?
**** YES!

On the other side, though, does he get underated now and again, due to his ridiculous popularity, and perhaps in response to the above overhyping?
Yeah. It happens.

Can Wolverine heal from a skeleton?
No.

Can Wolverine be put down with a simple, everyday, barrage of bullets?
No.

Should 100-tonners be able to one-shot Logan?
Yes.

Do they?
No.

Because of his abilities or because of his popularity?
A little from column A, a little from column B.

FANBOY!
That wasn't a question, get over yourself.

HATER!
See above.

And lastly(and controversially as of recent):

Can Wolverine Dodge bullets?
No, but bullets can job to wolverine.

EDIT: Just wanted to apologize for the rough-around-the-edges nature of this, the hastily done feel. Forgive my occasional, probable, incoherence. Thanks for the read! And feel free to put up any brawlers against Logan (assuming they don't have any of the crucial defenses, wink ), and we'll get some fanboys and some haters in here debating for the next eighty pages or so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Edit.

Jesse7
Your also wrong on many points.

Wolverine as of right now is near completely immune to Telepaths, or if you want to see if as extreme resistance which renders it null against him for the most part.

Secondly he can easily regenerate from a skeleton in seconds, as he did recently when he fought Nitro. Nitro complettely incinerated him, and wolverine fully regenerated in a seconds.

Can wolverine dodge bullets? Yes easily.

Can he and should he be able to take direct and multiple hits from 100+ tonners and thunder claps from a raged hulk at point blank?
Yes as he has shown he can, and has been doing most of his comic career.

Im not going over the rest.

Validus
Originally posted by Jesse7
Your also wrong on many points.

Well thats the end of that.

King_Mungi
Secondly he can easily regenerate from a skeleton in seconds, as he did recently when he fought Nitro. Nitro complettely incinerated him, and wolverine fully regenerated in a seconds.

Apparently that incident is going to be explained in an upcoming Wolverine issue, he most likely took the same drug Nitro did.

V for Valentine
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Apparently that incident is going to be explained in an upcoming Wolverine issue, he most likely took the same drug Nitro did.

Marvel's flag-flyer (or one of them) Taking drugs? disgraceful... such a bad example. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jesse7
Originally posted by King_Mungi

He also fully regenerated in seconds when he was fully incinerated from a nuclear bomb being dropped on him.

Secondly Wolverine did not have the drug nitro took untill after he was incinerated by nitro.

complexbrother
Iron fist beat the snot outa Wolverine b4.

batdude123

It was five minutes and even Marvel is going to explain later exactly HOW Wolverine was able to do that.

batdude123
He also fully regenerated in seconds when he was fully incinerated from a nuclear bomb being dropped on him.

It was napalm.

And that contradicts EVERY single other showing of Wolverine's healing factor.

Jesse7
Originally posted by batdude123
It was napalm.

The entire next panel was a mushroom cloud, napalm does not produce a gray mushroom cloud, let alone a mushroom cloud.

Napal also does not completely level everything as far as the horizon.

Validus
A lot of bombs and explosions produce a mushroom cloud. Doesn't prove it was a nuke.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by batdude123
It was napalm.

Exactly.

What ever happened to "if you can destroy his internal organs or brain, he dies"? He has a healing factor, not regeneration. To me, this means he heals and an ACCELERATED rate, meaning his body goes through mitosis X number of times faster than a human. There are certain places on your body that never heal, and don't grow back, and one of them is your brain.

You don't need to break a skull to destroy a brain. You can from the eye sockets and the from inside the throat, or from the brain repeatedly getting smashed around inside the head. Also, a healing factor should have nothing to do with getting KO'd. Commonly, you're knocked out when the nerve in your jaw gets pinched while taking blows, and you blank out.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by V for Valentine
Marvel's flag-flyer (or one of them) Taking drugs? disgraceful... such a bad example. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whoops I meant Nuke

Jesse7
Except wolverine's healing factor has changd over the years, and he has shown multiple times he can full regenerate from being nothig but a skeleton in seconds.

