Resident evil Vs Silent Hill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zslick
No this is a big Debate which movie is best and which one sucks??

BroLLy_LsSj
Movies???

Silent Hill of curse.

Games???

Resident Evil.

BroLLy_LsSj
Silent Hill The Movie Owns ,is exactly like the game.

Evil Dead
Resident Evil

neither movie is very good.........but atleast Resident Evil is a stand alone movie. It has character development and plot.....allowing the audience to view both. Silent Hill had no character development whatsoever............nor any explanation for the entire plot, reasonable, logical reason they went to Silent Hill in the first place. Silent Hill movie is basically a companion for the game........it can't stand alone.

zslick
IN OTHER WORDS PEOPLE RESIDENT EVIL IS STILL THE BEST!!! BUH YA!!!

Deano
i hated resident evil. myabe cos i was a massive fan of the games. i just think they strayed to far from the game.

i havent seen silent hill yet. soon hopefully

lake1951
I guess I like Silent Hill better because it has better special effects. If anyone is into "Resident Evil".... there is a Eric Mabius dvd that just came out called "Voodoo Moon". It is a zombie-type movie also.

Vash_4_prez
FINALLY!! I thought that I was the only one to realize that Silent Hill was 100% visual. It looked good, but there was no plot, character, or action that made it good for me. I figured out the ending less than halfway through the movie, and the only thing that I liked about it was Pyramid Head, but they only gave him about 2.5 minutes of screen time. Resident Evil had a great set up, great action, and was a more complete movie. So I agree with Zslick. Buh Ya!

zslick
also the silent movie the graphics was bad i mean i just thought some parts were good some parts were just bad the only thing good about the movie is just about gore everythin else eehh!!!

zslick
Okay i just wanted to put this out there did anyone notice that the villian inside resident evil 2 the guy who activated nemisis and alice program he is the dad inside silent hill???

Gregory
Movies? Silent Hill. Games? Still Silent Hill, actually, not counting RE4.

Wasn't there a thread exactly like is in the MD forum or something? I'd swear I've participated in this conversation before.

zslick
yea you probably i have but they closed it and i was forced to post this in horror section so sorry for the confusion!

SelphieT
when it comes to the movies, I'd pick Silent Hill.

When it comes to the actual games, Resident Evil all the way.

The movies didn't stay true to the games....I really didn't like either movies.

BlackC@
I really enjoyed Resident Evil.

Silent Hill was okay I guess. I found somethings in it to be extremely stupid.

BroLLy_LsSj
Originally posted by SelphieT
when it comes to the movies, I'd pick Silent Hill.

When it comes to the actual games, Resident Evil all the way.

The movies didn't stay true to the games....I really didn't like either movies.

Your damn right little girl.

Wolfie
The better of two crappy movies, Resident Evil.

zslick
i dont know what you mean by crappy but it seems that resident conquers this thread!

LaHaine
they both suck

BroLLy_LsSj
Originally posted by LaHaine
they both suck

AND WHAT IS COOL 4 - U?

TOY STORY?

LaHaine
Originally posted by BroLLy_LsSj
AND WHAT IS COOL 4 - U?

TOY STORY?

yes, actually.

My girlfriend calls me Buzz Lightyear.

no, for real. check out Lucio Fulci you ****ing ****. **** off and **** **** **** **** ****

LaHaine
Do you even know who the Goat of Mendez is?

zslick
hey hey i will not tolerate that in my thread you idiotic punk and i was your game turned into a movie wait it doesnt have to i dont even know what you game is even called!!!

BackFire
Silent Hill is the better movie, by far.

Deano
ive heard it stays close to the games heart. so i will probably enjoy it. resident evil did the opposite, and i hated it

BackFire
Yeah it stays pretty close, as far as atmosphere goes. By no means a great movie, but it did it's job well.

Mattomic
The Resident Evil movies are not as bad as alot of people say, although i'll be the first to admit, they could've been a million times better had they stayed true to the games!!!

