Mostly Caucasian...In comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy
I mean I have no problem with this BUT I do believe that DC and Marvel need a more diverse universe. There are soooooooooo many Caucasian heroes but not enough other ethnic groups. Why???????

Alfheim
I tried to make this point earlier on in another thread I got no respect whatsoever, but now people are starting to get mydrift.

grey fox
When Will People Stop With The Damn Race Threads

AcousticDoc
Since Caucasians have a better chance of having a meta gene...that means whites are the more evolved and thus superior race?

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox

See what I mean? I dont know about the other companies but I have beef with Marvel. You can post that wiki thread as much as you like but the fact of the matter is there are still not enough black characters in Marvel.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Since Caucasians have a better chance of having a meta gene...that means whites are the more evolved and thus superior race?

What are you talking about??

Alfheim
Originally posted by The Prophecy
What are you talking about??

I think hes being sarcastic. There are more white mutants than blacks, therefore according to MU caucasians are more evolved.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Alfheim
but the fact of the matter is there are still not enough black characters in Marvel.

Why does minority always equate to blacks? There's not enough minority characters of EVERY SINGLE RACE not just blacks.

AcousticDoc
I think hes being sarcastic. There are more white mutants than blacks, therefore according to MU caucasians are more evolved.

hehe yea that's what I meant to imply. In a world consisting of a majority of Asians and Indians, I always found it strange that all the mutants of the world where almost always white.

Alfheim
Why does minority always equate to blacks? There's not enough minority characters of EVERY SINGLE RACE not just blacks.

Yes you're right. Have you heard of Milestone comics? It was a comic company dedicated to making comics multicutural.

Milestone had everything. Blacks, whites, asians, latinos and other minorities ive never even heard of. Gay, bi-sexual characters etc, etc

grey fox
See what I mean? I dont know about the other companies but I have beef with Marvel. You can post that wiki thread as much as you like but the fact of the matter is there are still not enough black characters in Marvel.

Oh so 121 aren't enough ? Or are you getting annoyed that theirs not enough black 'alien' races.

Dinalfos

Eh.... sad

"More evolved", while a politically incorrect and downright immoral thing to say, is still somewhat debatable. Scientifically speaking. But don't ever, EVER mention the word "superior", regardless of context.

Edit: okay, I see you were being sarcastic.

The Prophecy

your right but I think he just believe that blacks are the most discriminated race thats all but there is so much more than that

King KAM
goddamn *******, always complaining, why dont YOU go back to AFRICA!

Alfheim
Oh so 121 aren't enough ? Or are you getting annoyed that theirs not enough black 'alien' races.

Well basically there are ALOT more white superheroes than other minorities, do you think thats right?

Yes I am pissed off that there arent any black alien races. I like SS why are there white alien races, but no asian, black or other minorities. Im black I like cosmic stories I wanna see black alien races, is there anythign wrong with that?

Why is it when I confronted you about this you fobbed me off like a 2faced ****?

Its simple in the MU there are more white characters than any other. Does that reflect the real world...no it does not. So im stupid for wanting to see more minorities.

If marvel were like milestone comics I would not have a problem.

The Prophecy
and yes there are not enough other ethnic aliens including Asians,Blacks,Latinos etc...........

Alfheim
and yes there are not enough other ethnic aliens including Asians,Blacks,Latinos etc...........

EXACTLY, you dont find that strange? I dont have a problem with there being white alien races, but if there are white races there should be black, asian, hispanic races as well. Where are they??????

What is so difficult to understand about that?

The Prophecy
Originally posted by King KAM
goddamn *******, always complaining, why dont YOU go back to AFRICA!

What do you mean go back to Africa we all share this world together as one human race AND there shall not be a time where another race should be SUPERIOR over another. THATS NOT LOVE THATS NOT LIFE.

AcousticDoc
Yes you're right. Have you heard of Milestone comics? It was a comic company dedicated to making comics multicutural.

Milestone had everything. Blacks, whites, asians, latinos and other minorities ive never even heard of. Gay, bi-sexual characters etc, etc

Nope never heard of milestone comics. Probably a bad sign that I haven't-I'm assuming comic sales of theirs aren't selling too well then? On a related note, I think comic books prefer having the majority of their heroes (at least the really popular mantles) be white because it helps sales since the majority in both our countries is still white (that majority is declining every year).

Alfheim
What do you mean go back to Africa we all share this world together as one human race AND there shall not be a time where another race should be SUPERIOR over another. THATS NOT LOVE THATS NOT LIFE.

King Kam is black hes just being silly.

Nope never heard of milestone comics. Probably a bad sign that I haven't-I'm assuming comic sales of theirs aren't selling too well then? On a related note, I think comic books prefer having the majority of their heroes (at least the really popular mantles) be white because it helps sales since the majority in both our countries is still white (that majority is declining every year).

Well the company still exists but unfortuantely there comic range has gone out of business, but it was cool while it lasted

Dinalfos

Yes I am pissed off that there arent any black alien races. I like SS why are there white alien races, but no asian, black or other minorities. Im black I like cosmic stories I wanna see black alien races, is there anythign wrong with that?

You are kidding here, right? sad

Alfheim
Originally posted by Dinalfos
You are kidding here, right? sad

No im not why would I be kidding? What is so difficult to understand? I am black, I like reading Silver Surfer am I wrong in wanting there to be more black cosmic an alien characters?

Explain to me how this is wrong?

Dinalfos
No im not why would I be kidding? What is so difficult to understand? I am black, I like reading Silver Surfer am I wrong in wanting there to be more black cosmic an alien characters?

Explain to me how this is wrong?

You do realize that eventhough Silver Surfer is white, he is not caucasian? His skin colour is not in any way related to ethnicity, geography or pigment ratio. There are more non-white aliens than anything. Firelord is brown/yellow/red-ish. Nova is yellow! Terrax is, well, grey! By complaining about Surfer's skin colour, you're actually simplifying and ignoring the nature of the problems we experience in real life. The racial tension on earth is not just about colour. That's what makes black superheroes a more realistic subject, because they are human.

The Pict
Why do you guys complain about this, there are tonnes of black,Latin,Asian etc superheroes. However there are a lack of Scottish ones crying

pr1983
Originally posted by The Pict
Why do you guys complain about this, there are tonnes of black,Latin,Asian etc superheroes. However there are a lack of Scottish ones crying

Black tom? captain britain? or is he english?

and as for the mutants are all white thing, as of house of m, mutants are a freak of nature, so if you want to spin it that way it means white people are freaks... which they aren't... or else someone hasn't told me yet...

there are plenty of non-white characters, especially major ones... martian manhunter, storm, black panther (i mean, ffs, the guy owns his own country), john stewart, luke cage, sunfire, nightcrawler, mystique, all of the thunderbirds in the x-men, jade, the female dr. light, red tornado etc...

Alfheim
You do realize that eventhough Silver Surfer is white, he is not caucasian?

