Love Never Dies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
If you think you've loved someone or something and you don't anymore it's because you never had love for him, her or it in he first place. It was just a deep liking that faded. True love for someone or something in actuality lasts. That's when you know it's genuine love.

My philosophy is that true love never dies.

debbiejo
I'm not sure I agree with that. I believe a person can have many true loves throughout their lives.

FistOfThe North
Well, I believe a person can have many loves, also. But of course, they will only have been true loves if the element itself lasts and doesn't fade as would a liking or an extreme liking of someone or something does.

Love never fades. And there is no such thing as falling out of love. It's really just falling out of interest or a deep liking.

Storm
The relationship may end, but the feelings might not.

Revan Souer
Have to agree if you really love someone iy doesnt matter what they do you can change how you feel, though you can surpress the feelings.
As I was inlove with someone and still am in a way, I just cant act on them feelings

redcaped
Love is You not the person you admire.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
If you think you've loved someone or something and you don't anymore it's because you never had love for him, her or it in he first place. It was just a deep liking that faded. True love for someone or something in actuality lasts. That's when you know it's genuine love.

I believe its possible for love to die; I've been divorced.

Kaled
ugh this is somethink i can never understand, how poeple believe that love is some divine force. Love is an emotion, nothing more, when a person dyies the brain waves in their head stop and the emotian dies. Its something i'v always failed to see regretfully

debbiejo
I've been in love many times, yes feelings do change. You might still have some feeling but it is not the same KIND of feeling you had before...As for a TRUE love.....I'm not sure that is realistic, but just a phrase we all like to use.

FoxMeister
"When someone breaks your heart you can still love them with all the little pieces"

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I believe its possible for love to die; I've been divorced.

And that's because it wasn't love. It was some sort of special bond I'm sure, but it wasn't love. Love would've made sure you and your spouse pulled through in spite of the difficulties.

(immortal) Love is powerful.

Alfheim
And that's because it wasn't love. It was some sort of special bond I'm sure, but it wasn't love. Love would've made sure you and your spouse pulled through in spite of the difficulties.

I agree but it depends on you how strong you want the love to be.

Soleran
"True Love" can only be expressed by loss of self.

However that said most people in love are doing it for selfish feelings and how it will make them feel, it's ironicsmile

Lord Urizen
If Love is born it can also die....just like Hate can die as well.

I know a person who was once intensely racist, now he is accepting of other people's differences.

People change, and it is beyond thier control. You can truly love someone, and that love can die over time....a long time, but it can die...is the point.

debbiejo
Love, I believe is giving without expecting back. When both can do that then it has a much better change of growing and working.

Bardock42
So basically you want to redefine love to mean "A very strong liking for another person (or object...or subject) that does not end until the death of the like-er"?

Okay, well, I could agree with that (that's not the actual meaning, but who cares), but why would you want that to be the case? Or is this just about a special case called "true love"? Also, would it be alright for the love to end with the disappearance of the like-ee?

AOR
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm not sure I agree with that. I believe a person can have many true loves throughout their lives.

I agree. I believe each person has more than one true love. Not all to be met at once, but in certain situations with the previous one had faded.

King Kandy
How do you define the difference between "Love" and "Extreme liking"?

lord xyz

My philosophy is that true love never dies. My philosophy is true love doesn't exist. There's no such thing as "(true) love". It's all in your mind.

Kayne Archeron
something like true love can never exist until we dispose of emotions like lust, greed, hate, etc.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
If Love is born it can also die....just like Hate can die as well.

I know a person who was once intensely racist, now he is accepting of other people's differences.

People change, and it is beyond thier control. You can truly love someone, and that love can die over time....a long time, but it can die...is the point.

Love isn't born, it's within us already. It comes standard. It's not created, it happens.

That's like saying the mind can die. -how could it when it was never born- The mind happens. Just as love does immortally.

And no, you can't truly love someone and have the love fade overtime. If that was the case, it wasn't love but a perceived version of it.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
So basically you want to redefine love to mean "A very strong liking for another person (or object...or subject) that does not end until the death of the like-er"?

Okay, well, I could agree with that (that's not the actual meaning, but who cares), but why would you want that to be the case? Or is this just about a special case called "true love"? Also, would it be alright for the love to end with the disappearance of the like-ee?

No, I do not want to redefine love nor did or do i intend to. A very strong liking or (vst) is a (vst) and love is love. a (Vst) dies or fades away over time then dies or what have you. It is love that is the element that does not end.

And, to me, love dying upon the demise person (or lover) is debatable. I'm not 100% sure as to whether or not said love carries on into an afterlife or another dimension of some sort because there's no evidence of the concept existing or not existing.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by AOR
I agree. I believe each person has more than one true love. Not all to be met at once, but in certain situations with the previous one had faded.