That and he heals near instant now, as shown when he took thunder clap at point blank from a raged hulk as he was hit by it, he took no dammage at all.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Exactly.

What ever happened to "if you can destroy his internal organs or brain, he dies"? He has a healing factor, not regeneration. To me, this means he heals and an ACCELERATED rate, meaning his body goes through mitosis X number of times faster than a human. There are certain places on your body that never heal, and don't grow back, and one of them is your brain.

You don't need to break a skull to destroy a brain. You can from the eye sockets and the from inside the throat, or from the brain repeatedly getting smashed around inside the head. Also, a healing factor should have nothing to do with getting KO'd. Commonly, you're knocked out when the nerve in your jaw gets pinched while taking blows, and you blank out.

Excatly (x2).

Not only that, It beckons the question, how can you kill wolverine? We all know that Deadpools regen is superior to wolverines, not to mention he is Immortal. With that in mind, according to wolverines off-the-charts sketchy healing factor showings, what was the point of giving deadpool immortality?

That alone is enough merit to confirm wolverine regenerateing from a skeleton as pure absurdity in its highest form.

Deadpool regenerateing from goo=thumb up

Wolverine regenerateing from a Skeleton?=thumb down

and thats not a fan thing, thats a logic thing.

Grimm22
That was the line and marvel crossed it

V for Valentine
Not really, the MGH thing would be pretty cool I reckon confused Everyone just jumped to the conclusion they had uber-over powered him again but all should be explained hopefully smile

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Grimm22
That was the line and marvel crossed it

yep!

Grimm22
The explanation: He's just that good stick out tongue

The writer on the book is crap, I dont know if it was his idea to make Wolverine beat Namor or his editors or what.

Either way, John Bryne, this man is not

V for Valentine
Originally posted by Grimm22
The explanation: He's just that good stick out tongue

The writer on the book is crap, I dont know if it was his idea to make Wolverine beat Namor or his editors or what.

Either way, John Bryne, this man is not

Or you dont read and talk about it like you do.

Wolverine got KO'ed in his own book by namor, he didnt beat him. And if wolverine has been taking MGH (which made him survive that explosion) then the writing has been pretty good, seeing that was my only main gripe with it so far. Other than the art sucks.

The Fake Macoy
Anyone who claims that Wolverine can survive a nuke must have some strange idea of how much a pair of pants can withstand.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Anyone who claims that Wolverine can survive a nuke must have some strange idea of how much a pair of pants can withstand. Not that I believe Logan can survive a nuke but I see hulks pants survive alot.

MightyEInherjar
Hulk's pants have been ripped to his boxers before. It was sweet.

srankmissingnin
My opinion on Wolverine on the matter is if a character doesn't have true invulnerability, forcefields, a healing factor, a viable range solution, or flight (or massive speed advantage), then Wolverine wins the majority.

bigbran
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
My opinion on Wolverine on the matter is if a character doesn't have true invulnerability, forcefields, a healing factor, a viable range solution, or flight (or massive speed advantage), then Wolverine wins the majority. So you believe that Wolverine would beat Thanos in h2h, no forcefields, no blasts?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

Jesse7
Originally posted by bigbran
So you believe that Wolverine would beat Thanos in h2h, no forcefields, no blasts?

Well he has before...twice to be exact stick out tongue

darthgoober
Well he has before...twice to be exact stick out tongue
Actually, he stabbed him once, and cut him once. He NEVER beat him. You should really read the comics(or at least pay attention to the scans) before you make comments like that.

Jesse7
Originally posted by darthgoober
Actually, he stabbed him once, and cut him once. He NEVER beat him. You should really read the comics(or at least pay attention to the scans) before you make comments like that.

Actually I know what im talking about, the first time Wolverine bested and by bested I mean severely wounded Thanos in melee combat, was when he was still in his brown/yellow costume, he impaled Thanos through the chest with both hands.