Lets put it this way there are more people that look the SS in the MU than people who look like Luke Cage. You can call him mutant, enhanced you can call him Father Christmas for all I care. He may have silver skin now but he was originally white.

His skin colour is not in any way related to ethnicity, geography or pigment ratio. There are more non-white aliens than anything. Firelord is brown/yellow/red-ish. Nova is yellow!

Er excuse me, I think both Firelord and Nova were orginally white. I know Nova defintely was. There are lots of white Krees, Zenn lavians are white. Some the Elders of the Universe are white, Galactus is white the list goes on.

Terrax is, well, grey! By complaining about Surfer's skin colour, you're actually simplifying and ignoring the nature of the problems we experience in real life. The racial tension on earth is not just about colour. That's what makes black superheroes a more realistic subject, because they are human.

This is a very simple point. I dont have a problem with there being white characters and there being other humanoid races. There may be more humanoids than white but there are still loads of white alien races and cosmic beings. That does not represent the real world. There should not just be white alien races, but there should be black ones, asian one etc etc. I do not see what so hard to understand.

pr1983
gladiator is like... purple... and he could take half of marvel by himself... erm

The Pict
Originally posted by pr1983
Black tom? captain britain? or is he english?

Black tom=Irish
captain britain=english

Alfheim
gladiator is like... purple... and he could take half of marvel by himself... erm

Whats that gotta do with me?

Look I do not know how other black people feel about this, but I went through alot of abuse because of my colour, constantly being told how inferior I am. It does not help when I want to chill out and read my favourite comic book when my race is not represented properly. Maybe if you knew what it felt like you would understand, but I dont think you do, which is why maybe why you find it so baffling.

Dont get me wrong I dont think that all races should stick to their own kind. Im into Norse culture and pray to the Norse gods for crying out loud.

Its just not fair that other races are not represented in comics.

pr1983
Black tom=Irish
captain britain=english

my bad...

Look I do not know how other black people feel about this, but I went through alot of abuse because of my colour, constantly being told how inferior I am. It does not help when I want to chill out and read my favourite comic book when my race is not represented properly. Maybe if you knew what it felt like you would understand, but I dont think you do, which is why maybe why you find it so baffling.

Dont get me wrong I dont think that all races should stick to their own kind. Im into Norse culture and pray to the Norse gods for crying out loud.

most ethnicities are represented to an extent in comics...

what would you consider to be proper representation?

and don't even attempt to play the 'you don't understand because you haven't gone through what i have' card, i've experienced plenty...

The Pict

They ARE represented, stop being over sensitive about it.

ExodusCloak

and don't even attempt to play the 'you don't understand because you haven't gone through what i have' card, i've experienced plenty...

Exactly you're Irish after all... big grin

I don't know the racial thing never bothered me and I'm not caucasian....anyway the MU is getting more and more diverse by the day...just look at the New X-Men...

Moondragon is a good example for a cosmic...

How about Moira and Proteus for the Scotts

Alfheim
my bad...

most races are represented to an extent in comics...

what would you consider to be proper?

Not enough. It should be like Milestone comics! Every minority was represented. I didnt even know what a Dominican was until I started reading it.

Well good for you. I deal with it differently ok. One of my best friends was Irish and he used to get pissed of with the abuse he got. I dont know what you've been through but im sorry I think black racial abuse is probably the worst you can get. I had to deal with that shit almost everyday for years.

They ARE represented, stop being over sensitive about it.

No they are not. There areplenty more white characters than any other minority you dont have to a genuis to know that. To be quite honest it has improved alot but you should find out about Milestone comics it was ahead of it times and marvel still arent up to Milestones level.

I dont actually lose sleep over this and right now its not that bad, but it just find out it hrad how some people cant see what im saying.

I am not being sensitive. I told you before Im a heathen I follow the beliefs and practices of the vikings. You are just assuming because im talking about race im being stupid.

The Pict
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

I don't know the racial thing never bothered me and I'm not caucasian....anyway the MU is getting more and more diverse by the day...just look at the New X-Men...

Proteus is a good one, Wolfsbane as well I think.

ExodusCloak
Not enough. It should be like Milestone comics! Every minority was represented. I didnt even know what a Dominican was until I started reading it.

It's getting there....

I would tend to disagree...you can't say one is worse then the other...when there are loads of people who have experienced terrible sick things...heck some of those things still happen in todays world....

The Pict

Well good for you. I deal with it differently ok. One of my best friends was Irish and he used to get pissed of with the abuse he got. I dont know what you've been through but im sorry I think black racial abuse is probably the worst you can get. I had to deal with that shit almost everyday for years.

No they are not. There areplenty more white characters than any other minority you dont have to a genuis to know that. To be quite honest it has improved alot but you should find out about Milestone comics it was ahead of it times and marvel still arent up to Milestones level.

I dont actually lose sleep over this and right now its not that bad, but it just find out it hrad how some people cant see what im saying.

We can see what you're saying but you're dramatising it, like there are few black comic characters. There are hundreds of them, and of other races.

ExodusCloak
Proteus is a good one, Wolfsbane as well I think.

Yeah Wolfsbane..I forgot about her....Emma got rid of her...when Rhane was caught sleeping with one of the students....Moonstar got kicked out right after her....

I would say the New X-Men were quite a diverse crowd.....

King KAM
What do you mean go back to Africa we all share this world together as one human race AND there shall not be a time where another race should be SUPERIOR over another. THATS NOT LOVE THATS NOT LIFE. shuddup ya stupid porch monkeys, you ******* always complaining always wanting somethin given to you, why dont you coons learn how to freaking write and draw, and make your own comics.....jiggaboos

Alfheim
It's getting there....

Yes im aware of that. Im not that blind.

I
I would tend to disagree...you can't say one is worse then the other...when there are loads of people who have experienced terrible sick things...heck some of those things still happen in todays world....

I dont know about that. For example if you're asaian you may get racist abuse but people ahve this thing that asians are smart. Black racist abuse is basically, you're a slave, black people are stupid and primitive and have achieved anything. It also does not help when you read about slavery and see Africans starving on TV.

If you're Irish they might say that the Irish are crazy and stupid, but they dont have anything in their history as bad as the slave trade and Ireland is not a 3rd World country!

No im sorry things have improved alot, but I have been through alot of ****.

pr1983

exactly...

exactly... no one is worse than the other, its all relative to the person...

thats not an answer... erm

and if you didnt know what a dominican was, well thats your fault, not the fault of comic writers... they're entertainment, not learning materials... erm

pr1983
Yes im aware of that. Im not that blind.

I dont know about that. For example if you're asaian you may get racist abuse but people ahve this thing that asians are smart. Black racist abuse is basically, you're a slave, black people are stupid and primitive and have achieved anything. It also does not help when you read about slavery and see Africans starving on TV.