I am in accord with about 60% of what you wrote because, again, love doesn't fade. Perceived love does.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by King Kandy
How do you define the difference between "Love" and "Extreme liking"?

Good question.

I'd define the difference between both (true) love and an extreme liking as love being mountainous (monumental) and the other being horizonal (horizontal) with love being much more grander, more significant and on a much more larger in scale than an extreme liking is. Whereas with an extreme liking which can seem -and sometimes be- just as beautiful can be mostly flat and mortal. And conquerable. With love, love conquers all.

Tassie
I see where you're coming from, and I agree with you. But the thing is, you can't argue with someone who hasn't really been in love, because it's only then that you can know what love really is. Not just a word.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by lord xyz
My philosophy is true love doesn't exist. There's no such thing as "(true) love". It's all in your mind.

True love does exist and it's within you. Like I said It just need to happen.

King Kandy
Good question.

I'd define the difference between both (true) love and an extreme liking as love being mountainous (monumental) and the other being horizonal (horizontal) with love being much more grander, more significant and on a much more larger in scale than an extreme liking is. Whereas with an extreme liking which can seem -and sometimes be- just as beautiful can be mostly flat and mortal. And conquerable. With love, love conquers all.
Then this is proposterous, because your definition was fabricated to fit your beliefs, and Visa-Versa.

Thus... This discusssion is a futile excersise in circular logic.

FistOfThe North
Then this is proposterous, because your definition was fabricated to fit your beliefs, and Visa-Versa.

Thus... This discusssion is a futile excersise in circular logic.

Wrong. He asked me how "I" would define the difference in-between love and an extreme liking. Not what the standard definition is. There really isn't one. Thus making your statement futile Mr. Kandy.

lord xyz
Seriously though, one person out there for everyone? It's as real as heaven. Something enlightening to help people get back up off their feet. Okay, you're lying to them and damaging their mind, but who cares aslong as they're happy?

Thorin

AOR
I am in accord with about 60% of what you wrote because, again, love doesn't fade. Perceived love does.

By faded I mean gone, not that it was forgotten but the "love" or "lover" has faded away. Memory I wouldn't consider because nothing can truly be "forgotten". What I meant to say is, if a man/woman loses their spouse, chances are there is a another person meant for them out in the world. I would even go to say that they would be closer than they think. Hence when I said

Kayne Archeron

Gouki
I believe that love is a deep respect or an affection to a particular person. I think that once you fall in love with someone, there probably is a way that you can convert this love into hate or whatever emotion that may arise if the potential is there, However, I'm inclined to think that it's hard to lose feelings for someone that you love. When I say lose feelings for someone, I mean to a lesser degree and not totally. It's possible in my opinion, but very unlikely, because if you 'truly' love something then, you find it extremely hard to not respect him or her, and not view them without affection or liking. I fell in love with a girl that was in one of my classes in my Freshman year in High School, and I can't say that my love for her has diminished in it's entirety, but to a certain point. Just enough for me to say that I still do like her a lot, but not love her anymore like I had used to. Love for me is hard to understand, because it keeps such a grip on your perception of the world in which you interact with.

Röland

Kayne Archeron
well, like anything worth having, Love is something you have to work at. you can't just make someone love you and then assume it's going to stay that way and complain later when they leave you and then claim True Love doesn't exist

Bardock42
No, I do not want to redefine love nor did or do i intend to. A very strong liking or (vst) is a (vst) and love is love. a (Vst) dies or fades away over time then dies or what have you. It is love that is the element that does not end.

And, to me, love dying upon the demise person (or lover) is debatable. I'm not 100% sure as to whether or not said love carries on into an afterlife or another dimension of some sort because there's no evidence of the concept existing or not existing.

So basically you say no, and then claim exactly what I said you were claiming? Interesting.

Vinny Valentine

No. You're very wrong. True love can die.

erm

Kelly_LS

I never stopped loving Daniel and I never will, though we're not together anymore.

Terrorist
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
I never stopped loving Daniel and I never will, though we're not together anymore.
Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Terrorist
Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel Dno expressionniel
Dude, eff off, seriously. You cannot come into a thread with the PURPOSE of Love in it and not expect me to give my opinion on him, and even if you did, get over it.

Charmed_Phoebe

I agree 100% ; love will always be there, even if the relationship fails. And it is true, love can hurt....but its a wonderful feeling in my experience.

debbiejo
Love can change, but not really die..........It just becomes less intense.

King Kandy
The point I was making is that you define love as something in tune with your "True Love" theory, thus you HAVE to be right!

True love can't fade, because that's how you defin e love. It's not something that can be debated!

