Owen and OB1, another "Clash of the Titans?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UnknownBountyHunter
I have been wondering why Owen tried to draw Luke continually away from OB1. I think Owen was upset with OB1 after he left Luke with them. I think that Owen had a previous job he loved (Piloting, Smuggler, etc.) and with Luke he couldn't continue no more, and this is where his hate (well, not hate, but burning passion) to OB1 comes in, and he doesn't want OB1 ruining Luke's life either. What are your thoughts on this?

finti
I think Owen always been a farmer and his thoughts have been at the present and at Tatooine. Mainly because thats where he was. Remember in ANH when Luke says "besides it such a long way from here", OB! replies "Thats your uncle talking".
I just think Owen didn`t really care what was going on with the rebellion because it didn`t effect him in anyway.

JediOasis
Yeah, I agree with finti on this one. I imagine that Owen was always a farmer. In EP II I think Anakin will be on Tatooine and he really enjoys himself then Obi-Wan contacts him telling him its urgent that he return to Coruscant or Kamino or Genosis or whatever. Owen tries to talk Anakin out of it, but because of his duty to his master he must go, because as everyone knows Anakin has this think about obeying his master. Perhaps because he leaves something happens to Schmi that causes her death. That would make Owen hate OB1 somemore and cause a rift between Anakin and OB1.

Zareil
It has been suggested in one of the books though I forget which one that they are actually brothers, that as they followed different paths didn't get on so well but was the reason why Luke was given to Owen

Ushgarak
They even scripted the brother link, but I don't know if it was ever filmed... but it's come THAT close to canonicity.

Zareil
What do you consider thi will do to the continuity of the universe. Surely it was a great shame that we didn't see greater sorrow for the death of his brother in Episode IV if this is the case. Or was this just to maintain the pretence or perhaps just his long term jedi training?

Ushgarak
Canon universe continuity is in a different thread, but it actually reads as follows:

The films

This is the official Lucasfilm policy

However, the following are often considered canonical , but possibly subject to change:
The films
The Scripts
The novelisations
The Radio plays

Meaning anything from these should probably be believed for now, though some of the radio play scenes (like Luke constructing his sabre) are very dodgy, and nothing except the first can be really considered proper, what with possible upcoming plot changes. The films override the lower three, and so on. Also, blatant mistakes from the films can be ignored- like the rank badges in ROTJ. They actually have a department that sorts out this sort of thing.

Then for the EU, the canonicity is the same, with the books at the bottom.

Zareil
Ok Well I'll attempt to take more care in future master!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.