If you're Irish they might say that the Irish are crazy and stupid, but they dont have anything in their history as bad as the slave trade and Ireland is not a 3rd World country!

do you know ANYTHING about irish history?

Alfheim
We can see what you're saying but you're dramatising it, like there are few black comic characters. There are hundreds of them, and of other races.

Ok let me make myself crytsal clear. I am aware that things have improved alot, but they could still improve.....im not that pissed.

I know I keep going on about Milestone comics but if you read any of the issues you would see what im getting at. It wasnt just for black people it was for EVERYONE and they pulled it off!

do you know ANYTHING about irish history?

Yeah I know that the Irish went through alot of persecution, but I dont think they have anything as bad as the Atlantic Slave Trade.

Anyway this is good at least were talking about it. smile

The Pict
Yeah Wolfsbane..I forgot about her....Emma got rid of her...when Rhane was caught sleeping with one of the students....Moonstar got kicked out right after her....

I would say the New X-Men were quite a diverse crowd.....

They are quite diverse if I remember right.

Another Scottish one was the guy who could copy any sound he heard. He later turned into a feral form and has a magic sword or something. Still only 4 though sad

pr1983
They are quite diverse if I remember right.

Another Scottish one was the guy who could copy any sound he heard. He later turned into a feral form and has a magic sword or something. Still only 4 though sad

we have banshee... and he's dead... messed

The Pict
we have banshee... and he's dead... messed

Still Siryn right? And as she is a girl in a comic I bet she's drawn as a hottie sad

pr1983
Still Siryn right? And as she is a girl in a comic I bet she's drawn as a hottie sad

haven't seen her in a while... i'm not even sure if she's irish either...

The Pict
Ok let me make myself crytsal clear. I am aware that things have improved alot, but they could still improve.....im not that pissed.

Then what's with this:

"No im sorry things have improved alot, but I have been through alot of ****"

sounds like you're gung-ho over the lack of black characters (even though there's hundreds) because you were discriminated yourself, but it's hardly the comic writer's fault.

ExodusCloak

I suggest you read up on your Irish history...the discrimination was hell....why you ask it's because they were Britans next door neighbours....

BTW You're stereotyping...that's not how the world works...Native Americans were almost wiped out by the Europeans...they were considered savages...the entire Indian nation was ripped in two into what is known as Pakistan and India today....do you know how many people lost their lives then? Remember Australia...when they tried to clense the land of ALL races by breeding out the other races? I could go through hundreds of incidents where people were discriminated against...Black people aren't the only ones...who had it hard....I mean at least people are aware of the Black persecution today....there are things happening in Asia that make my skin crawl...

Heck today you get religious discrimination because of the current global events occuring...

I'm half South African and half Irish...there's nothing wrong in living in a Less Economic Developing Country or "Third World Country" as you call it...it's a beautiful place...

Sway and Jubilee...M is another one....

Milkie
I only know ONE Brazilian Superhero...

Milkie
Make that TWO!!

Fire & Sunspot

The Pict
Originally posted by Milkie

Is that just in Marvel?

ExodusCloak

What about Selene and Magma? I thought they're both brazilian?

And that Green Fire lady in DC...what's her name again?

The Pict

Sway and Jubilee...M is another one....

Another what?

Superherovandal
seriously what are you complaining about Alfheim? there are plenty of black characters in comics. I think the problem is comics think in four major terms: Whites, blacks, hispanics, and oriental asians. and all of the other races are used minutely. For instance there are more than 1 billion indians in india alone but you'll find it hard to find that many indian characters in comics. i'm indian but you don't see me complaining about it.

ExodusCloak
Another what?

More characters of diverse origins..I think Sway and Jubilee are chinese? Not sure about M she's French...I think....

Uber Powerful Gaia is also from a diverse background...

Alfheim
Then what's with this:

"No im sorry things have improved alot, but I have been through alot of ****"

sounds like you're gung-ho over the lack of black characters (even though there's hundreds) because you were discriminated yourself, but it's hardly the comic writer's fault.

Yes im aware of that im just trying to explain why I feel the way I do. As I said before its not too bad now, but before it used to piss me off.

I suggest you read up on your Irish history...the discrimination was hell....why you ask it's because they were Britans next door neighbours....

It was worse than the Atlantic slave trade? Ireland doesnt have to deal with unfair trading. Make povery history is not for Ireland.

BTW You're stereotyping...that's not how the world works...Native Americans were almost wiped out by the Europeans...they were considered savages...the entire Indian nation was ripped in two into what is known as Pakistan and India today....do you know how many people lost their lives then? I could go through hundreds of incidents where people were discriminated against...Black people aren't the only ones...who had it hard....I mean at least people are aware of the Black persecution today....there are things happening in Asia that make my skin crawl...

Im stereotyping cos thats what people used to do to me. Indians and Pakistanis may have got killed but they never got stick for it. I got hell.

I'm half South African and half Irish...there's nothing wrong in living in a Less Economic Developing Country or "Third World Country" as you call it...it's a beautiful place...

Ermm this is may fault you misunderstood me. I dont think there is anything wrong with Africa being a 3rd World country, I am just trying to explain to my Irish friend the amount of ammunition and insults that I had to put up with.

Milkie
Is that just in Marvel?

No

DC has one and Marvel has one.

I'm sure there are other companies out there

BUT

There are probably not more then 50 brazilian Superheros

Alfheim
Originally posted by Superherovandal
seriously what are you complaining about Alfheim? there are plenty of black characters in comics. I think the problem is comics think in four major terms: Whites, blacks, hispanics, and oriental asians. and all of the other races are used minutely. For instance there are more than 1 billion indians in india alone but you'll find it hard to find that many indian characters in comics. i'm indian but you don't see me complaining about it.

To be quite honest im not that bothered now really, I think there is room for improvement. Like I have said if you had read Milestone comics you would understand.

The Pict
No

DC has one and Marvel has one.

I'm sure there are other companies out there

BUT

There are probably not more then 50 brazilian Superheros

There are probably not more than 5 Scottish ones stick out tongue

pr1983
It was worse than the Atlantic slave trade? Ireland doesnt have to deal with unfair trading. Make povery history is not for Ireland.

doh

read up, seriously, because you have no idea what you're talking about...

and you wonder why people don't agree with you...

Alfheim
*sigh*

The Prophecy
shuddup ya stupid porch monkeys, you ******* always complaining always wanting somethin given to you, why don't you coons learn how to freaking write and draw, and make your own comics.....jiggaboos

You know you sound really childish with all this name calling I mean come on.But seriously I'm not only talking about black people I never MENTIONED ONE RACE all I meant was...................THAT WE NEED A MORE DIVERSE COMIC UNIVERSE .So I really don't understand your stupid comments when I know it doesn't relate to me.YOur only making yourself look bad.Also you seem to miss the point of what I said.WE ARE EQUAL, AND I'M NOT JUST REFERRING TO BLACK PEOPLE I AM TALKING ABOUT ALL PEOPLE.hey we do share this planet so we must learn to live in peace not war.