The second time was with Lobo, Wolverine severely gutted Thanos, and by gutted I mean Thanos has a huge openening in his stomach/chest, to the point Thanos was on his knees holding his innards in.

bigbran
Well he has before...twice to be exact stick out tongue No, he jumped out og nowhere 2x and cut him. He affected him, none.
The first was during the IG, when he came out of nowhere, and put his claws in him.(which Darth put in the respect thread) The other was when he came out of nowhere, when Thanos was kicking the blasted shit out of Lobo, (which I think was no canon) then right after, he was beating Cap Marvel, WW.
They were both pis, and he never beat him.

Now if they stood head to head, Logan, would get his head smashed.
Any more opinions, that you need smashed?

srankmissingnin
So you believe that Wolverine would beat Thanos in h2h, no forcefields, no blasts?

... Thanos is pretty high up there on the invulnerable tree.

Jesse7
No, he jumped out og nowhere 2x and cut him. He affected him, none.
The first was during the IG, when he came out of nowhere, and put his claws in him.(which Darth put in the respect thread) The other was when he came out of nowhere, when Thanos was kicking the blasted shit out of Lobo, (which I think was no canon) then right after, he was beating Cap Marvel, WW.
They were both pis, and he never beat him.

Now if they stood head to head, Logan, would get his head smashed.
Any more opinions, that you need smashed?

You really are grumpy some times, I specifically put a tongue smiley for this purpose.

bigbran
Actually I know what im talking about, the first time Wolverine bested and by bested I mean severely wounded Thanos in melee combat, was when he was still in his brown/yellow costume, he impaled Thanos through the chest with both hands. Jumped out of nowhere, and put his claws in his chest. Jesus!! Read the damn comic!
Thanos also let every hero, hit him basically in the IG saga.
He didn't even have a mark on him after.
Then Thanos turned him into rubber.

The second time was with Lobo, Wolverine severely gutted Thanos, and by gutted I mean Thanos has a huge openening in his stomach/chest, to the point Thanos was on his knees holding his innards in. Non- canon, I believe. He also beat the shit out of your precious DC characters right after, so no, Wolverine has NEVER, NEVER beaten Thanos, hell he hasn't even fought him, just jumped him.

bigbran
... Thanos is pretty high up there on the invulnerable tree. I mean, in just a h2h fight.
I thought you meant like a Juggernat range.Originally posted by Jesse7
You really are grumpy some times, I specifically put a tongue smiley for this purpose. Well, I seen something that was wrong. You were joking, weren't you?

darthgoober
Actually I know what im talking about, the first time Wolverine bested and by bested I mean severely wounded Thanos in melee combat, was when he was still in his brown/yellow costume, he impaled Thanos through the chest with both hands.

The second time was with Lobo, Wolverine severely gutted Thanos, and by gutted I mean Thanos has a huge openening in his stomach/chest, to the point Thanos was on his knees holding his innards in.
Well, this is the first instance you were talkimng about...
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8589/theinfinitygauntlet0421ug6.th.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/416/theinfinitygauntlet0422wg8.th.jpg

And I can't seem to find my scans of the second at the moment, but I would like to point out that Storm BEAT Wonder Woman in that same arc, so you know...

great_dane
iron fist
deathstroke
hulk
champion
mike tyson
the list go's on

long pig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

bigbran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhjGBAnwT-8

Daredevil1
Well Danny Rand Iron Fist had the advantage in hand to hand at the time. His hits were not even hurting Logan at all.

Grimm22
My opinion on Wolverine on the matter is if a character doesn't have true invulnerability, forcefields, a healing factor, a viable range solution, or flight (or massive speed advantage), then Wolverine wins the majority.

rolling on floor laughing laughing Happy Dance

Use your delusion

Daredevil1
Actually IIRC that was not a nuke but a sonic bomb made to take out Venom.

Badabing
Originally posted by long pig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw
eek! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.