Gamewise, it's no contest.....Resident Evil wins hands down

Movie wise?? At the moment, i'd say Resi Evil again, but I have yet to see Silent Hill, so i'll have a better judgement when I have seen it, can't see myself enjoying it though, I think the games are terrible rip-offs of Resident Evil, they are so obviously trying to beat Resi, and failing miserably

zslick
just admit it people resident evil is the best and its final!!!

Vim
I actually never played Silent Hill the game, but I saw the movie, and most of the stuff in it was good, such as Pyramid Head, but by the ending it just got stupid... Anyway, also I agree that Resident Evil strayed too far from the game material to be good in my eyes. Had they stuck with "survival/horror" of it, it would have been better. They could have built alot more tension having them run and gun and conserve ammo, instead they were able to blaze paths through loads of zombies, which you never really saw in the games.. Weird, huh?

Mattomic
George A. Romero's script for Resident Evil was brilliant!!! Truly brilliant!!! Stayed so true to the game, had a tyrant, the mansion, a giant snake, all the other baddies, and the characters too.....

I wish we had gotten to see his script come to life, but another sad fact of life that we didn't

Nikkolas
I point to this post to utterly disprove the crap people keep saying about Silent Hill being honest to the games.

News to mee Pyramid Head was in Silent Hill (game). I remember him in Silent Hill 2. That was the utterly stupid part. Red Pyramid/Pyramid Head gained his fame and recognition as the symbol of the Silent Hill games by being a manifestation of dark emotion and repression in the protagonist. The Great Knife and the overly-large helmet symbolize pain and his continued murdering of Maria is the town's way of tormenting our hero. Yet, he's in Silent Hill the movie which vaguely follows the story of the first game and thus it eliminates Pyramid Head's purpose and makes him nothing more than a stupid addition.

Resident Evil was a terrific movie. Milia is one of the few modern-day talented actresses who has looks and more. She did her part exceptionally well, both pulling off the part of a badass and a very human woman. She had the issue of recovering her lost memory and confronting that which all culminated in her burying her past by putting that axe through her "husband's" head. Add to this that the ending stands as one of the best endings in any movie ever and RE comes out fully on top.

Napkin Thief
It just comes down to who??? you would rather watch running around in a tight skirt battling evil

Milla Jovovich or Rahda Mitchell?

***t... Ill take em both!!!

o... yeah I choose resident evil.

Cowboyography
I liked silent hill the movie but when it comes to games RE4 is the best console game ever made!!

Espantada23
I've never played either game so I have no clue what the story is on the games,but as far as movies go...I liked Resident Evil more than Silent Hill...Mainly because since I don't know ***t about Silent Hill I have no idea WTF the movie is about or what the hell is going on or supposed to be going on.

Vim
I'm not saying that Resident Evil was a bad movie, I just feel like if they stuck to the formula that made the games so good, I think it would have been better. Also Mila Jovovitch is a wonderful actress i love her in everything she does! But the movie was a bit of letdown to me, Silent Hill was good to an extent... Personally as far as movies go they were both crap but that's just my opinion...

zslick
okay yes resident evil four the game is cool graphics and everything but i think its just weak on the whole scary now the first two that was scary. but yea resident i still think is best but who is looking foward to see ashanti to play a nurse inside resident evil three?

Mattomic
I dunno about that, but Ali Larter as Claire......you can't go wrong big grin

zslick
dude wesker is goin to be in resident evil 3!!!

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by Mattomic
George A. Romero's script for Resident Evil was brilliant!!! Truly brilliant!!! Stayed so true to the game, had a tyrant, the mansion, a giant snake, all the other baddies, and the characters too.....

I wish we had gotten to see his script come to life, but another sad fact of life that we didn't

Romero made a script for resident evil freaken sweet .can you send me it sometime?

MildPossession
Silent Hill for me, thought the dialogue could have been a lot better though, awful dialogue in some parts from the writer. That was one thing that spoilt it as a whole for me.

Silent Hill had imo the better acting, music, atmosphere(mostly the first half), cinematography/art direction, effects, director and so on. smile

Still enjoyed Resident Evil.

SelphieT
Originally posted by BroLLy_LsSj
Your damn right little girl.

.......yes.

zslick
in fat if you have the website so i can check out this website!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.