Thank You

The Pict
What about Selene and Magma? I thought they're both brazilian?

And that Green Fire lady in DC...what's her name again?

I don't think anyone knows where Selene is from as she is thousands of years old. But her recent husband was Brazilian.
Also Magma is from a fictional country.

Alfheim
doh

read up, seriously, because you have no idea what you're talking about...

and you wonder why people don't agree with you...

Well I guess I do know what you're talking about really. There was alot of persecution of the Irish people, but I have to admit there not having to deal with it now are they? The persecution faced by black people is more recent.

I mean even The Vikings had to deal with persecution from Christian missionaries. Ironically I can relate to them abit on that.

Anyway im just saying it could be a bit more diverse.

Superherovandal
Yes im aware of that im just trying to explain why I feel the way I do. As I said before its not too bad now, but before it used to piss me off.

Im stereotyping cos thats what people used to do to me. Indians and Pakistanis may have got killed but they never got stick for it. I got hell.

Ermm this is may fault you misunderstood me. I dont think there is anything wrong with Africa being a 3rd World country, I am just trying to explain to my Irish friend the amount of ammunition and insults that I had to put up with.

oh shut up now. you act like you're the only one who has faced racism. i mean after september 11th plenty of afghanis and islamics were getting hell and being accused of being terrorists. I was an Indian and even i was stereotyped because i look islamic. and in america govt was considering stopping people who "looked like terrorists"( likes islamics and indians and pakistanis and others) more at airports. blacks certainly have not had the worst of the world. jewish, japanese, chinese, Arabs etc all have faced just as much if not more.

The Pict
You know you sound really childish with all this name calling I mean come on.But seriously I'm not only talking about black people I never MENTIONED ONE RACE all I meant was...................THAT WE NEED A MORE DIVERSE COMIC UNIVERSE .So I really don't understand your stupid comments when I know it doesn't relate to me.YOur only making yourself look bad.Also you seem to miss the point of what I said.WE ARE EQUAL, AND I'M NOT JUST REFERRING TO BLACK PEOPLE I AM TALKING ABOUT ALL PEOPLE.hey we do share this planet so we must learn to live in peace not war.

Thank You

Yeah still.....it's just comics.

Milkie

Thank You

KAM IS BLACK

OK

THANK YOU

ExodusCloak

They were basically slaves themselves...and do you know how impoverished the Irish were...after half their population was annihalated by the blight...they pulled themselves out of it...on their own....

I can guarentee that that happens...and has been happening to everyone...you may not notice it....but I know plenty of people who have been abused...

What do you think is happening today...anyone asian looking = terrorist....it happens everywhere...to everyone...

Umm....Africa is a continent....but what's so insulting about being from a country in Africa?

Another character that I cherish in the MU is Astrid Bloom...one of my favourites...

http://www.mutanthigh.com/bloomastrid.html

pr1983
Well I guess I do know what you're talking about really. There was alot of persecution of the Irish people, but I have to admit there not having to deal with it now are they? The persecution faced by black people is more recent.

I mean even The Vikings had to deal with persecution from Christian missionaries. Ironically I can relate to them abit on that.

Anyway im just saying it could be a bit more diverse.

Are you kidding? and getting apart from the whole 'irish thing', for a long time now i've been in a circle of friends that includes people who arent white, i've even dated women who aren't white, and sometimes, the reactions i get just by being with them are worse than the reactions they get from being with me...

i have WHITE people abusing me half the time...

The Prophecy
KAM IS BLACK

OK

THANK YOU

look I don't know if he is or isn't but if he is still it's wrong and I'm if I offended you or him but like I said It's wrong.

The Prophecy
Yeah still.....it's just comics.

Yeah I know it's just a comic But often comics and other forms of entertainment make an impression on people and also an example of how we live our lives and if you write a comic about Supremacy than kids that read comics are going to follow up on that and then some comics make it to TV shows or movies than what.

Dinalfos
Lets put it this way there are more people that look the SS in the MU than people who look like Luke Cage. You can call him mutant, enhanced you can call him Father Christmas for all I care. He may have silver skin now but he was originally white.

Oh, you're talking about their origins. But still, is it realistic to just assume that race knows the same connotations and variables on different planets? You can't have the black-white issue on every planet in the universe. That would be unrealistic.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to disprove you on all THAT. There are definitely more "whites" than "blacks". But there are also more non-white than white aliens and stuff. Besides, I don't think they are intended to be "white", just white coloured. At least I hope they're not. I blame it on a era and culturel induced lack of imagination on the creator's part. I hope I'm making sense here.

i'm not saying you have a problem with that. I'm also not saying that even the current comic world fully represents our world. I know it doesn't. But I'm saying that it's not reasonable to expect earthly ethnic issues to echo into the realms of cosmics, demons, wizards, gods, celestials and aliens. White they may(or may not) be, but it matters almost as much as the fact that my grandma's fingernails are currently red.

Sure, you could have cosmics like Galactus to be any colour you want, but what does that change? You'll be able to say that we finally got ourselves a major black cosmically powered being(eventhough we've had Akhenaten), but if it bears no inherent connection to race and ethnicity, the narrative and logical value is lost. Sure, it comes across as considerate and progressive to the reader, but it makes no real sense.

That's why I do believe that different colours should be used(including black, white, purple, yellow etc.), but regardless of all earthly issues. A certain stream of logic must be maintained.

ExodusCloak
Are you kidding? and getting apart from the whole 'irish thing', for a long time now i've been in a circle of friends that includes people who arent white, i've even dated women who aren't white, and sometimes, the reactions i get just by being with them are worse than the reactions they get from being with me...

i have WHITE people abusing me half the time...

I know..what you mean...the Irish can relate....after the ROI got their independence...my parents left South Africa to go and study there cause that's the only place where they were allowed to get a third level education...and that's how I'm born their..course they moved back to South Africa...and then we lived in Mozambique...and then we moved back to Ireland...after that..

The sanctions that the rest of the world placed on South Africa kept on being vetoed by the US...so the Apartheid Government stayed till the whole Nelson Mandela ANC thing....

Alfheim
oh shut up now. you act like you're the only one who has faced racism.

Dont be insulting, alright. Im just telling you about my experiences. My main point really is that comics could be more diverse.

i mean after september 11th plenty of afghanis and islamics were getting hell and being accused of being terrorists. I was an Indian and even i was stereotyped because i look islamic. and in america govt was considering stopping people who "looked like terrorists"( likes islamics and indians and pakistanis and others) more at airports. blacks certainly have not had the worst of the world. jewish, japanese, chinese, Arabs etc all have faced just as much if not more.

Actually the Chinese have been through alot of shit as well.

Umm....Africa is a continent....but what's so insulting about being from a country in Africa?

