Katarn better Swordsman than Luke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Broke Beat
what it says at wikipedia.... i think its bullshit. Considering Kyle doesn't have any kind of sword training at all, and Skywalker being the strongest being in the galaxy i dont see it at all. The whole paragraph at the bottom, seemed to stem off the video game completely, because in any other novel, Skywalker holds the crown on all ends, including swordsmanship. I know anything can be posted on wiki, and dosent count as an official source, so that why i'm asking opinions. im sure you guys have seen it, ut i havent seen anywhere else where it says Kyle is better and Woooki, and Ansewers.com are both the same as wiki. i think Kyle dosen't hold a candel towards Skywalker.

What do you guys think?

Kyle Katarn - the Battlemaster.While Kyle's fighting style may be a fighting style created by the New Jedi Order, it's also possible that it is a personal style. If the player chooses the Dark Side in the computer game, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Kyle uses many Force techniques, such as Force pulling an opponent's lightsaber away during a battle, as well as many physical attacks such as disarming an enemy, grabbing the character with one hand, and punching them with the other. However, it should be noted that Kyle did learn many techniques from the spirits of Qu Rahn and the ancient Jedi Tal in the Valley of the Jedi such as the Flowing Water cut and the Falling Leaf attack.

During the events led by Desann, Kyle showed a great mastery of the Force by relearning powers of both the Light and Dark Side of the Force in a relatively short amount of time. An extraordinary swordsman, Kyle became the New Jedi Order's formost Battlemaster. His general mastery of the Force was incredible and surpassed all but the strongest Jedi Masters, such as Luke Skywalker, while his swordsman skills were surpassed by none other in the Galaxy, not even Skywalker.

- From Wiki

Darth Kreiger
I support that, I don't think Luke should be so Godly anyways(Plus Kyle NPC's are stronger than Luke's NPC in Jedi Academy)

DEATH TO THE NJO!

Broke Beat
Dont get me wrong, i like Katarn and yes luke is overpowered, but regardless kyle has never fought anyone as strong as Luke, so why should all of a sudden he be better swordsman than Skywalker?

Quinlan_Vos
Kyle is not a better swordsmen than Luke. He's probably the second best.

Blax X
Luek is the best, pretty much ever.

Darth Scythe
I'm actually the best.

I pwn the both of them.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Broke Beat
what it says at wikipedia.... i think its bullshit. Considering Kyle doesn't have any kind of sword training at all, and Skywalker being the strongest being in the galaxy i dont see it at all. The whole paragraph at the bottom, seemed to stem off the video game completely, because in any other novel, Skywalker holds the crown on all ends, including swordsmanship. I know anything can be posted on wiki, and dosent count as an official source, so that why i'm asking opinions. im sure you guys have seen it, ut i havent seen anywhere else where it says Kyle is better and Woooki, and Ansewers.com are both the same as wiki. i think Kyle dosen't hold a candel towards Skywalker.

What do you guys think?

Kyle Katarn - the Battlemaster.While Kyle's fighting style may be a fighting style created by the New Jedi Order, it's also possible that it is a personal style. If the player chooses the Dark Side in the computer game, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Kyle uses many Force techniques, such as Force pulling an opponent's lightsaber away during a battle, as well as many physical attacks such as disarming an enemy, grabbing the character with one hand, and punching them with the other. However, it should be noted that Kyle did learn many techniques from the spirits of Qu Rahn and the ancient Jedi Tal in the Valley of the Jedi such as the Flowing Water cut and the Falling Leaf attack.

During the events led by Desann, Kyle showed a great mastery of the Force by relearning powers of both the Light and Dark Side of the Force in a relatively short amount of time. An extraordinary swordsman, Kyle became the New Jedi Order's formost Battlemaster. His general mastery of the Force was incredible and surpassed all but the strongest Jedi Masters, such as Luke Skywalker, while his swordsman skills were surpassed by none other in the Galaxy, not even Skywalker.

- From Wiki

To be fair Skywalker never really got lightsaber training. Obi-Wan and Yoda focused more on teaching Luke about the Force and not wielding a lightsaber.

I mean it is possible for Kyle to be better then Luke but when two Jedi/Sith fight it usually doesn't just involve sword fighting but also Force powers. I'm sure that Kyle could take Luke in straight up sword fighting but an all out fight Kyle wouldn't stand a chance.

Blax X
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
I'm actually the best.

I pwn the both of them.

I pwn your mother wink

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Blax X
I pwn your mother wink

i pwn both your mothers...TWICE!!!! stick out tongue

Blax X
Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu
i pwn both your mothers...TWICE!!!! stick out tongue

Being black, I pwn every women related to and affiliated with you. I dont spare the children either no expression

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Blax X
Being black, I pwn every women related to and affiliated with you. I dont spare the children either no expression

laughing Awesome.

Anyways, Kyle is not a better swordsman the Luke is.

JediKatarn1
Kyle would never prove how good a swordsman he is by fight his best friend. Luke and Kyle are like blood brothers;-D

BlaxicanHydra
.. Luke's still better, though.

Violent2Dope
It didn't say anywhere that he was stronger than Luke, only no one surpasses him. Maybe that means they're equals.

DigiMark007
Haha. I'm going to use this as proof to annoy my friends. Katarn FTW!!

woot

xxxpoppunker182
in DN during the final battle of the swarm war looks mechanical hand shorts out and it's stated that he is as good as everyone else with his off hand(left hand) and i think its Betrayal that mara refers to him getting use to his new hand so instead of being way better than everyone else with a lightsaer he's just better than everyone else.

vader11
I believe Kyle is a little bit better than Luke at the time he beat Desann.

Melcórë
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
It didn't say anywhere that he was stronger than Luke, only no one surpasses him. Maybe that means they're equals.

" while his swordsman skills were surpassed by none other in the Galaxy, not even Skywalker."

That seems to suggest that he's better than Luke. wink

Violent2Dope

Melcórë
*Blinks*

Uh....no, it means that not even Luke could surpass Kyle's prowess as a swordsman. Which pretty much means that he's better than Luke.

Not that I agree with it, but that's what it means....

Violent2Dope
No, it says no one in the galaxy surpassed him in swordsmanship, which does not mean it's impossible for Luke to get better.

xxxpoppunker182

Faunus
It's Wikipedia; it has no canonical value whatsoever. Hell, one of you could go there and edit that page right now. And as was already stated, a passage from DN basically describes Luke as being head and shoulders above the rest of the Order in swordsmanship.

Darth Sexy
Even with his left hand, I might add.

vader11
Kyle should be the 2nd best in saber, if not the best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.