It's like me saying the moon is made of green cheese, and then, when asked, defining a moon as "An object formed from green cheese". I can't be wrong If I use my own definition!

Charmed_Phoebe
Love can change, but not really die..........It just becomes less intense.

agreed stick out tongue

Shad0w_Frost

I agree

debbiejo
I disagree. That is living in a fairytale land.

FoxMeister
Originally posted by FoxMeister
"When someone breaks your heart you can still love them with all the little pieces"
Now this guy is an intelligent character. I would add something to that though. You can still love them with the little pieces but you might not want to and you may believe that you dont want to see them again that you are blind enough to choose the second best. Like it or not your love never dies.

Alfheim
Seriously though, one person out there for everyone? It's as real as heaven. Something enlightening to help people get back up off their feet. Okay, you're lying to them and damaging their mind, but who cares aslong as they're happy?

thumbdown

Charmed_Phoebe
I disagree. That is living in a fairytale land.

big grin what debbie? Don't want to join all the love crazed freaks like me in fiarytale land?? wink

Kayne Archeron
first you gotta find one of those freaks... considering how picky i am, that takes a while

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
first you gotta find one of those freaks... considering how picky i am, that takes a while

roll eyes (sarcastic) It did not take me long to fall in love...but be careful, and take chances!

Roulette

I disagree. Circumstances change, people change, and feelings fade. When you're in a difficult relationship with someone you love, there is only so much you can endure. Pain can sometimes go too deep. You cannot always bounce back and continue on. Relationships, and people, are different. Sometimes the only option left is to throw in the towel, and other times relationships are burdened with less dilemmas, so love has a much greater chance of survival.

Feelings may still exist after everything's been said & done - you may still care for the person because you've been through so much together, but that intense love you once had for them can definitely die.

Quiero Mota

Yeah, you're right. It was a shotgun marriage, and despite all the ups and downs through the years and our best efforts, it just didn't work out.

Bardock42
So, we are just talking about the definition of a word? Some want to include that for it to be love it has to be "eternal" or something, others say there can be love and it can then cease to exist...which is more rational, of course.

This thread is bullshit.

Soleran
There are so many types of love most people focus on "romantic" love.

Love of oneself
Love of your Parents and Siblings
Love of someone you hold close to you etc etc etc

This "true love" discussion just clouds the water. Romantic love is dictated by circumstance and you can love many people at once and fall out of this "true love" as circumstances change.

Is this a philosophical question? It seems more like a romantics longing for fulfillment.

leonheartmm
true love CAN die but you die with it. atleast the person you were, your conciounce at the time. if you rip away your former soul{so to speak} true love might die. but not otherwise.

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by leonheartmm
true love CAN die but you die with it. atleast the person you were, your conciounce at the time. if you rip away your former soul{so to speak} true love might die. but not otherwise.

I disagree, you always will love that person even if the relationship dies! I have seen it time and time again no matter what they did too eachother they still love eachother just not as strongly! They can meet other people and fall madly/truely in love for that person but they will still feel love for their ex, but it wont be the same. Now, if YOU dont feel love then it never was love to begin with. (true love at least)

Kelly_LS
You never stop loving someone but you can definately fall out of love with someone. Take for instance my ex, I still ...kind of love him, though he's a complete and utter jackass and is going through his rebellious stage right now, wearing black eyeliner, painting his fingernails black, living with two gay friends of ours and never going home, getting ready to quit school, etc. We're not friends anymore because just just got into a fight and though he's going to quit and I'll probably only see him VERY rarely, I'll still have a little love for him, just not in the "relationship" way.

Marth18
Ex broke up with me, and i still love her and forever will so there...

Fawne
i believe that..i mean honestly. they loved them for a reason..so forever some part of love is left

lord xyz
quickquote=7634201](auto quote)What the hell is "true love"? What the f**k?

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alfheim
thumbdown Don't you just love the truth?

FoxMeister
The point I was making is that you define love as something in tune with your "True Love" theory, thus you HAVE to be right!

True love can't fade, because that's how you defin e love. It's not something that can be debated!

It's like me saying the moon is made of green cheese, and then, when asked, defining a moon as "An object formed from green cheese". I can't be wrong If I use my own definition! What the hell is "true love"? What the f**k?
corrected ur quick quote

Rogue Jedi
but there is always one that stands out, ie "the love of my life."

redcaped

My philosophy is that true love never dies. No, it dyes

Darth Zedster
I believe that love can die between two individuals but cannot die on a massive scale.

2 people may love each other deeply until one of them dies, then the dead person is death to the living persons love. When the other person is living no longer both are death to love, the love between them cannot be felt and dies.

However if there are still people to love then it will never die!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.