Whoaaa!!! Hold on im not saying there is anything wrong with coming from Africa. There nothing wrong with it. Im sorry that people are being stereotyped as racist. I am simply telling you what I have been through. I used to know other people and other races but all im saying is that I got all the ****.

pr1983
I know..what you mean...the Irish can relate....after the ROI got their independence...my parents left South Africa to go and study there cause that's the only place where they were allowed to get a third level education...and that's how I'm born their..course they moved back to South Africa...and then we lived in Mozambique...and then we moved back to Ireland...after that..

The sanctions that the rest of the world placed on South Africa kept on being vetoed by the US...so the Apartheid Government stayed till the whole Nelson Mandela ANC thing....

wow... busy busy busy... so are you settled now or will you be moving back?

(if you don't mind me asking of course)

Milkie
look I don't know if he is or isn't but if he is still it's wrong and I'm if I offended you or him but like I said It's wrong.

HE WAS JOKING

Superherovandal
exactly they have and when the comics are asked to add more diversity they just add blacks and oriental asians and end up forgetting hispanics, jewish, arabs, indians etc. i think we need more representation than blacks right now.

Alfheim
exactly they have and when the comics are asked to add more diversity they just add blacks and oriental asians and end up forgetting hispanics, jewish, arabs, indians etc. i think we need more representation than blacks right now.

I dont have a problem with that. No need to tell me to shut up. Thats what im saying Milestone had a group called the Blood Syndicate at least three of them were puerto rican. One major character was a Jewish rabbi with mystical powers. Thats what im saying Milestone was ahead of its time.

ExodusCloak
wow... busy busy busy... so are you settled now or will you be moving back?

(if you don't mind me asking of course)

Well we're settled here...right now...I'm at UCD...doing Genetics and Med..things are great...I love the freedom...I never had that in South Africa...too much crime....

Well I'm really sorry about what you had to go through...and I know sorry isn't enough...but the point I'm trying to make is we everyone else has also had a hellish experience...I'll openly admit that my experiences are probably nothing compared...to others...I'm just lucky that...way I guess...but again I'd like to emphasise that there are people out there of all races and religious backgrounds who can empathise with you....

Superherovandal
sorry for snapping at you but i was a bit angry at the fact that you implied that blacks went through more than any other race. that is just wrong. ok?

The Prophecy
HE WAS JOKING

Ok.............Ok.........I calm now but how can I be sure of that.

Alfheim

Well I'm really sorry about what you had to go through...and I know sorry isn't enough...but the point I'm trying to make is we have all experienced hell...

Ok but you know whats messed up? My best friend was Irish and we could relate to each other because of the abuse we got and even he used to flip now and again and call me n*****. So you can imagine how ***** up **** was.

Anyway my main point is that I think Marvel has improved alot but it could still improve some more.

sorry for snapping at you but i was a bit angry at the fact that you implied that blacks went through more than any other race. that is just wrong. ok?

Ok fair enough its just that sometimes people make you feel like that. Anyway main point is more diversity.

Dont get me wrong im a alot better about it now. Iguess im in a bit of a bad mood and I wanted people to at least understand where im coming from.

ExodusCloak
Ok but you know whats messed up? My best friend was Irish and we could relate to each other because of the abuse we got and even he used to flip now and again and call me n*****. So you can imagine how ***** up **** was.

Anyway my main point is that I think Marvel has improved alot but it could still improve some more.

It looks like it'll get there...still can't wait for Astrid Bloom to make a grand return...

Remember how the females had it? Now most MU ladies are Uber...

Alfheim

Remember how the females had it? Now most MU ladies are Uber...

YES!! I have to admit I have no problems with black female superheroes. Captain Marvel rocked!!

Ok.............Ok.........I calm now but how can I be sure of that.

King Kam is a nutter. Long pig done a crappy thread. So king Kam says......"BOOOOO this thread sux. Long pig is a disgrace to the human race, we need to break into his lawn and burn a big cross on it!!!!!!!!"

NiņoAraņa
can't we just stop complaining about the race stuff man?

darthgoober
Look it comes down to this, there are more Caucasian characters, because there are more comics purchased by Caucasian people. Could it be more diverse? Yes. But with most comic book settings, it probably wouldn't be statistically realistic. I mean, why would there be as many Native American heroes in New York City as there are Caucasian heroes, when there's not as many Native American people living in New York City as there are Caucasian? It wouldn't make any sense. You have to remember that your talking about MINORITY groups, which is why there shown in the minority. Creating equal characters of EVERY race will just insure that there are a bunch of characters that are going to flop, because most readers won't relate as well to them. The comic companies would waste MILLIONS of dollars, just trying to establish a bunch of characters that they know won't go over well.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by darthgoober
Look it comes down to this, there are more Caucasian characters, because there are more comics purchased by Caucasian people. Could it be more diverse? Yes. But with most comic book settings, it probably wouldn't be statistically realistic. I mean, why would there be as many Native American heroes in New York City as there are Caucasian heroes, when there's not as many Native American people living in New York City as there are Caucasian? It wouldn't make any sense. You have to remember that your talking about MINORITY groups, which is why there shown in the minority. Creating equal characters of EVERY race will just insure that there are a bunch of characters that are going to flop, because most readers won't relate as well to them. The comic companies would waste MILLIONS of dollars, just trying to establish a bunch of characters that they know won't go over well.

I get your point.

ExodusCloak
Personally I don't see colour when I look at a person or a character....it's the personality that matters...if I can relate to the character personality-wise...then I'm hooked....

Avalonofthewind
I don't care about how many characters of a certain race there are as long as they are QUALITY characters.

Ex: Steel, Kyle Rayner (part Latino), Mr. Terrific, Blade, Black Adam, Blue Beetle...etc

Keep the crap ones: Ie "Muhammed X" far far away....

OB1-adobe
I mean I have no problem with this BUT I do believe that DC and Marvel need a more diverse universe. There are soooooooooo many Caucasian heroes but not enough other ethnic groups. Why???????

And every chick has huge boobs and perfect legs. Whats your point?

Kinneary
Most of the popular super heroes were created during a time where the white male was the ideal man in the media, so that's how these characters were created. At this point, you can't go back and make Superman black just for the sake of being black. You don't turn around and make Spider-Man asian just for the sake of being asian. There's no point, it messes with the continuity, and it will upset the readers. I know when they changed Nick Fury to a black man in the Ultimate series in the Marvel Universe my dad thought it was one of the stupidest things he'd ever seen. He's not racist, and his first wife was black. It's just an idiotic thing to do.

Minority super heroes for the sake of minority super heroes is just as bad as making all super heroes white.

Validus
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Nah, most artists give women chicken legs. Not really attractive.

The Pict
Originally posted by Kinneary
Most of the popular super heroes were created during a time where the white male was the ideal man in the media, so that's how these characters were created. At this point, you can't go back and make Superman black just for the sake of being black. You don't turn around and make Spider-Man asian just for the sake of being asian. There's no point, it messes with the continuity, and it will upset the readers. I know when they changed Nick Fury to a black man in the Ultimate series in the Marvel Universe my dad thought it was one of the stupidest things he'd ever seen. He's not racist, and his first wife was black. It's just an idiotic thing to do.

