Saber vs Bladed Weapon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kongwarrior
In the kotor games there are a lot of Non-Forceusers that kill/defeat Jedi with swords or Vibro-blades, eg. Mandalorians, Bounty hunters etc. A Jedi can see things before they happen. As stated by Quigon when refering to Anakins excellent Pod-racing Skills.
I always found this unconvincing, from the first day i played kotor!
What do you guys thinks?

Ogami Itto
yeah its so unrealistic !!

it should be like 1 hit = death

but then the game would b too easy lol laughing out loud

Captain REX
Video games tend to enter an unrealistic state with such things.

Normally, a lightsaber would not only not be blocked by a vibrosword, but it would cleave the thing in two and pass through the wielder.

Anyways, moving to EU section.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Captain REX
Video games tend to enter an unrealistic state with such things.

Normally, a lightsaber would not only not be blocked by a vibrosword, but it would cleave the thing in two and pass through the wielder.

Anyways, moving to EU section.

The excuse was they had Cortosis on them, which was used in Jedi Outcast, Lightsaber resistant, but the thing is Cortosis was rare, and in KoToR EVERY Sword has it

Captain REX
Go figure. Another EU plot device that gets abused.

yettoh
corosis was the in the sword marka ragnos had in acepter at end of jedi academy

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
The excuse was they had Cortosis on them, which was used in Jedi Outcast, Lightsaber resistant, but the thing is Cortosis was rare, and in KoToR EVERY Sword has it

Don't forget that in Outcast the Dark Jedi had armor made of Cortosis and yet Kyle still managed to cut through them with his lightsaber to kill them.

Quinlan_Vos
There is a possible theory that because so many swords has cortosis in the KOTORian Era, that perhaps thats why it's so rare now in the NJO period. Of course, it could have been rare altogether. I'm not an expert on this.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Don't forget that in Outcast the Dark Jedi had armor made of Cortosis and yet Kyle still managed to cut through them with his lightsaber to kill them.

The Shadowtroopers only had it tipped over them, and it was Lightsaber RESISTANT, just like Body Armor today, Not Proof

overlord
All those video game weapons seem to have cortosis, it's apparently the best excuse to keep a fight going because from what you see in the movies, one wrong move and you're dead.

yettoh
alll blades mint of hadcortoisis in them cos this is kotor era yet all republic troops would probably have them cos they new about the sith so they wouldm put cortosis in the weps

Blax X
Blades are obviously superior, as any FF fanboy will tell you in a Sephiroth vs (insert powerful force user here) match.

BornToRule
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
There is a possible theory that because so many swords has cortosis in the KOTORian Era, that perhaps thats why it's so rare now in the NJO period. Of course, it could have been rare altogether. I'm not an expert on this.

i have to stick with this as an explanation aswell. maybe cortosis was a common thing in the KOTOR era. But then again i dont know anything about it more than the game(s).

bogen
saber pwns blade
game pwns book
blade=saber
big grin

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by bogen
saber pwns blade
game pwns book
blade=saber
big grin

now this is what i call a good summary. wink

Mider999
what i dont get is why the emperors personal body gaurds do not have weaponry that would work against lightsabers even general grevious had his body gaurds using those staffs that can handle a light saber, so i just wish i knew why the emperors body gaurds wouldnt have weapons like that. but this is beside the point of course i can see how the mandelor armour can withstand a lightsaber hit cause its suppose to be that strong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.