Minority super heroes for the sake of minority super heroes is just as bad as making all super heroes white.

Good points.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

My point was for minority groups to be published more in comics,But now I kind of see why comics are mostly Caucasian.However that still doesn't explain the aliens.

Grimm22

*Throws AcousticDoc to the moon*

Grimm22

Co-Signed no expression

This is getting ubsurd

long pig
More whites by comics therefore more comics are geared toward them.

Pretty much end of story. No racism, no nothing, just money.

I like race threads, it's great fun to see people get all awkward and try to be politically correct.

long pig
I like the idea of a bunch of different race superheroes who are all racist but have to work together to save the planet.

I love racist humor.

inamilist
Originally posted by long pig
I like the idea of a bunch of different race superheroes who are all racist but have to work together to save the planet.

I love racist humor.

racism = hillarious

that goes for sexism and all other forms of biggotry

especially anti-semetism

long pig
Originally posted by inamilist
racism = hillarious

that goes for sexism and all other forms of biggotry

especially anti-semetism
ESPECIALLY anti Semites.

I laugh at it all, but Native American racism is bad. sad

inamilist
ESPECIALLY anti Semites.

I laugh at it all, but Native American racism is bad. sad

pfft

they'll never sober up long enough to do anything about it though

long pig
pfft

they'll never sober up long enough to do anything about it though Sure they will, it's not like they can afford to buy beer all the time.

I mean, really. What clerk will give you some vodka if you pay in beads?

LEARN THE CONCEPT OF OWNERSHIP DAMMIT!

But really, NA's are the only ones who deserve more than they get. They'll always have my respect even if they don't want it.

King KAM
pfft

they'll never sober up long enough to do anything about it though hahahahahahha!!!!!

I guess the payoti kinda kills their motivation.

King KAM
KAM IS BLACK

OK

THANK YOU am not its that damn re-vitiligo...its like the opposite of what michael jackson has, the older i get, the darker, and blacker i get, but im Irish!!!... stick out tongue

Alfheim

Im sorry about bringing this issue up again, but I just dont think I did myself any justice previously. The last thing I want to do is give the impression that I am ashamed of coming from Africa. If a person is not a coward but gives the impression of being a coward to somebody else it is better for things to become cleared up.

You know how people are, they are just stupid. Just because in parts of Africa there is alot of strife,turmoili and poverty people would bring it up and make an issue of it. As far as im concerned the reason why it is like this is due to different factors. Colonisation, unfair trading laws and just circumstance. For example Islamic countries at one point in histroy were seen as being more advanced than Europe, now they are not. Sometimes people go through good patches and bad patches, Africa is just going through a bad patch.

I just feel abit strongly about this because im seriously into Norse culture and I dont want people to think this is beacuse im ashamed of being African (too late, I guess). I know about my African history I just find that Germanic/Norse culture speaks to me more than anything else. It has nothing to do with superority its just preference. I would say that previously I used to be quite radical and eventhough im complaining about the lack of different ethic groups in comics I dont think a person has to define himself neccesarily ( but they can if they want to) by their ethnic group.

You can't have the black-white issue on every planet in the universe. That would be unrealistic.

I dont want it on every planet. I just want the MU in general to be more diverse.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to disprove you on all THAT. There are definitely more "whites" than "blacks". But there are also more non-white than white aliens and stuff. Besides, I don't think they are intended to be "white", just white coloured. At least I hope they're not. I blame it on a era and culturel induced lack of imagination on the creator's part. I hope I'm making sense here.

I guess you're right.

i'm not saying you have a problem with that. I'm also not saying that even the current comic world fully represents our world. I know it doesn't. But I'm saying that it's not reasonable to expect earthly ethnic issues to echo into the realms of cosmics, demons, wizards, gods, celestials and aliens. White they may(or may not) be, but it matters almost as much as the fact that my grandma's fingernails are currently red.

Earthly issues do not need to be really involved. It would be good just to have more diverse characters

Sure, you could have cosmics like Galactus to be any colour you want, but what does that change? You'll be able to say that we finally got ourselves a major black cosmically powered being(eventhough we've had Akhenaten), but if it bears no inherent connection to race and ethnicity,

It bears a connection to race and ethnicity because it would be like the real world. I would not even expect black aliens to be like black people on earth. Two other black cosmic characters are Captain Marvel and Phastos

the narrative and logical value is lost. Sure, it comes across as considerate and progressive to the reader, but it makes no real sense.

So you're saying multi cultural comics dont make sense?

That's why I do believe that different colours should be used(including black, white, purple, yellow etc.), but regardless of all earthly issues.

Oh I think I understand you. Milestone comics had many different minorities that did not mean that race itself actually became an issue. Its just simply would be nice for characters to be more diverse, race does not have to be an issue. In fact if it was brought up too much it would ruin stories.

Originally posted by darthgoober

Actually thats a very good point. Yeah but obvously it has to be done with some intelligence. Milestone pulled it off, they flopped but I dont think that was the reason, because they said at the time other comic companies had the same problems.

Originally posted by Kinneary

Im not talking about changing characters that were white to black. Im simply talking about making a more diverse universe. I think it can be done if the stories are good. Tell me what you think of the link.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/mileston.htm

Originally posted by Grimm22
Co-Signed no expression

This is getting ubsurd

I personally dont like the way Grey Fox has dealt with this. I confronted him about this previously and he said he did not have a problem with it. He then decides to flip out about it, he should make his mind up or just keep quiet. It shows 2facedness.

More whites by comics therefore more comics are geared toward them.

Pretty much end of story. No racism, no nothing, just money.

I like race threads, it's great fun to see people get all awkward and try to be politically correct.

True but that didnt stop Bruce Lee.

shhh.....i love it when people dont know...its funny...

Yeah it is actually. I still haven't got over what you said to long pig, it cracked me up!

Tha C-Master
goddamn *******, always complaining, why dont YOU go back to AFRICA! laughing

grey fox
I personally dont like the way Grey Fox has dealt with this.

What , by pointing out the large number of characters which you were complaining there weren't enough of ?

I confronted him about this previously and he said he did not have a problem with it.

Lol , rape the truth . I stated ..hell screw this I'll give you guy's a VISUAL.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5755/untitledmp4.th.jpg

As shown I never said anything of the sort . Only that he (Alfheim) shouldn't blame marvel for being racist and that I dont give a shit about comics.

He then decides to flip out about it,

No , flipping out Alfheim would be me making a graphic stating that 'NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT OTHER RACES IN COMICS' . This is me getting mildly annoyed because of people who are stubborn over a (frankly) stupid matter

he should make his mind up or just keep quiet.

You should really learn to use your own advice.

Of course if you want to continue this little 'problem' you have with me then you can get into the queue like Dark Urzien and the rest....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/untitled-3.jpg

Hwoarang
Jesus. There is more white hero's because there are more whites in the area.

If you want a black hero go to Africa or somewhere. Stop bitching about it.

inamilist

lol

thats really cute smile

i wish people cared enough about what i had to say to make useless threads about it too smile

Alfheim
What , by pointing out the large number of characters which you were complaining there weren't enough of ?

Lol , rape the truth . I stated ..hell screw this I'll give you guy's a VISUAL.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5755/untitledmp4.th.jpg

As shown I never said anything of the sort . Only that he (Alfheim) shouldn't blame marvel for being racist and that I dont give a shit about comics.

No , flipping out Alfheim would be me making a graphic stating that 'NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT OTHER RACES IN COMICS' . This is me getting mildly annoyed because of people who are stubborn over a (frankly) stupid matter

You should really learn to use your own advice.

Of course if you want to continue this little 'problem' you have with me then you can get into the queue like Dark Urzien and the rest....

No I dont have a problem with you disagreeing with me. This is what I have a problem with.

First of all you fobbed me off when I wanted to talk about it.

are you getting annoyed that theirs not enough black 'alien' races.

Now all of a sudden you went and got pissed off. So obvously you dont say what you mean. I wanted to discuss it but you fobbed me off, hey do what you like.

Look I dont care if there are 121 black characters. First of all there are minor characters and major characters, some of those characters may not even count because they have only had relatively few appearances. For example Phastos is a black character but im sure loads of people dont even know who he is.

To be quite honest as far as im concerned thing have improved alot but there still could be room for improvement.

People get pissed of when Cap takes punches from Class 100s because its not realistic, the fact of the matter is that its not realistic for there to be more white superhumans than any other minority and thats fact . If you cant understand that then I cant help you.

Its not just about black characters its about other minorities too. If it were like this universe I would not have a problem.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/mileston.htm

Anyway as one person put it most of the people who read comics are white and I guess most of the writers are white so there you go.

King KAM
Originally posted by Hwoarang
Jesus. There is more white hero's because there are more whites in the area.

If you want a black hero go to Africa or somewhere. Stop bitching about it. racist no expression

grey fox

First of all you fobbed me off when I wanted to talk about it.

Now all of a sudden you went and got pissed off. So obvously you dont say what you mean. I wanted to discuss it but you fobbed me off, hey do what you like.

I wasn't getting pissed off , last time you talked to me you were getting quite pissed off at the fact that there were very few black aliens , i decided to poke fun at it this time in the form of a viable question.

pr1983
Well we're settled here...right now...I'm at UCD...doing Genetics and Med..things are great...I love the freedom...I never had that in South Africa...too much crime....

UCD? shit... laughing

sorry, ive just never met anyone on kmc who lives that close to me...

Alfheim
I wasn't getting pissed off , last time you talked to me you were getting quite pissed off at the fact that there were very few black aliens , i decided to poke fun at it this time in the form of a viable question.

Cant be bothered, forget it.

ExodusCloak
UCD? shit... laughing

sorry, ive just never met anyone on kmc who lives that close to me...

big grin Yeah just started...4 weeks into college...Irelands a small country....I thought you lived outside of Dublin?

Galan777
I mean I have no problem with this BUT I do believe that DC and Marvel need a more diverse universe. There are soooooooooo many Caucasian heroes but not enough other ethnic groups. Why??????? on earth there are quite a few caucasian heroes, but any characters that are outside of earth can't be called caucasian, because they are an alien species big grin

pr1983
big grin Yeah just started...4 weeks into college...Irelands a small country....I thought you lived outside of Dublin?

i do, but i grew up in dublin, so dublin to me is my home (and i spend plenty of time there too)

and even then, as you said ireland is small...

ExodusCloak
i do, but i grew up in dublin, so dublin to me is my home (and i spend plenty of time there too)

and even then, as you said ireland is small...

Ah makes sense... wink

What do you think of Dundrum shopping centre...? (The big one)

pr1983
Ah makes sense... wink

What do you think of Dundrum shopping centre...? (The big one)

Not worth it to be honest... i didn't like it at all... its more expensive than is worth it i think...

the square in tallaght used to be my favourite (though you'd wanna watch yourself round there, not the most charming place stick out tongue), though i tend to just shop in the city centre, it has all the shops i need (including 4 comic ones) drool

ExodusCloak
Not worth it to be honest... i didn't like it at all... its more expensive than is worth it i think...

the square in tallaght used to be my favourite (though you'd wanna watch yourself round there, not the most charming place stick out tongue), though i tend to just shop in the city centre, it has all the shops i need (including 4 comic ones) drool

Yeah I know what you mean...I think it's like 9 euro a cinema ticket...and that's with a student discount...

Yeah I really need to find these comic book stores....one of my friends was telling me he'd show me...but we never had the time with the whole Leaving Cert thing....

I can actually vote this year...so cool..

pr1983
Yeah I know what you mean...I think it's like 9 euro a cinema ticket...and that's with a student discount...

Yeah I really need to find these comic book stores....one of my friends was telling me he'd show me...but we never had the time with the whole Leaving Cert thing....

I can actually vote this year...so cool..

i think most cinema's are about 9 euro, especially the big cineworld one in the city centre...

lol, i dont know if it'll make a difference, its either bertie or enda kenny... messed

if i had a decent map of dublins streets i could give you directions... cant seem to find one online though...

ExodusCloak
i think most cinema's are about 9 euro, especially the big cineworld one in the city centre...

lol, i dont know if it'll make a difference, its either bertie or enda kenny... messed

if i had a decent map of dublins streets i could give you directions... cant seem to find one online though...

Here's one of the city centre....

http://maps.uk.ask.com/maps?a1=&a2=Dublin%2c+Ireland

I remember paying 5 Euro in Stillorgan to go and watch X3....

Alfheim
This is blantantly off topic, I was going to bring up one more point but I cant be bothered right now.

pr1983
Here's one of the city centre....

http://maps.uk.ask.com/maps?a1=&a2=Dublin%2c+Ireland

I remember paying 5 Euro in Stillorgan to go and watch X3....

it was 6 in cavan, which was ok i suppose...

here's the locations as best i could describe em, remember if you cant find any of em, let me know and ill do what i can to help...

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/pr1983/images/mapdublin.jpg

This is blantantly off topic, I was going to bring up one more point but I cant be bothered right now.

fair enough... but to be honest, it was a non-topic to begin with... erm

ExodusCloak
it was 6 in cavan, which was ok i suppose...

here's the locations as best i could describe em, remember if you cant find any of em, let me know and ill do what i can to help...

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/pr1983/images/mapdublin.jpg

Thanks...much appreciated.. big grin

pr1983
Thanks...much appreciated.. big grin

T'was no problem... i remember when i was struggling to find them, so i know what its like...

Alfheim

Just one last point , you do know there are probably loads of Irish superheroes in MU? Heres what I mean. Racism is illogical but racism again'st the Irish is probably one of the most stupid forms. Alot of the people being abusive to the Irish probably have Irish blood in them.

Also some people who are not considered to be Irish may have originally have come from Ireland. If you know you're footbal we have a footballer called Micheal Owen, I could be wrong but I think Owen is an Irish name. Im quite sure Rooney is Irish. Some comedian was complaining that Rooney should be playing for England.

Im quite sure Regan is an Irish surname. That probably means Ronald Regan was orignally from Ireland. Obvoulsy I have not done a check on the surnames of superheroes but there are probably loads with irish surnames.

Anyway I know you're not bothered but I just thought id bring it up, I was thinking about it the other day. *shrug*

pr1983
Just one last point , you do know there are probably loads of Irish superheroes in MU?

There are about 3... but out of my favourite heroes, one is american, one is russian, and one is kryptonian... ethnicity doesnt mean much to me as long as the characters are good...

Rooney's grandmother is irish i think... i could be wrong though...

That just means that they're ancestor was possibly irish, not them...

Ok...

Black Adam
haven't seen her in a while... i'm not even sure if she's irish either...

you can see her every month in X factor the best x-book currently out ...

pr1983
Originally posted by Black Adam
you can see her every month in X factor the best x-book currently out ...

*cough*astonishingxmen*cough* stick out tongue

kenobi
personally, I do not care what the race of the comic character is. I am hispanic and the only thing racial in comics that I do not like is when a character is stereotypical or if a hero is a minority so therefore all of their arch-nemesis are of the same minority race. That is weak. Spiderman has arch-villians of all types and he is white so why give ,for example, a hispanic hero only hispanic villians. That is my only beef.

Alfheim

That just means that they're ancestor was possibly irish, not them...

Yeah I guess you could look it like that. That means it can be kinda hard to define whats Irish. Im sure there are loads of Irish Americans in Boston...I think.

Black Adam
*cough*astonishingxmen*cough* stick out tongue

*cough*PAD and Madrox>>>>>>AXM*cough*

stick out tongue

pr1983
Yeah I guess you could look it like that. That means it can be kinda hard to define whats Irish. Im sure there are loads of Irish Americans in Boston...I think.

its been my experience that alot of people who would claim irish ancestry only do so because their great uncle's second cousin's sister's boyfriend once had a guinness in galway... stick out tongue

though alot of people (americans in particular), do have genuine irish ancestry, considering it was irish people (as well as spanish) who helped build the country...

Originally posted by Black Adam
*cough*PAD and Madrox>>>>>>AXM*cough*

stick out tongue

pah, you wish... stick out tongue

SnakeEyes

First off, that's just not true. As grey fox proved by the links.

Secondly, if you have no problem with this, then why did you start the thread?!

The Prophecy
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Secondly, if you have no problem with this, then why did you start the thread?!

Look please don't be upset, what I was trying to explain was that having caucasian heroes is fine and all,but that we needed a more diverse comic book universe. However I came to the conclusion that the reason there are so many because it's based on where you are in the world,and I didn't know that until now. So I was just confused thats all. Look I'm not racist AT ALL ,because thats just not the way my heart goes.
I also needed this information to make a better comic book. So please, this goes for everyone if I offened you in any way I'm very sorry,and please forgive me . All I wanted was to balance everything out to satisfy everyone.

inamilist
All I wanted was to... satisfy everyone.

very nobel, but at the same time, very impossible :P

you are good people though

The Prophecy
very nobel, but at the same time, very impossible :P

you are good people though

Thank You, and I know it's impossible but I always try my best .

Scarlet315

I mean u got me. The world is filled with so much interesting cultures and races yet caucasians are on the face of most comics. You are right though when u say why???

long pig
They make better heroes? evil face

You be straight trippin', boo.

Alfheim
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

I dont think he really proved anything. I am only concerned with Marvel as I have said there is room for improvement. The fact is everybody knows that white superheroes vastly outnumber other minorities, so I dont know what the problem is. If this was 1992 you would have probably said the samething, because somebody brings up race its automatically rubbish.

Alfheim
Arggh I wanted to edit the above post LOL. In hindsight I can see why people think im wrong. There are some pretty decent black characters on the link, I guess I was stuck in 1992. As somebody said assuming that most readers are white, I would say that Marvel have done a pretty good job.

Numinus (cosmic embodiment of the wonders of the universe)

That killed it for me really.

Darth Vicious
IMO I believeit depends in the regional area like someone said already but also the writers. Most of them are white and unless they grew up with different ethnicities they wouldnt have a clue how to write any other type than white. I wouldnt want a caucasian writer that doesnt know anything about latinos creating a new latino superhero and not having a clue about what to use for his background just so they could add different ethnic groups to make a few people happy. I used to feel there werent that many latinos heroes/villains but im cool with the few that there are now as of late like The Santerians(DD) and The Children of the Vault(X-men)

srankmissingnin
Marvel/DC story lines mostly take place in the States (or... space). Now, last I read only 30% of the population of America belonged to a visible minority. It seems reasonable, accurate even, that the majority of characters are Caucasian.

The Prophecy
It depends where you are in the world.

Alfheim
By the way Genosha is located off the east coast of Africa. Ive read some issues with Genosha in it. Genosha used to have like loads of black mutants right?

Creshosk
By the way Genosha is located off the east coast of Africa. Ive read some issues with Genosha in it. Genosha used to have like loads of black mutants right? Not from What I read in the X-Tinction agenda.. there are black characters but the primary aggressors seem to be caucasian. One of them, Hodge, I know came from the US. as he at one point in time worked under X-factor before turning out to be a bad guy...

manjaro
so there are lots of whtes ppl in comics, mutants or otherwise....im totally over it. im not trying to see minorities for the sake of seeing them. cuz thats just insulting and patronizing to me. i dont want some muckity muck writer or editor to act out of frustration or reluctance and say "see here's your black/brown/yellow face, are you happy now?" just cuz he's feeling the pressure

Alfheim
Originally posted by manjaro
so there are lots of whtes ppl in comics, mutants or otherwise....im totally over it. im not trying to see minorities for the sake of seeing them. cuz thats just insulting and patronizing to me. i dont want some muckity muck writer or editor to act out of frustration or reluctance and say "see here's your black/brown/yellow face, are you happy now?" just cuz he's feeling the pressure

Yeah....but having a country which is located off the east coast of Africa and still not having lots of black mutants is taking the piss. If it located in Western Europe then that would be understandable.

Creshosk
Yeah....but having a country which is located off the east coast of Africa and still not having lots of black mutants is taking the piss. If it located in Western Europe then that would be understandable. Did you want the larger majority of the biggots to be black? Remember Genosha was an island that treated mutants rather badly...

Did you really want black people to be the primary aggressors during the X-Tinction Agenda?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>